[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is /toy/ related I suppose. I'm getting into /toy/s,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 390x365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 390x365
This is /toy/ related I suppose.

I'm getting into /toy/s, and I plan on getting into Figma, Neca, SH Figuarts, Star Wars black series, Marvel (Legends infinite series) and DC (Icons).

I have two questions, and I'm pretty sure the answers are subjective:
1. In your opinion, which one should I get started first?
2. Do you guys even play with your /toy/s?
>>
1. Skip all american stuff. Only get figma and Figuarts of characters you care about. Focus on something. Take a look at nendoroids if you want too.
2. Yes.
>>
>>5203490

1. Get which IPs and designs you like. Order doesn't matter. However, I feel like you'd appreciate the articulation more if you started Black series and ended with Figuarts or Figma with the rest being interchangable in the middle.

2. 'play' is also subjective. I pose my toys and take pictures of them, and I do this pretty often, but is that really 'playing' with them? Did you mean crashing them together and making sound effects?
>>
>>5203490
FOr marvel characters I definitely recommend the more recent Marvel Selects. The articulation is almost on par with the Legends and the sculpt and paint detail is much better
>>
Get anything you like. Don't be so caught up with stuff people think will become rare.
Don't listen to >>5203493 Nendoroids are overpriced le baby vinyl trash, unless you're really into that stuff.
>>
>>5203525

fuck you buddy, I don't even collect them but who are you to say he doesn't like something if he didn't specify. It's worth checking out at least, even if he hates the shit.
>>
>>5203525
>vinyl
while I agree that they're trash, you clearly just don't know what nendoroids are.
>>
1. Get whatever interests you the most first, though convention exclusives, when they're being released, are always my first priority. Trying to guess what non-exclusives will end up being more expensive on the after market is just a huge headache.

2. I don't even open my toys.
>>
>>5203525
>Nendoroids are overpriced le baby vinyl trash
0.5/10 trolling, try harder loser
>>
>>5203490
1. If you plan on getting into all of them... what difference does the order make? With western stuff, buy what's available now on shelves or on amazon. With japanese stuff, pre-order what will be available and look on amiami, HLJ, and mandarake for what is currently out there. Just start buying. It's that simple. Also, like >>5203509 said, look into Selects. Legends win in volume, Selects win in quality. There's no crime in having both.

2. Yeah, I pick them up and put them in various rad poses.
>>
>>5203509
>get something out of scale with the rest of his figures

>>5213848
I don't know. Sure the sculpts tend to be nicer, but even the newer ones have a lot to catch up with the articulation of the legends of the same characters. at least they aren't statues anymore.
>>
>>5215100
It's about having the knowledge of what is better case by case, not just picking sides and saying that that's as far as you go. That leads to a collection that hurts itself. The new MS NOW Thor, for example, is arguably the best Thor figure on the market past or present. I mean, it's a flipping miracle of toy making. MS Colossus is far better than the old Toy Biz one and looks much better in a modern display, either with new Legends or Selects. The better articulated ML BAF Thanos is a distant runner up to the much better looking and imposing MS. And I don't care if Hasbro has a BAF lined up for him in the future and it's loaded with more articulation than a chinese acrobat, there's no way we'll be getting a better representation of Juggernaut than the MS one for a long, LONG time.
>>
1. Get whatever you like OP. I have a good amount of neca and figmas, because that's what interests me.

2. I pose them, but I don't "play" with them in the traditional sense.

For american toys go to your local comic book/hobby shop. They usually have marvel select/DC toys. Big box(toys r us/target/walmart) stores have black series and marvel legends. Sometimes you'll find them on sale for super cheap.

Also, barnes and noble has dragonball and gundam stuff. Just be prepared to pay full price because it's all imports.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.