[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batteries drain quick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Hello /toy/
I just bought this and noticed that the lights on the base and the eye just drains the battery in just a day. Does Hot Toys really does this?

Also, Hot Toys thread.
>>
You spent $300 on a $40 toy. Hot Toys knows you're a sucker.
>>
What kind of battery is it?
>>
>>5271466
The base are 3 AAA batteries.
The head has those small batteries for watches...I think.
>>
>>5271470
A single AAA battery holds .75 Ah(amp-hours) at 1.5V(Based off a Rayovac rating on Sparkfun. Most batteries do not list Ah because fuck informing a consumer, right?). 3 together in series make 4.5V, but the same .75 Ah.

Meaning that, assuming you're running out of power in 6 hours, the circuit is using about .125 Ah. It probably does not need that much, but without knowing what the light sources it uses are(LEDs, probably, but what kind), I couldn't tell you.

It might be as simple as sticking a component in to lower the amperage drawn by the circuit.

A real question is: Why do you have it on all day?

Also, button cell batteries also vary in quality. Be careful when ordering a replacement.
>>
>>5271444
The eye is on a timer, it turns itself off automatically. It's the only Hot Toys figure I'm aware of with this feature.

As to the base, you're not really meant to have it on permanently. It's mostly for photographic purposes.

>>5271463
>He thinks Hot Toys should cost $40

Confirmed for idiot who's never owned one.
>>
Actually, Hot Toys' LED lights are terribly inefficient and drain batteries really fast.

And the batteries they use are actually even smaller than the standard watch button batteries, which makes the even more expensive.
>>
>>5271488
>He thinks Hot Toys should cost $300

confirmed for being too stupid to handle money
>>
>>5271481
I turned it on a few times, but in a day the battery drained out when i used it the next day. I guess they drain even when you are not using them?

>>5271498
Yeah. I guess they do drain quick even if your not using them.
>>
>>5271506
Depends on the circuit.

If it's a physical switch, then no, it shouldn't use up any significant power when the circuit is open.
If it's a button, then it could be that the device is constantly using a small amount of energy just checking for the button to be pressed.
>>
>>5271504
Confirmed for being assblasted poorfag.

Marvel Legends general is that-a-way, bucky.
>>
>>5271506
Hot Toys' factory-installed batteries aren't the greatest, they're mainly for testing purposes. Plus the figure's been out for a while, so they've been slowly discharging all the time it's been sealed in its box.

Just get some decent-quality replacements. I've got Iron Man figures dating back to 2011 and the batteries in those are still going strong.
>>
>>5271538
It's kinda random.
I got a MISB Iron Man Mk5 last week, and the batteries were still functioning perfectly.

On the other hand, my MISB Mk43's batteries died after switching the lights on for like 10 mins.
>>
>>5271540
Yeah, just replace them with brand-name batteries as soon as you get the figure. No point in taking a chance on cheap test batteries ruining an expensive toy if they leak.

To be completely honest I leave the batteries out of mine nowadays, I only put them in if I want the lights on for photos.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.