[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Manchild here. About just under two months ago I endeavoured
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: The-face-of-autism.jpg (273 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
The-face-of-autism.jpg
273 KB, 800x600
Manchild here. About just under two months ago I endeavoured to inventory my massive lego collection from when I was 14-17 and open a bricklink store. Since it was a pretty serious collection containing rare and unique parts that have doubtless appreciated in value, I figured selling it in bulk would be foolish. Anyway in the interval I find my hands have moved from a certain semetic gesticulation to the assembly of small MOCs I hide in various corners of my room. That's right, much to my chagrin and owing to copious levels of autism, I find myself right back in the thick of it. Now I am not even sure I can part with my collection anymore, and worse yet I find myself falling into a pattern of nostalgic regression. Has this happened to anyone else here?
>>
>>5307876
Get rid of it, it's for the better
>>
you're in for a surprise when you try to sell those older special bricks: they have little collector value on their own. the best way to get the most value, is to download the old imstructioms and reconstitute the original kit as best you can. Even thwn, the risk of getting sucked back into builder status is quite high.
>>
>>5307957
That really seems to depend. In the case of some common components then yes, it is probably more equitable to put them into "used" sets. However my strategy was to separate the wheat from the chaffe and then sell the chaffe in bulk. Generally those autists will not care about a set unless it is MISB.
>>
actually, this was me not long ago. when I unearthed my collection, I found various partially finished models which I pieced back together out of curiosity. That was such a great feeling that I just put it all back in the basement because I knew I wasn't selling it but I was also probably too old to be playing with it. It truly is the meth amphetemine of toys though.
>>
>>5308067
I noticed on bricklink that people are actually selling moc's and I was quite good at making them. How viable is this? It may prove as the best method of purging my collection.
>>
>>5308691
You should come over to the Lego General to discuss this further.
>>
>>5307876
If you can admit your manchild/autism trends then you have to get rid of all of it immediately.

Just donate the whole lot to goodwill. I didn't, and now i'm deep into Architecture and Modular.
>>
>>5307876
Is that Todd Howard?
>>
>>5309682
Aah, the slippery slope, such a wonderful, terrible terrible thing.
>>
>>5308691
Mocs always have far less value. Nobody searches for mocs in particular. Maybe you find a sucker paying the price you imagine once in a blue moon but looking at Ebay auctions nobody is bidding on them, same profit as if you sell in bulk.
>>
>>5316277
This is kind of surprising to me, actually. I would have figured that a stellar moc would fetch decent prices, as it's sort of a display piece.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.