[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Masters of the Universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15
File: MOTUC_4H_Demo-Man.jpg (940 KB, 1135x1500) Image search: [Google]
MOTUC_4H_Demo-Man.jpg
940 KB, 1135x1500
Anybody here down with MOTU Classics? I think they're pretty awesome for getting some monsters to supplement a 1/12 collection.
>>
I have He-Man, Battle Cat, and Skeletor. I'd have more if Matty didn't make them so hard to buy.
>>
File: IMG_2284[1].jpg (297 KB, 1138x639) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2284[1].jpg
297 KB, 1138x639
>>5272768
I've got a bunch of them. Most of the Horde, all the NA stuff except for the scuba guy, King Grayskull, both cats, a bunch of different warrior women, the giant zombie and the giant 4 arms rock god, the white Sorceress, and Skeletor.

They're great toys and I've been meaning to take more pics of them lately. I just wish Matty wasn't so... Matty.
>>
>>5272788
There's typically a big mattycollector sale in November, but that means dealing with the mattycollector site and, god help you, Digital River. Last year I cleaned up and spent almost $150 during the sale and finally got a Battle Cat and She-Ra amongst others.
>>
>>5272806
The warrior women are where it's at, bro. I want the Temple Sorceress so freaking badly. Wish they made a female giant when they had the chance. Mattel was probably like, "eh, they can just get the DCUC Giganta BAF" without understanding how fucking impossible it was to find.
>>
File: IMG_2582[1].jpg (242 KB, 995x769) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2582[1].jpg
242 KB, 995x769
>>5272818
True that. The warrior women make up almost half of My MOTUC collection.
>>
I got Saurod for about $30 shipped a week or two ago, and I'm pretty impressed with the detail on him. I keep thinking I'm done with MOTUC and they end up making a character or two I think I have to have.
>>
>>5272818

All the females in motuc are giants, and tower over the guys.
>>
File: IMG_2334[1].jpg (394 KB, 1306x980) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2334[1].jpg
394 KB, 1306x980
>>5273131
You got a problem with tall women, m8?
>>
I have Skeletor, He-Man, Draego-man, and Fearless Photog. There's more I would buy.
>>
>>5273137
They made a girl Mekaneck?
>>
>>5272788
>I have He-Man, Battle Cat, and Skeletor. I'd have more if Matty didn't make them so hard to buy.

I'm in the same boat as you. I managed to get Fisto at least. Any toy company that makes it so hard to get t heir toys makes me lose interest pretty fast.
>>
>>5273413
>I managed to get Fisto at least
Fuuuuuck, I envy you on that one. I have about 45 MOTUC total, but they're all the ones that are $15-$30 on ebay so some of the AAA hard to find ones escape me. I have Marzo, Sy-Clone, Tung Lashor, etc but nothing pricey like Beast Man or Ram Man.
>>
>>5273545

Beast Man cost a lot does he? I've never looked. I know they had that red Beast Man recently with the Power Con exclusives...
>>
File: DSCN0013[1].jpg (249 KB, 1137x377) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0013[1].jpg
249 KB, 1137x377
My current Horde Empire
>>
>>5272768
I love Motuc, and I have a ton, but they've basically made cherry-picking impossible. Despite wanting several figures over the past couple of years, I'm not going to pay $60+ for Light Hope or TwoBad.
>>
>>5273931
Shit yeah he costs a lot, it's depressing. The red one certainly is a good option, as is the new Granamyr. I don't know, I'm so on the fence because it's still on the edge of being too costly when shipping and whatnot is figured in.

>>5274351
Nice, man. Leech is on my short list for figures I'm looking to get.
>>
>>5274351
>All those Matty figures
>AND RED SHE-HULK
>>
>>5274640

My story for Red She-Hulk is she's Horde Prime's daughter. >dat Horde faction garter strap
>>
I still like 'em, but I pretty much have all the ones I want. Maybe if they come up with some cool variants.
>>
>>5274664
You gonna get the Thundercats? I'm pretty stoked for them, especially because they actually went and improved upon the initial Lion-O prototype and made it leagues better.
>>
>>5274667

I'm probably not going to do the Thundercats sub but I have a friend who's all over them.
>>
>>5274667

I want the henchmen and stuff from Thundercats. I'd be surprised if it gets beyond the first two waves, honestly. But what they've shown look amazing. If I can get a Rataro out of this deal, I'm down.
>>
File: motuc-1.jpg (37 KB, 799x265) Image search: [Google]
motuc-1.jpg
37 KB, 799x265
I've loved He-Man since '83ish (Kind of Junior's first Sword and Sorcery) so I've picked up most of the MotUC offerings.

