[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good frankenstein toys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 24
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 650x650
What are some good frankenstein toys?
>>
None exist. But I'm sure you can find some good Frankenstein's monster toys out there.
>>
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 1000x1031) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 1000x1031
>>5304111
You know what i meant when i said frankenstein, fucktard. Also
>no proper frankenstein toys
Think again wiseass!
>>
>>5304107
Your mom's dildo.
>>
>>5304133
Then say what you meant. Post a picture of frankenstein next time. Not his monster.

>counting that as a proper Dr Frankenstein
Yeah okay.
>>
I think Diamond Select did a Universal Monsters line with a F Monster
>>
>>5304137
He wants a figure of Frankenstein's monster. You're a real dummy.
>>
Mezco's releasing one, looks ok.
>>
>>5304709
Seems to me the ones who can't name the character they want are the real dummies. :^)
>>
>Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson"
>he still says it in parodies and such
>>
>>5304133
>You know what i meant when i said frankenstein, fucktard.
You meant the monster.
But you used the wrong name to describe him.
You made the error and were called on it.
You're the fucktard for knowing to use the proper name.
You're welcome, faggot.
>>
>>5305088
Irrelevant.
Fact:
The character is Frankenstein's Monster (or simply the Monster). Not Frankenstein. Because some people call him that, doesn't change that fact.
Your argument has no bearing on the facts at hand.
>>
>>5305116
Considering Frankenstein's monster is Frankenstein's son, he is also called Frankenstein.
>>
File: horrible.png (724 B, 246x184) Image search: [Google]
horrible.png
724 B, 246x184
I love /toy/.
>>
File: 1440152568402.jpg (68 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1440152568402.jpg
68 KB, 680x680
>>5305116
>You're the fucktard for knowing to use the proper name.
Delicious.
>>
>>5305256
You know you're wrong and can't defend yourself except to cry "Autism!!!"
You should try to learn things instead of fighting to remain an ignorant fuckwit.
>>5305183
The monster is his creation. He may be "son" in a symbolic way, but he was never named Frankenstein.
You're still wrong.
>>
File: frankenstein.jpg (8 KB, 150x200) Image search: [Google]
frankenstein.jpg
8 KB, 150x200
>>5305274
Of course his son is called Frankenstein. Pic related.
>>
File: Brideoffrankposter.jpg (30 KB, 232x466) Image search: [Google]
Brideoffrankposter.jpg
30 KB, 232x466
I'm pretty sure The Bride of Frankenstein implies "the bride of the monster", not "the bride Frankenstein made for himself". If Frankenstein in the title was implied to be the scientist then the new monster wouldn't be referred as his "bride". The title is clearly referring to the monster. It's official.
>>
>>5304111
I'm sure you feel very clever but OP isn't necessarily incorrect. Frankenstein is the name of the book so any and all characters from it count as Frankenstein toys.
>>
this has to be the most autistic thread i've ever seen.
>>
File: r_hulk051.jpg (62 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
r_hulk051.jpg
62 KB, 500x463
>>
>>5305274
>he actually thinks I'm OP
>he actually thinks the only person that could find his posts autistic is OP making a desperation move
>he's actually feeling satisfaction in this moment over thinking he's won an internet argument
>>
>>5305302
>Complaining about autism in a autistic board.
lol
>>
File: look sir memes.jpg (187 KB, 862x846) Image search: [Google]
look sir memes.jpg
187 KB, 862x846
his name is HERMAN.
>>
>>5304141
It's awful, compared to the others in the line I've seen.
>>
>>5305256
You're lucky this isn't /tg/.
>>
>>5304107
There's a 12" figure of the Frankenstien monster from the Van Hellsing movie, that's pretty much the only real option.

Either it's going to be very cartoonish version or a very underwhelming interpretation of the original movie one.
>>
File: Bride-of-Frankenstein.jpg (9 KB, 300x219) Image search: [Google]
Bride-of-Frankenstein.jpg
9 KB, 300x219
>>5305284
Technically, Dr. Frankenstein is also married in that movie, as he is in the book -- but Dr. Pretorius does refer to the monster's bride as "the Bride of Frankenstein."

