[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
first gokin shredder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
who has the first gokin krang is it any good?
are you looking forward to shredder?
>>
>>5299996
Krang is good except for the stupid hands (soft rubbery plastic). I'm definitely picking that Shredder.
>>
Krange is awesome. Looks incredible. Hips articulation is limited and while the hands LOOK amazing, the soft rubber is annoying. I'd still recommend it to anyone. Probably skip shredder though. Too tall.
>>
File: DO_WANT_(BB).jpg (24 KB, 411x309) Image search: [Google]
DO_WANT_(BB).jpg
24 KB, 411x309
DAT KRANG
>>
Is there an estimated release date for shredder yet?
>>
>>5299996
Where can I pre-order this?
>>
>>5300323
>>5300619

Nothing yet. Lunar Toy Store, which kinda made the first Gokin TMNT really popular, said they haven't heard anything yet.

I haven't been this excited for a toy in years. The NT-01-S is up at LTS. Anyone getting it? The chrome doesn't bother me too much ;after all, it *is* a robot.
>>
>>5300681
Damn, ordered in the old edition last week not knowing about this, I think it's pretty cool that they have tried to rectify some of the flaws of the previous build though.

>>5299996
Shredder looks good, I'm not sure if this is still the case but the early mold that they have shown off (the photo you have provided is a CG estimate) show a weird line pattern on the legs that I find a little offputting. I will have to wait until a fully painted version is shown to judge, but that may be a deal breaker for me.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (49 KB, 416x472) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
49 KB, 416x472
>>5299996
I can't get down with those textured grooves in his armor, looks awful to me. And his eyes look comically surprised in the non-lit-up pic.
>>
>>5299996
Where can I get either of these?!
>>
>>5299996
I was so set on getting this shredder since he was probably the only decent one we were getting, but now that figuarts is making show turtles I'm not so sure. Do I wait and see if we get a cheaper one from them or bet all on Gokin?
>>
>>5302575
I'm glad Bandai is making Turtles, but not so glad it's the show version.
>>
>>5302575
Well, that depends. Assuming Figuarts does a show Shredder it will probably look like he did in that show, which aesthetically doesn't really match with the classic turtle line that playmate released, personally my collection suits the more serious Gokin design so I'm happy to pick that up.

>>5301990
Shredder isn't out yet, you can preorder the new version of this Krang figure at lunartoys.

I picked up my Krang on ebay, once the shredder sells out from online storefronts (which it will, very quickly) your best bet would also be ebay.
>>
>>5302742
5 more years and the kids who grew up on the nick show should be old enough to start buying nostalgia figures, lol.
>>
File: fgturts.jpg (536 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
fgturts.jpg
536 KB, 800x534
First Gokin are making their own Turtles as well.
>>
>>5302792
I kind of hate those designs, If I wanted a more "modern" take on the turtles I'd invest in the official Kevin Eastman line coming out.

http://news.toyark.com/2015/08/06/threezero-talks-with-kevin-eastman-about-new-their-new-tmnt-figures-172639
>>
File: 1413236008521.jpg (37 KB, 534x532) Image search: [Google]
1413236008521.jpg
37 KB, 534x532
>>5302791
>>
>>5302791

And?
>>
>>5302792
those faces are so weird with those more serious bodies.
>>
>>5302783
Man, I wanna go down this rabbit hole so bad.
>>
>>5302742
It's kind of dodgy to call them true show versions. The original cartoon had a few quirks with its character model sheets and more often than not they'd have a hard line on their noses that represent very basic beaks. And their faces wouldn't always be as friendly and bubbly as the SHF prototypes. It would be an understatement to call the animation of the old cartoon a complete mess. So the SHF are more accurately described as the TMNT as they'd appear on merchandise and occasionally on the show.
>>
>>5303268
First 4 episode accurate then?
>>
>>5303268
That's true. Either way, still not my favorite iteration. And that's coming from someone who grew up with the show in the '80s.
>>
File: tmnt 80s vs 90s.png (1 MB, 1358x513) Image search: [Google]
tmnt 80s vs 90s.png
1 MB, 1358x513
>>5303359
LOL NO
The miniseries/movie would actually be when they're most on model, like the super high quality intro.

This guy has it right
>>5303268
>So the SHF are more accurately described as the TMNT as they'd appear on merchandise
And even then, the style you see on the Figuart turtles is from the 90s or later.
It's basically the Archie Comics style.
>>
I'd be all over them if they weren't so fucking big.
>>
>>5304802

They're in scale with the classis figures. Hell, Shedder's weapons are designed for them even.
>>
>>5304810
If I were to get Shredder (I won't, but "if") it would be specifically for the sake of pairing it with the Classics Collection. At a solid 6"+ in height the CC's are really closer to 1/10 scale than 1/12 by a considerable amount, so the huge gokin Shredder would be pretty tolerable.
>>
>>5304487
>basically the Archie Comics style

Nah, it's the modern "retro" stock art style popularized by Viacom when the property was sold. Pic related.
>>
>>5304810
Krang, sure, but not Shredder. He's too tall. Like at least an inch or two too tall.
>>
>>5304818
Shredder has often been portrayed as particularly tall, and the turtles short, to me I think the size difference is tolerable.
>>
>>5304830
Tolerable, maybe, but not necessarily accurate. I don't think it'll stop me from getting him, but it does chap my ass a little bit.
>>
>>5304834

Eh, I don't mind a hulking Krang and Shredder. I'll be using these with my NECA Turtles, so I already prefer my TMNT short and villains tall.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.