[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When are we going to get a decent Xenomorph?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: XenomorphXX121.png (864 KB, 640x820) Image search: [Google]
XenomorphXX121.png
864 KB, 640x820
Ive owned them all.

The neca Xenos have a great sculpt and decent articulation but shity soft plastic, terrible balance, and horrible QA. I've had 4 xenos from them and none of them can stand on their own for longer than a few hour without falling over. I guess they are great if you want all your xenos in crouched poses all the time....

The Figuarts have a nice sculpt and decent balance, but shitty tails that constantly fall off, next to no neck movement, and are way too small.

Revoltechs suffer from the same balance, range of motion and scale issues as the figuarts.

The Pak xenos have arguably the best paint, but also the worst balance and completely retarded joint placement.

The Hiya aliens are too small and suffer from the same shitty soft plastic and poor balance as the neca xenos.

I dont have the Hot toys, but I understand they are very prone to breakage, rubber decay, and paint rubbing.

The fuck /toy/? When am are we gonna get a decent Xeno?
>>
who cares lol
>>
>>5273872
>The Figuarts have a nice sculpt and decent balance, but shitty tails that constantly fall off, next to no neck movement, and are way too small.

I have mine boxed up and don't want to get it out to check, but when you say no neck movement, do you mean side to side? Because the thing has great articulation moving up and down. Unlike the Neca it can move its head to switch between bipedal and quadrupedal poses.
>>
neca dog alien.
It's pretty much perfect.
>>
>>5273872
Yeah most of the xenomorph out there are either too inaccurate (Figuarts and Hot toys) or too fragile (Neca and Rah). If you have stands the best option right now is probably the neca aliens honestly. The revoltechs are alright, but i didnt really care for them and im probably going to sell mine soon.
>>
>>5273872

Sounds like you'll never be happy.
>>
>>5273872
You're surrounded by a wealth of fucking options. Some franchises don't even have one. Just be happy with the fact that you have choices, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

I personally prefer the Revo. No, it's not perfect, but NONE OF THEM ARE. It's just a fun toy and I like how it looks.
>>
>>5273872
>When am are we gonna get a decent Xeno?

says the faggot who doesn't own the MSA Xeno
>>
>>5273898
>neca dog alien.
>It's pretty much perfect.
No, its not. I own it already and it can't stand or crawl unsupported for any longer than an hour or two .

>>5273940
>says the faggot who doesn't own the MSA Xeno
I don't want statue shit.

>>5273923
>Sounds like you'll never be happy.
Sorry I have standards.
>>
>>5273872

> Waaaah all these options aren't literally perfect!

> What the fuck, when will we get a perfect Xeno toy that will satisfy my impossibly high standards!?
>>
>>5274006
The dog alien comes with a stand buddy.
>>
>>5273872

>when are we going to get a decent xenomorph?
>decent

We have tons of 'decent' xenos. Did you mean to type perfect and fucked it up that badly?
>>
>>5274024
I expect a toy to stand by itself
>>
>>5274019
>>5273926

This.
>>
>>5274130
You expect a lot from a toy buddy. Got to compromise somewhere for now, maybe in another 20 years we can get toys that are perfect in every single aspect.
>>
>>5274130

You're not perfect.
>>
>>5274130
>I expect a toy to stand by itself

>>5274140
>You expect a lot from a toy buddy.
>>
>>5274172
Lemme just list what you want here.

>Screen accurate
>Able to stand by itself
>Not a statue
>No soft plastic
>Needs to be able to balance by itself
>Needs good QC
>Nothing call fall off
>Needs to have good neck movement
>Needs to be big
>Needs good joint replacement
>Cannot have rubber decay
>Needs good paint applications
>No paint rubbing

All on a single toy. With no compromises.
>>
>>5274183
Dude half of that shit is stuff you would expect anyways. So yeah,

if it has rubber, I dont want it to decay.
I want it to have good QC
I want it to stand by itself
I want it to be the proper scale
I want it to have decent paint apps

These are all things you would expect from a toy ANYWAYS.
>>
>>5274228

Why should it have to stand by itself. This hypothetical perfect toy of yours is going to cost an arm and a leg and you want to risk it taking a bump and falling off a shelf? Nigga you high.
>>
>>5274228
>These are all things you would expect from a toy ANYWAYS.

