[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when the hell are these supposed to be released?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
So when the hell are these supposed to be released?
>>
Several
>>
>>5287289
No
>>
>>5287282
>>5287289
I love the Mathematician's Answer.
>>
>no T-51
>no X-01
pass.
>>
do they open or are they solid?
>>
>>5287425
Yes.
>>
>>5287615
When?
>>
>>5287628
most of the time
>>
>no t51b
>no advanced power armor
>no NCR ranger

So they're really just going to use their own shitty new armors for all merchandising? At least that's the conclusion I'm coming to. Unfortunately it makes me think that obsidian won't be getting another chance either. Like they are quite satisfied with what they've done and intend on making the series their own.

God, how disappointing. At least, that's the vibe I'm getting from this, the funkos, and the fact that they felt the need to make 2 new armors that don't make any sense lore wise for their games.
>>
>>5287664
only t-60 and raider power armor is new. how does either not fit within the lore?
>>
>>5287673
I'm referring to t-60 and the t45 from fallout 3.

The brotherhood of steel were soldiers from California that used the power armor they were wearing from before the bombs dropped (the t51b) that they passed down to their children. In fallout 3 they all use the t45 which is some prototype armor that we never saw in the previous games. It makes no sense why they would all wear outdated armor, where they would find all that armor, or what happened to their old armor. Then fallout 4 comes along and adds the t60 and all of the above questions are doubled. Only the enclave have the resources to make their own and the rest were presumably destroyed when the bombs dropped. Only the small group in a bunker in California should have survived.

I totally understand that Bethesda wanted to make the series their own so they added their own armor. And that they needed a new design to sell the new game and so on. But neither armors make any sense in the games.
>>
>>5287688
The people in the bunker were not the only ones in the entire world with power armor, the brotherhood would logically find more armor in the wastes eventually.
>>
>>5287664
>it makes me think that obsidian won't be getting another chance either.
It lets Bethesda make money off their game twice, of course they'll do it again.
>>
>>5287664
The lack of NCR ranger armor really is bullshit, especially considering that it's better than all of Bethesda's own armor designs.
>>
>>5287698
Yes but the brotherhood was safe underground. Nobody else knew the attack was coming so they'd all be above ground in highly populated areas and would have gotten direct hits from nuclear bombs.

Can power armor survive a direct hit? Perhaps. But then they'd be left to fend for themselves for years with no food and harsh radiation. most of those armies would have gotten pretty badly damaged and nobody had the tools or know-how to fix them. And then it's still strange that there's so many pristine prototype armors in D.C. and nowhere on the west coast. And then even stranger that this brand new t-60 armor got shipped to Boston and only Boston. not D.C., not los Angeles, but Boston.

It's all... possible I guess. Just really bad writing that requires the player to imagine these vague scenarios just to cover the writer's ass, like that the brotherhood found 50 prototypes in a guy's basement in Virginia. But then they show up in New Vegas and Boston which complicates things. And they'll show up wherever the next games take place.
>>
>>5287700
See, I don't think so. Zenimax are turbojews who hate quality with a passion and they own the rights. They know Bethesda makes action games that appeal to the masses. Obsidian makes rpgs for nerds, and that causes a rift in the fanbase, and consumer confusion. Go to any YouTube comment section or other lowbrow area of the internet, its always "dude new Vegas sucked bro. Too much talking. It was really boring. Bethesda makes the best games in the world. FO1 and 2 look nothing like the new games... The graphics look like N64 LOL wtf"

I hope so badly that I'm wrong. I guess time will tell. I also hope I'm wrong and we get at least one advanced armor or ncr ranger fig. From any company even shit-ass funko I don't care.
>>
>>5287688
I don't remember the specifics of the t-45 power armor, but I'm willing to suspend my belief and think that somewhere between the west coast, and the east coast (including the citadel) they came across a prototype armor lab or development facility and were able to equip themselves with new armor. However, I'm not sure how the fuck they developed this new t-60x armor. I like it, I think it looks cool, but I have no idea how the fuck they manufactured it. Am I supposed to believe that they can make new power armor now because the new elder made them a military superpower? This better be addressed at some point in fallout 4, because if it is I haven't found out about it yet.
>>
>>5286448

It's 3A.

They'll fuck it up somehow.
>>
>>5288424
I thought it was threezero?
>>
>>5287664
>Unfortunately it makes me think that obsidian won't be getting another chance either.

I don't think that's really a certainty. New Vegas was great, and I imagine Bethesda wouldn't not make a game that's going to sell because there's people with nostalgia for the first two Fallout games from the 90's (including me) who want more West Coast stuff.

Of course I'd also like to see Mid West stuff too. No reason to not adapt Fallout Tactics into canon.
>>
>>5288310

I think the idea is that BOS effectively seized all the enclave's shit when they got BTFO in fallout 3 and were able to modernize their t-45 into t-60 by mushing bits together of advanced, hellfire, tesla and t-45 to make the new glorious t-60 without too much of an imagination stretch. That's how I rationalize the fact it looks very similar to t-45 but is better.
>>
>>5289907
is this related to the game and in no way toy related?
>>
>>5288483

They fuck shit up too.
>>
>>5289914

Go over to the biog thread and tell them to stop talking about the story in the films. Go over to the star wars thread and tell them to stop talking about star wars. Go kill yourself.
>>
>>5289921
not nearly as bad as 3A, though
>>
>>5287706
the combat armor or the patrol armor? i'm assuming the combat armor
>>
>>5287688
t45 isn't a prototype, shithead. 45 was the first power Armour deployed EVER.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.