[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /toy/, I normally don't go out of my house on Thanksgiving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 300x279
Hi /toy/, I normally don't go out of my house on Thanksgiving of Black Friday unless I'm going to work. My job being closed I'm not going out on Thanksgiving at all.

I just had a facebook argument with a young lady I work with who's planning on going shopping on Thanksgiving once the stores open up early.
I pointed out to her that this action will only help to one day push the idea that there's no need for businesses to be closed on Thanksgiving because the companies are losing too much money.

I got this in reply

"I'm going cause I want to go. If they don't want to work in a job that expects them to be there on that day they should go to school and get a better job."

It was at this point that I removed myself from the conversation. I was done. Such a heartless thing to say about total strangers.

I'm not and will never go shopping on Thanksgiving. I don't want to be responsible for some poor working mother having to give up a day that she could be spending at home with her family just so I can save money on toys.
>>
10 years ago not a single store was open on Thanksgiving.

10 years from now, once Trump is in power and strengthens businesses, shopping on Thanksgiving will be legally required.
>>
If you live in or near a major city, why the hell would you brave the battlefield of ThanksFriday?

Seriously, we've had knife-fight horror stories in past threads, tramplings, etc. The only reason the retail chains extend it into Thanksgiving is to try and spread out some of the madness rather than concentrate it at 8 AM Friday morning.
>>
Even if one person decides not to go, many other people will be shopping on Thanksgiving. So then the thinking is "Why should I miss out on the best sales and then not even make a difference?"

Personally, I don't mind working on Thanksgiving, but I also don't do family stuff or anything. My workplace pays us 150% more than usual if we work on Thanksgiving and/or Black Friday so I usually end up taking the shifts of people who don't want to work those days too. Obviously not every workplace is like this, but just know that retail workers aren't being completely fucked over here.
>>
>>5300422
Don't stores pay employees who work on holidays extra? I think I remember hearing about that, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>5300422
Keep this faggot crap on Facebook where it belongs. Nobody here gives a shit about what you think OP. This isn't your fucking personal blog.
>>
>>5300866
This

>>5300422
We aren't tumblr or reddit you bumbling fuck. Better read this before that pie eating trigger happy mod deletes my post that might hurt your widdle feewings.

That person has a point. If you don't want to work that day, go find another job. Its literally one day out of the year, and people are complaining because they feel they deserve the day off. Fun fact. Its. Just. Another. Day. Just because a bunch of retards watch football and stuff themselves with food doesn't change that fact.

I'm going shopping on Delicious Thursday and Black Friday, because that's what I do. We get our shopping done on those days. I don't go out "to get toys" because im not a child. One day maybe you'll understand that, but probably not because you are probably a neet with social anxiety and fingerless gloves.
>>
>>5300514
In Australia we do but we don't have a black friday.

Same argument though, but I work those days.

I have no family and I like my money, provided work decides to actually put more staff power on rather than be stingy, second they do I claim "family reasons".

Its almost suicide being the only floor staff in retail, fuckin 'stralya
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.