[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any in-hand pics of this Revoltech Snake GZ variant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: amazon_detail_pic1.jpg (39 KB, 606x406) Image search: [Google]
amazon_detail_pic1.jpg
39 KB, 606x406
Are there any in-hand pics of this Revoltech Snake GZ variant?
>>
>>5283416
>http://blog.livedoor.jp/overlightsstudio/archives/68111956.html
>http://tobiuo72.blog41.fc2.com/blog-entry-1248.html
>>
>>5283448
Thanks. Looks much better than the Peace Walker version.
>>
>>5283521
that's debatable.
>>
>>5283523
I think it looks good. Worth-the-trouble-of-tracking-down good? I'll have to ponder it.
>>
>>5283534
I got one on Mandy about a month ago for $80. It only took me a couple of days of looking, too. I really like the assault rifle and knife he comes with.
>>
>>5283537
Rifle looks great, albeit a little large. Mainly wanted him for the head sculpt. Prefer the less stylized look
>>
File: d686d7c9.jpg (8 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
d686d7c9.jpg
8 KB, 600x399
>>5283534
>>5283534
he looks like a sped, he looks like he's wearing a helmet of hair and his face has been hit by a shovel. The peace walker one may be a bit stylized but it looks like snake. Was this face sculpted by somebody other than yamaguchi?
>>
File: giant m16 by Yamaguchi.jpg (32 KB, 478x640) Image search: [Google]
giant m16 by Yamaguchi.jpg
32 KB, 478x640
>>5283575
i bet that's YAmaguchi's attempt at a more realistic looking figure.
Fugly.

Also, his rifle is ridiculously oversized. Only bootleg toys like Corpshit should have oversized guns, because they obviously don' tcare about quality. Revoltechs having oversized accessories is a fucking joke.
>>
>>5283575
Yeah the Peace Walker one looks like the sketchy work you see from Ashley Wood's art in the game. This one though....... I don't even know.
>>
File: DSC00645.jpg (204 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
DSC00645.jpg
204 KB, 1000x1500
>>5283534
The original PW version of this figure had serious problems already, and save for the head/guns etc this one is no different. If you look past the flaws, its a decent figure, quite posable, and is fun to pose and play around with, not to mention is also a good photo subject should you pose him "correctly" (check out the MFC gallery page for examples of good and bad posing for the PW snake, http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/&sort=date&search=item%3A143577)

Here's the list;
*Color isn't accurate to how the suit looks in ground zeroes (play the destroy the anti air guns mission, you'll see what I mean)
*no ass
*because this is just the PW snake with the new head, how snakes water canteen, bags and pouches are arranged are not in the GZ locations
*no knife storage because of above
*no walkman
*Right leg shorter than his left.
*All of the GZ exclusive guns/knife/items save for the
nightvision goggles and idroid are too big.
*Paint on the AM-MRS4 rife is very prone to scratches
*Because of how big the AM-MRS is, its a bit awkward for shooting poses
*None of the hands are sculpted to hold the wu pistol in the same way the MK.22 was, so it can look weird without adjustment
*The revoltech joints can feel very limiting (the ones they use in the newer starwars revos have more range, so I swapped the stormies out and put them on snake, the difference was interesting)
*The face might be too stylized for some people (The PW snake has been compared to a monkey's, and that carries over to this)
*Stand sucks
*getting him to look right/even posing him for a photo can be difficult, since *everything* can rotate on either peg of a revo joint, lots and lots of micro adjustment could/needs to happen to prevent awkwardness

I like him though.
>>
>>5284708
Thanks for the write up. I own a few revoltech figures and am aware of most of the issues they have, but they offer some extremely dynamic and realistic looking poses, so I can look past most of them. Accuracy wasn't a huge issue, I mostly wanted a Big Boss figure that wasn't as stylised as the PW.
>>
>>5284777
the stage and ankles limit the fuck out of articulation unfortunately, I was just dicking around with the regular one and it's fucking annoying. One leg being longer for sure.... my figma snake has a QC issue in the foot, one peg just wasn't pushed down enough and it can't be changed, but still stands fucking straight.

>tfw first regretful purchase
>>
File: DSC00111.jpg (374 KB, 1777x1000) Image search: [Google]
DSC00111.jpg
374 KB, 1777x1000
>>5284777
If thats the case, you might want to wait for the TPP sneaking suit revo thats gonna be out soonish, because the face is 10x more correct to the game (albeit caricatured, but certainly not to the extent as the PW), and has better articulation (a fucking toe joint horray!).

The only downside being he doesn't come with a AM MRS4 rife, only the vague bullpup thing and the sniper rife you get late, late, late into the game. But the fact you can have both attach to him the same way the game does was a thoughtful addition. Plus ROCKET PUNNNNCHHHHHHH

(also the wu pistol has that button that appears in first person mode now on it, the GZ one didn't have that detail)

also of note, the 1911 stand in pistol that came with the venom snake revolmini is almost 1/12 exactly, and GZ snake holds it perfectly (?)

And, if you want to get the TPP snake, you might want to get a PW snake on the cheap so you can swap the head and left arm to copy how that looks In game when venom snake puts on the MSF sneaking suit while still with his metal arm and "horn" still on his head, assuming the head/hair connects the same way.
>>
>>5284970
Oh I'm getting the Phantom Pain one as well.

[PHANTOM PAIN SPOILER]
I wanted this one cause they're two different characters
>>
>>5284708
You're right about the posing, it aggravates me to see these figures posed so poorly. I guess people just don't bother taking the time to figure out how the joints work.
>>
>>5286186
tfw when people pose their figures and make them look like complete shit despite all the articulation in the world
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.