[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modding toys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: stryfe.jpg (157 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
stryfe.jpg
157 KB, 1920x1080
So I got my Stryfe disassembled and sanded. What now?

Any color schemes worth looking into?
Any painting tips? I'm thinking spray cans, base, 2 colors, and matte finish.
I leave the tip orange, right?

Anything I can do about the mechanism? More voltage, more massive rollers, something like that?
Mag extension, how?
Sling options? I'm thinking across the shoulders and down the dominant arm so it hangs from the armpit at hand height.

And finally homemade ammo. Where do I get pool noodles of those exact dimensions, and is the tip necessary?
>>
File: 1448497504664.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448497504664.jpg
250 KB, 1920x1080
>>5302834
A, theres a nerf thread.
B. Do some reasearch

C. Alright, im done griping, here are the basics of basics.

1, see these red circles? find the electric switches and rotate them then shove them back in so they are eternally depressed.

this will disable some of the locks that make stock stryfes so unpleasant.

2, See the green circle? underneeth that is some sort of mechanizm that prevents you from pulling the trigger unless the rev-trigger is already depressed,, Figueout which piece it is, and get rid of it.

3. Somewhere up top, but not pictured in this photo, i believe there is a piece that extends out over the clip chamber.. When you load a clip, a dart presses up against this,

This is the single worst thing about the stock stryfe, and is the easiest to get rid of, 90% of jams are caused by this piece of plastic, Get rid of it.
Past this, you can get a bit more advanced, Like Re-wiring it, and putting in stronger batteries,

Extending a mag is easy,, go buy a bigger one, the 12 or 18 dart clips are pretty easy to find, and if you really search you should be able to find an 18 or 32 dart drum mag.
>>
File: stryfe mod.jpg (59 KB, 736x489) Image search: [Google]
stryfe mod.jpg
59 KB, 736x489
>>5303132
Thanks.

I don't mind the safeties. It doesn't make sense to pull the trigger when the motors aren't running. It would jam. And without the mag nothing at all would happen.

I will look at the chamber once I reassemble it.
>>
>>5303150
Not him, but seriously look into getting the locks removed. If you intend to take your mod the distance, you'll likely have to in order for the higher voltage batteries to work. The dart tooth lock is essential in increasing the rate of fire you can output. The entire switch for the rev trigger will likely have to be replaced to handle higher volts. Also the thermistor needs to be taken out if you plan to raise voltage in anyway, since it will lockdown the gun otherwise. There are several videos on YouTube that go over this entire process, so start there.

Lastly I recommend you keep it looking like a toy even after your paint job is done unless this is for a prop. The risk of getting into trouble with law enforcement isn't worth a "tacticool" paint job.
>>
If you get rid of the mag sensor switch it allows you to keep track g while changing Mayan. Meaning you will already be at top speed and ready to fire the moment the new mag clips in.
>>
>>5303916
That makes sense.
>>
>>5303344
Right now I intend to keep the muzzle, magazine, and trigger in the original bright orange.
>>
>>5303925
Oh man.. My spell check. I'm sorry.. At least you got the message.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.