[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
From some pictures, it looks like bootleg figmas have increased
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
From some pictures, it looks like bootleg figmas have increased in quality by a lot. Has anyone here bought one lately and can report on how they are now?
>>
>>5306497
I got a bootleg Mutsu a couple of months ago. It was terrible.
>>
>>5307228
do elaborate, I do know the 1st gen bootlegs were downright unuseable because the joints were either totally stiff if not crack and breaking.
>>
Can you post more pictures? Also I have a question, I'm not really into bootlegs but I know I can't stop people from buying them.

I have a niece about 10 and she likes sword arts but pretty much gets her toys broken by her little brother quite often.

I know she'll take care of it but she's still a kid.

Should I not be a huge jew and get her the figma or get an eBay bootleg.

Also heard about possible toxic paint?

How do you guys feel about children having high quality toys?
>>
>>5308297
Just get her plushes.
>>
>>5308297
Just get the kid a real figma. That's going to be a precious memmory for her. Do you want it to be of a shitty chinese figure?
Also get her one of the girls and not the pretty boy hero, you don't want to be the uncle that gave her the toy she got stuck up her vagina.
>>
>>5308297
do not give anyone you care for a bootleg. Get the real thing. If you can't afford it, then get something else. Also if she is too small to take care of toys not in her age group then you should give her something else. If her little brother is breaking her toys, then you should have a nice talk with her little brother.

why would you give a 10 year old girl a small figma anyways, give her a Nendoroid instead. and no, don't get her a bootleg nendoroid.
>>
>>5308316
>>5308317
>>5308393
Yeah you guys are right. I can afford it so it shouldn't be a problem. The nendoroid didn't even cross my mind ,but that seems like a great idea and I know asuna has one. She's a good kid I know she'll take care of it.
>>
>>5306497
>increased quality
>that terrible paint work

what?
>>
File: cupoche_asuna2_2048x2048.jpg (427 KB, 1180x1346) Image search: [Google]
cupoche_asuna2_2048x2048.jpg
427 KB, 1180x1346
>>5308411
there's also the cu-poche asuna too.
>>
File: cute_standing2.jpg (97 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
cute_standing2.jpg
97 KB, 600x800
>>5306497
years ago I bought a bootleg figma Cute.
The shoulder joint broke almost immediately, but apart from the shitty joints(real figma joints are manufactured in Japan I think) and a few very small paint smudges, she looked real good.
>>
File: bootleg_jojo_cap2.jpg (36 KB, 408x601) Image search: [Google]
bootleg_jojo_cap2.jpg
36 KB, 408x601
>>5308729
Al the other bootlegs I saw since then were utter shit, except recently when I came across this Captain America on Aliexpress.
Paintwork is pretty decent, and the joints they use feel sturdy enough.
The blue pastic they used for his suit looks way darker than the real deal, but that's a minor nit; the probem is how they assembled him: the proportions of the joints they made are off, and so are his, head and torso sitting too high, hips are too low...
I'd only recommend him if you have the skills to fix him, as he could be an easy custom
>>
>>5308738
>sassy cap
>>
>>5308738
Fuck it, that pose is glorious
>>
Bootleg Figmas are okay for custom-fodder provided you have Hobby Base joints on hand to replace the bootleg joints with.

I bough a Saber Lily Bride bootleg earlier this year and right out of the box half of all the joints broke while trying to bend them for their first time. The plastic the Chinese use for them is fragile as fuck. The figure's paint job was meh, but again I got it for fodder so it didn't bother me there. At least her face was decent-enough, and not a Sader face. What was kinda funny but sad was Saber's exposed ass portion was a plate that was sloppily glued on. Then again, slave-labor children being paid, well, nothing won't give you the best-looking figure to begin with.
>>
>>5309072
>Saber Lily Bride

It's either Saber Lily or Saber Bride, there's no "Saber Lily Bride" figma.
>>
>>5309081
I see, then that shows how much I know about the franchise (read: nothing). That was what the listing for it said on Ebay when I bought it. It's the bride version then.
>>
File: monmusu brides.jpg (66 KB, 1030x542) Image search: [Google]
monmusu brides.jpg
66 KB, 1030x542
>>5309087
The veil could be useful for pic related.
>>
>>5308084
Joints were stiff and didn't actually fit into each other. Paint applied unevenly throughout. Her cannons were glued on upside down and backwards so they couldn't point straight forward.
>>
File: IMG_4319.jpg~original.jpg (22 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4319.jpg~original.jpg
22 KB, 600x600
is there anywhere to get bootlegs other than aliexpress i want a saber casual for a custom
>>
>>5308738
>filename
Love it.
>>
What are the chances that amiami can carry a bootleg? I bought a homura figma from amiami and her joints are pretty stiff with her torso constantly falling off.
>>
>>5311311
Post a pic?
I want to say the chance is next to zero but that sounds like something is wrong with it. Have you tried heating it to make the joints move? Torso could have broken joints as well. I think the paint apps would be the best indicator if it's a bootleg.

...normal Figma Homura actually doesn't have a bootleg, now that I'm checking. Post a pic anyway though?
>>
>>5310907
You and me both
>>
File: ss (2015-12-02 at 02.41.19).jpg (91 KB, 675x867) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-02 at 02.41.19).jpg
91 KB, 675x867
>>5311339
The paint looks perfectly fine actually...
It's just the joints.
>>
>>5314858
Yeah, that's clearly legit.
She's pretty old, maybe the joints are just worn out or have had some incorrect motion break them.
>>
>>5308738
FABULOUS!
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.