[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1X -Xex1tYs wow, hasbro le
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: CTuAt1RWcAEjN4O.jpg (14 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
CTuAt1RWcAEjN4O.jpg
14 KB, 600x400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1X-Xex1tYs

wow, hasbro let them use their female buck because of how shit their idea was lol
>>
>more articulation than Hasbro's females
>>
>>5303630
>buck
You don't even know what it means you fucking idiot.
>>
It actually looks pretty good. And the articulation does outdo MLs.
>>
>>5303630
Are you stupid? The figure is far off from Hasbro's females. Far better range of motion in all ways. It's a good figure for a fair price. Maybe actually watch what you linked before linking it then making shit up.
>>
>>5303934
>The figure is far off from Hasbro's females. Far better range of motion in all ways
Uh huh... So that modern body they've used for Black Widow and others just doesn't exist...
>>
>>5303630
This figure is actually pretty cool.
Initially I hated the original line. I still think it sucks. All the characters look the same and articulation is ass
But as a stand alone figure this one is pretty nice
>>
>>5303812
it was a joke you raging autist or did you leave your fedora on? :^)
>>
>>5304189
whats funny is how pixel dan compares this to dcucs and hasbro stuff when the kickstarter video calls those toys boys for toys.
>>
>>5304115

That is not the black widow body, you can even see it in the end of the review. Aside from the hips, the joints are reminiscent of a figuarts.

This are pretty good figures, i remember the original kickstarter was riding the feminist bandwagon.
>>
>>5304229
>the joints are reminiscent of a figuarts.

looks like shitty western shit with gummy cheap plastic
>>
>>5303630

Hmm these are cool they have a Microman feel to them...
>>
File: 1435125287286.png (43 KB, 314x292) Image search: [Google]
1435125287286.png
43 KB, 314x292
>>5303630
This thread didn't go the way you hoped it would, did it?
>>
>>5304383
would females or males who collect action figures buy this product?
>>
File: turds.jpg (267 KB, 1824x1032) Image search: [Google]
turds.jpg
267 KB, 1824x1032
Is Pixeldan known for shilling or does he have really poor standards?
Can't believe he actually said positive things about the old line.

>>5304115
Man, I managed to see the other figures, even though i skipped through most of the video because video reviews are pure shit.
The figure isn't a redeco of anything from Hasbro. The engineering looks different from most of Hasbro's stuff too.

Also, why the hell did they choose 6.5"? That's way too tall.
>>
>>5304424
as far as i understand.
Is because is like a fusion of the others.
So is like a mega form or something, so it have to be bigger.
>>
>>5304387
Yeah, i would. It looks like a pretty neat figure and i enjoy getting toys from various different toylines.

There're alot of lines i don't feel like going full force in, but wouldn't mind just picking up any that i'm just interested in.
>>
>>5304424
So she can forcefully grant snu-snu to the Marvel Manlets.
>>
>>5304233
The joints are actually all really solid plastic. Nothing gummy except the sword is a little softer, along with the attached flame effect.

>>5304115
I enjoy MLs, but objectively the range of motion is much better overall on these than any female ML. Torso bends more, knees and elbows do too, leg moves out more, head moves better, and have better range, and it just goes on.

The core figures which will be this scale are definitely my focus of this line. The small figures look OK, but I'm not particularly interested in those. This one's courage, wisdom's up next. Primarily blue for them.
>>
>>5304424
>Is Pixeldan known for shilling

He doesn't hide the fact he gets free toys from these companies. The only time he will ever admit to a problem is if it's such a big one that he knows if he tried to sweep it under the rug, he'd have an angry mob on his porch.
>>
>>5304233
Like it's mentioned, the joints are similar to figuarts in terms of type and placement. Like a simplified version using less parts, but just as effective. It's way above expectation of an Western action figure. One issue might be that some joint could be tighter, but it overcome its own weight so I guess it's good enough.

