[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have experience with this? Thinking if getting it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 1280x720
Anyone have experience with this? Thinking if getting it.
>>
>Yoda with a lightsaber

Stick a fork in a light socket, child
>>
>>5308197
is this some kind of new meme?
>>
>>5308197
>patriarch of the jedi order
>not using one
>>
>>5308197
>thinking a jedi master wouldn't have a lightsaber somewhere in the original trilogy
you're just fucking retarded.
>>
File: the law.gif (166 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
the law.gif
166 KB, 500x281
>>5308441
>>5308468
>Wizards
>Using swords

GTFO prequltoddlers.
>>
>>5308476
why wouldn't a wizard use a sword? gandalf, merlin, and obi wan (the only one actually called a wizard in the series) use swords
>>
>>5308485
/tg/ here, and the answer is because it's suboptimal.
>>
>>5308441

I'm glad someone else actually cares enough that they acknowledge the fact that sith and jedi didn't all use lightsabers. Look at Palpatine in return of the jedi. He refers to it as a jedi weapon and thinks its hilarious. why the fuck would the sith use a jedi weapon anyways when they could just use mind bending magic? wasnt that the point?
>>
>>5308476
All jedi have sabers, he is a jedi. It's very easy to conclude he would have one without the prequels, you're just dumb.
>>
>>5308498
read >>5308497

Light sabers are superfluous when you have complete Dominion of the force (The power of the fucking universe)
>>
>>5308497
because force powers do not work so easily on other force wielders. you can't just rag doll them around like you can with normies if they are concentrating, so the lightsaber becomes necessary to edge out another force user.

take the palpatine and yoda fight. yoda was actually beating palpatine with the lightsabers, however once those were taken out of the equation palpatine was able to overwhelm him with the force (because the dark side is objectively stronger, this is a fact, lets move on)

since yoda couldn't overcome his force abilities his only chance would have been to out duel him.
>>
File: 1414450077995.gif (975 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
1414450077995.gif
975 KB, 250x227
>>5308554
>citing anything from the prequels as an argument

Nigga, get the fuck out.
>>
>>5308560

Fuck off back to your shitty little basement you unhappy OT purist shit.
>>
>>5308560
the originals are not better movies than the prequels in the stories they tell. You can complain all you want about cheap looking effects and bad acting, but the prequel stories are fine.
also in every case when I have shown the movies to people for the first time I always start with the old ones and then the new ones after, and across the board people enjoy the new ones more. they are more exciting and dense. they feel like bigger adventures.
>>
>>5308566
Getting salty to that degree is petulant. Get Georgie's cock out of your ass sometime, asscock.
>>
>>5308572
starwars belongs to him, not to you. go produce your own genre defining film if you dont like.
>>
File: 1372456973269.gif (2 MB, 340x223) Image search: [Google]
1372456973269.gif
2 MB, 340x223
>>5308571
> they are more exciting and dense. they feel like bigger adventures.
>and dense
>dense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvc9_GDoWI4
>>
File: 1425525042464.png (248 KB, 449x500) Image search: [Google]
1425525042464.png
248 KB, 449x500
>>5308574
>implying George Lucas made Star Wars and didn't piggy back off everyone involved and had any control over what went in the OT

When George had full control, he made the prequels and looks how fucking god awful that was.

I HATE SAND
IM A SENATOR
ONLY A SITH DEALS IN ABSOLUTES

>John Williams (Music)
>Paul Hirsch (Editor)
>Marcia Lucas (Editor
>Richard Chew (Editor)
>Ben Burtt (Sound Effects)
>Ralph McQuarrie (Designer)
are just a few people to thank for what Star Wars ended up being, Have you even read the original ideas/drafts George wanted to do originally? How fucking young are you exactly?
>>
>>5308588
if you were alive when starwars first came out you are too old to be on this site, grandpa
>>
>>5308591
>having issues with authority figures
You're too young for this site.

