[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Secret Santa Thread #5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: 3282.jpg (82 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
3282.jpg
82 KB, 1024x768
THE GIFTENING HAS BEGUN

Everyone should now be shopping for their assignments, and try your best to have your packages shipped by the first week in December. Shipping slows waaaaaay down during the holiday season, so get those packages out early to ensure they get there by Christmas!

To protect yourself from false Grinching accusations (who would do such a thing?) you can send me the tracking info or a picture of the package before you send it. This is important because Grinches will be put on a list that I will give to the Secret Santa organizer next year, so that you may never ruin our fun again! Mwahahahaha

If you receive a present, wait to open it till Christmas, or don't! It's your present, do what you want with it! Just post a picture of your awesome gift here so we can use it for a collage for next year!

Lastly! If you have any questions for your assignment or comments for your Santa, send them to me, I will be doing my best to quickly rely them so that you may communicate.
>>
Patiently waiting for my guy to open his package, or at least let me know he got it.
>>
Finally bought the bulk of my person's gift. I skipped going to the Lawrence Arms Christmas Show just to get you something extra. Now I'm gonna fill it up with some other goodies and send it out next week. I'm pretty excited.
>>
>Dispatch from outward office of exchange

Thanks, mr Japan postman
>>
A.D. in Ontario (the big Canadian one not the small Californian one), your bundle has been shipped~!
>>
Brooklyn giftee here. If my santa sees this, do you have a time frame for when you are sending mine? My building is asking about # of packages for residents for storage reasons this month/early next.
>>
>>5301632
Hey that's me! Awesome, thank you! Unfortunately I'm going to keep us both in suspense for a while as I won't be home from school until the 16th. But I want to keep it for Christmas anyway. I hope YOUR gift is on its way too!
>>
still waiting for next week to finish my santas stuff.
>>
Ok, I've gone through the emails in my inbox, so everyone check for a message! Your Santa may be trying to ask you a question!
>>
Woot all is well in secret Santa land
>>
>>5301029
Shame about the camera but I'm glad you seem happy with your gift.

I'm kind of excited to see what my Santa is going to come up with because my list was a little bit vague.

>>5301582
I did go a little overboard but whatever, I don't feel bad about it.

As far as I know I'm not but if I do end up getting grinched it wouldn't make me feel bad about overgifting, I'd feel bad because someone decided to screw someone over for free stuff
>>
>>5301732
>tfw convinced a friend to join
>Friend keeps thinking that /toy/ is sharing the same website as /b/ and is therefore full of smelly neckbeard trolls

>Ironically told me today that he's received his gift and is grinching out
>He's the fucking problem man. Poeple like him.
>>
File: No Justice.jpg (144 KB, 1409x775) Image search: [Google]
No Justice.jpg
144 KB, 1409x775
>>5301749
Punch him out.
>>
>>5301749

Your friend huh
>>
File: image.jpg (925 KB, 2250x1800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
925 KB, 2250x1800
All but two packages(which are extra small things) should be here by Saturday and then the wrappening can begin. Stopping but the local craft beer store to pick up some holiday cheer today.

>>5301732
How vague were you? I didn't list anything specific but gave a decent range of interests. Now I'm worried I made it hard on my Santa.

>>5301749
Your friend is a fuckboi. /b/ would still send something. It would be a pet rock or used dildo. 'But it would be something.

>mfsw I'm a /toy/ soldier with the heart of a /b/astard.
>>
>>5301767
>How vague were you?

Just a little, there's a particular character I wanted something of but wasn't sure what there was for her.

I also listed 2 specific things I wanted that'd be about $30 together in case I got a lazy santa (which is fine) and then just broad interests
>>
>>5301771
Better than me. I just posted a link to my Lego wanted list, and listed couple of series and characters I like.
>>
Hey Santa when someone updates you with tracking information etc do you notify the person receiving?
Already sent mine but I'm getting a feeling I'll get grinched.
>>
>>5301784

Santa forwards any messages but he's pretty busy so it might take a day or two

I'll probably also end up getting grinched but there's nothing I can do about it now so whatever I guess
>>
>>5301618
>Everyone should now be shopping for their assignments
uh oh.... I was going to order the gift for my assignment today. Shouldnt take long to get to him from there though, he only lives a few hours away
>>
>>5301801
oh woops, read that wrong, thought it said SHIPPING
>>
Friendly reminder to anyone bitching about being grinched.

No one is required to post status updates. It's entirely optional, and some people think it spoils the fun.

Also, complaining before Dec 29th (first business day after Christmas) is dumb. It's late only after that. If it hasn't arrived in January, you're free to whine and moan
>>
>>5301804
>im allowed to complain but nobody else is
>>
>>5301801
>>5301803
It's okay, Anon. Most of my stuff is still in the mail too
>>
>>5301810
Just ordered My anon some stuff off of Mandy today. Hope he likes futa...
>>
>>5301812
But Anon. Aren't girls with pee pees just men?
>>
>>5301814
no they're futanari
>>
>another item shipped today

Now there's 3 things on their way, and one I don't even know if the seller has yet. None will be here this week, though
>>
>>5301749
smack him. or at least tell his guy he bitched out
>>
>>5301930
Yeah if I got grinched I'd at least want to know so I can be disappointed and move on instead of waiting around hoping to be wrong about how most people in the world are garbage.
>>
>>5301804
I hope you get grinched so you have to suck it up and not bitch about it, based upon your own stupid rule.
>>
>>5301930
>>5301932
Would you rather be grinched or get stickers and a razor shave as a /toy/ gift?
>>
>>5301956

