[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformers General - too many MPs edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
Old thread >5264809
>>
>>5267740
Wow. I didn't realise how small some of the MPs, besides bumblebee, are.
>>
>>5267888
>Robot modes prioritized over alt modes
And fuck you too.
>>
File: HolyScaleChart_zpscf41fd42.jpg (176 KB, 795x1024) Image search: [Google]
HolyScaleChart_zpscf41fd42.jpg
176 KB, 795x1024
>>5267747
Never leave home without it!
>>
>>5267740
Them shoulders bug the hell out of me. Are we just throwing accuracy out the window with MPs now?
>>
Deco aside, is deluxe Silver Knight Prime good?
>>
>>5267923
He's mediocre. If you want a movie Prime that's middle of the road and deluxe-sized, go for it.
>>
>>5267915

Copyright issues. Welcome to America, your fun stops where the lawsuits begin.

Shit, I remember when an entire card game had to change iconography and card backs it had been using for years because, I shit you not, the Olympic committee was going to sue them because they thought it was too close to the Olympic rings logo.
>>
File: 20151106_124446_LLS.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151106_124446_LLS.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I just realized there should have been a 6th Headmaster Autobot that was never released. That back art picture shows all of them and one that looks like a target master but looking at the art more closely it's a Headmaster
>>
>>5268009
I mean would taking a closer picture of the art you want us to look at be so hard? Or did you just want to show off your old toys again?
>>
>>5267974
The Olympic Committee isnt based in America.
>>
>>5267740
>those proportions
>those shoulders
>those hips
So which 3p are you guys getting? I think Voodoo Robots looks pretty good.
>>
>>5268016
Actually no, I really was posting that back of the box but I got lazy to crop it.
>>
>>5268062
Sure the official MP looks pretty bad, but it still looks better than the current 3rd party Ironhide/Rachet.
>>
File: G1-toy_Crosshairs.jpg (174 KB, 771x500) Image search: [Google]
G1-toy_Crosshairs.jpg
174 KB, 771x500
>>5268009
You mean Crosshairs? I see no unreleased Autobots there.
>>
Didn't the bump limit on /toy/ get raised?
>>
>>5268112
Oh was that him? Why does he look like a headmaster in the art cause there is that separate part that jumps on his head.
>>
File: Rescuebots_hightide_megabot.jpg (73 KB, 700x545) Image search: [Google]
Rescuebots_hightide_megabot.jpg
73 KB, 700x545
>High Tide will never get a Titan class headmaster toy
>>
>>5268118
Yeah, but a lot of people are too retarded to notice.
>>
>>5268124
He will be a redeco of Broadside who will be a minor retool of Sentinel Prime.
>>
File: 1062015203210.jpg (142 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1062015203210.jpg
142 KB, 540x960
I was dubious, but Arcee is pretty cool. Both of her backpack parts can just pop on and off and she can use her lower one as a shield. I can dig it.
>>
File: DAMNDAMNDAMN.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
DAMNDAMNDAMN.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>Tfw choosing between MP Ultra Magnus or SOC Gunbuster
>>
>>5268173
Buy both.
>>
File: CTK__g6WoAAoME-.jpg (18 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
CTK__g6WoAAoME-.jpg
18 KB, 720x540
>>
>>5268092
This. The MP was working with a bunch of restrictions. The turd parties had none, yet most are still pretty weak, especially the head sculpts, which are really important.
>>
>>5268222
Oh hey, a blurry photo of something. What purple and yellow headmaster guys are there?
>>
>>5268222
"We have no current plans for beast combiners"
-Hasbro

Feel free to prove me wrong, though. I'd like an Abominus.
>>
>>5267740
I really hope Ironhide/Ratchet is better in hand that just seeing these promo pics.

I just feel that the work between the MP designers are really starting to have a big rift as more and more come out.
>>
>>5268226
3rd parties seem to think they each need their own distinct style, yet don't get that this actually drives customers away. Sure I can look at a shelf at tell you what company made what toy at a glance, but that means none of them really look good together.
>>
>>5268222
>oh, it's this shit again
>>
>>5268238
Sometimes it works to thier advantage where people will buy multiple of the same character. Like the Iron Factory ones, MMC, and ones that try to mimic Classics aesthetics.
>>
>>5268247
True, the problem is when they try to do MP figures. They always end up looking like oversized and over priced chugs.
>>
>>5268222
This again? We know it's not real.
>>
File: CombinerWars-whatcouldvebeen..jpg (1 MB, 1710x7124) Image search: [Google]
CombinerWars-whatcouldvebeen..jpg
1 MB, 1710x7124
What do you think of my combiner wars ideas? are they fun-pub/10?
>>
>>5268280
Some are interesting, but not fitting the line.
>>
File: BirdKnowsNothing.jpg (59 KB, 554x390) Image search: [Google]
BirdKnowsNothing.jpg
59 KB, 554x390
>>5268280

Is Skylynx going to be 2 seperate parts like he was in G1, or is the sabertooth tiger part going to be fused to the shuttle part? Anyone know?
>>
>>5268157
>Both of her backpack parts can just pop on and off and she can use her lower one as a shield.

Datguy already told us months ago.
>>
>>5268301
They're fused, unfortunately. If they could separate, they would have shown us already.
>>
>>5268301
He's one piece.
>>
>>5268307
>>5268309

That sucks. One of my favorite parts of Skylynx was the tigerbot. I mean, I guess it would be unweildy to make him 2 seperate parts, but they could've made the ship half one part and the tiger part a deluxe or something.
>>
>>5268280
Hasbro has finally trained its followers to come up with new forced retools on their own.
>>
>>5268323
It was just some things I came up that I would've preferred over the 2 waves of autobots.
>>
>>5268323
what's the matter anon? Don't you like all these absolutely brilliant ideas for buying the same toys over and over again? :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 283x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 283x262
>>5268383
>This image is a devastator repaint away from being reality
>>
>>5268383
I would but a blackjack repaint of goldbug, though.
>>
nice toy
>>
File: RBToy-High_Tide_playset.jpg (65 KB, 800x563) Image search: [Google]
RBToy-High_Tide_playset.jpg
65 KB, 800x563
>>5268124
He doesn't even have a rescue bots toy that turns into that mode.

