[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stikfas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: prod_motor0202.jpg (26 KB, 383x383) Image search: [Google]
prod_motor0202.jpg
26 KB, 383x383
I've known about these guys for a few years but only recently considered getting any. They've always seemed cool though, and would IMO fit just great alongside Lego Technic figs, Pose Skeletons, and the like. I'd like to buy some, but what're you guys' impression of them?

Also I'm paranoid as to whether their site is still alive, because it seems the sales section is stocking and the copyright's from 2004. Are they dead?

http://stikfas.com/products.html
>>
They were pretty great. But now, they're super dead.
>>
>>5276350
Mm, yeah, just a little research into it shows they're long dead.

Amazon has listings but I'll guess most are unpurchasable from the "Stikfas" seller and the reviews for some of them seem negative too. Such a shame.
>>
There's a bunch of 'em on eBay. Not exactly hard to find.

The only ones really worth tracking down though, are the ones made in colab with Hasbro. Those are quality products. After they split off, most of the plastic used was brittle as all hell. Couldn't put the damn things together before snapping off a balljoint or forming large stress marks. I reckon some don't have that issue, but good luck trying to figure out which ones those are.
>>
>>5276388
I saw the thread where the guy had the disc n' dome robot and needed a new dome. Ah well. I heard about the QC problems on Amazon too, seems there's not much of a reason for me to think about these guys. More Pose Skeletons and Lego of various sorts seem the way to go.
>>
>>5276406
I picked up the dragon/rider combo off Amazon for like 8 bucks a couple weeks back. Really solid, cool little figure, I highly recommend it OP. I checked the other night, and they still had some in stock.
>>
If you ever visit Singapore, check out this shop on a weekday
http://www.taising.com/eng/index.php?action=page&page=89
They have truckloads of stikfas toys. It's all post-hasbro but they are only one or two singbucks each. I dunno if they do international shipping.

What happened was that the Stikfas company dumped their inventory on this local toy distributor and they've been trying to clear it for almost a decade now.
>>
>>5276492
>they've been trying to clear it for almost a decade now
Jesus.

>>5276451
Well, at least that's okay. A nice lady and her dragon seem alright.
>>
>>5276498
It's pretty cool man, the only fully articulated dragon toy that I've ever found.
>>
>>5276341
xevoz were better
>>
>>5276985
I know the Stikfas logo is on the Xevoz packaging and it advertises "based on Stikfas".

However, did they really have to kill Xevoz when Hasbro lost the license to stikfas? Surely they could work their way around the law if they wanted to.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.