[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diamond Select General?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 15914056703_f261ff0cb9_o.jpg (190 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
15914056703_f261ff0cb9_o.jpg
190 KB, 900x675
The collector section at TRU has been getting more Diamond Select figures lately, like the Nightmare Before Xmas and MK. Saw these Ghostbusters figs for $12.99 each. Anyone pick them up yet? I'm cautious about the QC seeing as they're large figs with lots of detail and accessories with a $13 price tag.
>>
File: 0813_um1.jpg (59 KB, 650x467) Image search: [Google]
0813_um1.jpg
59 KB, 650x467
>>5318431
I dont have anything Diamond Select
but they work on a scale i like.
How are the figures?
as far as i know. They are kind of new on that....
I know them for doing Statues more than Action Figures.
>>
>>5318431
Diamond select barely have QC issues and don't have horror stories like NECA releases (for example reeve superman's knees)
Also the scale is so weird
I think they are 1/8 scale and around 8 inch
If you like it go for it
>>
>>5318431
These aren't exactly up to par with S.H.Figuarts, so why would I care about them?
>>
>>5318618
>hurr durr scale fags
1/12 look nice to each other
But go and buy whatever you think looks "cool"
>>
Honestly, the only time I can recall a Diamond Select figure breaking on me was a Marvel Select Ultimate Carnage from way back in the day. Though admittedly, I've only gotten like 2 more since.

I doubt you'll see any QC issues, though.
>>
>>5318574
I have the Gillman from that line. The sculpt is fantastic; accurate to the character, very detailed, and seams are virtually invisible. The articulation is good, though I can't do much with Gillman's ankles. He's got like 30 POA total. Overall, it's a very good figure. It's kind of a shame it's so big; it's not in scale with anything else I have, but Gillman can be bros with my Neca Engineers, and I can always pretend he's Dagon or something if he's next to my G.I. Joes.

I want to get the Metalunan Mutant from this line, too.
>>
>ugly western joint design

nope
>>
>>5318579
>don't have horror stories

You'd be wrong about that. There's plenty of posts about wrists breaking off, knees, etc.

My Abomination's waist actually split apart. Really weird. But yeah, Diamond has issues too.
>>
>>5318814
> My Abomination's waist actually split apart
I think all company has little QC issues but I never heard Diamond select toy having a national wide problem like DC collectables or NECA.
Because reeves superman has a national wide issue. Almost every knee joint broke off and NECA had to send replaces. And for DCC most of the older animated figures had a joint breakage same with arhkam figures like killer croc.
I mean it doesn't have that kinda of horror stories of the Company sending out replacement joint but I'm sure it has one or two QC issues because no company is perfect.
>>
File: 20151125_153718_resized.jpg (599 KB, 918x1632) Image search: [Google]
20151125_153718_resized.jpg
599 KB, 918x1632
Dat number
>>
>>5319063
lucky also
>1993
is that the year the movie came out?
I know I can google but fuck it I'm asking
>>
>>5319076
hello? hello? why don't you answer me anymore?
>>
>>5319076
>is that the year the movie came out?
Sho 'nuff
>>
>>5318431
Wait, these are out?I had to preorder from dorkside because BBTS sold out of preorders. 13 bucks is a hell of a good price, that can't be right.
>>
>>5319156
Yea, it's what made me question their quality. I'm going to pick them up today just incase TRU screwed up. I watched the NYCC footage of them and they're suppose to retail around $25.
>>
>>5319927

They're cheaper because they don't come with the bases the main figures are coming with. These are "dumbed down" versions for TRU. Same thing Diamond always does for TRU, they did the same with Nightmare Before Christmas, for the Universal Monsters, etc. Cost is cheaper, but you get less stuff.
>>
>>5319931
I know Diamond does alternate versions for TRU vs. comic shops, but dumbed down? Wasn't the Interocitor Metaluna the TRU version?
>>
>>5319964

Worked for me. Picked up the catloli from Gotham for $13. The extra cash for the base stuff isn't worth it to me.
>>
>>5318579
>I think they are 1/8 scale and around 8 inch
You could just not make wild guesses, that's always an option. They're roughly 7" 1/10 figures.
>>
Well I bought a set from TRU. I'm still trying to fix Winston. They're VERY stiff out of the box. You can't boil them either, cause they have stickers on the packs (woops...) so you have to crack everything the old fashioned way.

Also my Winston's fucking left hand was stuck and popped off the wrist loop. I thought it was broken at first, but the molding gummed up the circle where it attaches and it can't move...so it's stuck. So I'm having to dig the fucking peg out with tweezers and then try clear out enough milometers of plastic to make this work...fuck.
>>
>>5320072
>so you have to crack everything the old fashioned way.

You mean like a blowdryer?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.