Was itching to get this playset but the amazon reviews seem mostly negative.
>>
>>5268458
Just get the little figure with the claw.
>>
>>5268458
But that's literally a baby toy, the bad reviews would be from butthurt transformer fans expecting something more than its intended age group.

I got so bored one day I watched some toy channel and watched them actually play with that thing, I tell you what it was the best nap I ever had thanks to the boredom that video gave me.

But tldr it babby toy
>>
>>5268467
Nah the negative reviews are mostly parents saying how the boat is flimsy and cheap compared to previous Rescue Bot toys.
>>
>>5268458
Just get the little figure with the claw.
>>
>>5268474
> flimsy and cheap compared to previous Rescue Bot toys

Oh shit, ok that would be a big fucking issue considering these things need to survive children smashing it into walls.

Were the other sets as big as that, I clearly don't follow the product line, if so then we have a problem, if not clear cost cutting to keep a big toy as cheap as smaller things
>>
>>5268485
There's this : http://amzn.com/B00F8HAXHU
Same thing, parents complaining the trailer is flimsy.

I've never really seen tf collector reviews on Amazon, it's always
>My kid loves this!
>My kid broke this!
>>
>>5268173
Gunbuster all the way. MP Magnus is shit.
>>
>>5267740
What are my alternatives for good MP/Deluxe Ratchet and Ironhide figures in g1-esque style.?
>>
File: why.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
>people buying imported transformers from local stores

Why would you pay near scalper prices for these, are they just afraid to trust hlj/amiami?

Or is this a last resort?

>>5268522
The classics looked ok, you know the chug ones?

Otherwise 3p, but if you want the authentic g1 look there is the g1 toy...provided you acknowledge it ain't the character you grew up with
>>
>>5268383
I'd rather have the Rook repaint Ironhide than the one we got.
>>
>>5268526
>judging others for how they spend their money
>recommending classics ironhide/ratchet

You don't know shit.
>>
>>5268522
> Classics
>Animated
>Prime
>CW
>>
File: DamnGood.gif (2 MB, 533x300) Image search: [Google]
DamnGood.gif
2 MB, 533x300
>>5268526
>Why would you pay near scalper prices for these

In my case:
UW Superion local: 126 bux, no shipping fee.
Buying CW Superion bits: 30-50 per limb-bot, and 19 bux for Silverbolt. Plus shipping for each because people are shitheads.
UW Superion from Japan retailers: 134+overseas shipping

I saw a clear winner here and I took it. I ran into a similar situation with UW Menasor, he just was cheaper for me from US sellers. Defensor's the only one I could put together for MSRP.
>>
>>5267893
Well, I mean...yeah. I mean, it's in the fucking title of the line. If I wanted a scale model of a car, I'd buy a fucking scale model of a car.
>>
>>5268571
>> Classics:awful and looks dated
>> Animated okay, but don't quite fit the classics/gen/whatever style
>> Prime: Good Ratchet, monkey face awful Ironhide that was only released in Japan
>> CW: No CW Ratchet...
>>
>>5268554
What's the problem with the rook we got? You triggered by a police tank?
>>
>>5268644
I think he means he would rather have Ironhide be a repaint of Rook rather than Offroad.
>>
Didn't know where to post, so I'll ask here.

I want to fix the colors on a few figures, like the gray, yellow, and blue paint on my Cybertron Primus?

What can I get that's close to those colors to fix the paint wear, and mistakes?
>>
>>5268649

Model paints that are plastics-friendly probably. Like Citadel paints (which are fucking retardedly expensive).
>>
>>5268662
Bummer, I want to fix a few mistakes and paint wear, but it's not like I'll do the whole figure.
>>
Why aren't there enough reviews for the recent Slipstream figure?
She was the only Decepticon female I ordered. I'm indifferent with Nightbird and I think Blackarachnia's head is too small.
>>
File: YouFuckedUp.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
YouFuckedUp.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>5268687

Also most model paints aren't wear friendly-They usually require some sort of sealant, like a matte or gloss coat. I used to paint a lot of Warhammer 40k stuff, and let me tell you, paint does not hold well on non-primed surfaces, and is extremely prone to chipping/scratching/etc.

tl;dr Painting is hard
>>
>>5268157

How do you remove the lower skirt part?
>>
>>5268569
>STOP JUDGING ME

Go back to bbts optibotimus
>>
File: DSCN1643.jpg (747 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1643.jpg
747 KB, 1600x1200
Question, first of all I'm an Ausfag so our lines are fucked.

I noticed in woolworths they've gotten legion class transformers from animated, nifty for $8 aud, here is a recent purchase (not from woolworths but least I could find it quickly where's my sideswipe is currently buried into my metroplex).

But there was a tag next to it for cyberverse commander class for $18aud, I thought they were supposed to be small so what...could they be exactly?

I went to 3 woolworths stores (all 5mins drive which is disturbing), they have the tag and spot but nothing to fill them with yet (either that or someone rushed to them), what exactly am I expecting to see as the wiki mentions dark of the moon stuff...could we be that fucking slow or is this something the wiki lacks?
>>
>>5268750
Cyberverse Commander line was a series of larger than legion class figures (somewhere between Legion and Legend/scout in size/complexity) that retained the 3mm peg system of the Legions.

They're larger with more complex transformations than the standard legion figs. I think the line died somewhere in TF Prime, though.
>>
>>5268062
Im leaning towards the TFC ironwill, but still undecided. Im hoping someone like maketoys takes a crack at the van bros
>>
>>5268759
So I might see some tf prime toys then, well that's nifty, only got back into TF when CW started and missed out on prime stuff.

