[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm tired of Fwoosh reviews. It's all or samples &
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 1500x825) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 1500x825
I'm tired of Fwoosh reviews. It's all or samples & glossed over problems.

What are some better tiy review sites?
>>
>>5301111
They don't call him terror claws for nuttin'
>>
>>5301107
I really need to learn to proofread.
>>
>>5301107
Most sites dedicated to toy reviews are going going to gloss over problems and make the toy seem better than it is.

These places rely on product samples to stay in business and there for are reluctant to give poor or honest reviews for fear that their free toy supply will be cut off.

There are some truly fan generated reviews but they are generally poor quality and hard to find.

If you watch video reviews I recommend watching them with the sound turned off and actually LOOK at whats happening with the toy to identify any issues with it.
>>
>>5301120
Thanks. I can't stand video, but sound off is a good idea!

There are tons of toy sites. Do they all get samples? I need to start a toy site...
>>
>>5301124
>There are tons of toy sites. Do they all get samples?
The big sites that review new toys as soon as, or before they are released do. The fwoosh, collection dx, most of the big time youtube personalities, kuma style, ect.

Some of these people have actually been caught up straight up shilling.
>>
>>5301107
While Pixel Dan is pretty forgiving about things, he does point out problems if there are any on his review samples.
>>
>>5301132
Like people who both praise PAKs and retain sponsorships from BBTS?
>>
>>5301132
So what sites do you frequent?
>>
>>5301167

What's a PAK?
>>
>>5301188
Play Arts Kai, a toyline by SquareEnix.
>>
>>5301183
>So what sites do you frequent?
I use a feed Reeder that aggregates feeds from several places.

For reviews I mostly just look at pictures and watch reviews from multiple sources and look for the common themes.
>>
>>5301107
Itsalltrue.net
Doomkick.com
Battlegrip.com
Mwctoys.com

There were a few good sites that are gone now. Poeghostal.com doesn't update anymore, but you can still look at his old reviews.

The only site on my list that receives product samples is MWCtoys, but I feel he's still fair at pointing out the issues.
>>
MWC is the standard, yeah.
>>
>>5301120
Same problem with Video game reviews, one of the more popular video creators should try and get a patreon going so they can cut themselves off from needing review samples, might be too niche a market though.
>>
>>5301506
these and also preternia.com
>>
Preternia is pretty great

Nerditis too
>>
>>5301107
Pixel Dan, while kinda giving off the used car salesman vibe is pretty informative.

For transformers, I usually to with shartimus, even if I find his persona to be rather annoying because his are also fairly informative. Just avoid optibotimus unless you wanna hear him spend most of the review glossing over things that bother him but are "not that big of a deal" usually related to cannon or the original versions of things.
>>
>>5303614
Toy reviewers have been trying to do that and have been failing miserably except TJOmega who started that shit and made it out with $350+ somehow. Vangelus is barely past the $100 mark last time I checked.

If you're reviewing toys it shouldn't be a "job" worthy of a patreon.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.