[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toy help/repair general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: ts2geri.jpg (50 KB, 460x258) Image search: [Google]
ts2geri.jpg
50 KB, 460x258
Can we get a toy repair general going?

Recently a dude I know gave me a box of busted toys he's amassed over the years and I'm slowly fixing up some of them. In the box there were two busted threea figures I think look pretty neat but one has had a wrist peg snapped off in the socket and then crudely dug out leaving the socket way to big for a new wrist peg to fit into. Does anybody have any advice on how to tighten up the socket so a new wrist peg will stay in it without falling out?
>>
I believe koto and wave sell ball and socket joint parts where you drill a hole and glue them in place if you want to just outright replace the joint.
>>
>>5307926
Show pics.
>>
File: FloorCare_MultiSurface_L.jpg (50 KB, 292x644) Image search: [Google]
FloorCare_MultiSurface_L.jpg
50 KB, 292x644
>>5307926
This is your friend, you can either put it into the socket itself, or coat the peg. Let it dry for 24 hours and it will add a clear layer to the figure, Can scrape it off with a knife, or add more if it's not stiff enough. I use it for loose joints mainly but when I originally bought the white MoMo girl her peg was too thin to stick properly so I just put two coats in the socket painting it on with a cotton swab.
>>
My Figma Satsuki's Bakuzan snapped. I've emailed GSC asking for a replacement, but in the event they don't send me one, where can I get a new sword without having to buy a whole new figure?
>>
>>5307967

Actually tried future first but the gap between peg and slot is big enough you can rattle it around in there. I wonder if I could build up the socket with layers of super glue? At the very least the dry time would be quicker.
>>
>>5307972

I don't know if this will help since it's for 1/6 but here it is anyway.

http://radtoyreview.com/2012/09/27/the-workshop-custom-16-sword-by-paul-benson/
>>
Which 3a figure is it? If repairing it doesn't work I might want to buy the hand off of you.
>>
>>5307926
Depends on how you damaged the socket. If you spread its lock then you'll have to recreate that portion only, but that's pretty damn difficult and often requires a dremel to force any liquids away from its edge while it dries.

to be honest when it comes to certain things you really just need someone who does this stuff often to fix it, unless you want to be adventerous. Tightening is usually fine but when you damage a socket to the point of there no longer being a lock you can be completely fucked, especially if the material is something that doesn't bond well (POM, PA, PE, etc)

However, as I don't know the situation beyond "socket damaged/loose", or even how the joint looks I can't help. Pictures would help.
>>
File: Copy of DSCN3855a.jpg (110 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
Copy of DSCN3855a.jpg
110 KB, 450x600
My repairs on my 18 Inch Mezco Hellboy didn't last as long as I hoped and I just brought him back to my parent's house and stowed him away.
>>
Similar problem. How can I go about removing the snapped wrist from the socket in a way that will avoid my situation becoming like OP's? Specific product names would be helpful. Thank you.
>>
File: IMAG0234.jpg (431 KB, 3648x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0234.jpg
431 KB, 3648x2048
I snapped the peg on the left fist stand does anyone know how I can remove the broken part inside?
>>
>>5308706
>>5308990

It depends on how big the peg is. My favorite method is to heat a needle with a lighter until it's ultra hot then stick it into the stuck peg as far as you can. Then after its cooled completely use a pair of pliers to pull the needle out. With luck the plastic will have shrunk around the hot needle enough that it comes out stuck to it.
>>
>>5308589
This would be an easy fix with a large screw.
>>
>>5308589

Holy shit I also had to make that same repair and it is also stowed in my parent's house. The black piece just crumbled.
>>
Are we allowed to ask about toys of small, colorful horses, or am I on my own?
>>
>>5309211
Try the board for it, or ask vaguely
>>
File: IMG_0349 CENSORED.jpg (388 KB, 920x1420) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0349 CENSORED.jpg
388 KB, 920x1420
>>5309219
That board's only useful for discussing fetish shit.

Whatever--it came like this, and it was a gift, so I can't return it. Any recommendations for removing the remaining wing cleanly, then plugging the hole on the opposite side? They're hard vinyl. I was thinking I'd just use some air-dry clay, sand it down, and then do my best to match the colors with paint. Anyone know what kind of clay would be best, or what kind of paint, or have any ideas for a better way to do it?
>>
>>5309230
you could try cutting yourself
>>
>>5309230

You don't have the wing to reattach? To fill the holes I'd use aves apoxie sculpt to blend and fill the holes. It doesn't have to be baked to cure and it takes paint well.

https://www.avesstudio.com/apoxie/apoxie-sculpt

Alot of people used sculpy clay for stuff like this but aves is so much tougher and adheres better imo.
>>
>>5309230
I don't know, but can you not better ask people on Equestriadaily or DeviantArt?
AFAIK there are the modders.
>>
>>5309230
ahaha, someone didn't like the finale of [Redacted]
>>
>>5309230

Are you wanting one that's complete? That's the Funko large figurine is it not? I think you can get a replacement...I think...
>>
>>5309428
he wants the wings removed because the character got them later in the show.
"muh early season is better than new stuff" fan
>>
>>5309432

Oh, well, that's fair.
>>
>>5309297
I'll definitely try that, thanks so much. It came wingless.

>>5309404
I don't really know anything about those, but if I have a problem in the future I'll try that, thanks.

>>5309428
It was a gift, so I'd like to keep it, but make it not look so bad. They're like, twelve bucks. I could replace it easily if I wanted to.

>>5309432
no numbnuts it came broken, taking off a wing just sounds easier than making a new one.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.