[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kantai Collection and Touken Ranbu thread, anyone? They keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 22
File: 8237-39952-thickbox.jpg (92 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
8237-39952-thickbox.jpg
92 KB, 600x600
Kantai Collection and Touken Ranbu thread, anyone? They keep pumping out toys so someone here must be buying them.

What's the better line? AGP or Figma or some third option? Who is best boat? Could swords beat boats? Personally, I have a few swordboys on preorder, but I never got into KanColle. Am I Missing out?
>>
File: latest[1].png (209 KB, 403x672) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
209 KB, 403x672
Kancolle would have been better if the girls were actually mecha musume instead of girls with boat parts slapped on. Just a though
>>
>>5284409
>Kantai Collection
Just let it die, please. It's fuckin everywhere dude. The worst part is there's no substance to it. it's just a trend dude
>>
I hope we see some more stuff from GSC/Max Factory at WF.

Right now, only Bandai seems to be the one releasing more figures outside of nendoroids.
>>
>>5284409
They're making swordbro figmas?

Honestly, the AGPs are pretty damn nice now, and they often hit some steep sales on release on amazon.jp outside of TN exclusives.
>>
>>5284409
I need Figma Wo-Class. Max Factory please get on with it.
>>
File: Hotarumaru.full.1837985.jpg (1 MB, 1107x1200) Image search: [Google]
Hotarumaru.full.1837985.jpg
1 MB, 1107x1200
>>5284535
I meant I have some of the swordboy Nendoroids preordered. I don't think they're making figmas since figmas are mostly for male audience and TR and Nendoroids are definitely female oriented.

I'm waiting for Hotarumaru's nendoroid, personally.
>>
Out of the ones I have I'd say the figmas are generally better. Figma just does moe anime girls better than bandai.

That said, there isnt much (If any) overlap between the AGP boats and the Figma boats, so just get whatever characters you like and be aware that Yamato's First version and Musashi have some iffy QC.

I have AGP Kongou and she's pretty good though, mine didnt have any QC or paint issues or anything, just wish they'd have given her more shading.

I really like kancolle for some of the character designs and a lot of the funny doujin material and stuff. Played the game for a few months but I kinda lost its luster once the moe girls and novelty wore off.

Kancolle is pretty much just touhou with boatgirls, so if you see one you like the look of, go for it. If you need characterization look them up on the kancolle wiki and see what their dialog lines are, that's all there really is for official stuff aside from some 4koma comics that are maybe official? and a shitty anime
>>
What kantai collection figures are there that are non-statue shit?
>>
>>5284626
Figmas, Nendoroids, Armor Girl Projects, at least. I think Azone made a doll or two, too.
>>
>>5284685
And one R.A.H Figure I think two but I'm sure its one
>>
>>5284617
How is a bullet hell like a turn based strategy/development sim hybrid?
>>
>>5284409
Overall, figma is the better line, but AGP Musashi is my favorite by far. Best toy on my shelf by far.
>>
>>5284626
>>5284685
There's also a Microman line with lots of entries

>>5286028
Both games are vehicles to sell moe girls, and there's a fuckload of them. It's all everyone cares about
>>
I'm getting tired of waiting for my AGP Kongo. Decided to give an American store (BBTS) a shot this time since I've had several problems with oversea shipping this year. They still don't have her in stock and everyone else has already received her by now.
>>
>>5284569
The only reason figmas are mostly for a male audience is because mf keeps making schoolgirls for the line and passing over the huge fujobux to be made by making popular male characters.

I'm actually hoping we'll get TouRabu figmas with Orange Rouge since it seems like they're waking up to the potential market, but it doesnt seem likely...
>>
The game kind of sucked but this looks qt as fuck

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5085/Parfom+Yuudachi+Kai+Ni.html
>>
File: Kongou Fire 1.jpg (550 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Kongou Fire 1.jpg
550 KB, 3264x2448
>>5284409

As far as price vs quality is concerned, figma takes the cake hands down. I've followed the AGP line its inception. I have all the Strike Witches, Infinite Stratos, and Kantai Collection AGPs. Quality is pretty much the same across the board. They are basically not-figma.