I'd much rather a joke gift because at least the person put some effort into it instead of just being like "oh free shit because I'm a sociopath"
>>
>>5301956
I'd take just about anything over being outright grinched. Stickers at least demonstrate you took the effort to go to the post office.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 450x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 450x430
>>
>tfw got one thing I ordered
>tfw it's so cute I want to keep it myself

Gotta stay strong and just wrap it quickly so it won't keep staring at me
>>
>>5302033
I almost did that but I already have a shelf space problem (not that I have a lot, I just don't have a lot of space for stuff.)
>>
File: 1447032739835.png (16 KB, 173x80) Image search: [Google]
1447032739835.png
16 KB, 173x80
>order a toy for my SS and a birthday gift for my friend from Amazon on the 16th
>choose free shipping
>scheduled for delivery 25th-27th
>found a $5 amazon gift card on Monday and decide to use it on this order since it hasn't shipped yet
>after I put in the gift card code it pushes the order back to the 7th of December
>I scream
>cancel the order and sign up for the free Prime trial so I can still get the package by Friday
>the thing I want to buy for my SS is on backorder and I wouldn't be available until the 30th
>have to order something else

I don't remember Amazon being this terrible
>>
>>5302033
This happened to me... I ended buying two
>>
>>5302033
>>5302042
>>5302118
Boy am I glad I didn't have to get Lego. I don't know if I could've handled it
>>
>>5302118

That's kind of what I decided, if I really wanted one I'd just get myself one later

>>5302112

Amazon isn't terrible, you just screwed up trying to add extra instructions to an order you already placed and expected it to not get delayed.
>>
>>5302141
I could understand pushing the order back a day or two, but having a 10 day delay for using a gift card is unacceptable.
>>
>>5302150
>but having a 10 day delay for using a gift card

That's not what happened. You revised the order effectively having to reorder it which is what pushed it back
>>
>>5302161
Shit, I didn't know they would have to reorder everything. I assumed it wouldn't affect the order because I wasn't charged for it yet.
>>
>>5302208
Amazon runs on a network of warehouses and sellers basically and Amazon moves so quickly that if you need to cancel an item you pretty much have to do it immediately. I ran into this problem recently.

Next time you'd be better off just letting the order go through and returning the items. Amazon's return policy is perfect, they'll even give you a complementary return shipping label most of the time.
>>
>two of the three items have been shipped

It's a good feel
>>
I'm currently waiting for an item to be delivered to me, they gave me a tracking number but so far it hasn't shown anything, really hoping it comes soon so I can get my anon his stuff!
>>
>>5301971
Why
>>
>>5301784
>>5301788
I actually haven't been passing along shipping info unless the Santa or Santee has specifically requested it. I've been using it more as just insurance that something was indeed sent by that Santa.

I assumed that a surprise was nicer than the knowing your present was sent. If you want the tracking info shoot my an email and I'll forward it to you when I get it
>>
To my Nintenbro in TX, I got payed early today because of the holiday and got out there to find the items I want to put together for you. 4 stores and a lot of frustrations I have to hang my head in defeat, for the time being. I'm going to try to expand my search next friday but if I can not find what I'm looking for I may have to order it off amazon and have it shipped to you. Know that this is a last resort as I would much rather wrap things and make them look nice, but I will not be called a Grinch on account of some shit distribution in my area.
>>
>>5302521

It's nice to know there are people working hard to get their gifts out.
>>
Maybe my santa is keeping quiet to build suspense...
>>
>>5302620

Who are you?
>>
File: 20151125_181753.jpg (4 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151125_181753.jpg
4 MB, 4128x2322
Someone gonna get Santa'd

Btw I did receive a box and will be opening soon.
>>
>>5302753
Is that a hot dog with a zipper on the right?
>>
File: 1.jpg (8 KB, 333x229) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
8 KB, 333x229
>>5302753
I wish it was mine, I love Deadpool but I known is not because I didn't put anything about said character in my list
>>
>>5302625
DC from Brooklyn
>>
>>5302753
Why is there a hairy cunt with a zipper on the side?
>>
>>5302753
>sweet christmas

Cute

It's probably not mine but I'd be hyped to see someone took the time to decorate mine
>>
>>5302836
...lightsaber
>>
>>5302753
>>5302753
>hot dog with a zipper
>>5302836
>hairy cunt with a zipper
>>5303016
>...lightsaber

lmfao
>>
>>5303016
top kek, I finally see it
>>
>>5302821
your SS here, not doing it on purpose, just don't have much to report unfortunately.

Part of your gift is on its way to me, the other part is a mystery that you'll have to wait til you get your gift to find out
>>
>>5301749
Tell your friend to not be an asshole. I went a bit overboard with my gift, but if I get grinched, I can't see myself participating again in the future.