Also saw some "tiny titans" blind backs, was tempted but seeing what they're giving out and the fact I couldn't feel anything specific to anyone I wanted I thought I'd pass.

Why pay $5aud for a plastic block when I can pay $8aud for one that transforms right?
>>
>>5268712
Because reviews of Windblade already exist.
>>
>>5268712
tj omega did one, basically windblade with A rather large smile with half the head left unpainted plastic despite 0 available light piping due to painted eyes, new molded chest, null rays and no sword.

Nice paint colors though with all new parts made in transparent plastic
>>
>>5268765
Tiny Titans would be way more successful if they were oldschool micromasters.
>>
>>5268774
>old school micro masters

Oh shit yeah, I still got some of those things.

Its funny, as a kid I hated them because they weren't muh starscream or optimus prime and were just random gifts my mother gave to me, years later I'm chasing legion and legends class figures.

Seeing old school micromasters would be refreshing now I've learnt to appreciate the smaller scales
>>
>>5268788
It'd be cool if when micro masters returns, they'd come with those little bases, the lack of any transformers bases/buildings is saddening.
>>
>>5268793
Best we got to use is titan metroplex and the autobot ark currently.

I guess we are to blame for lack of micromasters, we've been wanting bigger toys (metroplex, devastator), combiners, head masters...makes me wonder, what could be the next "in" line for them to try?

A new idea, or another old idea...I hope not action masters, we had the movie accurate figures and they looked kinda fugly, leaving no hope for typical g1 accurate designs of non-transforming figures.

Pretenders?
>>
>>5268796
I Wouldn't mind if pretenders cames back, if the shells were well articulated. I love the decepticon designs.
>>
>>5268788
I liked them *because* they weren't muh starscream, which let me attach whatever personality I wanted to them, and duplicates were ok when my parents forgot which ones I had

>>5268793
Read my mind.
>>
>>5268806
Here's my pitch for Pretenders to return. Legion bots that fit inside of Hero Masher shells. No one wants Hero Mashers as it is it's a huge waste of Hasbro money, what have they got to lose by making them pretenders?
>>
>>5268788
Would have been nice for Micro-Master homages to have shown up in the Unicron Trilogy.
>>
>>5268810
So...poorly articulated shells that hold legion class toys that have detachable customizeable limbs?

I want to like your idea but the inner robot would have to have modified proportions for the outer shell to articulate or else the shell is compromized.

>>5268812
When I first watched armada I thought the mini cons were a homage to the micromasters, just done in a gimmicky way
>>
Whats Gold Plastic Syndrome, /toy/? Was watching some reviews of the Takara Tittyspider, and they mentioned they were worried about it due to her being mostly gold plastic.
>>
>>5268813
>When I first watched armada I thought the mini cons were a homage to the micromasters, just done in a gimmicky way

That's pretty much what they are. Brilliant move on Hasbro's part.

Kind of sad we didn't mini-con bases.
>>
>>5268813
Pretender shells only ever fit the robot in the body. Mind you I'm not talking about current legion class figures, but new ones that would have a compact mode designed to fit inside a body. Perhaps the figure without the robot inside it has a large section of its back or chest missing and the robot forms a sort of power master or cool backpack.
>>
>>5268818
Gold plastic has a tendency to end up brittle in a few years. Supposedly, this is no longer the case, but figures using gold plastic aren't common these days.

There's supposedly a solution to it now for older figures, but I haven't looked into it.
>>
>>5268818
Gold plastic, or rather the older swirly kind was really brittle and prone to breakage over time, deluxe prorform starscream suffered and that was more a bronze color, newer ones aren't such an issue...

Thing is titty spider uses translucent/clear plastic, that's another beast that should be handled sparingly
>>
>>5268824
To expand on that idea the shell figure would also have an Armada-like action feature that only activates when the robot is inside, such as a gun that flips up.
>>
>>5268824
Why not just have the transformer peg to the back of the Pretender? Cheaper, and all figures in the line would be compatible.
>>
>>5268830
Because then you enter play with this too's not-pretender territory of no one wanting it because it wasn't actually a pretender. The robot has to go inside, not outside, the figure otherwise the whole gimmick is shot, they're just armor or accessories otherwise.
>>
>>5268818
Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcjAUN5Ssj8
>>
>>5268838
Poor Randy.

That is an extreme example of GPS, though... And in a figure that's nearly 20 years old now. I'm pretty sure that they've changed up the kind of metallic swirl plastic they used to use now to prevent that from happening.

We'll see in few more years.
>>
>>5268846
Hasbro couldn't give a damn if toys shatter 5 years after they go off the market. So long as they last long enough to not get returned to the store that's all that matters.
>>
File: oh damn fuck no.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
oh damn fuck no.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>5268838
My protoform starscream is made of gps affected plastic.

Surprised he's still intact but I'm not gonna do shit like that
>>
>>5268818

A bane for collectors. Why even be a completionist if HasTak can't even be bothered to ensure their toys don't spontaneously crumble to dust?
>>
>>5268738
Sorry you got offended. >>5268738
>>
>>5268886
>Why even be a completionist if HasTak can't even be bothered to ensure their toys don't spontaneously crumble to dust?
Fucking A. I just pulled out that ROTF scout Dead End (the little red car) and his face fell off. Brown, not gold plastic and Optimus wasn't anywhere near him. And I never realized his beady red eyes were a separate part, they're still attached to his head.
>>
>>5268880
My Protoform Starscream is fine as well. My Protoform Prime on the other hand... tip of its gun broke off.
>>
>>5268157
Except the upper backpack is actually a signature feature of her design and add to her silhoute.