I mean sure, if you don't live in the real world where there's always going to be something wrong here and there. You're spergin' out on this a bit too much.
>>
>>5273872
Your collection sounds pretty damn nice, could we see a pic of it?
>>
Is there even a single Xeno figure, that isn't a statue, that can stand up on its own two legs?

I have NECA Xenos, and the Monsterarts Warrior, and neither of them can stand on their own two feet alone. NECAs figures are the cheaper options, so they don't usually come with stands (though the Dog Alien came with that decent claw-stand) but Revoltech, Monsterarts/figuarts and PAKs all come with stands, so they clearly expect you to use them.

Not to mention the fact that Xenos--no matter what company they're from--look kinda dumb standing upright like a person anyway. And even if you want them to, you can usually balance them with their tail and get them to stand fine.

Truth is, they have really spindly feet and legs by design, while their giant penis head and the large tubes on their backs make them very top heavy.

The figures just kind of suck at standing by design of the monster.
>>
>>5274245

Pretty much this. Lots of movie monsters have designs that make for unbalanced hard to pose toys. Some of the Pacific rim jeagers have limited poseing simply because the desin just doesn't allow for movement.

If you want really well balanced poseable toys I suggest you buy things not based on any existing property where screen accuracy can drag the figure down.
>>
>>5274228
Might as well expect the secondary mouth/tongue to give 10/10 blowjobs while we're at it.
>>
>>5273872
Gentle Giant's oversized reproduction of the classic Kenner Alien is probably your best option.

The only sculpt actually approved by Giger.
>>
uh, my Neca Big Chap stands on it's on rather well without crouching as long as the surface is flat.
>>
>>5274130
And you are a autist retard, looks like you have money, then buy a fucking 3D printer and do it your perfect Xeno yourself
>>
OP, you are a manchild among manchildren.
>>
Has the neca 1/4 scale xeno came out yet? That one looks pretty good. I'm probably going to decide between it and the kaiyodo MSA xeno.
>>
If we're talking about the Big Chap you have a few options:

>Revoltech: Slightly stylized and kinda small but decently poseable and beautifully painted.
>Monsterarts: Highly inaccurate and the tail sucks but highly poseable, also comes with a proper articulated stand.
>NECA: Largely accurate, nice and big, but does not come with a stand and cannot stand up to save its life. Beware of stuck joints and general QC issues, buy in person if you can.
>>
>>5276844
If you like bigger figures, there's a few options.
>Hot Toys: Looks beautiful but wildly inaccurate and barely poseable.
>NECA 1/4: Most accurate Xeno released thus far...aside from the lips, which look kinda weird, though YMMV on that. Also kinda crazy scale. As always with NECA, try and buy in person.
>Kaiyodo MSA: Looks beautiful but is barely poseable.
>>
>>5275856
>Wanting a toy to stand up
>"You're an autist retard"
OK then.
>>
This:>>5275856
>>
>>5278749
Weird how you just ignored every other point made.
>>
>>5278785
What other points? Literally all you said was "You're an autist retard" and something about him making his own.
>>
>>5274183
I don't think any of this is unreasonable in 2015.
>>
>>5279000
They aren't realistic, I design stuff and always there are compromises, money and time are the more important factors here, you would need a huge budget to accomplish with all those requirements .
>>
>>5278823
read every point made you have not addressed in this thread, not just the one insulting you under flimsy pretenses.
>>
>>5278823

See >>5274245
>>
I feel like this is an elaborate troll thread.
>>
>>5279574

Welcome to this weeks alien [and or neca] thread!
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.