[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /toy/ what do you think of these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 18
File: Mezco MKX.jpg (149 KB, 1224x470) Image search: [Google]
Mezco MKX.jpg
149 KB, 1224x470
I kinda want to get these, what do you think? I've never had previous experience with Mezco.
Also general Mortal Kombat Thread
>>
These are the only ones I found right now, kinda worried about the transparet parts
>>
File: cAssie Cage1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cAssie Cage1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>Kotal Khan but not Cassie

kill me lads
>>
>>5284846
Well I do think that the characters are paired up with an enemy
>Scorpion and Sub Zero
>Kotal Kahn and Kitana
>Raiden and Quan Chi
>>
>>5284836
The figures themselves are really just ok.

Admittedly I only have the Sub Zero, but he has single elbows and limited arm movement, and his clothing really gets in the way of any decent leg articulation as well, and the feet are also relatively limited. The heads are also a bit undersized for their bodies, though it looks like Raiden and Kitana have avoided this somehow.

It can be difficult to put them in a pose that doesn't look somewhat strange or stiff. Also, Sub Zero in particular has very small accessories, his ice sword and hammer are really undersized, though from what I've seen Scorpion and Raiden have appropriately sized weapons and such (with the exception of scorpion's kunai).

I'm not sure if the second wave has been released yet, though I think I have a vague recollection of them coming out in January I think, but like I said I'm not sure about that.

So all in all, if you want a super poseable MK figure, you shouldn't get these.

That said though, I personally really like all the attention to detail and design of the figures themselves. These are the most game accurate MK toys I've ever seen in regards to getting everything about their outfit just right. I have Sub Zero and i'll probably pick up Raiden at some point too, but I'm actually looking forward to the second wave more than the first. As far as I'm concerned the Kitana and Kotal Khan look fantastic and their outfits in particular should hinder their articulation a lot less than the wave one figures, though it looks like Quan Chi will have the same problems as the first lot.

If you want some MK figures that are going for an ok price and will mostly just have them standing there looking pretty, then these are good for that, but if you want well articulated and better engineered figures then these are not the right choice.

Hope that was helpful, anon.
>>
I've got the Black/Gold Scorpion and while the detail is very nice, the articulation is absolute garbage.
They're basically statues as they can't pull off any pose without it looking as though they're about to fall over.

Do they look nice? Yes, but aren't meant for much more than display. I'd recommend waiting on that new line that was shown off at NYCC which is 1/12 and had the Klassic Sub-Zero/Scorpion designs and a Goro Prototype.
>>
>>5284917
Thanks. Do you know what another good series/manufacturer would be?
>>
>>5284925
I love the Goro, but the Scorpion and sub zero figs are kinda Bleh.
>>
>>5284939
I can't remember who it was, but like >>5284925 said there was another line of 1/12 MK figures announced and shown off at the NYCC that had the classic games styling and looked to have a much higher grade of articulation and engineering, and one of the very first ones they'll be putting out is a huge four armed Goro.

I'll try and find the pictures from that and i'll post them here.
>>
>>5284943
I believe I've seen them. Probably going to get Goro. I don't much like the two klassic figures.
>>
>>5284943
Storm collectibles I believe is the companies name.

And yeah i'll be up for getting it too.
>>
File: DSC07029.jpg (146 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
DSC07029.jpg
146 KB, 1280x1920
>>5284954
>>
File: DSC07033.jpg (164 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
DSC07033.jpg
164 KB, 1280x1920
>>5284957
>>
File: untitled.png (631 KB, 496x721) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
631 KB, 496x721
>>5284976
>>
>>5284978
>>
Is Jazwares shit? Because I've heard a lot about it being crap. But there are x ray figures.
>>
I love the sculpting and paint and all the details and if they're the best MK figures we get for a while I am totally satisfied. They can get into enough poses for me personally.

Plus, solid glow in the dark Raiden is bad ass. He glows so bright in person!

My only regret is not getting the clear "ice clone" sub zero.Anyone have one for non-rape prices?
>>
>>5284998
How is the articulation?
>>
>>5285005
It's not really too bad imo. It's not /great/, but it's good enough. Sub Zero can put both open hands around his ice ball in front of him, Scorpion can pose with his chains and swords, etc. The biggest issue is hips, but they can all get into like the sidways fighting stances you see in the games. If I was at home I'd take some pictures, but I'm 8 hours away and won't be back until Wednesday.
>>
File: Cassie Cage2.webm (481 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cassie Cage2.webm
481 KB, 1280x720
>>5284954
>>5284957
>>5284976
>>5284978

>Cassie Cage figure never

Not even a Sonya or Johnny?
>>
They're alright. The details look really good but the articulation is a tad lacking. It's not as bad as the people in this thread are saying because you can get poses out of them, but don't be expecting to get them in crazy poses.