Armor Girls Project excels in the category of doing things that figma will just not do. The mecha musume parts are top notch and always look amazing. Infinite Stratos ones are a BITCH to put together though because there is always some piece that doesn't want to hold or collapses under its own weight.

Figma is better for "1/12 scale posable figure" situations. They tend to be simplistic with enough accessories and changeable parts to feel like it was worth buying instead of a statue.

Figma always beats AGP in terms of on-model paint application. It's always 9/10 or 10/10 for figma but consistently a 6/10 to 8/10 on AGP.

AGP is for people who want "bigger" posable figures. I like the AGP line for the fact that it walks on the fine line between figma and model kit.

I think Good Smile Company and Bandai sat down and agreed upon which kanmusu they would make. It's worked so far.

The ones released so far reflect that. Carriers and destroyers are mostly simplistic in form, and so figma excels in that category. Nagato and Mutsu get a pass for figma because their rigging is also simplistic.

Bandai was a good choice for the Yamato-class and Kongou-class because their rigging is "bigger," and the Kongou-class had the addition of gimmicks like shields / arms / claws that Bandai did all on their own. It adds a nice touch to the Kongou AGPs. I hope they do the Fusou-class, finish the Takao-class, and do the Myoukou-class.

Bottom line figma is great and AGP is mediocre. Figma and AGP have both gotten more expensive, but at least Bandai are trying to have "more stuff" to help me justify the higher price tag.
>>
>>5286772
>>5286068

What kind of faceplates do the AGP ones come with? I grabbed the Wing Gundam girl when it was 30 bucks on BBTS, and I'm very annoyed that her only two faces are both looking to the side. I know she's one of the first and everyone says they're much better now, but I'm still curious.
>>
File: face4.jpg (186 KB, 618x830) Image search: [Google]
face4.jpg
186 KB, 618x830
>>5287152
The AGP KONGO KAI comes with a total of 4 faces. Pretty much all agp Kancolle comes with 4 faces.
>>
I just want kiso and a non statue tenryuu
>>
>>5286139
wasnt the microman trash?
>>
>>5287438
It's similar to Star Wars' old 3.75" series. More characters, less paint and detail.
>>
File: Full Steam Ahead.jpg (638 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
Full Steam Ahead.jpg
638 KB, 2448x3264
>>5287152

The AGP you got is probably one of the worst as far as faceplates. I've never had any problems with faceplate variation and it has improved. The Strike Witches and Infinite Stratos ones came with 3. Kancolle ones come with 4 with the exception of Takao and Atago. There are plenty of hand variaties as well.

AGP has definitely improved in giving "more." I won't be an outright apologist for it. I've seen naisor on myfigcollection swat at anybody who talks out against it. AGP is mediocre for paint, QC is inconsistent but thankfully is improving, and its just too expensive. Bandai needs to step up their game, but they won't. This is just how they operate.

Where I do agree with naisor is you have to accept it for what it is. There is, sorry to say, no other alternative. At least Bandai has increased the number they put out, but it can ONLY be done through doing lots of exclusive small production runs. All Strike Witches and Infinite Stratos AGPs were standard release. Most Kancolle releases are exclusive. Only Yamato, Atago, Kongou, Musashi, and Naka are standard releases. For any 1 ship of a class there is at least one or more exclusives. It's the only way we'll get a sufficient spread of everyone. Just look at the AGP Strike Witches AND Figma Strike Witches. It completely died. I hope figma will still finish it, we have Yoshika(again) and Mio coming. I won't hold my breath.

I've had fun with AGP. It's a bitch to get some set up perfectly since some parts behave better than others, but I always feel incredible after setting up a bunch of them together. It really makes it worth it to me since they have more bulk to them and can create a cool scene.