Not all kibble is bad you fucking nerds, this is like if you removed Prowls wings or Prime's smokestacks. Doesn't look right
>>
>>5268838
I am behind on my toy related knowledge but this makes me paranoid as fuck since I have a transmetal megaton sitting along with all my other old transformers in a bin in the closet. I dont even know what others may have it.

shit.
>>
>>5268922
>you fucking nerds
Hey kettle! Quit yelling at those pots!
>>
>>5268825
Well, everyone's fire convoy hasn't shattered into dust yet.
>>
>>5268932
But I'm sure the tires aren't all they're cracked up to be.
>>
File: ABW2016_Bumblebee_01.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ABW2016_Bumblebee_01.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>5267740
>Animated Beast Wars Bumblebee from the new cartoon coming out in the spring.
>>
>>5268981
And it truly looks like a Hasbro toy.
>>
>>5268981
Looks like a mc donalds toy passing off as habro retail.
>>
>>5268991
So business as usual then.
>>
File: test.jpg (60 KB, 800x438) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
60 KB, 800x438
Ok, haven't worked out the arms yet but my black power (TM) prime using grand scourge gonna be using both 2 swindles and 2 hound's for lower limbs, swindle because he has a black head/bit of a dealer type and hound because he's a military jeep/color variation.

So, who should form the leg and he should form the skates (the ferguson prime with rook skates inspired me with the peg at the top, swindle and hound feature the same peg design, though I'm only guessing if the jeep design would be enough to support a combiner on each), this creates the look of fancy over priced nikes, you know, the colorful ones.

Thoughts and or limb recommendations are welcome, need arm suggestions and remember, I'm not going for out outright black (getting sick of the offroad mold so not even going to use him at all unless little choice) and more or less a stereo typical "black" look.

Though...might get hoist, may end up grabbing 2-4 of them without recommendations, least the color is right apart from the old mold but kinda looks drab
>>
>>5268846
They have. GPS hasn't been an issue for a few years now.
>>
Tracks is shipping
It begins
>>
>>5267974
I remember that. They have some kind of all encompassing right to all designs that include interlocking rings.

Almost as bad as the Harmony Gold Macross license thing.
>>
You know what'd be cool? A post-apocalyptic Transformers toyline, set on an Earth devastated by the Transformer war, leading to the almost total extinction of Humanity. All the Transformers would turn into Mad Max style vehicles (like pic related but with more spikes and shit), and the Autobots and Decepticons would both have broken down into multiple factions. So you'd have the Autobots who still hung around Optimus, who's now a crazy murderhobo on a guilt-induced ragequest, Starscream's brigade consisting of the surviving Combaticons, the Seekers and a few others, the few Decepticons still loyal to Megatron, and of course some "lone wolves" like Bonecrusher, the only surviving Constructicon, who's painted himself red and used the parts from his fallen comrades to convert himself into a massive hulking brute resembling ROTF Rampage's quadruped mode, and Atari Hitotonari, a "Transformer hunter" who's built herself a transforming exoskeleton out of Prowl's corpse (homaging KP Atari who was partnered with the police car Autorooper).
>>
>>5269087
Military hardware vs consumer goods.

It was a race war from the beginning.

>>5269088
I want to like this, first thought though was g2 style art work for an accompanying comic series
>>
>>5269088
Better than the dreck being published today.
>>
>>5269090
That'd be awesome. Incidentally I first got the idea from MP G2 Sideswipe.

If we ever get a new TF comic series that isn't IDWank I want Derek Yaniger doing the art. Speaking of which I should seriously read the old Marvel UK comics.
>>
File: KupEnd_004.jpg (176 KB, 554x720) Image search: [Google]
KupEnd_004.jpg
176 KB, 554x720
>>5269088
Back when I was more active on tfw, I remember someone was doing there own storyline with customs that they called End of the Road. It was pretty cool. Here's a Kup I found just now from it.
>>
>>5269110
Holy shit that's cool
>>
File: tumblr_nqhmv0GQfj1rxojvro1_1280.jpg (131 KB, 850x556) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqhmv0GQfj1rxojvro1_1280.jpg
131 KB, 850x556
>>5269088
>>
File: tumblr_nqhmv0GQfj1rxojvro3_1280.jpg (114 KB, 938x626) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqhmv0GQfj1rxojvro3_1280.jpg
114 KB, 938x626
>>5269118
>>
File: DSCN9865.jpg (370 KB, 1440x1920) Image search: [Google]
DSCN9865.jpg
370 KB, 1440x1920
>>5269110
>>5269088
Mad Max style story line would be really cool and a good style shift from what's been done the last few decades, also it would force them to have radical, new character and vehicle designs unlike anything before. It would make more sense too for small casts, you can have jetformers be the final bosses because they don't fly around much because they have to conserve fuel, also fuck humans lol.
>>
>>5269122
>>5269110
>>5269088

What is transformers regeneration?
>>
>>5269123
I don't know... what is it?
>>
>>5269129
An IDW comic that takes place on a post-apocalyptic earth ravaged by transformer wars and the humans are almost extinct.
Also buster witwicky is a transformer hunter.
It's basically a continuation of the marvel comics.
>>
File: jet29k_1237245039.jpg (92 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
jet29k_1237245039.jpg
92 KB, 525x700
>>5269088
>>5269110
>>5269122

I've had an idea like this as well. I wanted to focus on more obscure characaters with the major players like Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee,and starscream MIA. Laser based weaponry would be forgone in lieu of ammo and melee weapons. TFCybertron Crosswise was one character I was thinking of using as a protagonist, since I think he was somewhat interesting and I like his hunter persona. BW Maximals/Predacons(mainly non-show characters) would exist as envoys between humans and TFs, as trackers since they're more acclimated to the landscape of Earth that makes up most of the surface, and able to consume far less fuel than Autobots and decepticons. Crosswise would travel with K-9, as an homage to MadMax. He'd meet up with other Autobots and a few human resistance fighters like Landmine and they'd start to form their own ragtag group.

One of the first villains they'd fight would be Overlord, who would be revealed in the end to be a corpse piloted by two humans.

