[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Your opinions on 3rd party transformers
>>
>>5306958
Most are shit. Some are good.
>>
>>5306958
Anything my mmc, maketoys, fans toys is going great to be good.

Fansproject, warbotron, planet x all have very good quality for the most part.

KFC and x transbots are the only companies with aby issues that I can think of.
>>
>>5306992
Fucking phone man.
>>
Some of them are good, some of them are not so good, but I'm glad they exist. I like them best when they fill a niche that HasTak hasn't gotten around to, isn't likely to, or won't do well (see: Beast Hunters Abominus). Like, a third-party Masterpiece Optimus? Why? Third-party Shockwave? Well, I think most saw the legit MP coming, but I suppose so. The upcoming third-party Seacons? NOW we're talking.
>>
>>5306958
Straight up opinions ya knoe, if you like the asthetic it'll be worth a purchase, I've taken a liking to x-transbots and their offerings as of late, why sometimes it might be your only choice in the matter.

>>5306996
That depends, some prefer quakewave over takara's shockwave, I myself nearly went crazy for the knock off megasized mp-10 optimus prime because it's fuck huge.

Some are preference, others are the only option, its just a shame only ONE company has the legal rights, I reckon they'd be cheaper, easier to aquire etc if it weren't for the strangulation that is hasbro, look at the recent rid line and CW, pretty bare bones.

Its only the MP line that really works for adults/quality seekers, and the prices are almost just justifiying the fact that they're MP's alone, I mean look at the car bots like the datsun trio, got a feeling they'll bump up the price of those sooner or later (well, future mp's of simerlar size)
>>
They often look better than they actually are. Terrible control quality, expensive as hell. I'd consider them a complete gambit.
>>
>>5306992
>Anything my mmc, maketoys, fans toys is going great to be good.
Cumguzzling fanboy detected.
No, they all made bad toys.
>>
>>5307287
Fuck off, Peaugh
>>
Pretty much anything 3rd party is going to be better than habro. I mean unless you like toys 4 paint apps, hallow parts, and 4 points of articulation.
>>
>>5307275
Hasbro apologist detected.
>>
>>5307211
>They often look better than they actually are

That is true for Hasbro and Takara too not just 3ps.
>>
>>5307434
Idiot that couldn't be more wrong detected.
>>
File: butthead-this-sucks-o.gif (469 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
butthead-this-sucks-o.gif
469 KB, 320x240
>>5306958

they all fucking suck.
>>
I feel like I'm starting to drop out of buying most third party transformers. Expensive fiddly/overcomplicated transformations into robots that take liberties from what the character actually looks like isn't my thing anymore. I enjoy UW Superion and Menasor far more over the TFC and FP versions respectively.
>>
Some of them are stupid expensive and retards actually buy them. Who the fuck would pay over $100 for a voyager class figure.

I understand paying big bucks for the MP scale 3p as I have some myself. Classics scale? Ya nah.
>>
File: grims.jpg (68 KB, 960x732) Image search: [Google]
grims.jpg
68 KB, 960x732
>>5307558

I have to agree. I've dropped FP and Maketoys almost completely because of their design tolerances are fucking retarded and not fun, with exception of Function X. Even that line isn't as solid as it was.

>>5307592
I've moved to legends but the price/plastic ratio for the scale is probably more fucked. I make some exceptions for the shit that does look good like pic related possibly being the best Grimlock next to the model kit.
>>
>>5307592
>Who the fuck would pay over $100 for a voyager class figure.

the same retards who bought the Megatron Sega Genesis and PS1 Optimus Prime, probably. Those were $120 voyagers, and they were official.
>>
File: 1443820824800.jpg (1 KB, 69x43) Image search: [Google]
1443820824800.jpg
1 KB, 69x43
>>5306958
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.