[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it that a bootleg can be just as good as the real thi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: bootleghulk.png (610 KB, 820x655) Image search: [Google]
bootleghulk.png
610 KB, 820x655
How is it that a bootleg can be just as good as the real thing and only cost $12? Is bandai really making THAT much of a profit per figure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVRxR-384XI
>>
>>5312243
I legitimately think the skin tone and texture look better on this bootleg. How does the rest of it hold up?

As to Bandai's pricing - remember they had to pay for the research, development, design and tooling of the figure, packaging design, etc. This looks like it's coming out of the same moulds as the original so it's effectively costing the bootleggers nothing more than plastic, cheap package printing and shipping.
>>
>>5312260
All that and licencing, so there's the answer.
>>
File: 1445792160473.jpg (23 KB, 436x432) Image search: [Google]
1445792160473.jpg
23 KB, 436x432
>2015
>still thinking a toy's value is only determined by the amount of plastic used

Obvious bait thread but there are idiots who still believe this.
>>
>>5312243
Because it's made out of lead paint

But seriously, it's because the chinese bootleggers don't have to pay the licensing fees, engineer the articulation, and sculpt the figure.
>>
File: child_chewing_window_sill-wr.jpg (5 KB, 125x185) Image search: [Google]
child_chewing_window_sill-wr.jpg
5 KB, 125x185
>>5312324
lead paint is superior though.

more durable, better colors, and puts all other paints to shame. It's also fucking delicious
>>
>>5312324
>licensing fees, engineer the articulation, and sculpt

This. Also, you can bring that cost down even more if you cut corners and skip QC, which definitely happened.

>>5312260
>I legitimately think the skin tone and texture look better on this bootleg.
As far as I can tell, it's the same as the retail release. I sort of wish they had used a darker shade though, I wasn't a fan of the pale green in the first place.

>How does the rest of it hold up?
At least on mine, the waist piece isn't glued in at all, there's a bunch of chipped paint, and there are several areas where stuff is glued in crooked like the eyes and neck. It's fine considering it's a third of the price and that I was going to skip it in the first place, but yeah, there're some concessions.
>>
>>5312243
where is it $12?
>>
>>5312260
>This looks like it's coming out of the same moulds as the original
That is the price for investing in China, they stab you in the back.
>>
>>5312360
The bootleg's lips aren't as dark as the official release, which is a big improvement.
>>
>>5312364
yeah, same question. Bumpity bump
>>
>>5312364
>>5312590
That's what he said in the video. He must have gotten lucky. ebay has it for at least 25, which is still pretty good compared to the real one
>>
File: GUL_2693.jpg (220 KB, 908x1200) Image search: [Google]
GUL_2693.jpg
220 KB, 908x1200
>>5312360
>At least on mine, the waist piece isn't glued in at all, there's a bunch of chipped paint, and there are several areas where stuff is glued in crooked like the eyes and neck.

My eyes came out a little better than yours did, but I still have the issues with paint. The avengers logo on his pants is smeared and he kinda looks like a drunk girl that was putting on lipstick.

Still, for the price, hes an buy.
>>
File: GUL_2690.jpg (224 KB, 759x1200) Image search: [Google]
GUL_2690.jpg
224 KB, 759x1200
>>5312768
>an easy buy**
>>
>>5312768
what's up with the blue pupils?
>>
>>5312773
I dunno. It's a knock off. Ask the manufacture.
>>
File: eating shit with greg.jpg (27 KB, 489x416) Image search: [Google]
eating shit with greg.jpg
27 KB, 489x416
Looks like he and Greg have been eating lunch together.
>>
File: hmyCa4z.jpg (872 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
hmyCa4z.jpg
872 KB, 2448x2448
fine, ill buy one and paint it red. fine, whatever.
>>
I can't tell between the bootleg and the real thing
And I don't mean in a good way
>>
>>5312805
lol'd too hard
>>
>>5312364
>>5312590
>>5312731
Probably aliexpress
>>
>>5313673
Thanks, is that a reliable site? How are the bootleg figmas?
>>
Well, the bootleggers don't have to pay for licensing, safety testing, or any of the engineering. They also distribute by dropping the individual figures in an envelope.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.