Call me a selfish killjoy or whatever, but if this turns out to be full of sociopaths only in it for themselves, it loses its appeal
>>
Is that a bad dragon?
>>
>>5301749
Get his santee details off him, pass them onto Santa for a re-assignment
>>
>>5303090
Rad, man. Been down lately, so I keep expecting the worst of people. Good to hear that tho.
>>
I don't really fear getting grinched, I fear I will get a dragon dildo, specially cause I been planing on opening my gift at my patents house on Christmas... That would be too hard to explain
>>
>>5303200
hey at least some people have been getting information I got a "yeah I saw the e-mail" back a week a go and not a thing since, not really upset about it just kind of . . . . meh. But hey we have weeks until Christmas, what could possibly go wrong right?
>>
Anon with fake name in Utah your gift should have arrived. Was supposed to be funny timing but I'm pretty sure Amazon fucked that up, sorry.
>>
I don't shop on amazon, so maybe thats why I was blind sided by this...

but I was about to purchase 2 figures for my assignment. Since both are over $30, it said free shipping. And it also said it'd be delivered by December 3rd-8th. Everything was a pretty good deal so far
But then after I give them my card info, THATS when they decide to reveal that if I want the free shipping I'd have to wait till January to get the packages, or I can get them December 3rd-8th like originally promised if I cough up an extra $50.....

I'm mad. I can't spend over $100 on this, I got other people to shop for.
>>
Seriously, who doesn't have amazon prime at this point? I mean there is at least a dozen ways to get it discounted and you can just keep signing up for the free trail.
>>
Any santas got a Singapore Anon?

I h-h-ope i didn't make my list too difficult...
>>
>>5303688
Someone mentioned in last thread that he has to ship to Singapore and he doesn't even know where that is
>>
>>5303710
I hope not, My santa will definitely come through for me!
>>
Just sent the shipping info to Santa.
Should get there tomorrow by eight.
Unless USPS just kind of shits the bed.
>>
File: fabulous link.gif (3 MB, 244x233) Image search: [Google]
fabulous link.gif
3 MB, 244x233
>>5303787

I hope it's me
>>
>mfw totally forgot about customs
>check the value of the orders coming
>one is 1€ below the limit, other is 1€ above

Dodged a bullet there. I may have to pay something, but I doubt it'll be that much.

Now, the one last order that is like 10€ above the limit, that's what I'm afraid of.
>>
>>5303200
No worries, I'll try to send out your gift the first week of December, just want to get one more thing before I send it out your way.

You said no food right?
>>
Raoul, you'll be psyched.
>>
>Have many unique/specific things in my wishlist that santa would have commented on if he cared enough

you lucky bastards that got namedrop'd should appreciate that shit.
>>
>>5304027

You deserve to be grinched.
>>
>>5303907
Yeah sorry, im paranoid as fuck. But damn Dude, i can't believe you are goin through all the trouble. Thank you man, happy thanksgiving.
>>
Just did some wrapping for an anon in Ontario Canada, as soon as what I'm waiting for gets here I can start looking at sending it out, here's hoping I can get it out to you pretty soon!
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n9375bF28o1r69r1v.gif (324 KB, 237x185) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n9375bF28o1r69r1v.gif
324 KB, 237x185
>>5303959
Yay!
>>
File: 6d4fmY31sdxg93_250.png (33 KB, 150x121) Image search: [Google]
6d4fmY31sdxg93_250.png
33 KB, 150x121
I want to make a lego "stuffie" like a soft lego stuffed animal for my anon. Do you guys think that would be a terrible idea? Would a grown man resent that gift?
>>
Guys Thanksgiving is almost over
Guys it's almost Christmas
Guys, I'm shitting my pants.
>>
>>5304720
I'd resent the circumstances of this earth that allow for such a heartfelt gift.
>>
>>5304720
Do you have an example? I'm having a hard time picturing this.
>>
File: ToyAgumon_b.jpg (71 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
ToyAgumon_b.jpg
71 KB, 320x320
>>5304720
make me a stuffed toyagumon
>>
>>5304720
Not a grown man participating in a /toy/ Secret Santa, no. That sounds wonderful.
>>
>>5304749
I don't unfortunately... I'll just have to make one and show you.
thanks for the feed back guys.

(also while toyagumon would be adorable, it would take me forever to make him...)
>>
>>5304720
Sounds adorable. Go for it.
>>
>>5304720
A stuffed animal that looks like it's made of Lego, or a Lego-thing that looks like stuffed animal?

I'd fucking love both, really
>>
>>5304720
Make a lego shark plushie that you can actually keep a bunch of minifigures inside. If you ask me, the shark is the most recognizable lego animal next to the dog.
>>
My Santa is apparently sending me a gift before Christmas and having something else delivered directly to me in midJanuary. Now I have to deal with twice the suspense
>>
>order some gashapon as a small extra thing
>they don't even come in their capsules

Now what the fuck those are the best part. At least they're in original bags and have the pamphlets too, but still.

I need to get small box for these, I can't just wrap them up like this
>>
>>5304916
Well you would think at a distance that it's an over sized novelty lego, but closer up you see it's a plush of a lego piece.

