[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TFA stuff - You been buying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: test.jpg (10 KB, 297x170) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
10 KB, 297x170
Wondering if anyone has given in and bought anything from the new range and if anyone tried customizing the stuff? Seems pretty cheap and nasty to me so interested in seeing any successes.
>>
Star Wars General has been pretty pleased with the 6" Black Series figures.
>>>5288734
>>
I only buy the superior S. H. Figuarts because they meet my high quality standards.
>>
Star Wars is shit. They keep expecting us to buy the same characters over and over again for 30 years, and now it looks like they're angling for another 30 years of the same. At this point it feels like I'd be buying Arctic Armor Batman figures. I don't care how "nice" the Black Series is, it'll be PotF2 in no time so what's the point in even buying any.
>>
>>5298202
>not buying Arctic Armor Batman
>>
>>5298202
Fuck, at least Arctic Armor Batman would be different, it's just
>Luke
>Luke in different color clothes
>Darth Vader
>slightly different Vader
>Vader that is somehow worse than the previous two Vaders despite being newer
>another different color Luke

Original trilogy can go suck a dick, I got sick of seeing those faggots a decade ago.
>>
>>5298202
I never really had quality star wars figures so it's a good chance to get the classics: troopers, vader, ships, droids.
>>
>>5299027
They're not quality, though. Not compared to their respective toy peers, anyways. Hasbro SW is garbage because every damned variation of Luke is differently sized, same with Leia and Han. SHF SW is garbage with their awful sizing decisions and hobbled articulation compared to most any other major SHF sub-line. Revoltech SW... well, fuck, they're just Revoltechs, I don't even need to go any further with that one. Same as the PAKs. The only brand that is making decent SW figures is Medicom, and they're always a year behind everyone else with releasing characters so no one gives a shit about them.
>>
>>5299316
I've just been looking at the bandai kits which aren't the new stuff
>>
>>5299316
>well, fuck, they're just Revoltechs, I don't even need to go any further with that one
Also i haven't been disappointed with the revo eva 01 or mass production unit.
>>
I managed to get a preorder on HLJ for the Figuarts Kylo Ren, but I'll wait to see if I like the movie and character before I decide whether or not to keep the preorder or just sell it off for what I paid.
>>
>>5299316
>Medicom
>decent
heh
>>
>>5299578
Go on, you almost expressed a full thought.
>>
>>5297924
Only the titanium ships. The figures are way too expensive for what they are.
>>
Just bought a black series first order trooper. Looks pretty good, articulation is pretty limited but oh well.
>>
>>5299588
laughing is usually an involuntary reflex, especially when exposed to a contrary idea
>>
While at the store the other day I found the Micromachines in the SW section of the toys, and got hit with some nostalgia. I picked out a blindbag (seriously, for Micromachines?) and got Poe's X-wing, complete with bent-up nose and crossed blaster cannons. It both warms my heart and fills it with anger to know that Micromachines are still fumbling their spaceships into bent pieces of crap. It even came set in a little plastic holder that seemed designed to keep this from happening. Incredible.
>>
I really wanted to like SWB but nobody's carrying them. I saw the first two waves, eventually the third started to trickle in, then absolutely nothing. They're like a dozen waves in at this point. It's shameful how bungled the entire line has been.
>>
>>5300718
the elbows are improvable if you cut away the bit blocking the joint from going much further.
>>
>>5298202
>I'm mad that they kept releasing the same characters
>I'm also mad that now they're releasing new characters

What is it you want, exactly?
>>
>>5303520
You misconstrued the point that I was making. The whole idea of the franchise is to make shit that they will constantly resell us. It doesn't matter if it's 30 years ago, 15 years ago, this year, 10 years from now, or 30 years from now. They'll still be putting Han Solo on the shelf for you to buy over and over and over again. He'll just have new wave mates that, in time, will also be released over and over and over again. It's just garbage.
>>
>>5303653
>The whole idea of EVERY franchise is to make shit that they will constantly resell us.