Oh, and another problem is there is only one type for this figure.
>>
>>5303630
>waist ball jointed articulation
>thinks it's hasbro
lol
>>
>>5303630
It kinda looks like it was designed the same way as an Ultra-act, rather than an ML or Hasbro figure.
>>
>>5304204
>Gets caught using a word he doesn't understand.
>Gets asspained and starts claiming ''I was joking'' to try and cover it up
Joking about what, Princess. There is no joke. You don't know what 'buck' means, especially in this context.
>>
>>5303630
>no hips
no thanks
>>
>>5303630
Articulation wise it's just a small step up from early 2000's Spiderman Classics.
>>
>>5304628
Hasbro uses ball jointed waists, but for their 1:18 line. They might have used it for their 1:12 figures.
>>
>>5303630
>>5304424

Talk about a step up. Still not interested, but at least they're decent figures now.

The only real problem is the homogeneity of the figures. Skin colours ranging from pink to red? Really? Surely if they're 'elemental' they should have some kind of rainbow of colours. Then I might have at least caved if there were a 'toxic green' one.
>>
>>5305380
>Then I might have at least caved if there were a 'toxic green' one.
That would probably look really nice with these figures.

Personally i'd love to see them do one that has metallic skin of some kind.
>>
>>5303630

Why does it look like an unpainted proto?
>>
>>5305390
>toxic green
>toxic

That color is being saved for the evil male enemies, to symbolize their masculinity
>>
File: 1448268294050.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448268294050.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>5305415

>we can build a human throne out of the girl hero figures and have the bad guy sit on it
>>
>>5305415
>male elemental
>bright vivid green skin

I wouldn't even mind that, might get it if it has the articulation of the stand alone figure.
>>
Is there any actual plan for future figures? I think a booklet that came with the figures mentions a series 2, but does that mean they are doing another group of 4 inch plus one 6.5 inch figure wave?
>>
>>5303630
http://www.oafe.net/articulation/terms.php

Learn your terms
>>
>>5306309
if I wanted to read the psychotic ramblings of a shithead, I'd read Mein Kampf, not OAFE
>>
>>5305380
Something to do with Envy? Purple was used for Fear, which on the surface is negative so maybe they can find a way to fit envy in.

>>5306133
Yes, there are plans for another set of 4" figures as well as one core power figure, aka these 6.5" figures. The theme will be wisdom, their main color will be blue, and they will apparently differ a bit more than they did from wave 1. The teaser for them shows a character wearing a dress.

They also mentioned that if they were to make villains they wouldn't make them a guy just for the sake of it. I feel like they may include a male as a part of a team, though it's kind of scary at that point to try to pick whether a girl or a guy gets called what. For example, if a guy were strength, then why is it not a woman? And if the precedent is set that there could be guys, why isn't the guy x theme.
>>
>>5306372
And that's exactly the problem with an explicitly feminist toy line.
>>
>>5306386
>Fear
>good emotion..."All your emotions are good and just! My special little snowflake earth goddesses!"

yeah that's what we need, more self-satisfied fodder for women to self-cunnilingus themselves.
>>
File: 2015-01-09 20.56.23.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-09 20.56.23.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>5306372
>The teaser for them shows a character wearing a dress.
Sauce? I like the IAE line and have been anxious to see the next ones.
>>
>>5306347
So you're choosing to remain ignorant.
Not surprising. Your kind desperately fight to stay stupid.
>>
>>5307082
Fear is meant to be a bad guy, I think.
If they can be bothered to do more diverse (heh) moulds, I'd really like to see more monstrous representations of other emotions - but I think the angle here is 'all of this is inside yourself' so making the bad guys too hideous would defeat the point.
>>
>>5304681
you're thinking abdomen,/chest joint, not waist. I've never seen hasbro do waist articulation beyond a swivel. to be fair though, when we mention waist, we do mean closer to the pelvis on most toys, but it's obviously the lower torso joint.
>>
>>5308816
Nah, fear is a part of the team that makes up courage. She's one of the good guys. Fear is a good motivation, after all. I'd think of her as the anti hero of the group.

>>5308326
Here's a poopy pic. http://kastorskorner.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/NYCC-I-Am-Elemental-003-150x150.jpg
You can search up for more by looking for this company at NYCC 2015.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.