[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boss Fight HACKS Series 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 18
So Boss Fight sent two people to China for a week to speed up the process. Most figures are already at 99% correct before official production.

Will they come before Xmas? Doubtful. Probably January 2016. The bagged accessories are now boxed because the swords would poke through the bag. Several new Skeleton colors and Blank figures will be for sale in their online store separate from the Kickstarter figures.

Official Prices and Pre-orders to be announced "soon", so expect it early December. Card art still looks like shit. The card bubbles are cheap crap with gaps just so you can remove the plastic and keep the cardback.

US shop Kokomo Toys and some UK shop have an exclusive Amazon Warrior you can pre-order right now. Free shipping at least with the US shop.

NJCC is getting an exclusive "Ultimate Spartan", no word how other people can get it. There is also a con 2-pack Boss Fight will take around, but they mostly go to New England shows, GI Joe Con, and Botcon.
>>
>>5300234
>>
>>5300237
>>
>>5300239
>sadly this is one of the halfway decent card arts
>>
>>5300241
>>
>>5300243
>>
>>5300246
>>
>>5300241
>then you have this shit
>>
>>5300248
>>
>>5300251
Nice to have bios on there, but I love that they're putting photos of other figures in the line on the cardback.

>>5300248
>>5300246
I am worried that these guys won't be able to stand up on their own, though.
>>
>>5300283
>I am worried that these guys won't be able to stand up on their own, though.
The final version will be able to. These are Test Shot figures so they're still being tweaked. The baby blue version of the Skeleton from earlier in the year was 3d printed and that could stand on its own already
>>
>>
>>5301156
>>
>>5301158
>Blank figures
>>
these are 3 inches ish correct?
>>
>>5301207
1/18 figures tend to be close to 4", as adult human height is around 6' typically(a bit shorter, but not 4'6", which is what 3" is the 1/18 scale version of)
>>
So sideways cards??? Interesting. I know they're not slave to retail but I'm thinking carded collectors might have a hard time with that.

Also get a wierd Palasades vibe from the package as well.
>>
>>5301214
hence the ish, if these were six inches I would have payed more attention to the project.
>>
>>5301233
>paid
And that's nice, we'll enjoy them for you.
>>
>>5301230
The packaging was originally just an excuse to pad the prices of the Kickstarter. They planned to drop it at one point and people bitched until they went forward with the actual packaging. These are the cheapest things they could pull off.
>>
The card art look too deviantArt
aka ugly
>>
File: Box Art.jpg (343 KB, 1600x1390) Image search: [Google]
Box Art.jpg
343 KB, 1600x1390
>>5301441
Actually, packaging is a pretty big cost for the toy overall.
There's a graphic that was used for one of their shareholder books that shows how much Hasbro pays for all the components for each toy (plastic, metals, electronics, labor, prototypes, etc) and the packaging makes up about 1/3rd of the total cost for each toy.

Producing original art + hiring a graphic artist to make the packaging + printing out full color heavy stock paper + plastic bubbles are fucking expensive.
There's a reason why Hasbro's new packaging is just pictures of the toy and standardized text now, because it's way fucking cheaper that way.
>>
>>5301703
I'm not saying your wrong, I believe it...
But that design work could be easily done in 1hr. Photos, editing, etc. Especially when it's an established series and you just copy the previous figure's package but replace the photos and bio with the new character.

I'm fully content with either a plain box or bag & header card.
>>
>>5301160
blanks with hair feel weird when it's a solid color
>>
I'm new to this, so I have two questions.

A: Is there a neon green transparent skeleton?
B: If so, how do I get it?
>>
>>5301160
interesting
>>
>>5301794

>Expecting design work to be done in 1 hour

Sure, if you want it to be shitty. Even the most basic logo goes through multi-stage process of multiple proof designs the client chooses from to help narrow down something good. For every design you see on a package, there were 20-80 you didn't that were thrown out.

And that's not just for logos. That's also for basic layouts of text and graphics, too.
>>
>>5300387
Okay, good.
>>
>>5300234
I've been excited as fuck to get my hands on them. Unfortunately I can see it is going to be hard for non backers.
>>
>>5302393
I really hate the Kickstarter method of funding things. First you have to be aware that something is being floated, then you have to gamble that the project will go through, THEN you have to hope the finished product will look and function as well it's meant to.
>>
>>5302594
>I really hate the Kickstarter method of funding things
Right? Good thing it's entirely voluntary. Since you hate it so much, you are able to completely ignore it at no cost to yourself! :^)
>>
>>5300234
I haven't been following this much and don't know much about kickstarter stuff. These will be available even if I didn't back them? If they are, what places sell them?
>>
>>5301794
Like the other guy said, it would be a really shit job if they don't hire a proper designer, and you're only describing the guy who does design for the box.
Getting an artist to produce original art is almost as costly as the sculptor doing the figure itself.

Without the original art, the cost is brought down significantly, which is why Hasbro ditched doing this, but whatever is left to do with the package (photos, font, arrangement), the price is likely still above buying the materials or the slave labor.

I really miss the original art, since Hasbro was pretty much the last toy company who made great packaging. Everyone else is pretty cheapo photos of the toy and fonts.
>>
>>5302606
>mattel does it for years with heman
>its okay when kickstarter does it

:^)
>>
>>5302666
bandai makes excellcent toy photogrpahy for their figuarts and dumbshities
>>
>>5302656
here:
>>5287022
>figures will be for sale in online store
>We’ll also begin taking pre-orders soon for those of you that missed out on the Kickstarter
>>
>>5302674
cheapshit packaging is cheapshit
It's lazy as fuck and goes straight into the trash, just like Hasbro's newest packaging.
>>
>>5302680
Nice! Thanks, anon
>>
>>5302698

Did they actually just use the same box for both female characters? LOL women literally cannot ever win
>>
>>
>>5302594
Yes. My problem is I just learned about them when the KS was done and gone. Now I would punch myself.
>>
What scale are these guys
>>
>>5304174
Read the thread.
>>
>>5304174
4 inches, 1/18ish
>>
File: HACKS-Coral-Snake-Gorgon.jpg (1 MB, 1519x2048) Image search: [Google]
HACKS-Coral-Snake-Gorgon.jpg
1 MB, 1519x2048
>>5304171
They're still goign to continue selling and producing them, so you have another chance to get them.
The kickstarter only gets you the figures early and with a discount. That's it.
>>
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.