AGP and figma Kancolle figures also look very good with each other, pic related. (Image posted sideways; deleted and redid my post)
>>
>>5287268
Needs a warrior rage face with several cuts with bloodloss one.
>>
File: 20150730181149.jpg (257 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
20150730181149.jpg
257 KB, 600x450
>>5284626
>>5284685
>>5286139
Don't forget about the KanColle Cupoches
They have the 4 girls of the DesDiv6
>>
>>5287646
>Just look at the AGP Strike Witches AND Figma Strike Witches. It completely died. I hope figma will still finish it, we have Yoshika(again) and Mio coming. I won't hold my breath.
Strike Witches will continue. Its fanbase is very dedicated. While most of its toys don't sell out, they're guaranteed sales. For example, with the two new Nendoroids, I don't think they ever got to number one on amiami's best seller list, but they stayed 3-5 for much longer than most Nendoroids. Even fucking Saitama was off the list in a day or two.
>>
>>5287717
These and medicchus are my favorites.
>>
File: 1446738662778.jpg (85 KB, 655x756) Image search: [Google]
1446738662778.jpg
85 KB, 655x756
>>5287717
Oh yeah, I always forget Cupoche exists. I'm holding out hope they'll be the same size as those Desktop Army toys coming out so the clothing will be swappable.
>>
>>5287732

I know its fanbase is very dedicated, I'm part of it. I want all of the 501st in posable form.

But you have to look at what they've done, and how much their production can handle. A few years ago it was quite an investment to put out 11 figma of any series. Strike Witches aired back in '08, and didn't get its first figma until season 2 in 2010 with Yoshika. Lynette was slow to come out about 10 months later in 2011. The power combo Sanya and Eila came out in 2012. Then it stopped completely.

I see it as Sky Girls / Strike Witches being the unfortunate frontrunners and pathfinders into the military / mecha musume with figma.

K-On! was the better investment. It also didn't get figmas until S2 but they blew all five of theirs out the door in 4 months tops. Mid 2010 to early 2011 was wide open for Strike Witches, but they release a shit ton of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight figmas; multiple per month.

Once 2011 got into swing we got Black Rock Shooter popping up, Monogatari figma every other month, and OreImo got theirs out in quick succession. Madoka aired and they blew Madoka, Homura, and Mami out the door incredibly quick. Not only did they do magical girl figmas they also did school uniforms. The Fate series and Vocaloid have always filled the gaps over the years as well.

There are plenty of series that started and carried through, however I have hope. Since 2012 there has been a huge amount of variation in what figma actually does. People love figma and their capacity to produce grows so much every year.

Girls und Panzer took a little while to get started, but they finished that AND we now know there are two different 1/12 scale tanks. Kancolle is in full swing now and a wide variety are now available.

Girls und Panzer and Kancolle has had great success in carrying the military / mecha musume figures and scale military tanks and ships forward. Strike Witches also has a new anime coming out, and now is the time to reignite the Witches line.
>>
>>5287873
They aren't. DA is 80mm and Cu-Poche are about 120mm.
>>
>>5287732
>>5287905

The same thing applies to Armor Girls Project, in fact Armor Girls Project was starting to pick up the slack for the slow figma Strike Witch line. They overlapped. I think figma said "Well, AGP will do it." I don't think AGP at the time could handle Strike Witches + Infinite Stratos + Gundam girls. Strike Witches also seemed less "mecha" compared to the other two. Infinite Stratos and Gundam were way easier to cash in on because they were more relevant and could focus on what AGP actually specializes in: mecha parts.

Now we have Kancolle where I do think Goodsmile and Bandai sat down to say, "Let's not overlap again." instead of both making the exact same characters and figures in two different ways.

Everyone knew figma > AGP when it came to Strike Witches. I have both and wow figma is so much better. Strike Witches aren't even incredibly bulky, and now that figma can easily do full lines of characters like Love Live! I see it as the golden opportunity to reboot and finish the entire 501st line.

Yoshika and Mio are coming, it looks like Erica is next in line, and I have hope they will finish it. I still won't hold my breath, but now is opportunity.

I want my moelitary collection of planes, tanks, and ships to all be posable.
>>
AGP doing the larger ship girls and figma doing the less complicated one was the best arrangement, but they've already started to bleed over with AGP doing the sendai's after the kongous and having to add a bunch of unnecessary accessories in order to justify the price. If they had just stuck to larger ships it would have been a lot better.
>>
>>5287268
Looks like shit.
>>
>>5288148

Kongou and her sisters still aren't worth 12,000 yen. Not when I could get pic related for 9,000 yen as an exclusive and also THIS YEAR. Infinite Stratos AGPs were always 8,500 yen except Akatsubaki's at 9,800 yen and it is big. They were also standard releases with the exception of Maya's AGP and Charlotte's 2nd AGP.