>>5304947
That's pretty damn cute.
>>
Matt from Oak Lawn, if you're here. I'm waiting for one more thing to reach my place before wrapping and sending out the final box. BUT, there is something shipped directly to you from Amazon, cuz the delivery date said between Dec 23 and Jan 15.
>>
>>5305409
Take your time man. The longer you take, the more likely I am to hold off opening it until Christmas. Otherwise I'm probably going to rip it open immediately like a ten year old
>>
>get an invoice from Amiami
>10 or so too little on bank account
>no car to drive to bank to deposit some

I wasn't expecting it this soon at all. I am glad, sure, that they have it, but still.
>>
>Just spent like eighty dollars on makeup for the missus
Glad I got my guys stuff ordered so quickly. Black friday fucked me up.
>>
>>5305452
>eighty dollars on makeup

Jesus
>>
>>5305481
Yeah man, the high end stuff is nuts.
>>
>paid for the last order
>got the first one in mail

Now I just wish I could fast-forward to next Thursday, because I can't go pick up any parcels before that. Saturday-Wednesday, absolutely nothing.
>>
So how many here still DOESN'T have all their gifts for Anon?
>>
>>5305652
my giftee already got his stuff but he said his camera wasn't working
>>
>>5305652
I've got one more thing in a shipment from amiami which should be ready to ship to me by tomorrow.
>>
>>5305652
Mine have all been shipped to me except one tiny thing that's an extra that I could easily not send and not care.

I plan to ship second week of Dec unless my shipping box gets too full. I always hate sending it out and then finding something else cool to include.
>>
File: santa.png (17 KB, 661x220) Image search: [Google]
santa.png
17 KB, 661x220
>>5305652
It's complicated.

And there's still one more that will probably get shipped tomorrow.
>>
>>5305452
8 Bucks? You got off easy.

I bought my wife some blush and that was 9.99 starting.

There's much more expensive stuff that comes with it. Meanwhile I just spent the 8 bucks shipping my giftee's stuff priority mail. :3 same price as standard. He gonna get Santa'd
>>
>>5304675
Hit up Santa for the tracking number.
>>
File: miw_ss_dq05.jpg (48 KB, 350x180) Image search: [Google]
miw_ss_dq05.jpg
48 KB, 350x180
>>5305738
>>5305452
Seriously though, let her spend whatever she wants on nails/makeup. Then you're in the clear when you want to spend 100 on a BAF ML set.
>>
>>5305738
We're complaining about expensive shipping now?

Because I seriously hope I don't go over 2 kg. As long as it doesn't go over that, the shipping costs will be 27€, compared to the 34€ it would be for up to 5 kg.

And I know perfectly fine that I brought this upon myself. It's not my giftee's fault. Definitely won't be removing actual gifts.
>>
>the parcels arrived to country
>on fucking Friday evening, meaning that they don't move an inch before Monday

Sometimes I wonder why.
>>
>>5305652
I'm still waiting on something from Japan to come through Amazon, starting to think I should have just had it delivered to anon.
>>
>>5305745
I'm not complaining. I'm happy with what I did. I said I'd spend 30, and I spent probably 50 all together with shipping. The post office showed me the comparison and it was the same price to send standard as priority for this.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Haven't been paying attention to the secret Santa threads since I barely come to /toy/ much anymore it seems. But I did want to post my gifts. I asked for completely random things because I wanted to see what sort of things I would get with no limitations set, and I was not let down. I got: giant plush isopod, sex criminals vol 1, Lego exosuit, and a set of ten assorted women's disposable underwear lol

Thanks a million Chris R. This actually really did put a smile on my face when I got these since this time of year usually sucks for me (and some of y'all too I imagine)

But yeah this was fun! Thanks for hosting and organizing everything OP. :]
>>
>>5305971

also, Alexis P lemme know if you got yer stuff yet!
>>
>>5305971
>giant plush isopod
Oh fuck you I wanted that one.

Little jealous for the Exo-suit too.
>>
>>5305980

i freaking love it. i think isopods are just so neat.
>>
>>5305971

Good job not getting grinched, you won christmas
>>
>>5305971
>Little girl's underwear
>>
Wish my santee would confirm he got my gift.
>>
Just a quick message for Doki, since I'm not sure if you saw it in the last thread and I'd rather not bother Santa more than I need to (since he seems really busy). I'm delaying sending your package for a little longer just so I can add a personal touch but rest assured that it will be going out soon!
>>
Anyone know a good place to get some santa boxers? Girlfriend has this creepy sex thing about them, and I figure if I get them before I send out my gifts I could include a pic for shits and giggles.
>>
>>5305652
Ordered it off amazon 2 days ago, should be here first week of december. My assignment lives only a few hours from me, so after I ship it ittl be at his house in a day or 2.
I think I'll be fine
>>
>>5306242
Huh? I'm totally lost but Walmart would have them
>>
File: HNI_0100.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0100.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
So I was able to get a somewhat okay shot of the things An Actual Dinosaur sent me with my 3ds camera. I can't stop playing with the morpher! Enjoy.
>>
File: HNI_0003.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0003.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
>>5306621
Also, he sent me these sweet mmpr vhs tapes. Woo! Sorry about the poor quality.
>>
>>5306242
of your naked gf in those boxers?

dear lord I hope you're my Santa
>>
>Departure from inward office of exchange

So this means that it didn't get caught in customs?
>>
>>5306732
That means it's heading from a local post office to a post office that ships internationally, IIRC. "Departure from outward office of exchange" means it's left the country. It'll say something like "in retention" or some such if it gets held up in customs.
>>
>>5306239
Sorry, I did see it but I've been working non-stop and forgot to reply. Food for my cat is fine (she's greedy) and I'm happy to wait, thanks for being so thoughtful!
>>
to Kida in Puerto Rico: You should be getting your box by Christmas, if the PO is to be believed (it's dispatching this Monday and it should take 12 business days if there's no delays). Hope you rike it
>>
>>5306621
that's pretty sweet, i didn't know the base was a pokeball
>>
File: bori happy.png (82 KB, 744x438) Image search: [Google]
bori happy.png
82 KB, 744x438
>>5307032
Nice! Can't wait.
>>
1 more gift for my giftee left to acquire. Will probably order it Sunday or Monday. Everything should come in around the 8th or so, then going to ship it out the following thursday or friday. Altogether, there'll be about $110 worth of stuff in the box, hope my giftee likes it!
>>
SANTA ARE YOU THE SAME SANTA THAT DID SECRET SANTA LAST YEAR?!

