[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will the best Iron Man suit get a figuarts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10
File: Iron Man.jpg (845 KB, 2856x4284) Image search: [Google]
Iron Man.jpg
845 KB, 2856x4284
When will the best Iron Man suit get a figuarts?
>>
Asia would have to give a shit about SuperEnglishMan. They don't.
>>
A silver C3PO?
>>
>>5310670

Hey faggot, go back to the /who/ thread you dragged your bitch ass out of.
>>
>>5310681
no no no, it's Maria's retarded cousin.
>>
>>5310670
I'd like a decent Cyberman figure too...but not like that.

Give me one of the creepy original Cybermen with the bulky chest units and the hideous cloth coverings/robot mummy look any day.
>>
File: classiccybermen_doctorwho copy.jpg (297 KB, 760x333) Image search: [Google]
classiccybermen_doctorwho copy.jpg
297 KB, 760x333
>>5310813
Agreed, but I feel like the modern cybermen would pull off a highly posable figure the best out of the other designs.
The rest have loose trousers.

>tfw never got cyber controller BAF legs
>>
File: hackadog.jpg (39 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
hackadog.jpg
39 KB, 600x335
>>5310843
>those fucking designs
To this day I cannot comprehend why would anyone like Doctor Who unironically.
I'm absolutely sure it all has to be an elaborate joke passed through Who "fans".
>>
>>5310931
Dr Who is pretty much Cheese: The Show.

It's so damn cheesy it can only be enjoyed ironically, which is why it's super popular with faux-hipster millennials and Reddit kids who like it just because the cooler kids pretend to like it.
>>
>>5310931
Some of the classic Who episodes are alright but pretty much everything in the reboot is shit- why_does_this_exist tier.
>>
File: 1408918311752.webm (843 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1408918311752.webm
843 KB, 1024x576
>>5310931
Because sometimes the writing can be pretty good. I say sometimes because being a Doctor Who fan means acknowledging that literally half the classic serials and modern episodes can be garbage you have to sift through for those genuine gems.

Also it's like tokusatsu, in that the goofy costumes, rubber suit monsters, and wobbly sets made on a shoestring budget are a large part of the show's charm. Right now the other part of that charm is Peter Capaldi being a dick.
>>
>>5310931
Dr. Who is Britain's equivalent of Sentai.
>>
>>5311045
Rainbow Power Men are hype, though.
>>
File: 1410742809216.png (912 KB, 1360x762) Image search: [Google]
1410742809216.png
912 KB, 1360x762
>>5311072
And Whacky Time and Space Man can be pretty damn spooky. It's not a one to one comparison.
>>
>>5311079
>>5311045
>New who
>Lel so randumb Sontaron
>Progressive lesbain aliens
>The master is female and makes me want to blow my fucking brains out whenever she's on screen
I wanted to like Matt Smith/ Peter Capaldi but Steven Moffat and his Tumblr pandering bullshit just kills everything.

Back to /toy/ though, figuarts Cybermen/Daleks when?
>>
File: original.jpg (138 KB, 615x889) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
138 KB, 615x889
>>5311086
The new episodes were actually quite good and Capaldi (to me) gives a classic Doctor vibe.

Shame that they stick to 5" figures though.

>Capaldi is in this picture
>>
>>5311179
shit show deserves shit toys
>>
>>5310945
/thread
>>
>>5311086
ah shit. The chick master.
what a terribly written ignorant continuation of the master's already completed arc.
>>
>>5311045
>Also it's like tokusatsu

Japanese shows are more endearing
>>
>>5311086
The series concluded for me in 1996. And yes, I consider the TV movie canon. Sue me.
>>
>>5311232
Seriously this.

Also, the big bads of sentai can't be defeated by rough terrain and stairs.
>>
>>5310931

I think they're kind of neat, in a "What people from the past thought super future-time robots would like like."

You know. Like what people from the 40s, 50s, and 60s used for designs in old cheezy sci-fi movies and shows like the Outer Limits, the Twilight Zone, etc, and thought robots from the future or deep space would look like.
>>
>>5311285
Yeah, no.
This guy looks more advanced than the cybermen. Those are more on the diving-helmet-gorilla-suit-combo tier.
>>
>>5310931
Because it was a show made decades before the invention of the internet and on a cheap budget. Hell you can even see the set shake in some of the original episodes.