Stratosphere was going to be an important deus ex Machina,as he was the only one with enough fuel to take the main characters across the ocean to meet up with an autobot Resistence cell lead by sentinel Magnus(basically a more serious take on the Animated version with some influence from the dotM sentinel). Sentinel would lead the pretense of bringing back the old Autobot order, when in truth he's using both human and cybertronian slave labor to rebuild the remains of Metroplex into the first of "New Cybertron".
>>
>>5269154
Tell us more.
>>
>>5269154
>he's using both human and cybertronian slave labor to rebuild the remains of Metroplex into the first of "New Cybertron".

lol I like it

DOTM was onto something when they had Mad Max Megatron, they should do that full steam ahead for the next movie
>>
File: dotm-megatron-robot.jpg (796 KB, 1269x1794) Image search: [Google]
dotm-megatron-robot.jpg
796 KB, 1269x1794
>>5269088
I guess you could play with DOTM Megatron for now.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 896x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 896x1024
Has anybody bought one of those dino
belly filler parts from Iron Factory for FOC Grimlock? Which of their two would
look better on the g1 colored Grimlock?
>>
>>5269199
Probably.
This still disappoints me.
>>
I know everyone hates funpub, but on the site for the collector's club, the store has several botcon figures listed for ten bucks a piece. Was wondering if you have to be a part of the club to buy them. I was going to get some for a friends Christmas gift.
>>
>>5269290
Yep. You need to sign up and give them your credit card info so hackers could get hold of it. But you get shitty comics and shitty repaints.
>>
>>5269290
You do.

Shame, as I'd recommend everyone get Electro at $10.
>>
>>5269290
>>5269301
On the upside, you'll get the year's freebie figure for signing up. It's either Ramjet or Skywarp (forget which) off the Armada Starscream mold.

And you can use a prepaid cc if you want to be safe from hacks.
>>
>>5269286
What?
>>
>>5269118
Until recently why was it so hard to get arms and hands right on combiners?
>>
>>5269325
For the case of PCC, they wanted to integrate the automorph gimmick to the limbs.

For Fruiticus, they wanted to integrate the fists into the robot, instead of using separate bits for fists and feet
>>
>>5268981
Is that supposed to be a new deluxe???
Looks like a damn babby toy...
>>
File: 1107151223-00.jpg (184 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1107151223-00.jpg
184 KB, 1200x1600
Got Windblade and Waspinator from the Ollie's sale today. Sadly no Arcee or Chromia.
I really like them. Have what I like about Transformers of cool parts arranging. Windblade has some serious case of molding flash though. Nothing an exacto knife can't fix.
>>
>>5269355
>For Fruiticus, they wanted to integrate the fists into the robot, instead of using separate bits for fists and feet

From a conceptual standpoint, I actually appreciated that, and I think it could actually work well if it weren't for the various factors that affect why modern TFs are made the way they are.
>>
>>5269199
The chromed one, the grey plastic has a diferent tone than the original FoC, I ordered the opaque gold add on just the day after they announced the chromed one, and I had to swap all the grey pieces for this custom, still waiting for the add on to arrive tho.
>>
File: 1107151230-00.jpg (181 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1107151230-00.jpg
181 KB, 1200x1600
>>5269384
Waspinator with some other insects.
>>
File: 1107151235-00.jpg (266 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1107151235-00.jpg
266 KB, 1600x1200
>>5269391
Shitpost mode.
>>
>>5269391
waspinator dun nid no other insects
>>
>>5269385
How well can it really work? A modern deluxe would definitely need CW handfoot-sized hands and feet to look decent, and the only place you'd be ale to integrate that would be in the chest, which is where you would need to place a sturdy combiner port.
>>
>>5269385
This.
The idea was good but making onslaught a deluxe is a stupid decision.

Those who are complaining about combiner wars deluxes must have forgotten how disappointing the FOC combaticons were.
>>
File: 1107151242-00.jpg (276 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1107151242-00.jpg
276 KB, 1600x1200
>>5269393
And Windblade with the main jet
>>
>>5269385
It also would have worked if the FoC line didn't have a budget of $12.
>>
>>5269401
Not just that, but I feel the budget changed from $20 to $12 midway, meaning they had to do what they could mid-stream rather than try to design a simpler one from the beginning.
>>
>>5269395
It may work if
>They relax the requirement to have human hands. Some can have human hands, some claw-arms, some cannon-arms
>Make wholly original designs that do not need to share likeness with some show/comic/game model.
>>
>>5269398
Windblade having a holster gun, I wish they didn't make her so fucking anti-gun, that was Drift's stupid shtick.
>>
>>5268981

>beast wars

Wot
>>
>>5269434
Looks like a retool of Buzzer-Bot
>>
>>5268981
I like it, and would buy an official version of it.
>>
>>5269302
Shit, I want that but I've heard so many bad things about their shop.

Do they accept paypal?
>>
>>5269456
99% sure they don't. And I think that would have basically prevented the hacking thing.

I recall people joking that they don't use Paypal because they're too cheap to pay the fees.
>>
>>5269460
Oh God, the International Membership is 82 dollars, and I don't care about their shitty magazine.

There goes buying Mirage, Electro, and Thundercracker for cheap.
>>
>>5269464
On the up side, if they're that cheap there, their price all over ought to come down.
>>
>>5269309
Okay signing up is one thing. Does that also mean full on subscribing, or can you just make an account to buy the figures and nothing else?
>>
>>5269468
Maybe you can just make an account on there to use/view the forums or something, I don't know, but you need to be a club member (pay the subscription) to actually shop there.
>>
>>5269434
>>5268981
Reminds me of this kick ass fanart of a flipchanger BW Bumblebee
>>
>>5269394
>maximals thinking the wasp looking vehicon would be the eagle wolf and not the evil wasp
Made total sense.
>>
>>5269467
Not really. Ebay has a few for 30, but none have free shipping, so I'm looking at over 100 dollars on 3 figures.

