[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh hell yes. All I ask is that it come out before the new Felia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: hIE1448593488.jpg (61 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
hIE1448593488.jpg
61 KB, 600x399
Oh hell yes. All I ask is that it come out before the new Felia statue. Please, Anime Jesus. Please grant me this one wish.
>>
>>5321106
super cool design. whats her source material?
>>
Is the source material any good? I'm always on the lookout for mecha-related anime.
>>
>>5321718
>mecha-related anime
/m/an here, anything I can do for, ya?
>>
>>5321709
>>5321718
The opinion seems to be that the fights are nice, but everything else doesn't make much sense and isn't much fun.
>>
>>5321744
I've looked into Code Geass and wasn't impressed. Love Eva (cliche I know), Gundam, enjoyed Apreggio, Pat Labor, and even Plastic Memoris (even if it isn't exactly mecha).

Bonus if the series has figures.
>>
>>5321767
i still want to know what its from though.
>>
>>5321785
>what is image search
>answer is first google result
>>
>>5321787
I don't speak moonrunes. but i'm not interested anymore, you ruined it for me. dick.
>>
>>5321805
What moonrunes? The first result is a MyFigureCollection link.
>>
>>5321784
With the shows you liked, I'm not sure how you'd feel about more super-robot oriented stuff (the kind that run on hotblood and yelling), but I'll list some of those anyway as that's mainly what I'm into.

If you liked Eva you should check out Gunbuster. Made by Gainax and directed by Anno as well, it's probably my personal favorite, or at least tied with Getter Robo: Armageddon. Kind of a tribute to 80's sports movies and giant robots all rolled into one, but even with that silly premise it has a few extremely powerful moments. Figure wise, there's the SoC that I've heard is quite nice and transformable, among other good offerings (just stay away from the Revoltech).

As I mentioned above, another favorite is Getter Robo: Armageddon, which is based on the Getter Robo mythos but not directly connected to the main manga series or any of the various anime based on it. It is, however, a direct sequel to an audio drama. If you aren't at least somewhat familiar with the characters before going in, I might advise doing a bit of research first, but I went into it without very much of that (just lurking /m/ for a while) and did just fine. Figure wise there's a lot to choose from, and most are pretty good if I remember correctly.

There's Gurren Lagann of course, which is great fun. Not very original or particularly intelligent, but it's a massive tribute to all things mecha (specifically Getter Robo) and helped get me and many others into the genre as a whole. There are a wide amount of generally liked figures of the main robot, as well as some Revoltechs that I personally enjoy.

I would definitely recommend GaoGaiGar if you're cool with a decent helping of (fucking beautifully animated) stock footage. It does take a little while to get going, but once it does it's really great. Got some awesome figures as well, especially a SoC of the titular robot, which is probably my favorite all-around figure as of now.

1 of 2.
>>
>>5321784
2 of 2.

In terms of shows I haven't seen but have heard good things about, there's Ideon, Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu, Dai-Guard, Votoms, and Layzner.
>>
>>5321787

unhelpful jagoff. Leave.
>>
>>5321805
>>5321906
>expecting to be spoonfed on 4chins

You have the tools and capability to figure it out with a quick image search. Apply yourselves or die, faggots.
>>
>>5321709
It's Moura from Comet Lucifer.

>>5321718
Personally I really like it, but generally people seem to think it's bad or meh. The fight scenes are absolutely gorgeous.
>>
>>5321835
Another more knowledgeable /m/an here.
Votoms is a masterpiece and despite being very dated in terms of animation, is probably one of the greatest things Japan has ever made. Right up there with all the other anime classics.
Depending on what type of show you enjoy, there's alot to look at. If you like Gundam and Patlabor, you'll definitely enjoy Votoms and some of the more realistic mecha shows. Good stuff to try out, stuff like Macross (particularly either Plus or DYRL as a start point,) Layzner is good too. Dragonar, if you can tolerate hk subs is damn fun, and there are a few other modern shows that stack up extremely well.
Though as a starting point for /m/ stuff, as this dude said, not much beats GGG and the Getter OVAs. I'd definitely recommend Shin vs Neo Getter over Armageddon, purely because it requires so little knowledge of the universe to enjoy. Gun X Sword is amazing, and the Mazinger OVAs and specifically Shin Mazinger are great.

Try stopping by the board, I know someone will have the big homo recommendation chart and the non-gag one.
>>
>>5321923

Dude, it's an image board, not the African savanna. Here you are either a helpful member of the community, or you are a dick.

You are a dick. Congratulations.
>>
>>5322936
>Votoms is a masterpiece
Don't spread rumours, friend.
>>
>>5322957
Don't take it too hard. It's just /a/'s super secret circle jerk elitism. They are the only board that complains about spoonfeeding this hard, like they're proud of being unhelpful.

And in case you still don't know, the source is Comet Lucifer.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.