[nospoilerson/toy/]If we can truly autistic, we could say that she is the "bride of Frankenstein" in that she is A bride and Frankenstein created her.[/stillnospoilerson/toy/]

Elsa Lanchester never looked hotter than as the Bride.
>>
Diamond Select did two, but the best one is based on Son of Frankenstein instead of how he looked in the first movie.

Whether you can live with that or not is your decision because there ain't a good figure of his classic design.
Shit, we need some good Universal monsters in general. Where's my Dracula?
>>
>>5305299
Plus Frankenstein's monster, or creature refers to Doctor Victor Frankenstein as "father" so Frankenstein's monster is also named Frankenstein.
>>
>>5305622
But he isn't the father. He is his monster. Not his son.
>>
>>5304111
Knowledge is knowing Frankenstein isn't the monster.

Wisdom is knowing Frankenstein is the monster.
>>
>>5305438
>Elsa Lanchester never looked hotter than as the Bride.
She was sexier as Mary Shelly in the prologue. Cute, but you know she could suck the chrome off a bumper.
>>
Wasn't the Monster called Adam in the book?
>>
>>5306127
He refers to himself as Frankenstein's Adam or something like that but it's more of a title
>>
File: mcfrankenstein.jpg (205 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
mcfrankenstein.jpg
205 KB, 600x900
Hope you like your Frankenstein monster with edge OP
>>
>>5306358
Those hooks that extend from Frank's head...why?
>>
>>5306475
For maximum power
>>
Frankenstein does indeed refer to the creator of the Monster.
Over time, the name began to become applied to the creature, for simplicity's sake (or laziness depending on your viewpoint). Now, when most people say Frankenstein, they are referring to the monster himself. Is it technically incorrect? Yes. It is. There's no argument there. Frankenstein is the Doctor. But the meaning has changed, much like language always does, and it now acceptable to use the name for the monster, while it is indeed incorrect.

Much like Kleenex, Aspirin, Coke, Xerox, and other names of specific brand items have become an all encompassing term. We don't say, "I have a headache, I need a couple of acetylsalicylic acid tablets.", we say "I need aspirin.", even though there's not a bottle on the shelf is not specifically Bayer Aspirin .
Is it wrong to use the name of one specific brand to mean ALL versions of acetylsalicylic acid tablets? Technically, yes. But it's grown to be the accepted practice over the years.

Words change and meanings expand. General acceptance of Frankenstein referring to the monster (even though technically wrong) is the way it is now. That's all.
>>
>>5306527
What gets me is, I'd bet a month's pay that those of you who are saying it's OK to call the monster by the wrong title, and screaming "AUTISM!!!" at the people who are correcting you, are the same faggots who will shit their pants and start crying when somebody uses "figma" to mean Japanese action figure. You'll moan and bitch and call people stupid '"cuz Figma is a company not a general term!!!! You has to use the word right!!!!!" Suddenly following the rules about names and words is all important in your eyes. Hypocritical twats.
>>
File: gr8 b8 m8 moshi moshi.png (9 KB, 235x236) Image search: [Google]
gr8 b8 m8 moshi moshi.png
9 KB, 235x236
>>5306556
>>
>>5306556
Now that's what I call shitter shattered.
>>
>>5305628
>>5305628
Welcome to reading books. This has been a commonly debated literary topic for a long time. Seems like some people in this thread have just read this for the first time. Probably last month in Comp I as a "treat" for Halloween at the local community college.
>>
File: horrordraculaspanish.jpg (19 KB, 375x281) Image search: [Google]
horrordraculaspanish.jpg
19 KB, 375x281
>>5305470
>Where's my Dracula?
Now that's a good fucking question. I was pretty disappointed in Diamond Select for just opting for a generic head sculpt when they couldn't use Lugosi's likeness, despite the fact that pic related also existed. What a huge waste of potential that was.

