[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone own this? And if so could someone post a size comparison?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: 51350VEIitL._SX355_.jpg (20 KB, 355x318) Image search: [Google]
51350VEIitL._SX355_.jpg
20 KB, 355x318
Anyone own this? And if so could someone post a size comparison?
>>
>>5305434
not sure if you're joking, but it says 21 cm in the picture you posted, i'm sure you can figure it out from there.
>>
>>5305434
With cloud coming to smash bros, will we get to see a cloud amiibo?
Could that lead to figuarts, etc?
I just don't wanna pay out the butt to get square merch
>>
>>5305483
Amiibo probably, Figuarts very doubtful. PAK for you.
>>
>>5305483
No..square manufactures the toys for final fantasy themselves. Thats why we dont see figmas or figuarts of ff stuff.
>>
I used to own him. He's a pretty good figure, although the wrists are total garbage. At least the knees aren't that bean shit that PAKs have. If you expect him to scale with anything, you'll be massively disappointed. Play Arts always had shitty scale. Always. Fuck SE for that.
>>
>Smashbabies now wanting 90's generic anime characters figures
>>
>>5305508

Aren't his wrists supposed to be removeable?
>>
I don't understand why they would not release a line of 1/12 scale action figures for like, the simpler design characters. I get it they don't (or can't?) want to compete with all the other companies, but most of their properties don't have 1/12 figures anyways. For all DQ characters and FF characters up to like 9 are simple enough that it wont get messy in the smaller size. Just make a figma/Revo style figure for them and make all the money already.
>>
>>5305493
Square needs a better line than PAK. Something a little smaller preferably. And of course with better articulation.

I'd be on board to get figma/figuarts equivalents of Cloud, Lightning and other FF characters.
>>
>>5305508
I hate that they don't scale.
1/12th is the go to standard for so many figures.
Why Play-Arts?! Why?!?!
>>
>>5305636
>>5305508

Because PAKS (usually) look like the characters, so who gives a fuck all about else.
>>
>>5305839
>>5305839
At least make PAKs scale with themselves. All the FF figures from different games don't scale with each other. The Big Boss figures don't scale with Solid Snake. Hell Superman doesn't even fucking scale with Zodd and they're from the same fucking line.
>>
>>5305863
Jesus. I hadn't realized it was that bad.
Fuck PAKs!
>>
>>5305590
>>5305596
Ya know, if SE came out with a 1/12thish well articulated line of figures for all the properties they make figures of, I'm sure the hatred for PAK stuff would diminish slightly. It wouldn't completely disappear since many PAK figures are pretty craptastic, but they wouldn't be loathed as much since they wouldn't be the only way to get some incredibly popular figures.

I mean I personally loathe the line since it's pretty much the only way to get articulated Cowboy Bebop figures. But....they suck...and I don't want them. Come out with a 1/12th line and include more accurate "clean" versions of popular SE characters and licenses, and yea I'd just right in.

Also, I do have that Cloud, but he's currently in the back of my shelf on the Hardy Daytona so it's unlikely I'll take pics of him any time soon. But he's a good 7" tall, so he's much bigger then most Figuarts, Figma, Marvel Legends etc etc etc. The only figures that really seem to scale with him are 7" Neca figures.
>>
I don't feel like rearranging all my toys so hopefully you can get some sense of scale compared to the 6" Marvel Legends above.
>>5305434
>>
>>5306825
>That out of place Paine in FF7 section.

I am triggered by this.
>>
Banana for scale... *grabs popcorn*
>>
>>5306825
>sense of scale compared to the 6" Marvel Legends above

Isn't the PS1 controller a better scale?
>>
>>5305596

Isn't that what the Play Arts line originally was? like, 5 inch figures instead of the ugly PAKs
>>
>>5306929
Paine is clearly checking out Aerith's ass.

Also, that's a nifty set-up.

>>5307406
The original Playarts were 7" tall figures, not exactly 7" scaled as they didn't seem to bother with scale. They were already too large to fit with most collector scaled (6" scale) figures back then. Them going to a full 9" tall scale was just a bizarre move seeing as most fans wanted them to be made *smaller*.

I mean, again, they could still do it. Start a 6" scaled line of FF figures and fans would eat them up. Despite already having Cloud and the girls from FFVII I would totally buy them again in a smaller scale.
>>
>>5306825
wow thats so cool, incredible display for your marvel things I love that, really creative.
>>
File: SIC_playarts_scale.jpg (227 KB, 1039x1011) Image search: [Google]
SIC_playarts_scale.jpg
227 KB, 1039x1011
>>5305434
here he is with a SIC
>>
File: sic_scale.jpg (96 KB, 800x511) Image search: [Google]
sic_scale.jpg
96 KB, 800x511
>>5307773
and here's the same sic next to some neca
>>
>>5305483
>Could that lead to figuarts, etc?
What other Smash Bros characters got figuarts.
Hard mode: not pokemon or mario as they are already popular enough.
>>
>>5307840
Are you trying to say that figma is likely? Because I don't know about him, but I'd be just as on board for figma as SHFs.
I just want good FF figures.
>>
>>5308072
I was saying that figuarts was unlikely.
At no point did I say anything about figma.
>>
>>5308072
And speaking of figma
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/products/tag/ssb
None of these were made because of Smash Bros.
>>
>>5305483
He'll definitely get an Amiibo but don't expect a Figma or Figuarts. Square do their own thing when it comes to merchandising, for better or worse.
>>
>>5308072
No, he was saying that Smash has fuck-all to do with figure licensing. Pit, Lucina, they were all announced before Smash 4 was even a thing, and all the Nintendo merchandise is explicitly based on games other than Smash. Cloud will get an amiibo, but so long as Square is in the business of making their own figures, you're never gonna see Fignas/Figuarts/Nendoroids/etc. of Square-Enix characters.
>>
>>5307840
Figuarts:
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Bowser
Charizard
Mewtwo
Lucario

Figma
Samus
Link
ZSS (forever unrevealed prototype)
Pit
Dark Pit
Lucina
>>
>>5309847
>Figuarts:
>Chibi Bowser
>Giant Lucario
There ya go, fixed that for ya.
>>
>>5305434
when did this come out?
>>
>>5309847
And how many of those are based on Smash rather than, y'know, the games that made the characters popular in the first place? Before you say something like Lucina and Dark Pit being obscure before Smash, their Figmas were in production long before they were revealed to be in Smash 4.
>>
>>5309888
Around 2005
>>
>>5305434
>tfw I bought the edgier KH Play Arts Cloud and Sephiroth years ago
>>
>>5311046
"Smash" collectors are some of the most obnoxious ones i've seen on /toy/.
>>
>>5311251

How?
>>
>>5311255
see >>5309847 >>5305483

I hate to admit I'm a smash collector.
>>
>>5305863
It's even worse than that, the Big Boss figures aren't even in scale with each other. For example the Ground Zeroes Boss and the MGS5 Boss are wildly different size and proportions.
>>
>>5311286
I'm a Nintendo collector and I hate when people talk about Smash collections.
>>
>>5315362
That's because you're not a complete shitter and you can identify cancer.
>>
>>5315341
That's not the same line then, now is it?
>>
>>5315341
Just wondering but how far did you get in MGSV
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.