YOU MADE THE CUT OFF DAY LATER LAST YEAR, I STILL WANT TO PARTICIPATE, I SENT YOU AN EMAIL WITH LAST YEAR'S EMAIL ADDRESS TO ASK IF YOU WERE DOING IT.

GOD DAMN
>>
>>5307099
He's a different Santa
>>
>Item has been registered.
>Item arrived in the destination country.
>Item has been registered.
>The item is in transport.
>Item accepted from transport.

I kinda want to go check my PO box, but on the other hand the chances that it's actually there are pretty slim.
>>
>>5307102
What happened to last year's Santa? He did such a good job.

I don't think anyone got grinched, he really kept on top of everyone.
>>
>>5307107
People did get grinched. Not saying it won't happen again, but this Santa has been clutch.
>>
>>5307106
Why are you so afraid of your po box
>>
>>5307129
They did? But I thought people stepped up and got them replacement gifts? Everyone got something.
>>
>>5307134
Not afraid, in a sense. But now the next time I can go check it is Thursday, and it's not even a real po box. I have to ask the clerk at the office (or convinience store that happens to have post office in my case) that "Hey, you happen to have to any mail for Anon McFartface?" and then they have to go through the pile to see if there's any.

And I'm fairly sure the people working there are getting pretty annoyed with me because I visit them already several times in weekend with international letters.
>>
>>5307140
Not to be a nay-sayer, but I most certainly got grinched last year. Santa stopped returning emails after the 12th of December last year. Last I contacted him was January 6th, letting him know I still hadn't received anything. It sucks, let me tell ya, but I'm trying to be hopeful this year. I still went all out for my guy. Way over the thirty mark, before shipping.
>>
>>5307221
Really?
I was sending him plenty of emails and he replied to each one.
Gee, I didn't know that.
>>
>>5307240
Yeah, it didn't help that I even sent him a package too. Oh well. Things happen, I guess.
>>
>>5307248
BP your something should be in today!
>>
>>5307256
Hrmm didnt mean to reply too >>5307240
please ignore!
>>
File: 1324448989319.gif (1016 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1324448989319.gif
1016 KB, 320x240
>got a shoutout back in like thread 2
>radio silence ever since
I guess I brought it upon myself asking for jap stuff.
>>
>>5307332
Most people didn't even get name dropped
>>
Does anyone know Santa's email? I want to ask him if I can still get in on this, I mean come on it's not even December yet, could he open up applications for at least until Dec 1st?

I haven't even gotten a chance to set up my christmas festivities yet and I go to check secret santa and sign ups are closed already?
Where is he?
>>
>>5307409
you're not welcomed here, git out
>>
>>5307409

They were closed weeks ago and everyone's been assigned. You can probably offer to send someone a gift if they got grinched though
>>
>>5307409
The deadlines exist for a reason. Most people have already bought their gifts and some have even received theirs.

Try again next year.
>>
>>5307416
I did it last year and sent out a great gift.

>>5307418
>>5307420

Last year it closed Dec 1st, why did it change?
>>
>>5307424

To make sure people had more time. If you checked /toy/ in the last 2 months you would have known about it
>>
>>5307424
non-Amazon orders can take a while to arrive, especially for japanese stuff. The early cutoff is to make sure people have a good amount of times to get their orders in
>>
>>5307435
Yeah, this. I don't have any of my japanese orders yet, and I paid extra for EMS.

I'm lucky if I can get these out on next weekend.
>>
File: IMG_3289.jpg (241 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3289.jpg
241 KB, 1600x1064
Thank you Max! also i dont care where you got them you spent your hard earned money on some guy you dont know and for that i am thankful. you rock. pic for proof. and merry christmas!
>>
>tfw got too many gifts
>>
>>5307428
>checked /toy/ in the last 2 months

You're full of shit, last time I checked /toy/ was the beginning of November and I saw nothing.
>>
>>5307456
he's not, I think the thread lasted a couple days (maybe a week or two) or so and there were consecutive threads too
>>
>>5307456
The cut-off was pretty much the beginning of november, anyway.

If you ask me, the cutoff was too fast. No one should have Christmas on their mind the week of Halloween, when sign-ups began. This Santa was also completely preoccupied with other things for a week so assignments weren't even sent out until the middle of November. That's a whole extra week more people could've signed up during.
>>
>>5307502
I think it makes sense to get things going earlier, honestly. Waiting until there are practically three weeks left doesn't leave a lot of time.
>>
Late-anons why don't you organize you own SS then? I wouldn't mind being in another one as long as shipping is domestic(It's too late to get together a gift and ship overseas for me).

Just an idea.
>>
>>5307504
Not really, I always ask for someone inside the US and I don't mind paying extra for shipping. My gift last year arrived the week I sent it out which was a week and a half before christmas.