There are some great figures in the bunch. If you're looking for generic monsters I dig the recent batch of 2002 cartoon characters, there's a nice looking rock monster, an evil plant, and a pretty wicked-looking demon in that bunch.
>>
File: IMG_5478.jpg (164 KB, 1125x1500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5478.jpg
164 KB, 1125x1500
I have my MOTUC in storage, here's most of my villains. Just got Trap Jaw and Modulok, too. When I get a new display case I'll probably put them out again.
>>
>>5273931
Beast Man's price may dip next year when the Filmation version comes out.
>>
>>5275196
Also my MOTUC collection pretty much follows the Filmation intro. I signed up for the Filmation subscription as well. Alot of fans seem to have a love/hate relationship with Filmation but Filmation _is_ MOTU to me. If they do the right characters in 2017 I could see getting rid of my earlier editions.
>>
>>5273545
Don't be too envious. I only own less than 10 MOTUC figures. I don't even own a He-man. I just cherry pick my favourite toys from a lot of different lines so I don't even get all the essentials, especially when I end up not liking a line. I also payed about $40-50 on eBay.

I think I mostly bought him because I like bears. (Yeah like you sick Queen Blade buying fucks can judge me.)
>>
File: IMG_2870[1].jpg (288 KB, 989x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2870[1].jpg
288 KB, 989x768
>>5275207
>Yeah like you sick Queen Blade buying fucks can judge me

Who's judging? Bears are awesome and Fisto is the beariest of them all.

The only He-Man I have is Intergalactic He-Man. I have a couple of variants like Grayskull and Prince Adam, only because I got them cheap.
>>
>>5272768
Always wanted one, never took the plunge on being scalped for one though. The one you posted is awesome, and I also liked Stinkorr and the less lame looking Skeletor head that came with pic related. It'd make Skeletor worth getting too. King Greyskull was cool as well.
>>
>>5274884
Who is that Merman cat guy?
>>
>>5275470
The blue one? That's the Merman that came in a 2-pack with DCUC Aquaman. It's one of the rare cases where a MOTUC made it to retail shelves.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3112x2181) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3112x2181
I only collect the ones I feel can fit in generic sci fi or fantasy displays and then make up my own stories for them.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>5275502
Good guys and bad guys. Also, I have a hard rule for four horsemen sculpted stuff can only be part of this group.
>>
>>5275505
What's that on the left?
>>
File: IMG_2167.jpg (918 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2167.jpg
918 KB, 2048x1536
>>5275207

Why not both? They go together like clanka ti clanka ga dingly dinga dongs.
>>
>>5275224
>Bears are awesome
If you collect this line and pretend it isn't 30% gay you're in the closet. It's by far the most orientation-diverse toyline ever.
>Obligatory 4nonBlondes link.
>>
>>5275487
Blue Merman is one of my faves. So good. Somewhere I have that photo of him standing next to Skeletor, waving, like they're on vacation and had a stranger take a photo. He's seems so happy.
>>
>>5275535
I agree. Male power fantasies are inherently homoerotic, there's no real way to escape that truth considering the deep roots of gay that are entwined in the ancient histories of basically all cultures and their warrior peoples. The best thing to do is just embrace that aspect of human history and let the wellspring of muscle men flow forth in the form of MOTUC.
>>
File: MOTUC.jpg (92 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
MOTUC.jpg
92 KB, 1000x750
>>5274884
Took some of my guys out of the storage box and posed them. I always forget how sweet these are until I have them in hand.
>>
>>5275519
Looks like all sorts of parts-swapping. I see Skeletor, The Faceless One, and some Green Lantern DCUC baddie in there.
>>
File: What.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>5275535
Most of the Snake MenI have is because of t3h gayness...
>>
>>5275505

Are you not using the Alcala Skeletor head that came with Demo-Man?
>>
>>5275919
Nah, it's tucked away in a box with spare parts.
>>
>>5275934
Can I buy that head off of you?
>>
Where the actual fuck is Dragstor and why haven't they made him yet?
>>
>>5275535
>It's by far the most orientation-diverse toyline ever.

Didn't GSC recently announce a special brand of figmas and Nendoroid specifically aimed at fujoshi and gay men?
>>
I've got Skeletor from the two-pack with Lex from TRU and Hordak and Faceless One both from my LCS.

