[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Designer toys? Yay or gay? https://flic.kr/s/aHskqujTkD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11
File: Designer_Con_2015.jpg (336 KB, 550x562) Image search: [Google]
Designer_Con_2015.jpg
336 KB, 550x562
Designer toys? Yay or gay?

https://flic.kr/s/aHskqujTkD
>>
I like toys that were not designed by anyone, personally.
>>
>>5319597

Th... that doesn't even make sense
>>
Typically a miss instead of a hit. Like with 3A, the only thing they make that's worth putting money out for is Evenfall and only a few of the WWR bots. And I mean only A FEW.

Pretty much everything else that's designed by AW is complete trash.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 580x655) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 580x655
>>5319591
If it's not one of these bad boys, then I don't care for it.
>>
>>5319591
Only thing that actually looks cool and want
can't wait for the kickstarter
>>
>>5319611
>Pretty much everything else that's designed by AW is complete trash.
>worth putting money out for is Evenfall and only a few of the WWR bots
Oh so something that is designed by Ashley is worth putting money out for even through it's trash?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>5319635
Are YOU retarded? How do you fuck up reading comprehension so badly?
>>
>>5319635
Learn to read, shitposter.
>>
>>5319637
>>5319638
WOW look at this shitposting after fucking up
lol embarrassed much retard?

>Typically a miss instead of a hit.
k faggot
>Like with 3A, the only thing they make that's worth putting money out for is Evenfall and only a few of the WWR bots.
Which ashley designed
>And I mean only A FEW.
k but ashley designed them
>Pretty much everything else that's designed by AW is complete trash.
So something ashely designed is okay but other things designed by ashley is trash
LOL fucking retards I swear.
>HURR DURR I LIKE HOT POCKETS BUT ONLY WHEN MAMA THROW IT IN THE MICROWAVE WHEN OTHER PEOPLE PUT IT IN THE MICROWAVE IT TASTE BAD WAHHHH WAHHHHH
>>
>>5319631

I might back this one.
>>
File: Fonz.jpg (210 KB, 940x1000) Image search: [Google]
Fonz.jpg
210 KB, 940x1000
>>
File: nuts1.jpg (199 KB, 925x861) Image search: [Google]
nuts1.jpg
199 KB, 925x861
>>5319591
Some of them are just nuts
>>
>>5319600
>>
>>5319645
Oh hey, you're that guy that made that thread about the Kickstarter that was "ripping off Ashley Wood," right? Are you still having trouble determining what is and isn't sarcasm?
>>
>>5319591
GAYEST
A S
Y E
E Y
S A
TSEYAG
>>
>>5319591
I want those.
>>
>>5319918
*tips*
>>
>>5319591
Do these change pictures if you are wearing certain pair of glasses?
>>
>>5319591
Some are great. Some are shit. Your example imo is great. My example is shit.

Though I do prefer original designs over licensed ones. Yours is in the middle.
>>
>>5320040
Jesus Christ how terrifying
>>
They're alright. It's really hit and miss, and as that other anon was saying, mostly miss. Another problem is that sometimes they just seem... a bit too expensive, for things that are usually extremely simple. And often the ones I do want are just super exclusive. Like, only available at a convention, or at a specific store, usually in New York or L.A., or you have to enter a raffle for the chance to buy one.
>>
>>5320113
>extremely simple
Sculpting something simple and making it look good is way hard than sculpting something with detail.
If you don't get you, you are a pleb.
>>
File: HH-Advert-testshots_original.jpg (678 KB, 1205x733) Image search: [Google]
HH-Advert-testshots_original.jpg
678 KB, 1205x733
>>5320130
kek, most of the time they don't look good though.
I kid, I kid, I know it is a matter of taste.
I think I'm more referring to paint, or lack thereof. Stuff that's just a single solid color just isn't really my thing.
Or sometimes something that is a bunch of solid colors aren't my thing, pic related.
55 dollars each, 5.5 inches. It's like pottery.
>>
>>5320130
You speak as though designers toys are always simple in sculpt.
>>5319895
>>
>>5319591
>>
File: puke.jpg (10 KB, 236x251) Image search: [Google]
puke.jpg
10 KB, 236x251
>>5319591
>All that hipster shit
>>
>>5319597
>I like toys that were not designed by anyone
you dont like any toys at all?
even a fucking rock was designed by time
>>
Sometimes they're good, but they're almost always too expensive for what they are.
>>
>>5319631
Too bad it's zoidberg ripoff
>>
>>5320256
this
some are really cool looking and I would buy if I wasn't dishing out $50+ for a 2 inch high piece of airbrushed plastic
>>
>>5319591
I really wish I didn't open that link, it hurt to watch.
>>
>>5319591

All that stuff I'll never be able to afford.
>>
File: file.png (359 KB, 623x476) Image search: [Google]
file.png
359 KB, 623x476
>>5319591
I generally hate the ones that rely on using the same blank body. The ones that you can tell put a lot of time and work and thought into their designs are best. That being said your example l has a really nice paint scheme. I only own a few Three A figures in my collection though. (Pic related.) I'm just a poorfag which makes it hard to get into.

Tested did a few videos at Designercon which are worth checking out. Some stuff is pretty amazing. I wish I could create something like these guys do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI4om0iJ2zM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q62aE811Vj0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzVVTB8TSdc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb9wXNqs9ZI
>>
>>5319938
>GAYEST
>A S
>Y E
>E Y
>S A
>TSEYAG
You fucking failure
>>
>>5320597
Most that size run about $5 to 10, not really that bad. The bigger ones for $50+ I can understand because of horribly low print run.
>>
>>5319591
hipster trash
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.