It worked out fine for me. From what it sounds like this santa isn't too competent, last year's santa did a decent job I thought.

If Santa is around, I say he open up requests until Dec 1st and the new folks can do each other, like >>5307532 suggested.

I mean hell, model kit general doesn't even cut off their sign ups until December 8th. It's silly it was this early.
>>
File: Capture.png (29 KB, 684x257) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
29 KB, 684x257
>>5307256
And its deliveired
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>5307666
Got your something Santa! Thank you! They sent me a cool vibrating speaker. I'm excited l test this out and see how it works!
>>
>>5307534
I'm sure calling him incompetent will make him really want to help you
>>
>>5307692
He doesn't need to set it up if he doesn't want to. Someone else who's interested can do it too.
First you just need to see who else wants to do a late sign up and send out gifts to each other.

I'm only commenting on the fact someone said Santa neglected sending out emails for a week which didn't allow other people to sign up.
>>
>>5307534
Hey, thanks for letting me know about Model Kit General and their Secret Santa. I just signed up!
>>
>>5307451
Oh yay
Glad you like it, friendo.
>>
>>5307723
>I'm only commenting on the fact someone said Santa neglected sending out emails for a week which didn't allow other people to sign up.

That's bullshit, stop spreading bullshit. Sorry you're butthurt that you didn't join the free stuff giveaway but complaining isn't helping your case.
>>
>>5307878
You're the only one who sounds butthurt to me.

>>5307738
Should have said Gunpla General, but they do non-gundam kits there too. Mecha model kits, but yeah, cool to see someone else signed up.
>>
>>5307894
>pointing out that spreading negative hearsay is bad = butthurt

Yes, obviously
>>
>>5307894
To be honest, I'm a bit new to the Gunpla scene. I've really only built one kit, and that was with a friend during last years xmas.
>>
How do I join this secret Santa? I am not into receiving but more into giving gifts. Me and my wife want to show our son that this time a year is about sharing and giving to others. Is there a link or somethin? Thank you in advance
>>
>>5307950
The deadline for this one was awhile ago. Sorry m8
>>
>>5307950
The sign ups are over but there are anons who were late to sign up that still want to participate that you could exchange with.
>>
>>5307950
Could contact santa about being a backup santa for someone should they get grinched.
>>
>>5307950
Its too late to join, but maybe you could contact santa and ask him if you can be a back up for the people who got grinched.

His email is [email protected].
>>
>>5307964
I will send him an email thanks guys
>>
I wish I was able to participate this year, but then some bullshit flew into my face and I had to withdraw.
>>
>>5307992

this is the first year I've had the money to be able to do it
>>
>>5307534
>it sounds like this santa isn't too competent
What the actual fuck are you talking about? This years 'Santa' is by far the best I have ever seen and I'm not even part of it this year. So shut the fuck up.
>>
>>5308011
>compared to last year's
>>
>Girlfriend just sent me a pick of a big ass stack of wrapped gifts for me.
>Got a ps4 on the way
>Got a nice ass /toy/ soldier shopping for me
Man, this christmas is gonna be swell.
>>
Just want to let Korbo in TX know that I have one more item coming in a shipment to me which should be here by the end of next week, then I'll be shipping your stuff out to you!
>>
Man my santee dropped off the face of the fucking Earth.

Gift was delivered a week ago and I never saw anything in the thread or heard anything back.

Hopefully he's not just taking his gifts and bailing out of the thread. Not gonna affect me but would suck for another santee.
>>
>>5306242
why not just give us all that gift and post that pic here instead?
>>
>>5308032
Last year's santa was so bad he quit and someone else took over if my memory serves correctly.
>>
>>5308216
What was his name?
>>
>>5308301
Your memory serves completely wrong. My emails between him and me last year prove you wrong as well.
>>
File: IMG_2891[1].jpg (91 KB, 750x393) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2891[1].jpg
91 KB, 750x393
>>5308301
>>5308503

Yeah, I don't remember any issues with Santa last year.
>>
>>5307684
That looks neat. Just to make sure, you are a girl right? I don't want to get you something that is completely off mark.
>>
To Robert C in VA I just sent your gifts out yesterday, and picked up the other gift ya got me. It's kick ass! Thanks some much m8. Just thought I'd give ya a quick update while I'm free.
>>
>>5308539
>Implying my Christmas wish isn't to be the little girl
>>
>>5308539
Yeah I am! I thought it'd be obvious with my name.
>>
>>5308525
holy shit that's the stuff I sent last year! This gives me the warm fuzzies.
>>
>>5308223
I just reusing shipping boxes.

Turn a free FedEx EXPRESS Box inside out (TAPE IT/Glue it) and send it ground or USPS
>>
NL in CA. Waiting on the one last thing then I am getting your box all packed up!
>>
>Estimated time of arrival: tomorrow 9 AM
>will be away at least until Wednesday

You just had to rub it in, postal service. You couldn't have it there last Friday.

And Santa why aren't you responding I sent you email.
>>
>>5308216
Maybe he's waiting for Christmas.
>>
So, sound off, how many people WANT to do a late sign up that goes until Dec 1st or 2nd? (Maybe the 8th?) How many of us are there?

I'd like to know if there are any empty spots from people who dropped out from Santa too, but he hasn't replied to my email yet.

Who else is out there?
>>
>>5309021
>8th
Not judging you since I have no need for this, but you're really cutting this close.

