[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/dadtoy/ general a safe place where us old farts can grumble
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20151126_123849_942.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151126_123849_942.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
/dadtoy/ general

a safe place where us old farts can grumble on about how "they don't make em like they used too"
>>
File: guerra-dei-virus-gig.jpg (100 KB, 500x798) Image search: [Google]
guerra-dei-virus-gig.jpg
100 KB, 500x798
Well, I don't think I'm a dad, but I do miss this line of toys during when Mighty Max/ Polly Pocket was big. Body wars was awesome and I wish they made more
>>
As someone who's old enough to have fond memories of that tv show and playing with those toys when they first came out, I think what you want this thread to be about nostalgiafagging.

Toys from back then are total shit compared to the stuff being produced today.
Though, toys produced today can't hold a candle compared to what was being produced in the 00s. The 00s was golden age, what with better quality in paint and plastics, and they were priced cheap as fuck.
Only a few companies have improved since the 00s, like NECA and japanese collector companies, but only because they started off at such low points. So their work doesn't match the high points of the 00s and their toys don't have those true bro prices.
>>
>>5304006
Still one of my favorite toy lines.
>>
>>5304404
>As someone who's old enough to have fond memories of that tv show and playing with those toys when they first came out, I think what you want this thread to be about nostalgiafagging.
>Toys from back then are total shit compared to the stuff being produced today.
Definitely this. Your precious diecast robot statues with rubber wheels can go die in a fire.
>>
Growing up I was in a fortunate position where my grandma was heavily involved in those parking lot markets, she specialized in toys so her house was almost hoarder-level filled with them, allowing me to sample a pretty broad cross section of the toys available in the late 70's and 1980's.

Obviously the toys aimed at adults are superior to what we had then but imo childrens toys have gotten worse and less varied with exceptions like nerf or transformers. They don't really make those big playsets anymore which is a shame.
>>
>>5305362
>faggots celebrating their bars being lowered
way to pleb, you peasant
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (60 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
60 KB, 600x900
>>5304404
>And late 90s
>Being able to buy 1 McFarlane-articulated-sculpture every week with just my allowance and chore money.

It was when action figures really turned the corner, you ask me.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.