[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Toy/ I'm fucked. I was out of the game for a while and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 752x564
/Toy/ I'm fucked. I was out of the game for a while and thought I was over the toy itch. I just broke and bought this glorious bastard. How fucked am I? Stories of others getting back in after a long time out?
>>
>>5309578
I don't know if anyone here goes longer than three months without buying. I myself had just managed to really slow down on it but then I got drunk and nearly every time I get drunk I end up on Mandy. I've got $300 worth of Kamen Rider shit on the way. Luckily the first order I tried to make failed. It was $700.
>>
>>5309578
Honestly, so long as you avoid impulse buying or having a completionist mentality and just pace yourself for the things you really want and are interested in, toy collecting can actually be a pretty cheap hobby to have.

If there's something you know you want and about how much it costs, just budget it in and plan for its chunk of your earnings. Focus less on the hype for a figure and think more about how much you'd actually enjoy it on your shelf. There's really nothing worse than working with a small personal budget, splurging once and then having a constant reminder of that bad choice glaring at you from a shelf.
>>
Just about to buy my first figure in 3 months. Where is your restraint?
>>
I think you'll be fine. Most important thing is that you're happy with what you bought. I've gone months and months without buying anything but when I decide to buy something it'll be worth the wait.
>>
well I don't like much which works, I've just been putting my figures on top of a cabinet in my spare room, I still question myself. I do have some put away, I inherited an N scale train set from my grandfather and always wanted to do a Godzilla vs King Kong. Got those hiding in box. only issue is buying duplicates for all sorts of reasons. stands are annoying too.

TL;DR Fuck it, you have the spare cash and they don't look like dog shit do what you like
>>
>>5310325

Haha are you me?
>>
I've only bought one Super Crayboth, a Nendo or two in Jan/Feb, and Nendo Re-Class in summer or whenever. I can't remember if I ordered Re this year or last year, it was during Winter Wonfes maybe?
Have some stuff pre-ordered on HLJ for next year.

My standards are too high to buy a lot of shit, but at the same time I'm too niggardly to spend a lot on a toy.
>>
>>5311608
Also it helps that I don't watch anime or toku, and I honestly lack nostalgia for toys of things I grew up with.
>>
>>5310523
My restraint is called pacing. Fuck anyone who thinks they are a martyr by not doing what they like.
>>
Op here. Well I was in a TRU today and that helped. I saw most of the stuff out was dog shit. I'm getting out of tfs and gonna go kaiju only. I grew up on big monster movies and I love it. I made it a full year without buying till yesterday.
>>
>>5311610
Man, what do you even buy, then?
>>
Hadn't bought a figure in months and even cancelled my preorders because of lack of money. Now I'm earning again though I have three packages on route (luckily nothing more than 8,000Y). I am having to try really hard to fight the urge to just buy a bunch of shit, even before my first paycheck rolls in.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.