The newer ones have no excuses though, that's pretty much the entire money maker for the BBC now they fucked up Top Gear.
>>
File: robot.png (294 KB, 631x476) Image search: [Google]
robot.png
294 KB, 631x476
>>5311342

Cool.

But that isn't the only "Retro-future" robot design that ever existed,
>>
>>5311366
I love the new designs for the cybermen. I would buy a 6 inch figure of one real fucking fast.
>>
File: doctor-who-river-song.jpg (39 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
doctor-who-river-song.jpg
39 KB, 640x350
figma of most annoying Doctor Who character when?
>>
>>5311366
>The newer ones have no excuses though, that's pretty much the entire money maker for the BBC now they fucked up Top Gear.
I don't remember it so well but, it was over "racism", right?

BBC inded.

>>5311369
I know.
I was just throwing that guy as an archaic robot design that still looked like a fucking concept car from 2020 compared to the cybermen, like your pic does too.
>>
File: Cybermuseum.jpg (355 KB, 1087x734) Image search: [Google]
Cybermuseum.jpg
355 KB, 1087x734
I'd buy a boxset of Cyberman designs throughout the years, well articulated or not.
>>5311285
>>5311342
The Cybermen weren't meant to be robots, they were people that had ripped out their organs, limbs, and skin, and replaced them with cyborg bits. They were supposed to look like people in crazy robot suits because they were technically still people.
>>5311366
>Because it was a show made decades before the invention of the internet and on a cheap budget.
They also weren't made to be shown again. Reruns and home video weren't really a thing so the show was basically intended as cheap, disposable entertainment that didn't need to look perfect. Hell around a hundred episodes from the first two Doctor's eras are missing or gone forever because the show was considered so disposable the BBC actually outright destroyed or taped over the masters for entire serials to save space.
>>
>>5311408
>The Cybermen weren't meant to be robots, they were people that had ripped out their organs, limbs, and skin, and replaced them with cyborg bits. They were supposed to look like people in crazy robot suits because they were technically still people.
I like the concept but they still look terrible, bra.
>>
>>5311408
Real Time Cyberman a best.
>>
>>5311366
...what happened to Top Gear?
>>
>>5311376
I'd tell you when, but SPOILERS
>>
>>5311468
Jeremy got into fisticuffs with director and got the sack
James and Richard left as well.
>>
>>5311494
Aw man. Nothing good lasts forever, I suppose.
>>
>>5311494
Also, BLACK MUSLIM LESBIANS.
>>
>>5311596
What?
>>
>>5311600
Top Gear guy commented once about how the BBC producers were obssessed with putting black muslim lesbians on any show they could for no good reason but to put black muslim lesbians and brag about how cool and progressive their pets, eh, diverse casts makes them look.
>>
>>5311086
Figuarts Cybermen would just barely work, based largely on what cyberman design they do. Realistically, only the modern ones, and probably only the really terrible new version, instead of the pleasingly steampunk-esque series 2 versions.

Daleks, meanwhile, are really the only toys that Character/Underground/Whoever really does these things can reliably nail. Every Dalek toy is basically appropriate in every way, none of them egregiously miss the mark, because how could they?

I actually have a couple Who toys. I bought the War Doctor, so's I could transplant one of the heads to my custom War Doctor figure I'd made out of a Benjamin Hornigold figure (still haven't gotten around to that transplant, come to think of it), I got an Ironside Dalek for cheap, and I got a Sontaran. The War Doctor is predictably terrible, the Ironside is predictably fine, but the Sontaran is... man, I don't know.

I feel, playing with the Sontaran, like someone explained modern toy design to a designer who was still in the Kenner Star Wars frame of mind. It has a pleasantly swappable helmet, 90 degree movement in the knees and elbows, swivel wrists, universal shoulders and hips, thigh swivels, ball jointed ankles(!), and a torso ball joint (!!!). Unfortunately, both the torso and the ankles feel like they're almost installed upside down, and feel awfully flimsy for such load-bearing joints, and the universal hips and thigh swivels are in the tragic DCUC configuration.

In fact, let's call it that: The 5 inch sontaran feels like a kenner star wars designer tried to make a marvel legend, but came up with a DCUC.
>>
>>5311643
That does describe Who and Sherlock rather well, so... I could totally see his point. Still fucked up with the fists of fury though.
>>
>>5311643
There's almost literally a black muslim lesbian in Doctor Who series 6, and Rita a qt ;_;
(praise him)
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.