Kantai Collection is popular, and they know people will buy it. Even the exclusive ones. They are making good money off of these, and I can only hope they keep going and do another 10 or 12 of them because the money sure isn't going to the quality or paint application.

As far as the Sendai-class goes, they can knock out all three in one go. Figma tends to do pairs or jump around to what is popular. They have Kai Nis and if they were released in standard form I was going to be disappointed. They are more idol like and also look more like their shinobi / samurai / idol gimmicks as Kai Ni. Naka has a pseudo idol group with them anyways, so the stage was a nice touch to help justify the price. The stage will look nice with all 3 of them together. The gimmicks like the Kongou-class extras on the rigging and the stages for the Sendai-class are something you wouldn't get with figma.

You also don't have a completed Kancolle figma without the FigFIX version either. Half the time there is an exclusive bonus for the figma itself, and an exclusive face-plate bonus for buying the FigFIX. Figma has its own faults in the forms of "cashgrabs."

All-in-all, I just hope that AGP comes out with figures I don't expect figma to ever make: Maya, Choukai, the Myoukou-class, maybe the Mogami-class as well.

I feel figma is better for ships we don't have Kai Ni of yet: Kuma, Tama, Hiryuu, Souryuu, etc.

Figma is also fine for the simpler Kai Nis: Shoukaku-class, Yuudachi, Mutsuki.

I'm just glad to have this many. The price is a bit steep for my tastes, but it is what it is. If they keep making ship girls I like, I'm buying.
>>
its crazy how on point the likeness of the character is! They've really overdone themselves with this, haven't they?
>>
>>5287651
Kancolle cannot into badass sadly cause that's not what the fans wanted.
>>
>>5290970
i'm sorry, i thought this was the figma general on first glance. my bad
>>
The biggest problem with Kancolle figures is there's just too damn many characters. Unless you got a company to dedicate churning them out full time instead of mixing them in with other IPs, you'll never come close to getting them all done. So you end up with the same handful of popular characters being done over and over.
>>
>>5293615
>So you end up with the same handful of popular characters being done over and over.
In theory you're right, but we haven't really been seeing that with KanColle. There's some overlap with Figmas and Nendoroids, but the two main lines, AGP and Figma, have literally no overlap. KanColle has been really good about giving as many characters figures as possible. Except the Abyss Girls. I'd finally start collecting them if they made figmas of the villains.
>>
Please Tenryuu. I don't want to own a kawaii anime grill statue, give me a figma or nendo.
>>
>>5293951
Perhaps he was including statues in that statement, but that's not really true either. Since >>5293959 there's more characters there than in the possible lines.
>>
>>5293951
hmm... abyssal figma you say? how about a new snow miku instead?

I'm still waiting for tenryuu, tatsuta, murakumo kai2, yuudachi kai2, unryuu, ushio, tokitsukaze.
I'd buy the shit out of abyssal figmas though.
>>
File: 1435265921365.jpg (192 KB, 517x763) Image search: [Google]
1435265921365.jpg
192 KB, 517x763
>>5284409
What about boats as swords?
>>
Would be really fun to play around with Re's tail.
>>
File: FIGURE-012166.jpg (103 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-012166.jpg
103 KB, 600x600
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-012166&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_seriestitle%3DParfom%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Anyone know anything about Parfom? Never heard about it so I don't know if I can trust ordering it
>>
>>5298608
It looks pretty terrible.
>>
>>5298608
Parfom tends to get pretty rare on release. If you want anything of Yuudachi or Shigure that's articulated, you should be preordering.
>>
How is the Akagi figma as a figure? Is she good? I'm considering getting her, and while I like her design and the WWII aircraft carrier she was based on, I don't particularly like the Kantai franchise. Is the figma good enough to stand on its own merit as a figure, or does it only appeal to those who like Kantai?
>>
>>5298608
all the characters have weird puffy cheeks
>>
>>5301419
She and Kaga are stable on their feet as fuuuuck cause of their flat shoes.