Fixed that for you, as it's hardly something exclusive to Star Wars. Franchises are successful because of some hook that consistently appeals to people across generations, so of course a franchise will retread what has been proven to be popular, that's what makes it a franchise. For Star Wars, constantly remaking the same characters is about trying to draw in or appeal to new generations of collectors as much as it is trying to get man-children to re-buy them (especially for companies like Hasbro whose primary market is actual-children).

I know this should be very obvious, but you're making such a ruckus over your "point" that I can't tell if you think you've made some profound discovery or if you're just being grumpy. Oh, and just in case you weren't aware, you don't have to buy every Han Solo if you don't want to. ;)
>>
>>5303669
So... You're posing that final point of yours, when in the chain of responses I've made it clear that I am already aware of all that you're trying to express.

And you question my ability to see the obvious. Interesting.

You're trying to either paint me as an ignoramus or as somebody who views themselves as some grand sage, but you're just coming off as a flippant and facetious tool. Yes, I understand that that's the goal of every franchise. No, I am fairly sure that most everyone else also sees it. However, I would confidently say that you are in a state of delusion if you think that Star Wars is anything short of cancerous, and an aggressively severe one at that. Star Trek had the good graces to die as a toy property after Playmates made a more than satisfactory universe-spanning line up (and AA/DST and PAK found no success (and I doubt Mezco will attempt much beyond the A-listers)) but for some reason dullards such as yourself can't get enough of the idea of buying the same thing over and over again and taking every chance to gang-rape the rotting corpse of Star Wars every time Hasbro needs a quick buck and exhumes the corpse.

It's sick. You just have rotting flesh on your dick. What's your mental problem?
>>
File: cat-2197.jpg (128 KB, 858x1200) Image search: [Google]
cat-2197.jpg
128 KB, 858x1200
This is a dumb argument, can you post more pictures of toys on the toy image board?

I've gone kind of nuts for Captain Phasma stuff. Just ordered the Artfx statue and am currently dreading my inability to find an open preorder for the figuart. Fingers crossed on a re release.
>>
>>5303672
>Most Autistic Post of 2015 Nominee

>>5303281
I think one of my local stores still has over two dozen of wave 2/3 with thick layers of dust. Whoever arranged those waves really should have at least been demoted.
>>
>>5303478
As in cut from the upper part? I was planning on giving that a try when i get back to an exacto
>>
When is the Tie Pilot due? I'd like to get him along with the Fighter itself so I can have both pilots.
>>
File: P1150909.jpg (600 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
P1150909.jpg
600 KB, 1200x1600
>>5297924
I have one of the cheap Revell models of Poe's X-Wing. Not bad at all, good paint and a decent size.

I know it's not TFA, but the 1/12 Boba Fett kit is fucking awesome.
>>
File: P1150908.jpg (597 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
P1150908.jpg
597 KB, 1200x1600
>>5304575
"...'Do I feel lucky?'. Well, do you, punk?"
>>
>>5303672
You should just hide this thread and focus on discussing things you enjoy. It'll make you a happier person.

>>5304544
It's the next wave, so maybe it'll start to show in Dec/Jan.
>>
>>5303700
We haven't had wave 2/3 on shelves since early this year. It's just an empty space now. Same with deluxe TFs incidentally. Difficult to maintain interest like that. At this point I don't know if I'll preorder at BBTS if they ever get around to the 3-4 characters I still need.
>>
>>5304578
>>5304575
Even though you can't see their face, it looks so lifeless

The clothes look like they're made of clay. There are no wrinkles to show like it's able to move, like the clothes weigh 100lbs.
Their Darth Vader had the same issue.
>>
>>5303281
I hit up my local walmart tonight hoping to find one of those $30, 1500 block Lego boxes for my nephew and stopped by the Star Wars section to see what all they had. The Micro Machines and 3.75 stuff were all pretty well stocked, but the 6" Black Series were fucked. Nothing but a ton of Finns and a single Chewie tucked in the back.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.