[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does ThreeZero keep releasing figures from dead franchises?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: static1.squarespace.jpg (247 KB, 2048x1280) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.jpg
247 KB, 2048x1280
Why does ThreeZero keep releasing figures from dead franchises? Now, that Caiman release was cool. Seriously though what's up with the decaying franchises? Nobody should care about Game of Thrones, Crysis, Breaking Bad, Titanfall, or whatever other stupid irrelevant forgotten series they're pumping out on an assembly line!
>>
>>5304044
Caimen is gay as fuck. But anyway, I think they, along with 3A, get a license and then don't do shit with it for years. It took them 3 years to come out with a Halo 4 Chief, it took them 4 years to come out with a Transformers figure that's already not the newest movie, and 3Z is in the same boat.

They're the epitome of a company that's such a mess and riddled with people who are awful at time management.
>>
>>5304044
Maybe their thought (and business practice) is that properties that were huge but are no longer "hot items" might find a careful balance where the costs to license aren't as high but the fanbase is still large enough to support the production costs for the line itself and in turn pull a greater profit than some costlier brand new and relevant license.
>>
>>5304044
It's a good point but why putting Breaking Bad and GoT in that list instead of Dragon Age or fucking Chappie?
>>
>>5304181
Because I hate TV
>>
Seems like they're a company that does what they like. Good for them. The crysis nanosuit is a cool design, so I'm looking forward to this release.
>>
>>5304285
>Good for them.
Until they get lazy as fuck and don't feel like putting things out in the projected year.
>>
>>5304044
So how many years am I gonna wait for this one. We still don't have a release date for the Fallout power armor figures. Does ThreeZero usually take forever to release anything?
>>
>>5304044

Because they are so fucking slow that the franchises die by the time they get the figures shipped.
>>
>>5304185
That doesn't matter, they're not irrelevant.
>>
File: tumblr_mqc5uq12gG1rbh1bzo3_1280.jpg (110 KB, 1167x684) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqc5uq12gG1rbh1bzo3_1280.jpg
110 KB, 1167x684
>>5304044
forget about all that.
just hurry the fuck up and release my guy from a book anyone hardly knows about
>>
File: STK441396.jpg (204 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
STK441396.jpg
204 KB, 1500x1500
>>5304044
You know how sometimes you look at an older game/movie/comic and think 'Awe, too bad they never made a figure for that guy."
>>
File: asuras.wrath.01.lg.jpg (124 KB, 978x550) Image search: [Google]
asuras.wrath.01.lg.jpg
124 KB, 978x550
>>5307998
STILL.
MAD.
>>
>>5304185
ow the edge
>>
>>5308061
>CG art book

http://original.livestream.com/danluvisiart/video?clipId=pla_14ac664e-04bb-4828-a872-8f044e82b648&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

Just because you've never heard of him, it doesn't mean he doesn't have fans.
>>
>>5308061
>>5308170
Your first time on /toy/ and this is how you behave?
>>
>>5308170
Let me get this straight: you think an original IP with tons of fans off the back of a single artbook and Luvisi's art posted to social media - that is, right this minute, being turned into a huge Hollywood action film - is somehow less worthy than shit like a robot suit from the third and worst Matrix film from thirteen years ago, or the Robocop remake no-one wanted or cared about?
>>
>>5308061
>I'm only interested in a franchise if it is eternal.
Now that's the dedication of a true fan.
>>
>>5308205
>>5308214
Hello, Reddit
>>
>>5308325
Hi newfag, sorry you embarrassed yourself so hard during your first time here.
>>
>>5308361
I've been here for years you fucking piece of shit Reddit invader I AM INTO SPACE OPERA BY WAY OF STAR WARS YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT I USED TO COLLECT 3A I'M FUCKING FAMOUS AROUND HERE YOU'RE THE NEWFAG IF YOU DON'T KNOW I'M 3ANON I'M 3ANON I'M 3ANON! Dan Luvisi shit. The McChicken is the best fast food sandwich.
>>
>>5308383
4/10 that's some ok hustle anon, but the poster count kinda goes against you.
>>
>>5308214
All you fucking LMS fans sound like such fucking shills.