That would only leave a week or so for shopping and shipping, and if you have to order something internationally, it probably won't arrive in time.

Just my two cents
>>
>>5309031
Do you honestly need all that time? It only took me a day to get my present ready.

You also realize other Secret Santas in /toy/ go until the 8th as well right?
>>
>>5309040

Considering a lot of people have to order from Japan and ship internationally yes people do need time
>>
>>5309090
>Considering a lot of people have to order from Japan

Why is everyone asking for toys that can only be exported from Japan? That didn't happen last year, I asked for things that could be gotten easily off amazon or in the store. Jesus christ guys, over seas toys are not something you ask for in secret santa, if you want that so badly order it yourself. It's not supposed to be such an involved activity, its just sending some cheer someone's way. The important part is sending a nice card and some little extras like candy or toy accessories; make it personal. Come on.

I highly doubt so many people ordered over seas, I also believe that last minute folks wouldn't be so stupid as to ask for gifts that need several extra weeks for shipping.
>>
>>5309120

Not everyone, but there's something like 90 people participating and the wish list could be literally anything /toy/

I don't know why you have such a problem with people getting in early other than you were too late.
>>
>>5309120
>Waah you're doing it wrong way and my way is the correct one
>>
If late people really want to do it so badly can't they just give each other their emails and send gifts? Not like you NEED Santa to organize it for you.
>>
>>5309136
All I wanted was Santa to tell me if there are open spots from drop outs.

>>5309123
>>5309127

The only problem I have now is the knowledge that assholes like these are participating in this.
>let's be greedy!
>let's exclude people!
>I'm in it, you're not, lol!

oh please... this isn't a contest or your opportunity to force someone else to get you something over seas that you can't bother to get yourself, yes, you should be reasonable, that's not unusual to expect
>>
>>5301749
Cut his dick off
>>5303102
Happened to me a few years back on this thing. Don't know how it was this year but in the past we had price brackets and I was in the 150-200 range or something like that. Sent the guy a bunch of great things spending over that then he sent me two figures that you find at Walmart for 10 bucks.
>>
>>5309144
And that right there is why the price bracket format was removed, and a spending limit slapped on.
>>
>>5309120
This whole year has had way more of a selfish focus on getting rather than receiving. Way too many people crying about not being namedropped(that's not even a necessity, you just have to go by the honor system).

That said, its nott oo hard to get import stuff with clever spending nowadays. I got a DBZ figure from barnes and Noble for less than $30 with some clever coupon usage for my SS this year.
>>
>>5309148
What was the limit?
>>
>>5301749
Please toss something to the guy your asshole friend grinched. some poor bastard might be spending $100s on someone just to get nothing in return.
>>
File: kanbarudance.gif (454 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
kanbarudance.gif
454 KB, 500x500
>>5308978

I'm hype! I'll be sure to post pictures with the hornets and everything.
>>
>>5309143

The cutoff is there so people can get their gifts in time, not to exclude people who don't check /toy/ ever.
>>
>>5309143
You're aware there's a world outside of America, right? There are people in the pool from Asia and Europe, overseas transactions are going to be inevitable no matter what people are putting on their wish lists.

What's unreasonable is asking someone to pay expedited shipping on a parcel from Singapore to New York on 30 dollars worth of toys so it arrives on time because you weren't paying attention to when this was being organized.
>>
>>5309120
>Why is everyone asking for toys that can only be exported from Japan?

"Everyone" isn't asking for toys from Japan, dipshit.

People provided lists of what they wanted, and it was up to the buyer on whether or not they wanted to buy a more expensive item, or if they wanted to buy the cheap, easy items.

My person had a list of about 10 items. Half of which were $20-$30 items that were easy to get off of Amazon, and half of which were slightly more expensive import items. (Like, $30-$50 items)

I bought three items off the list, two of which were import items.

Some of you guys are working awfully hard to try to make this SS sound really bad, when so far it hasn't really been at all.

Chill the fuck out and let the buyers get what they want for their santee.
>>
>>5309172
And I got my gift in on time when I shipped it the week before christmas. There is really no reason extending the deadline is a problem, and yes I did check, the only secret santa I saw posted early was Gunpla's and they post early every year.
>>
>>5309181
>What's unreasonable is asking someone to pay expedited shipping on a parcel from Singapore to New York on 30 dollars worth of toys so it arrives on time because you weren't paying attention to when this was being organized.

Pretty sure I didn't ask anyone to do that, or anyone any year I did secret santa.
>>
>>5309240

Good for you, you are not everyone else.
>>
>>5309240

And then next week we get a influx of more people saying WE DIDN'T SEE THIS. THERE'S NO REASON WE CAN'T EXTEND THE DEADLINE. I CAN GET IT DELIVERED ON the 23rd!

The thread was up and active daily for a good while. If you frequented /toy/ you saw it. We're not going to change the rules that 100 other people followed because one person makes a ruckus. If you want to send/receive something find another person who missed the deadline and exchange info.
>>
>>5309120

truth. its a consideration for your santa and half the fun is giving general ideas (ie 'i like marvel/ninja turtle things) and then seeing what the santa ends up getting you.
otherwise this would just be 'everyone post your wishlist and get something you're expecting'

also, this was my first year and i had a lot of fun with it (alexis p your stuff should be arriving dec 2) and i kinda want to take part in this late comers one but i gotta prioritize my nieces and nephews first.