The only one's sold in sets at a decent price is one at 50 that includes Sandstorm, and Electro, but I don't care about Sandstorm (didn't like the Skyhammer mold that much either).

But I'll keep an eye for better deals, since they'll go down eventually.
>>
>>5268526
>Why would you pay near scalper prices for these, are they just afraid to trust hlj/amiami?
After shipping my Nightbird and Slipstream were the same price as just getting them from BBTS would have been since I had the Pile of Loot thing on.
>>
I'm waiting on my leader Ultra Magnus to come in.

I've had some interest in the leader megatron mold, but just haven't bitten the bullet.

I'd like a villain to display beside Magnus, but I heard that the lower half of megatrons bot mode sucks.

Would I be better off getting one of the seekers?
>>
>>5269772
Holy shit can you actually add Tidal Wave to Armada Generation Megs?
>>
>>5269778

I actually haven't tried that myself but i saw this and saved it because i thought it looked cool.
>>
>>5269772
They have been saying Overlord since they did the Generations WfC Bruticus/Ruination. At this point it's not happening.
>>
>>5269772
Yeah I was mainly eyeing the Armada megs. The g1 version looks nice, but nostalgia and better paint apps pulls me more.

And what I've heard about the lower half is just that the articulation is meh at best.
>>
>>5269793
If we ever get one, I hope he turns out better than Magnus, or Jetfire.
>>
File: jetfire after MTMTE#35.jpg (280 KB, 1001x715) Image search: [Google]
jetfire after MTMTE#35.jpg
280 KB, 1001x715
>>5269799

I actually own both of those figure and yet i've still not opened either of them.

and i've had Jetfire since last Christmas.

i'll get around to it soon.
>>
>>5269789
That', and proportions are kind of weird (mostly on the legs). While the thread gimmick was nice, I would have preferred they nixed it so they could improve the proportions, or at least beef up his legs.

Oh, and this is a minor thing, but if they always intended to reuse that mold, it would have been nice if the back threads could be placed on his shoulders like the original Armada Megatron.
>>
>>5269822
So you're saying I won't regret getting it or not getting it? Its cool, but not a must have?
>>
>>5269832
Pretty much.

Magnus is better, but he main issue is the hollowness in certain parts, and the cannon on the shoulders not being able to pivot forward without having to move the whole arm.
>>
>>5269822
I would have liked bigger horns on Armada Megs
>>
File: CFzuToaUMAAvwI1.jpg (58 KB, 599x453) Image search: [Google]
CFzuToaUMAAvwI1.jpg
58 KB, 599x453
>>5269817
It's fine. If you're going to post, you may as well understand proper etiquette.

OT: So is pic related coming to US stores? All I've seen are Phillipine sightings and online listings.
>>
File: Transformers.png (3 MB, 1877x653) Image search: [Google]
Transformers.png
3 MB, 1877x653
Hey /toy/, you guys gave me a bunch of suggestions to start my collection off with, and some pretty good ones.

Well, heres what I got with those recommendations. All pretty nice shit that I am enjoying immensely. Not pictured: UW Menasor, because my asshole post office couldn't fit him in my box and closed before I could get there.

Also gonna pick up CW Magnus and Starscream, just waiting to see if they go on sale this upcoming Black Friday. And maybe a Windblade just to complete my "Charlie's Angels" of femmbots there.
>>
>>5269950
Magnus is probably my favorite of the Generations Leaders. He's super fun.

How do you like Chromia? I have Arcee but not her.
>>
>>5269955

I actually like her quite a bit. I got her basically as a freebie more or less, as someone had a lot deal for her and Arcee and it worked out to be about the same as just buying fucking Arcee by herself with the shipping.

Only downside is her upper arms are made of a kind of softer plastic and it feels like if I turn her forearms too much, it might break them because her forearm ball joints on mine are very tight. Up/down with them is fine, but side to side feels like I'm asking for a snapped limb. Grimlock's transformation arm joints kind of feel the same, except they're not soft plastic, they're just really tight ratchet joints.
>>
>>5269961
I got that G1 colored Grimlock last night. Hollow belly aside, I like the dino mode way more than I thought I would. It looks nicer in hand than pictures made me believe. I fear for the chrome, though. God knows when it will start to flake...
>>
>>5269970

As long as you're not hurling him around he should be good. Shit, my G1 dinobots still have their chrome on, and they survived my shitty childhood.

Are your Grimlock's arm ratchets really tight too, or is it just mine?
>>
>>5269976
>my g1 dinobots still have their chrome
I believe they had far better chrome, though. I mean, other stuff that's come out recently (such as Jetfire) had really shitty quality chrome.

My Grimlock's arm joints (i assume you mean the shoulders) are pretty tight, too.
>>
>>5269991
>My Grimlock's arm joints (i assume you mean the shoulders) are pretty tight, too.

Yeah, his shoulder ratchets that are used in transformation/to "slide" the arms out. Alright, guess it's not just me then.
>>
Are there any good places to buy vintage/used TFs in Cincinatti, Ohio?
>>
>>5269914
I've seen it in Glasgow in the UK so he's made it outside of Asia at least. I imagine you guys in the states should be getting him sometime soon.
I'm not sure if you have Toymaster/A1Toys over in America but that's where I seen him, along with some of the other Platinum Edition box sets.
>>
>>5269914
No info yet.