Also, for the rest of the thread:
>Wolf von Frankenstein: You understand that, don't you, dear? He was right. It was the unforeseen blunder of a stupid assistant... that gave his creation the brain of a killer instead of a normal one. And how my father was made to suffer for that mistake. His name has become synonymous with horror and monsters. Why, nine out of ten people... call that misshapen creature of my father's experiments...
>Guard: Frankenstein.
- from "Son of Frankenstein". See; after Universal's posters and ads had misled the public into mistaking "Frankenstein" for the monster, that error was adopted into the movies' canon to justify it's continuation, I guess for the sake of convenience. Hell, by "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein", they just flat-out forgot to incorporated a relative to Dr. Frankenstein to justify the film's misleading title on a technicality. Lou even refers to him as "Frankie" in one scene, further nailing that misconception into canon. It might still be dead wrong, but considering how loosely those films were an adaptation to the book in the first place, "Frankenstein" may as well be the name of that one particular iteration of The Monster.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 300x365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 300x365
It counts.
>>
>>5307096
Explain how.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 300x300
>>5307101
In Kamen Rider Kiva, the character Riki is part of a race of Frankenstien monsters and when he loans Kiva his power it manifests with him turning into a big ol' doomhammer for Kiva to wield in his Dogga Form.

Pic related.
>>
File: Orlok_Schreck_Nosferatu.jpg (42 KB, 570x380) Image search: [Google]
Orlok_Schreck_Nosferatu.jpg
42 KB, 570x380
Why isn't there a good toy of Orlok?
>>
>>5307203
No one likes Orlock
>>
File: url.png (2 MB, 990x1320) Image search: [Google]
url.png
2 MB, 990x1320
>>5307203
Silent Screamers Graf Orlok

It's in an exaggerated style though.
>>
>>5307087
Honestly, I would've been able to live with the generic headsculpt if he were able to move well. It wasn't until later on I feel that the Universal Monsters line began to get good.

We need a new one like how we're getting a new Wolfman and Mummy and how we got a new Creature.
>>
>>5307311
I've heard pretty bad things on The Bride figure, too. Virtually every review I've dug up complains that her head comes off as if it wasn't attached, and the online mark-up on it is unbelievable.
>>
>>5307239
no one likes YOU
>>
File: Frankenstein01.jpg (169 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
Frankenstein01.jpg
169 KB, 576x768
This is an alright choice if you want one with a fair bit of articulation. It's the Marvel legends frankenstein.
>>
>>5307301
I remember that one, but I want a screen-accurate/realistic Nosferatu figure.
>>
File: orlok.jpg (56 KB, 529x799) Image search: [Google]
orlok.jpg
56 KB, 529x799
>>5308145
If you don't mind 12" figures over $100, Sideshow did an Orlok once. It's pretty much the only option for a screen accurate version, though.
>>
File: hellsing alucard figure 20912.jpg (45 KB, 256x443) Image search: [Google]
hellsing alucard figure 20912.jpg
45 KB, 256x443
>>5305470
>>5307087
>>Where's my Dracula?
[spoilers]Here.[/nospoilers]
>>
File: FrankenPunker-e1285190176829.png (341 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
FrankenPunker-e1285190176829.png
341 KB, 600x700
Xevoz Franken-Punker.
>>
File: img_3577.jpg (219 KB, 600x1107) Image search: [Google]
img_3577.jpg
219 KB, 600x1107
No Herman Munster in this thread? Shame on you, /toy/.
>>
>>5308392
That's pretty glorious...but it would dwarf everything else I own.
>>
Pretty great character to make toys of. You don't need a lot of articulation on him to pull off most of his iconic poses, since the guy moved stiffly.
>>
Why did Dr. Frankenstein use parts from a bunch of different bodies? Wouldn't it have been easier to use a single, whole corpse than finding a pair of hands, and a different head, and stitching everything together?
>>
>>5309012
According to the book, he worked with very small pieces of flesh and bone, taken from graves as well as butchered animals. The way I understand it, is that he made the monster large (8 feet) to be able to work more easily, instead of fiddling with a small body. There's probably the desire to create something entirely new too, rather than 'resurrect' a body that once already lived.
>>
>>5309012
He needed the strongest, most durable parts he could find, and the fresh cadavers he used couldn't be riddled with disease, or injury, or been aged too far past their prime, or else they'd cause too many complications with his experiment and basically guarantee failure.

It was probably easier to just cherry pick the best bits and pieces he could get from individual bodies, and keep the one he was building preserved until it was finished and reanimated.
>>
>>5308981

Make it the center piece of your collection.
>>
File: image.png (203 KB, 330x350) Image search: [Google]
image.png
203 KB, 330x350
This
>>
>>5309046
>>5309050
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuHw5ivCs1A
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.