>tfw mom said they werent getting my 4yo nephew anything
>texts me today saying they're getting new carpet

fuckin a. christmas became less and less important in my family as i got older and now its just kinda meaningless there but fuck man, it still needs to be a special time for the little ones.
>>
>>5309244
>move the registration deadline up so we don't even know what to get until well into december because I just need to ship my stuff to the next state over
>People with overseas santees find some nonexistent way of getting your stuff shipped on time without having to spend more on shipping than you did on your gifts

Of course you didn't ask anyone to do that, it's clearly never been your problem.
>>
>>5309289
Do you use common sense?
Is December 2nd well into the month?
Are people that anal about a gift arriving before Christmas that they need it before it's even December? Because that's what I've seen so far.

No, I don't expect someone shipping over seas to send their gift with double the shipping costs to get a gift on time for Christmas. One year I didn't get my gift until February (although that was because their parcel was trapped in customs and they shipped late). I'm not expecting everyone to want that and I'm sure they don't, but if you set up an exchange now, yeah it can happen, yeah you can say "it won't arrive until the week after christmas" "sure that's ok, thanks for sending something". There is nothing that says you NEED it by christmas.

But the point is, going "you missed out, you missed the deadline, you don't pay attention" I've done SS for the past 3 years and I've never seen the deadline close at the beginning of november before, not even during past years when I just watched the threads before I got involved.

There is also nothing unreasonable about finding out if anyone dropped out so other people can jump in and fill the gaps.

And your problem should not be a problem for anyone that wants to exchange now, because they WON'T ask for a santee they can't commit to. It's that simple.
>>
>>5309326
>There is nothing that says you NEED it by christmas.

What's the fucking point then.
>>
>>5309326
You seem really upset about this, and it's for something that is supposed to bring people joy.

Can't you take a step back, and see how ridiculous your actions look? No one is going to cave, you missed out.

Just walk away anon.
>>
>>5309326
Holy shit you are the whiniest, most entitled person I've ever seen. I know /toy/ is a bunch of man children, but shit you take the cake
>>
File: 1420927776615.jpg (99 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
1420927776615.jpg
99 KB, 500x341
>>5309326
Just let it go dude.
Drop a throwaway email and late the other late comers message you. Organize your own SS and stop being so cranky.
>>
>>5309187
I collect mostly import toys but made sure there was some that were on Amazon for cheap so you didn't have to import them. I included a bunch that were much much cheaper if you imported them but didn't have to.
>>
>>5309326
Should I call you a whambulance?
Want some french cries with that whamburger?
>>
>>5309326
I think there are some holiday discounts on prep H for that butthurt, anon.
>>
>>5309399

I got go for some french cries, they come pre salted
>>
File: 1441043979968.png (98 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1441043979968.png
98 KB, 450x450
>>5309361
>What's the fucking point then

Being nice.
>>
>>5309362
>>5309364
>>5309386
>>5309399
>>5309405

>they actually think I'm angry
Nothing in my post suggests it. Why are you so angry someone wants to give someone else a gift now? Is it encroaching into your secret [spoiler]santa[/spoiler] club? Whether I'm in this one or not, I'm already in other /toy/ secret santas, so why would I be angry?
Take a step back and look at yourselves, I say, why so defensive?
>>
>>5309423

Probably because you're insulting people and calling Santa inept because you missed the deadline.
>>
File: 1447441312788.gif (1 MB, 540x320) Image search: [Google]
1447441312788.gif
1 MB, 540x320
>>5309423
>we're defensive
>even though we aren't the ones writing walls of text complaining and insulting people

Oh I am laffin
>>
>>5309444

Kekfish best monsume
>>
>>5309423
The Backdown 3, A Good Day To Back Down.
>>
File: 1448820489241.jpg (72 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
1448820489241.jpg
72 KB, 800x820
>>5309449
>1/12 monster monsume never
>>
I just don't understand how you miss the thread?

Did you just not go on /toy/ at all in the month of November?
>>
>>5309468
It's to be expected that there's an increased interest when people start posting what they've received.
>>
Lesson of the season: Don't Whine, be kind/generous, and cut the crap with the high expectations for an anonymous gifter.
>>
File: 1447900797244.jpg (36 KB, 400x447) Image search: [Google]
1447900797244.jpg
36 KB, 400x447
>>5309527
As long as I don't get grinched I'll be fine
>>
>>5309541
I'm anticipating it, really.
>>
>>5309541
>>5309560
Don't feel down friends
Got like a month left.
>>
>>5309326
>Are people that anal about a gift arriving before Christmas that they need it before it's even December? Because that's what I've seen so far.

So set up a gift exchange in the new year or something instead of bitching and moaning about missing the deadline for secret santa. If you don't care about receiving a christmas gift on christmas why get your panties in a twist over a christmas gift exchange?
>>
>>5309541
>>5309560

All these kind of posts do is point out who entered this solely for the chance that they could spend the minimum and luck out with a Santa who gifts them a shitton.

If getting grinched was something you had a serious problem with you should have been buying yourself what you wanted and not participating.
>>
>>5309588
>I'm not even hiding the fact that I signed up for this explicitly to grinch, but it's your fault.

If you're not being an antisocial prick and putting in your fair share there's no reason that stuff should be bothering you.
>>
>>5309601

Half your post sounds like it's agreeing the other half sounds like it's attacking.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.