Unrelated to that, I want a new Trypticon so bad.
>>
>>5269970
There's a 3rd party upgrade for that to cover his belly.
>>
File: IMG_20151107_162356.jpg (349 KB, 1024x1237) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151107_162356.jpg
349 KB, 1024x1237
Does anyone know why UW long haul has a large piece of unpainted plastic in his forehead?
>>
>>5270143
It looks like the green plastic reflecting off the silver paint.
>>
>>5270143
Its the green plastic reflecting. It's the same for my Long Haul.
>>
>>5270143
Oh shit are the UW Constructicons out already or is this just a promo photo?
>>
>>5268173
I'm still torn between SoC Goldymarg and UWtator...
>>
>>5270160
Promo photo off of twitter from @TFYUKI
>>
File: TFTM_LongHaulwithKickback.jpg (20 KB, 405x307) Image search: [Google]
TFTM_LongHaulwithKickback.jpg
20 KB, 405x307
>>5270143
Because on the show, Long Haul had a black block behind his head.
>>
>>5270324
Oh wait you said forehead. Disregard everything I am a retard
>>
>>5267915
I'm more concerned with the bumper.
>>
>>5270118
Fuck I want more Rooks, that foot config looks amazing.
>>
>>5270409
Have fun with no stability.
>>
File: MegatronusRM.png (1 MB, 1600x1338) Image search: [Google]
MegatronusRM.png
1 MB, 1600x1338
Went to TRU a few hours ago looking for warrior class Megatronus.

They are having that $10 off of $50 in tf stuff, but only things worth noting was I finally saw a battle core prime, motormaster, and devastator.

Didn't want/need any of those.

I just want a damn megatronus with awesome headsculpt.
>>
File: trailbreakerfullyloaded.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
trailbreakerfullyloaded.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
>>5269950

that's pretty impressive for a beginner's collection, the collection i had when i started was like Energon Rodimus, Snowcat, Starscream, Armada Hoist, Armada Sea Minicons, and Universe Blackarachnia back in 2004.

Do you have an Ollies near by because they have a lot more Generations figures that came in waves similar to Arcee and Chromia. I believe like Scoop, Waspinator and Rattrap are in the wave.

so are you mainly aiming for Classics only or are willing to mix in other series aesthetics.

also i'm guessing you have a lax policy on repaints...since you've got both Optimus and Motormaster (in the mail)

also pick up some Generations scouts like Bombshell, Shrapnel, Powerglide/Viper, Cosmos, Swerve and Tailgate/Windcharger if you can they're pretty damn solid toys.

also i'd recomend Generations Trailbreaker/Hoist, it was released in 2013 so it shouldn't be too difficult to get...I think?

hope you enjoy collecting.
>>
>>5267740
The fuck happened to MP hand sculpts? Since MP-10, they've all been a decent sculpt that molded each finger in a different length. With this new, Kobayashi-designed batch, they've become uni-length tendrils that look like shit.
>>
>>5270484
The official release has shitty as hell colors, get that version.
Kamen Rider Decade repaint shoop pls.
>>
>>5270510

Well, I dumped a shitton of money into it. I figure, the rest of my family always collected shit, guess this is my version of "collecting some shit".

>Do you have an Ollies near by

Closest one is like, Albany. Over an hour away, each way, and I don't even know where it is because I've never been to Albany. I'd be pissing away money on gas, for no possible return.

>so are you mainly aiming for Classics only or are willing to mix in other series aesthetics

I'm mostly aiming for stuff from my childhood. So, G1-looking stuff mostly. My problem with other series is usually their aesthetics...Are shit. I absolutely cannot stand the spindly limb, Samurai Jack-esque stuff, and I especially hate the flat, noseless faces from a lot of TF series. It looks like shit. A lot of redesigns of older classics just end up looking bad. Even TF Prime, a series I liked overall, I wouldn't collect a figure from, because the basic character designs were pretty fugly to me outside of maybe Soundwave, who is also retardedly expensive from what I've seen. Of course, there are always exceptions, I have no absolutes in this. I just get what appeals to me.

>also i'm guessing you have a lax policy on repaints

I have no problem with repaints. A lot of TF's are traditionally repaints with minor adjustments, honestly.
>>
>>5270542
Yeah I want the clash one.

I was thinking of a different rider b
>>
>>5270543
>New York

Not sure if you're in the area, but there's an Ollie's in Niagara Falls.
>>
>>5270548
That works too.
>>
File: EveryDamnTime.gif (961 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
EveryDamnTime.gif
961 KB, 245x250
>>5270549

Nowhere near there either.

My current biggest problem is my lack of Decepticons. I'm waiting on CW Bruticus/Galvatron to come out whenever that does, my Menasor's gonna be sitting in a fucking post office for 2 days now because I live in a shitty town the size of a mosquito's dick, so it's never open past noon, and my only other Decepticon's gonna be Starscream. And I'm about at my spending limit once I get Magnus and SS. All this stuff was my Xmas present to me, more or less.
>>
>>5270561
If you want my opinion, just skip getting Magnus for now. You've got a shit-ton of Autobots and Magnus will be around for a while. Personally, I suggest going for CW Cyclonus, Offroad, and the Legends Insecticons.
>>
>>5270570
>Magnus will be around for a while
You say that but hes the worst distributed leader. Hes just now msrp online.
>>
>>5270576
True, but while he isn't really available at stores, he's plentiful online, at least from what I've seen.

Maybe it'll be a Generations Whirl situation where he's scarce early on and then becomes a shelfwarmer for months.
>>
>>5270543
>I absolutely cannot stand the spindly limb, Samurai Jack-esque stuff, and I especially hate the flat, noseless faces from a lot of TF series
There are so many cool concepts from Animated but the aesthetics do not good in toy form for me.

I'd kill for Generations Jetfire/Jetstorm/Safeguard, Generations (Animated) Wreck-Gar, Generations Bulkhead, and Generations Oil Slick to go with RTS Lugnut and ROTF Lockdown.
>>
>>5270570

I can't skip Magnus. He's too awesome to skip. I could maybe pick up Cyclonus, since he's cheap as fuck on Amazon, around 15-18 dollars since he keeps hovering between that cost area. And I guess I should pick up Blackjack for my Menasor, and a Groove for Defensor there.

>>5270589

I'm gonna bet Magnus is a Hell of a lot more popular than Whirl. I literally don't even know who the fuck he is.