You can get them in decent fighting poses if you take enough time, even if it turns out a bit stiff looking. Then again, in the older games they moved rather stiffly so you could always use that as an excuse.
>>
>>5285039
I figure if these are doing well enough Sonya, Cage, and Lie Lang will be split between the next two three packs, probably 1 with 2 villains and a with 1 villain. Probably Shang Tsun in that wave too.

I would envision something like:
·Johnny Cage + Sonya Blade + Kano
·Liu Lang + Shang Tsun + Baraka

But that's just wishful thinking.
>>
File: 0918152038~2.jpg (2 MB, 2988x3897) Image search: [Google]
0918152038~2.jpg
2 MB, 2988x3897
Chain enthusiasts
>>
>>5286149
>So then I was like "GET OVER HERE!!"
>Ohh!....wait
>>
>>5284846
This

>main hero not getting a figure
Why?
>>
>>5286430

>generic blonde in catsuit over giant Aztec warrior demigod

Sorry, as cool as Cassie is, Kotal Khan is just so much cooler.
>>
>>5286439

>Kitana
>not Cassie

wew mezco
>>
>>5286149
They are also flame enthusiasts and skull head bros, new OTP headcannon created!
>>
>>5287927
I wonder if I could find a yellow 1/12 scale Kawasaki Ninja for Scorpion to ride. They could be buddies.
>>
File: eg35le.jpg (217 KB, 1034x1599) Image search: [Google]
eg35le.jpg
217 KB, 1034x1599
What's a good Jason figure?
>>
>>5288164

NECA are doing an Ultimate Part 6 Jason. I think Revoltech also did a great Jason if you want a 1/12 one
>>
File: NEC12760.jpg (28 KB, 751x564) Image search: [Google]
NEC12760.jpg
28 KB, 751x564
>>5288650
It's this one right?
>>
File: the Young Wolf.gif (2 MB, 534x300) Image search: [Google]
the Young Wolf.gif
2 MB, 534x300
>>5288785

Yeah, that's the NECA one.
>>
File: jzwMK.jpg (310 KB, 959x493) Image search: [Google]
jzwMK.jpg
310 KB, 959x493
y'know, i never got my hands on these.
anyone tired of theirs and want to sell them to me?
>>
>>5289174
You sure dude? They all have a weird scared expression.
>>
>>5289312
yeah, the crappy kind of look seems fitting for the classic palette swap characters. and i don't mind doing a little work on them if there are any issues i can't get past.
do you have a set?
>>
>>5289325

I biught the 5 ninja classic costume set with everyome except scorpion. Dont expect a lot from Jazwares. Paint stains and the pegs pop out. Also, the plastic isnt the best quality and the joints were tight. The figures are delicate, and not in the good way. AND the reptile figure has a leg that is stuck in a slightly bent position.
>>
>>5287937
That would be the shit right there!
>>
>>5284836
Are there any half naked sexy female characters ?
>>
>>5294194
Kitana is right in the anonop's pic. Unless you mean more half naked, in which case no.
>>
I'm hoping for Klassic MK figures at 4"

How fucked am I? I've got the Jazwares Klassics but like, Sub-Zero is Kuai Lang and I want a Bi-Han to go with him.

And just the entire MK1 cast in general.
>>
>>5291243
i still wouldn't mind, even with all those problems. just need a decent price.

anybody??
>>
>>5296353
The 6" MK1 ninjas get overproduced from chinabay. you can still get them cheaply and easily.
>>
So I guess the line is dead, but I bought the "previews exclusive" Sub-Zero cause he was all blue where his skin should be. Also he came with the daggers and the ice ball I wanted for my first "real" Sub-Zero. Yay spending $20 for the accessories...
>>
>>5296430
I don't really think it's dead. I mean, wave two should be out soon, then the redecos of those. I figure they'll announce wave 3 and 4 next year. Except Raiden, this wave has been consistently disappearing at TRU and comic stores around here.
>>
>>5284846
>>5285039
She demands figma ass technology
>>
>>5296697

No they confirmed on Twitter that the line has run it's course.
>>
>>5296726
Link?
>>
>>5296697

https://twitter.com/mezcotoyz/status/668157420875685888

It's dead, Jim.
>>
Good. Garbage game that no one asked toys for.
>>
>>5296732
This gon be the shortest goddamn MK toyline ever.

Netherrealm. go to Hasbro. Ask them for MK toys. Hasbro has the parts to do them justice.

Liu Kang from Quick Kick? done.
>>
>>5296745
just don't expect them to make any female characters.
>>
I just wanted Reptile, I would've been fine if the line died after that.
>>
>>5296751
Hell they can use the Marvel Universe Psylocke paintjob and buck and even head. slap some SDCC Jinx hair on her. Instant Kitana/Mileena/Jade/Tanya/Khameleon.
>>
>>5296766
That's not the point- the point is, even if they do make them, they'll be in such limited numbers that it won't matter. Hasbro hakes making female action figures.
>>
>>5296768
so does mezco by how terrible the line sold. its like they didnt event want to
>>
>>5296768
Bruh you're about ten years too late for that.