Never dealt with Matty and never will. I'll get Faker from my LCS eventually.
>>
Randomly came to /toy wondering about He-Man Classics & this post was at the top!

wtf is up with the prices on He-man, Skeletor & Beastman?! Has anyone got a tip on how to pick them up at earth prices at all?
>>
>>5282629
Early access started on the 12th, all access is on the 16th. So Dragstor should start flooding ebay en masse in a few weeks. I predict it'll be a figure that you could get for like $27 shipped BIN in a few months. That's my plan, at least.

>>5282666
>specifically aimed at fujoshi and gay men
MOTU doesn't need to specifically create stuff to take aim at one special market, it hits all of them. Men, women, straight, gay. Bow was identical to any of the other Masters of the Universe in the cartoon; I thought he was cool and my sister told me a year ago while we were chatting that he was her first crush. She-Ra was in lots of boys collections. The only thing it can't do is connect with young people anymore.

>>5283104
Matty is worth dealing with if they do a good black friday sale. You can really clean up.

>>5283110
There's a red Beastman con exclusive that isn't terrible in terms of price. All three are also going to be released as part of the Filmation 2.0 series (with cartoon designs and an AWESOME Skeletor head), so you should be able to get them at like $30 each or less if you buy them early on. There's also the matty black friday sale I mentioned. I got He-Man last year for $21, and Battle Cat for like $28. You never know what will pop up.
>>
>>5283122

I'm really stoked for the Filmation Clawful reveal. I loved how reptillian he looked in the show. Judging by how well they nailed the sculpts on the Filmation Skeletor and He-Man so far, he'll follow suit quite nicely.
>>
>>5283122
Thanks anon - perhaps there is hope!
>>
>>5283127
I'm glad Clawful has been getting some love as of late. The recent head pack added some new life to the figure, and the Filmation one will probably be great too.

>>5283149
Yeah, you never know. It's worth creating a twitter account just to see when the sales go up, as sometimes they're kind of random. They recently had one on Back to the Future day and had some crazy deals.
>>
>>5275972
Possibly. I'm looking for parts for customs all the time so if you've got anything you'd trade for it, I'd consider that.
>>
>>5283174
>I'm glad Clawful has been getting some love as of late. The recent head pack added some new life to the figure, and the Filmation one will probably be great too.

Yeah, I eBayed the head, I didn't have any of the other figures, so it wasn't worth trying to track down the actual set (it was a sub exclusive anyway right). I'm pretty happy with it, and as nice as the classic heads can be, Clawful definitely benefits from the upgraded head.
>>
I'm really hoping for a decent black friday sale or something. MOTUC was an overall good line, even if matty sucked. 35 a figure is too much though.
>>
>>5286515
Every once in a while someone on BST posts cheap MOTUC. 2 years ago I got a whole slew of semi-rare ones for like $10-15 each because a person fell out of love with the line.
>>
>>5286528
They're great figures at 15 pop. Maybe even amazing.
>>
I really want a Demo Man so I can just pop the head on Mo-Larr Skeletor.
>>
File: Queen-Grayskull_09.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1277) Image search: [Google]
Queen-Grayskull_09.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1277
Just saw this on fwoosh. I don't care for the 2000 MOTU show at all, but a sexy winged lady is always a good addition. Too bad she's probably going to be way overpriced on the after market.
>>
>>5291125
>b cups at best
>sexy

thanks, SJWs
>>
>>5291131
Blaming the 1980s would be more appropriate. After Farrah Fawcett's popularity (and look) waned, the western world viewed coked out super slim 80's models as the new standard of sexy, which kept on through the 90's and the age of the supermodel. SJW's view slim females as body shaming, so they'd be the people to blame if Mattel made an obese Teela.
>>
>>5291148
>I completely missed the SJWs crying over Battleground Teela or their whining like cows over Teela being drawn sexy in the MTU comics

Do you seriously not know the crap SJWs complain about?
>>
>>5291166
>Do you seriously not know the crap SJWs complain about?
I don't value their opinion enough to retain any of it. I find it to be a healthy way to live.
>>
File: beginning109.jpg (94 KB, 714x476) Image search: [Google]
beginning109.jpg
94 KB, 714x476
>>5291131
>>5291166
Looks accurate to the source, which came out in 2002. Not sure if you can really blame tumblr SJW's retroactively as though their complaints about a toy made in 2011 or a modern comic run had any bearing on something designed nearly a decade prior...
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.