>>5270596

I'd like to see a Generations Bulkhead. I liked him a lot in Prime. And I need a Wreckgar at some point, but he's not a high priority for me.
>>
>>5270607
Isn't that just what the FE is?
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 682x417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 682x417
>>5270628
FE's aesthetics aren't quite classics styled. PRID got pretty close, though.
>>
Why do people complain that CW Magnus has a hammer?

You have the option to literally never make the hammer.

Why complain?!
>>
You know, for such a high price-point toy, Hasbro really hasn't done much with Titan Devastator. Didn't Metroplex get several redecos? Devy just has his retail version and the SDCC one.

The weirdest part about it is that Devy has way more repaint potential than Metroplex did. G2 yellow, Diaclone, even RID Landfill colors would be really cool.
>>
>>5270648
Because Transformers without complaining is like chips without hydrogenated oils.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-07+at+10.51.51).jpg (223 KB, 910x682) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-07+at+10.51.51).jpg
223 KB, 910x682
%50 pre-CW voyagers and $10 Megs, managed to get the last Bombshell as well.

I'll have to return Sky Byte though, I had no idea he was so shitty, gonna check out another TRU for more voyagers tomorrow
>>
>>5270628

FE?

>>5270648

I wish more Autobots came with melee weapons. Kind of a shame CW Optimus/Megs didn't come with their axe/flail.
>>
>>5270654
$10 off Megs*
>>
>>5270648
Because the hammer was really disappointing. I guess people think we could've gotten better weapons for magnus if Hasbro didn't have to also make everything form into a hammer. I honestly just wanted some 5mm fists.

I don't even use the guns on my magnus, just the shoulder missile things.
>>
>>5270656
That's how I feel. I have no desire to own motor master, but I want that sword like crazy.
>>
>>5270648
My gripe is they gave him a hammer without the wrist and hand articulation to hold it in any meaningful way
>>
>>5270659
I think they should've made the hammer it's own thing. I loved the hammer the TFA Magnus came with. stored away perfectly and looks awesome.
>>
File: r_hasbro-bulkhead-142[1].jpg (143 KB, 600x381) Image search: [Google]
r_hasbro-bulkhead-142[1].jpg
143 KB, 600x381
>>5270656
>>
>>5270679
This might possibly be the best engineered mold ever
>>
>>5270685
It's not, but whatever floats your boat.
>>
Is it in any way feasible to have a toy that has a robot mode that can either go from super bulky, to tall and lean?

I was thinking something like the Fallen/Megatronus having two robots modes: one where he more resembles his RiD cartoon look, while the other resembles his RotF appearance.
>>
File: Magic.jpg (80 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
Magic.jpg
80 KB, 720x479
>>5270705

Something that starts bulky and short and has a lot of fold out parts to stretch it and make it lean, I guess.
>>
>>5270705
Animated Shockwave/Longarm Prime did it.
>>
>>5270685
>>5270700
Yeah don't forget about the RoTF leader Prime mold
>>
>>5270570
>Legends Insecticons.

What are some decent prices for those? Fucking Skrapnel I keep seeing for $20. For a Legends. What the shit?
>>
>>5270607
I've been wanting a generations Bulkhead forever considering Lugnut and Lockdown now have G1-ish counterparts.
>>
>>5270729
Here in Canada the Legends go for $12, it's alright.
>>
>>5270732
I just use FE Bulkhead as Generations Bulkhead since that's how he looks in the IDW G1 comics anyway
>>
>>5270720
Is he fun to transform once you learn how, or is he a pain in the ass to transform like MP Megatron? I've seen leader primes at flea markets a few times for pretty cheap (missing a few parts), presumably because a kid got it and couldn't figure it out.
>>
File: american police.jpg (69 KB, 500x687) Image search: [Google]
american police.jpg
69 KB, 500x687
>ordered extra streetwise and Rook so i can have all police/swat limbs for a combiner
>just need badass JUSTICE torso bot
>>
>>5270732
He would have a gimmick where hi head can be rotated into his body and have a Hedmaster plug in
>>
>>5270744
Do you have hotspot yet? Get him.
>>
>>5270746
>we will never have titan wars Headmaster Unit
>>
>>5270755
>Headmaster called Headmaster
Sounds like a bootleg
>>
So I ordered the takara magnus about a week ago, are there any improvements he has over the hasbro version, besides the paint?
>>
>>5270760

New thread
>>
File: R_metroplex088.jpg (72 KB, 500x652) Image search: [Google]
R_metroplex088.jpg
72 KB, 500x652
>>5270705
Cybertron Metroplex has this "work mode" where he's short are kind bulky while his normal robot mode is very lanky.

Also, I guess you could count some of the Optimus Primal toys in a way as they convert from a short. bulky gorilla mode to a usually taller, leaner robot.
>>
Resurrection.
>>
File: transformer and gtfo.jpg (141 KB, 617x528) Image search: [Google]
transformer and gtfo.jpg
141 KB, 617x528
why mods why, just let us move on.
>>
>>5268266
case in point: >>5258960
Seriously, third parties need to ditch this MP scale mentality and so do their consumers. If you want to make an MP scale figure, do it for a character that doesn't have much chance of getting one and do it in G1 aesthetics. Don't CHUG it up and then make it needlessly huge. Likewise, the ans need to stop calling everything they put out MP scale even when it's not. I can't even count the number of times I saw people calling Warbatron's stuff or MMC's Predaking "MP scale".
>>
>>5268765
I'd be surprised if Woollies bring out anymore Cyberverse commanders. If you've got one that gets in legions, you're doing exceptionally well.
>>
>>5269914
Australia is apparently getting him, but going to be $400 or so.
>>
>>5268385
There is a Devastor repaint in there.
>>
>>5270758
Feels like a bootleg!
Thats hasbro quality, folks!
>>
How many threads do you transfags need?
>>
>>5275542
Three. Apparently.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.