>what, how can you not like the hit artbook LMS Killbook™ by acclaimed artist Dan Luvisi, soon to be a major motion picture by 20th century Paramount brothers™!? Soon to be a sci-fi franchise that will eclipse The Matrix™ by the wachowski Siblings™ or Gaurdians of the galaxy™!

Range Murata is talented. Dan Luvisi just uses texture brushes for basic shit like stubble. he's impressive to knuckle draggers who like hyper realism in art.
>>
>>5304044
>Why does ThreeZero keep releasing figures from dead franchises?

I have no idea man. I always feel the same way when Sideshow or someone does a $300 bust or statue or replica weapon from some shit-tier Van Hellsing ripoff that is destined for the DVD bargain bin.
>>
File: 209386.jpg (1 MB, 1966x1042) Image search: [Google]
209386.jpg
1 MB, 1966x1042
>>5308061
> I never heard of Dan Luvsi or whoever the fuck. It's a scam! ARITICIALLY GENERATE HYPED!
you say that like your the only person on the internet who doesnt have his work sitting in your wallpaper folder
>>
>>5308493
That looks like something from every sci-fi FPS from the last 15 years. What is the appeal?
>>
I got the reprint of LMS but was disappointed almost immediately by it when I opened it and encountered very basic errors in punctuation and grammar.
>>
>>5308061
>I never heard of Dan Luvsi
I never herd of ashley wood before 3a, I only found out last year that we was the man responsible for the horrible MGS comics

and did you possibly think that the reason why we never talked about him was because there was no reason to talk him on a TOY board.
to avoid you getting annoyed in the future when we start talking about apparently non existing things in the toy universe should I just tell you every game/movie/show/cartoon i am a fan of?
do you want me to make a tumblr and show you every thing I follow so when they get a toy I can be all like "I know who that is and I would like that"
>>
>>5308505
Dan Luvisi strikes me as kind of an idiot savant type. He can paint pretty competently and all, but he types like an elementary schooler. Also he strikes me as very awkward, one time years ago he tried advertising his book on /co/ trying to post as if he wasn't himself, while making it obvious it was him(including claiming weird shit like "I'm not him but he's a really cool guy, we've had a sexting session a few times before!")
>>
>>5308493
>you say that like your the only person on the internet who doesnt have his work sitting in your wallpaper folder

I don't either. He's like Boring Cliche Concept Art: The Artist.
>>
>>5307976

>>black looking swat team guy with cute things like keychain dangles and smiley faces

>>how ironic I've never seen that before
>>
>>5308214
You seriously think some generic looking artbook that looks like the box of a graphics card is more relevant and popular than existing theatrical movies? You fanboys drink that koolaid hard. That robocop remake is arguably irrelevant and forgotten, but it's on netflix so at the very least some people are using it for Netflix and Chill, so that's probably a bigger audience than fucking a facebook fanpage.
>>
>>5308533

lol he sounds just like Ash to be honest
>>
Dan Luvisi is like the Jin Saotome of concept art. I dunno how the fuck he is so famous but he is...

Just need to move on and ignore it.
>>
>>5308584
Fan interaction, mainly. He knows how to use social media to his advantage. a lot of his fans are awkward nerdy teens-mid 20's types who feel a rush when a "celebrity" talks to them on social media. He also does livestreams and post his techniques and stuff to get people invested. Its enough to make very crazed and fervent fans, which makes for good advertising. His time seems to be ffading, though, as very little is coming out of LMS after years of him hyping it, and the movie almost certainly being doomed to preproduction hell.
>>
>>5308325
>>5308477
>>5308564
Hi /ic/.
>>
>>5307998
I hated Crysis 2, but I'm eternally grateful that the Crysis 1 nanosuit got included. The paint apps weren't impressive, but it was a very beautifully realized figure overall, its sculpt looks just as it should and also looks natural in almost any pose (probably because it is basically a naked muscular man painted gray).
>>
>>5304044
>Why does ThreeZero keep releasing figures from dead franchises?

Because they want to.
>>
Why do you people hate Crysis 2 so much?
>>
>>5304044
>Still no news on Half-Life 2 figures
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.