[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't really like Gundam as a series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: BKndv4c.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
BKndv4c.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
But I do like the overall aesthetic of the mobile suits. I never liked the Gundams. My question is, is it in bad taste to collect and build them if I never got into it (I've played Gundam vs Zeta Gundam and enjoyed that).
>>
No. Buy whatever the fuck you want and stop worrying about what other people may think.
>>
File: b_B-141424.jpg (40 KB, 292x400) Image search: [Google]
b_B-141424.jpg
40 KB, 292x400
a contrarian eh?

actually not that bad, considering not just gundam.
transformers, bionicle, even capeshit has a lot collectors who doesn't even know anything related to their toys, especially if they're new at callecting toys, i mean a lot of kids doesn't even know G1 or only MCU than the comic.
>>
>>5310632

I just want to know if there are any Gundam series that are worth it? Cause I would like to give them a chance.
>>
>>5310634
Oh wow I have not seen that box in so long
I actually had that build for a while
>>
>My question is, is it in bad taste to collect and build them if I never got into it

Not really. They're scale model robots, you like robots and scale models, that's what you collect.
>>
>>5310634
holy fuck, i need that shit, what is it called?
>>
On a related note, what would be the best gundam toy for somebody who hasn't watched any of it?
>>
>>5310628
> My question is, is it in bad taste to collect and build them if I never got into it
Nope. Just build what you like. Actually not being into the series kinda gives you more artistic freedom when it comes to gunpla.

>I just want to know if there are any Gundam series that are worth it?

All of them. But if you want something new and doesn't need anything else watched to understand, iron blooded orphans is pretty awesome.
>>
>>5310628
It isn't necessary by any means but I don't get why one wouldn't want to give at least Mobile Suit Gundam a good chance.
>>
>>5310635
First Gundam Movie Trilogy
Gundam X
G Gundam
Gundam 00
Gundam Build Fighters

Those are some good starter series.
>>
>>5310730
Meant to say those offer a good variety of beginner-friendly shows.
>>
>>5310694
For me? Robot Damashii God Gundam. One of my favorite toys, it's articulated, it's dynamic, and it looks good from every angle.

Not your traditional Gundam, this one fights and doesnt have a gun, but it shoots fire from its hands
>>
>>5310730
>First Gundam Movie Trilogy
the full series leave a better first time impression, honestly. Sure the movies cut a lot of pointless stuff but they cut some important stuff too and the pace is too fast.

Also TC, definitely see Zeta Gundam if you end up liking the original series even a little.
>>
>>5310635
I mean, it really depends on what you're into, if you like over the top action you might like G-gundam, if you want more serious war story stuff you'd probably want 08th MS team or possibly the currently airing Iron blooded Orphans. Gundams been going long enough that there is a lot of variety.
>>
Its fine. Its pretty much like being a fake geek girl who wants all the aesthetics but doesn't actually care about the stuff at all.
>>
>>5310677
destiny kokuryu
>>
>>5311666
fuck, can't find any sites that would sell to malaysia
>>
>>5310730
I'd say Gundam 00 is pretty easy to get into, it starts off pretty grounded with a relatable setting.

G Gundam is fucking great if you enjoy that sort of ridiculous over the top mecha. Japan's space colony is a giant rock in the shape of Japan, and America is a giant Texas. If that sounds too stupid to sustain your attention maybe it isn't for you.
>>
>>5311681
couldnt you go hunting in kl ? times square and low yat??
>>
>>5314785
i tried asking around but they told me it's way too old of a release
might try to get time machine to look around for me, but those guys overcharge though
>>
>>5310635
>I just want to know if there are any Gundam series that are worth it?
All of them are good except Seed and Age.

>>5310730
>movies
No. The old series may have aged poorly but the movies don't do it justice.
>>
>>5310635
The original series and 0080 are a good starting point. 0080 is only 6 episodes and only requires very basic knowledge of UC to appreciate.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.