[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Science!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: GilbertAtomicOpentrimmed.jpg (497 KB, 2371x2317) Image search: [Google]
GilbertAtomicOpentrimmed.jpg
497 KB, 2371x2317
>This toy is looked upon as being dangerous because of the radioactive material in the set, but Gilbert claims that none of the materials could conceivably prove dangerous.
>Came with Four Uranium-bearing ore samples, Alpha particles (Pb-210 and Po-210), Beta particles (Ru-106), Gamma rays (possibly Zn-65), Prospecting for Uranium — a book

Sets like this used to be cool as fuck. What happened!
>>
>>5297719
You could create better science kits out of material and chemicals you can find at the hardware store rather than the stuff they sell in kits today.
>>
>>5297719
Anything that could be dangerous is a no-no.
>>
>>5297723
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtntTvuv8Aw
>>
>>5297719
How safe is safe also what's the 10 grand reward for?
>>
File: shrinking childhood.jpg (272 KB, 736x800) Image search: [Google]
shrinking childhood.jpg
272 KB, 736x800
>>5297719
>What happened!

Progress.
>>
Why is Fallout the first thing that jumps in my mind seeing this?
>>
>>5300198
>Why is Fallout the first thing that jumps in my mind seeing this?
Because your only significant exposure to 1950s marketing styles is through the homages which the Fallout art designers created. You see artwork of a boy with combed hair next to an atomic symbol, and only have one media property to link it to.
>>
>>5299594
>That's what the United States Government will pay to anyone who discovers deposits of Uranium Ore! Full details in the book "Prospecting for Uranium", packed with this Atomic Energy Lab.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.