Walk into a store right now and you'll find Emma Frost in Marvel Universe, Spider-Gwen and a couple of others in Legends. Lady Jaye and Baroness in GI Joe. Scarlett in GI Joe. Wander over to the Transformers and you'll see an entire team made up of femmebots. In the pink aisle you'll see ponies. There's currently a Jem and the Holgorams line.

Females sell, and Hasbro knows it now.
>>
>>5296774
>Females sell
>Hasbro

oh wait you're talking about American garbage for uncultured swine. good thing figuarts knows whats what
>>
File: Captain Huhmerica.jpg (135 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Captain Huhmerica.jpg
135 KB, 1280x853
>>5296776
>Soft sculpts that are not quite offset by Legends-tier articulation and a sturdiness you could only expect from Figuarts. Iron Man gets a pas because Figuarts historically great at Humanoid robots.

Habro's figures are more detailed than Figuarts Marvels. Sad but true. And I'd buy Mafex if it weren't for things like the ASM2 hips and unmasked teenage Peter.

BUT.. Let's be fair. to draw a FAIR comparison between Hasbro's $15-20 figures and Japan's Marvels. Japan's figures would have to be represented by these for 4-inch figures like Universe. And Legends would not be up against Figuarts. It'd be up against Revoltechs. Figuarts would be more along the lines of 7-inch NECA movie figures.
>>
>>5296785
In closing: Point for low-priced figures: Hasbro. Point for higher-priced figures: Mafex or some shit but not Figuarts for damn sure.
>>
File: the sideshow is shit.jpg (115 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
the sideshow is shit.jpg
115 KB, 640x360
>>5296785
its nice knowing Japan hardly makes females unless its from some pedo shit. otherwise they made the superior battle droid in perfect 1/12 scale, something hasbro will never accomplish yet alone Neca never making
>>
>>5296790
That's a premium figure though? Marvel Select would bring one that looks just as good if not better than that at the expense of articulation because lolgentlegiant are shit.

Figuarts Hulkbuster looks soo much better than Hasbro's 6" though. It boils down to personal preference.
>>
>>5296808
I don't give a shit anon. The hot toys cannot fold down like the battle droid can. Unless you show another western made toy that can crouch down all the way you lose, I win. Bandai made the superior battle droid in perfect 1/12 scale
>>
>>5296726
Oh, well that sucks. Wave 2 is still coming out right?
>>
>>5296769

According to the twitter post, the line sold very well. But they're "refocusing" their attention or whatever the hell.
>>
>>5296752
Yes exactly
>>
>>5284836
My buddy has Scorpion. Decent figure. He looks pretty good and has a simple range of motion. Can get into some decent fighting stance poses, but not gonna be able to pull off cool flips and athletic poses. His mask comes off pretty easily and the face underneath looks pretty crumby. Personally I would probably just end up gluing the mask on permanently since I could never see myself displaying him with it off. Overall I'd say it's worth the 20-25 bucks it typically goes for, but it definitely doesn't impress. Still manages to be the best 1/12th scorpion I've personally seen.

Shame the line is getting canned. I'm not a mortal kombat fanatic, but I would have definitely bought a Reptile, Mileena, and Baraka if they ever made them.
>>
>>5296358
alibaba?
>>
File: Crying defeat.gif (498 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
Crying defeat.gif
498 KB, 500x283
>>5296732
>>5297234
>"refocusing" their attention

>Guys, have you seen the sales figures for the MK line?
>Yeah, they are pretty good, aren't they?
>Fucking yes. Pack everything, we're moving on to something else.
>Sure, I was getting tired of these profits.

I'm pretty sure if they keep repeating that to themselves, they will believe it one day. I hope they do, because I won't.

>tfw
>>
>>5296732
Man, I really liked this line too. Guess I'll get Kitana and Quan-Chi after this and I guess that's that.

Maybe Storm Collectibles' MK line will last longer.
>>
>>5284954
holy shit, i want this goro! any more info on it? and can someone confirm the size, is it 6 inches?
>>
>>5303559
First, was the announcement of a 1/12 scale (or six-inch) line of classic Mortal Kombat figures.
http://www.preternia.com/2015/10/nycc-2015-storm-collectibles-mortal-kombat-and-street-fighter/

I really want those ninjas, I hope they are affordable...Storm collectables other stuff on their online store seems to be priced in the hundreds although their other stuff is at a bigger scale
>>
>>5284841
I bought Sub-Zero a while ago and although his arms are looser than the normal version, I haven't run into any trouble with them yet. Unfortunately, I got Raiden today, opened him then immediately found that his left leg had broken off.
>>
>>5296732
That sucks. I can't help but think releasing three versions of the first wave and making some accessories exclusive to some versions were bad ideas.
>>
>>5289174
bumpin this.

anybody?
>>
>>5307007
Yeah...not a smart move. At least we got Scorpion and SZ. They're sort of a display unit all on their own.
>>
>>5296808
>premium figure though

If you mean exclusive, nope. It's a retail release.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.