Watch this, and your eyes will be open.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL5919C8DE6F720A2D&v=FxKtZmQgxrI
>>
>>5308594
nope. I don't need other people to form my opinions for me. Thanks though
>>
>>5308597
>nope. I don't need anyone ever challenging my world views because I'm a fucking mongoloid. Thanks though
>>
>>5308599
>watching a neckbeard complain about a movie is going to change my opinion of it

I like the prequels, you don't. Take solace in your imaginary sophistication because I have won reality. Nothing you do will make the movies go away.
>>
>>5308507
lightsabers are useless period with the use of the force, and it's very clear that yoda doesn't have "complete" dominion of the force, he's just good at using it. Not perfect, but good.
>>
>>5308621
I more of meant Palpy had complete control and force lighting was just symbolic of that (until it became a lvl 10 sith spell). He just preffered torture since he was a sadist.
>>
File: gfgd.jpg (1 MB, 3094x1856) Image search: [Google]
gfgd.jpg
1 MB, 3094x1856
>>5308186

It sells for $179

I got it for $149 yet still ended up taking it back

The thing has no actual body or actual legs. It's just cloth over a black plastic body molded to give of the look of legs.

Main reason I took it back was because it took Six C batteries that were not included. Most stores only sell C batteries in 4packs at $7.99 each so you would have to buy two packs just to test him out. Thats $16 Plus tax just to get the already pricy thing to work

Also the soft rubber face mask looks like it has a very short life before the rubber starts to deteriorate like most of Yodas with rubber mask faces do over time

Within a few years your $180 Rubber faced Yoda will start looking like crap even if you leave it in the box and are kind to it.

Plus once his mechanics on the inside go it will truly be worthless
>Images very related.
>>
>>5308639
When 900 years old you reach, look as good, you will not.
>>
>>5308642
When 900 years old you reach, look as good, you will not.
>>
For a second there I forgot I was in toy
>>
>>5308612
>>5308612
Best troll ever.

10/10 good job good sir!
>>
so many autistic faggots/shitposters flipping shit because yoda has a lightsaber.
I honestly hope these people are genuinely retarded and not just acting like it for that 'lel chris-chan' humor.
>>
File: tumblr_lngapbWXj21qk4vmio1_500.jpg (42 KB, 465x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lngapbWXj21qk4vmio1_500.jpg
42 KB, 465x600
>>5308498

In which case the term Jedi Knights would be redundant. But it's far more likely that, as with any religious order that goes to war, the monks and nuns would vastly outnumber the knights.

Also, if Yoda ever did wield a saber, it's nigh improbable he would have dressed like a desert-dwelling hobo while doing so.

You are, simply, very wrong.
>>
>>5309175
sorry that reality doesn't align with your opinion about an imaginary religion

but its obvious even from the outside the jedi are shinto as fuck. of course they all have swords.
>>
>>5309175
It's funny that you're taking this so seriously, considering the prequels proved you wrong over a decade ago.
>>
>>5309425

Most people who practice Shinto don't have swords. It was ever thus. And even fewer have put them to use. So... what the hell is your point?
>>
>>5309430

See : >>5308560
>>
File: stormtrooper duck.png (496 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
stormtrooper duck.png
496 KB, 599x600
>>5308588
>Ralph McQuarrie (Designer)
But the PT had god-tier designs too.
Naboo Royal Cruiser, Clone Trooper armor (all of them), Naboo fighers, trade federation carrier, trade federation freighters, all the droid designs, pretty much all the aliens, the Republic Gunship, the Arc starfighter, the Jedi Cruiser, and i can go on and on.

George Lucas has great ideas and your list just proves he needs an editing.
Without George Lucas running things, this is what we get instead.
>>
Great thread.
Anyway it is pretty cool OP, but not worth the price. I would pay like 120 tops. I bought it for 150, but took it back as it gor kinda boring
>>
File: Failed.jpg (30 KB, 368x292) Image search: [Google]
Failed.jpg
30 KB, 368x292
>>5308914
Thats because 99% of the thread has nothing to do with what the op asked. This thread should be on /tv/ not /toy/

>>5309716
This should have been thread/
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.