[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frame Robo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: framerobo.jpg (92 KB, 800x774) Image search: [Google]
framerobo.jpg
92 KB, 800x774
Anyone have experience with Bandai's Frame Robo toyline? Cheap as shit little model kits that transform from robots to weapons that other figures in the series can wield. They look kinda cool and they're retailing for ¥400.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23bnbi8QXfw
>>
>>5294633
God I love that guy's videos. He churns them out at a great pace and they're fun to watch.
>>
File: skirtM_LP.jpg (37 KB, 350x488) Image search: [Google]
skirtM_LP.jpg
37 KB, 350x488
>>5294633
I built the red one. It's okay. the "transformation" is not something you want to do many times as it is basically taking the whole thing apart and putting it back in different ways. The weapon mode is nice but only use some parts of the robot.

As a cheap robot model, it is pretty good

I wish it utilizes the pellermodel/RG frame pre-built-in-the-runners technology because that craziness should be used more
>>
File: 619nUQg+ECL._SY355_.jpg (14 KB, 310x355) Image search: [Google]
619nUQg+ECL._SY355_.jpg
14 KB, 310x355
>>5294648
Hmm, sound like they may be worth it at the pricepoint but I'm not really a fan of partsforming.

Man that Pellermodel is some nutty shit.
>>
>>5294691
Yeah, it was kind of dumb, but the technology behind it, I thought it would change Gunpla forever...but all it did was give you bits of the fancy frame pre-built in RGs, as far as I know.

Instead of a flat silhouette of a person, it was some cool robot or hero, it would be cool to collect.
>>
File: 10066684n.jpg (78 KB, 794x544) Image search: [Google]
10066684n.jpg
78 KB, 794x544
>>5294737
They used dual-injection molding in Keroro Gunsou kits before RGs. Also for inner frames.
>>
>>5294748
Oh yeah I made those Keroro-robo stuff back then. Completely forgot about them.

Still, I feel it's underutilized,
>>
>>5294633
He didn't even turn it into that axe.
>>
>>5294633
Ya, they're okay. Got them not long ago. Only built the blue one so far as the build isn't particularly fun. He looks pretty good and moves decently. Nowhere near as good as an HG in terms of movement and what not but it looks pretty good and is quite fun for the price. When they go on sale on HLJ I'd also get the Majin Bone model kits if you just want a fun kit. They're quite nice and have great movement and what not. The Fire Majin (the biggest one) is also quite a bit of fun. Too bad it didn't really succeed.
>>
>>5295391
>Majin Bone
I snatched a few on that sale. I Don't like their design, say compare to like LBX, Medarot, etc. But their construction seems neat.

So I guess Frame Robo is the current "model-kits for kids" brand? Like Majin Bone and LBX was...because there is no equivalent right now? I guess Majin Bone really failed hard so they changed the concept drastically.
>>
>>5295418
Pretty much. The Majin Bone show lasted something like 50 episodes but concluded then nothing more on the figure front. Not sure if the cards are still a thing. There were prototypes of more shown at one point but nothing came of them. Now these Frame Robos also have a show. They'll also get a second wave of kits. So we'll see where it goes.
>>
Are there any other kits around this price that feature poseable mecha with transforming or modular gimmicks?
>>
File: FIG-COL-7943.jpg (82 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
FIG-COL-7943.jpg
82 KB, 560x560
>>5295648
The "candy toy" market has some cheap kits like this. Maybe not as poseable as you want. Mojibakeru by Bandai has some mecha themed ones. Kabaya has many mecha stuff as well. I don't know if you can get them in singles.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.