She's fun in any case. Only issues I've had with mine is the soft plastic radar array on her shoulder and her hair getting in the way of everything as is usually the case for long hair.
>>
>>5301431
yeah also the proportions remind me of Cu-Poche with the giant heads but not as exaggerated
>>
>>5298608

I still can't work out if I like this or not. If anyone gets one post pictures. I think it's cute in a weird way.
>>
>>5298608
I want to get that one too, but Idk about their quality. Looks good imho, but how are the joints and plastic quality.
>>
File: eatup.jpg (481 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
eatup.jpg
481 KB, 1200x800
>>5301419
I think shes great. >>5301535 covered it pretty well. I'm sorta worried that her hair is going to break her radar off completely.

>already have white stress marks where it meets her shoulder

Also her skirt hinders her leg movement.
>>
File: BoatsOnWheels.jpg (909 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
BoatsOnWheels.jpg
909 KB, 1200x800
>>5302305
Here are all my Kancolle Figmas sans Yukikaze. I still need to get a group shot with her included.
>>
File: Yukikaze&Rensouhou.jpg (549 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Yukikaze&Rensouhou.jpg
549 KB, 800x1200
>>5302315
Think I already posted this somewhere on this board, but whatever.
>>
File: topyaoff.jpg (572 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
topyaoff.jpg
572 KB, 1200x800
>>5302322
And my few Nendos.
>>
File: Amatsukaze.jpg (510 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Amatsukaze.jpg
510 KB, 1200x800
>>5302323
I also have some statueshit, but I don't wanna get banned.
>>
>>5302324
small c for your small d
>>
File: Mutsu&Wine.jpg (560 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Mutsu&Wine.jpg
560 KB, 1200x800
>>5302326
Mustsu's getting ready for Thanksgiving.
>>
>>5302324

Cankolle.
>>
>>5286465
If there are TouRabu figures made in that line, I'm fucked. I can ignore statueshit and Nendoroids pretty easily. But fully articulated figures at that scale would slay my wallet in a heartbeat.
>>
>>5286465
I feel like that much detail in figma scale would be crazy, since it'd either cost too much for people to buy or there'd have to be some sacrifices made.
Nendos at least have the excuse of being small. That said, I've got every TR nendo preordered or bought so far, so maybe I'm just half-hoping there's no reason to split my wallet open even more....
>>
>>5302334
She really makes a good housewife
>>
anyone else ever got this image when trying to finalize payment on Amiami? does it just mean the sites buggered for a bit?
>>
>>5305617
Pay with PayPal will fix that problem
>>
>>5303026
You've got a point, I was subconsciously thinking of the TouRabu designs as equally detailed to KanColle but now that I think of it the swordboys do have more fiddly little details. I do think it's quite doable though. The Sengoku Basara dudes also had fiddly little details on their costumes but their Revoltechs got the designs down pretty well.
>>
>>5305617
so what were you trying to buy?
>>
>>5305924
totally meant to post this in the figma general but w/e since you guys are helping

How do I change it Paypal for payment?
>>
>>5305924
>>5306741
Pretty sure I figured it out; but now I'm waiting for an order confirmation with the shipping and shit. Does this mean that I'll have 2 orders, one which will go unpaid? sorry for shitting up the thread

On topic, I've owned a few AGP's in the past and I quiet like them. Whilst they aren't as diverse as the figmas and kind of work with a *very* slightly out scale, I find that they come with more things across the board. Only problem becomes when you miss the preorder and have to pay late comers tax on them
>>
>>5306743
you should only have 1 order confirmation, it will be in your email. check you email for order confirmation. Once the shipping is calculated, they will email you another email for payment request, it will tell you the total that you need to pay. there will be a link in that email that will direct you to amiami for payment.
>>
File: 0f9oeiv.png (684 KB, 601x634) Image search: [Google]
0f9oeiv.png
684 KB, 601x634
>>5306831
Thank you so much friend
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.