[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OH FOR FUCKSSAKES!!!! http://www.warpo.com/the-coming-of- krampus/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 990x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 990x430
OH FOR FUCKSSAKES!!!! http://www.warpo.com/the-coming-of-krampus/
>>
It looks like My Pet Monster
>>
>>5279589
I think that was the idea, sherlock.
>>
>>5279124
I actually don't mind that.
>>
>>5279124
Why are you angry?
>>
>>5279124
>kickstarter
So sick of these. Just do pre-orders. We don't need special pins, hats. our name in the credits, shirts, dinner with the creators, etc. Just make it. If it doesn’t sell, cancel production and refund preorders.
With a product like this I'm sure Newbury Comics or Hot Topic would have ate it up, but instead you're spamming every toy themed discussion board.
>>
>>5279628
Please don't talk like you know the first thing about business. For a company without a track record, it's close to impossible to get a factory without proven interest. And if you do the refunding preorder route, you're alienating every future customer and you're spending hundreds or thousands of dollars out of your own pocket for all the fees associated with that. Kickstarter and other crowdfunding options are really the only way for independent companies with no history to start these days.
>>
>>5279651
but they have a track record now dont they? They made those cthulhu barely action figures a while back. I cant knock em due to me having bought the large figure last month.
>>
>>5279124
oh man I saw this yesterdays
looks really cool, first kickstarter I wanna fund
>>
>>5279624
Because i wanted legends of cthukhu wave 2. Or atleastr make a action figure range of mythical beasts, giving us a olastic kranpus. In all honesty, its aftually pretty cool, im just pissed because its nit what i wanted, ill probably still get it.
>>
>>5279727
>>5279628
>i hate companies who want to produce new things
Meh.
Kickstarter allows toys that would have never been made to be finally produced.

Instead of banks and other financial businesses deciding whether nerds will like a product to give a company a loan, nerds themselves are voting with their money whether we like the product or not.

So i don't get why you're hating on these kickstarters, unless you're a greedy banker who isn't going to get their loan repaid 3x over.
>>
>>5279780
Man I really REALLY hate those kickstarters that screw with their supporters and don't deliver. At least warpo has good history but I'm afraid people will be afraid to actually fund projects fearing they might get screwed.
BUT
That one laser shaver got kicked off by kickstarter even through they were funded because they didn't have a functioning prototype. At least kickstarter is trying to get rid of scammers.
>>
File: hacks-spartan.jpg (624 KB, 1287x2048) Image search: [Google]
hacks-spartan.jpg
624 KB, 1287x2048
>>5279859
oh, i agree.
The nice thing about most new toy companies is that they usually already have a known reputation, either through working with an established company or were already trying to produce their own stuff all by themselves.
So there's already a certain level of built in trust where we know what they can produce and if they can deliver.
>>
>>5279124
Looks neat. Might get one down the line.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.