[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else buy this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 615614.jpg (592 KB, 1200x795) Image search: [Google]
615614.jpg
592 KB, 1200x795
"HEROCROSS Hybrid Metal Figuration 023 1979 The Alien "

well, I bought it, and im pretty dissapointed. It's billed as a "die cast figure" but there is very little actual metal in it. The upper torso, the ball joint in the waist, and the tips of toes are it from what I can tell.
>>
File: 71kaWfI-MPL._SL1500_.jpg (121 KB, 1500x1001) Image search: [Google]
71kaWfI-MPL._SL1500_.jpg
121 KB, 1500x1001
The product photos show the dome being mostly yellow tinted, but as you can see in photo, its mostly clear.
>>
>>5303439
Color of the bottom jaw doesn't match the top, the saliva accessory is held on by nothing but gravity and constantly falls off.
>>
File: 414bQeAQDoL.jpg (26 KB, 334x500) Image search: [Google]
414bQeAQDoL.jpg
26 KB, 334x500
The product photos also the tail being segmented and ball jointed where as the actual product has a soft rubber tail with wire insert Ala Neca.
>>
I bought the Scar Predator a while back. Wasn't really impressed for a $100 toy. Alien was an easy pass, especially since it was even more than the Pred.
>>
Lastly, its supposed to have a gimmick where you push a button and the inner jaw pops out. Well, its designed so that when you hit the release, the inner jaw gets hung up behind the top outer jaw. Theres no way around this flaw, you have to get something in there and pull the inner jaw down to get it to come out.
>>
I could over look the paint issues and lack of any substantial die cast, but the broken engineering on the jaw and the bait and switch tail are just piss poor handling of the product.

Thankfully I ordered from this Amazon. They have a bullet return policy.

Anyways, long story short, stay away from hero cross.
>>
Here goes my usual ranting about how shitty Donald was. Don't buy those, just don't.
>>
>>5303739
I wish I could have found some reviews on it, but there really wasn't much available.
>>
>>5303834
Where's the archive then I need it? So no pics. Basically, yellow enamel paint isn't die cast compatible and exfoliates on busy places like knee joints, but somehow the rest of the paint (like white paint on hands) isn't thinned properly, also fragile easily soiled thin white silicone sock over metal body.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.