[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bored ex-TRU employee. Ask me anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 425x118) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 425x118
Bored ex-TRU employee.
Ask me anything.
>>
File: SPN-10.23-3-630x420.jpg (41 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
SPN-10.23-3-630x420.jpg
41 KB, 630x420
What does it all mean?
>>
Did you ever catch a kid stealing something? As a little boy I would all the time
>>
File: wut.jpg (65 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
65 KB, 500x375
>>5198455
It is all just an intricate dance of distractions from thinking about cheese.
>>
>>5198465
I personally never caught a kid, but there were several others who did. I worked in electronics so I stopped a whole bunch of dicks from trying to steal games, consoles and controllers.
>>
You can't be alive, TRU "disposes" of its employees if they leave the company.
>>
>>5198470
How often was that?
>>
>>5198473
They only destroy us mentally.
>>
When it says "Toys 'r' US", does it mean that you were considered a toy? Could I play with you if I pay 10 bucks?
>>
>>5198474
Hm, usually only close to holidays or on weekends , when we were at our busiest and they think we're not looking.
>>
>>5198480
Good one, I haven't heard that from like 50 creepy dudes before.
>>
>>5198448
how is the security? Can I get away with stealing shit?
>>
How was the pay-working hours combo? Terrible I presume? Because it's pretty much my future, if I'm lucky.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 600x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 600x445
>>5198482
So you're a girl
>>
>>5198487
Hell yeah you can. Security is shit and no one watches the cameras unless they suspect something is up. Which only happens when the front counter calls management for a nigger alert or whatever. I've seen people walk out with those huge lego sets and no one stops them. Sometimes we follow you back to your car to grab your license plate, though.
>>
>>5198487
I stole a Toybox Takeover (Disney Infinity) game piece. I wasn't paying $20 for that shit and it was easy as shit to rip out. Walked out and drove home with no one suspecting a thing.

I'm a grown man stealing from a children's store , so who really wins in the end?
>>
>>5198488
Be prepared to stay well after your shift if you're closing, because you have to re-face the store after the little shits tear it apart. Which sucks for people who use public transit. During the christmas season when the store stays open until 11, sometimes I wasn't out of there until 2am. And then it was back for my shift at 8am.
Pay isn't horrible, if you do well, they give you a decent raise every year. By the end I was making $15/h.
>>
do any of those "manufacturer coupons" work? Don't wanna pay full price for a PS4
>>
>>5198492
oh no you have seen through my cunning ruse, well done, sherlock.
>>
How many times a day do you masturbate? (on average)
>>
>>5198502
Head office knows well in advance of those scams and I never saw anyone try to use them.
>>
>>5198505
Usually just once, and that's only if my partner and I have opposing shifts and he's not around to get ploughed by.
>>
>>5198504
Landwhales can't really afford to have such snarky attitudes, miss.
>>
>>5198512
Where's the rest with the asians and mexicans?
2/10
>>
IS IT TRUE THAT TOYSRUS KILLED SANTA AND HIJACKED HIS TOY FACTORY?

IS THAT WHERE THEIR TOYS COME FROM?

WAS IT WORTH IT? ALL THESE TOYS IN EXCHANGE FOR THE LIFE OF A CHUBBY MAN.
>>
>>5198517
Well I've never received a shitty toy car made of wood, have you? I'd say it's pretty fucking worth it.
>>
File: Sorry No black guys.jpg (83 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
Sorry No black guys.jpg
83 KB, 500x435
>>5198516
Sorry, you're right.
>>
there's a qt that works at my local TRU, would it be weird if I approach her during weeks?
>>
>>5198526

>Pork is haram

Well played mudslimes, well played.
>>
>>5198532
Is toy store, not girlfriend store.
>>
>>5198526
Sweet! It got longer and funnier!
>>
File: tumblr_m2faxjV6m81rtdfggo1_500.gif (486 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2faxjV6m81rtdfggo1_500.gif
486 KB, 500x341
That's all, folks.
>>
>>5198547

Thank u
>>
>>5198532
Yea, don't listen to the bitch in >>5198542. She's probably only saying that because she's one of those girls who thinks she's a 10/10 but is really only a 3/10 with makeup.

You can approach a chick anywhere except maybe a funeral or abortion clinic. Otherwise, just be respectful, cool, and confident. If she's into you, she'll give you her number. The worst she can do is say no, and then you can move on to another chick; because there are plenty of them out there.
>>
How often does Tru check the returned items inside? Do they open them up and check?
>>
>>5198590

Just remember, people don't like crazy bitches.
>>
>>5198448
How good are the discounts?
>>
>>5198590
>lesbian feminist detected
>>
>>5198590
Fat cunt detected. How surprising.
>>
>>5198560
Actually no. The worst she can do is say you raped her and then you spend the next thirty years of your life in prison getting anally ravaged by Bubba the AIDS afflicted Chimp while she goes on to collect your entire life's savings and anything valuable you may have once owned.

And she'll get away it too, even if later she admits she lied and recants her entire story at worst she'll just get a mildly worded reprimand from a cop about why lying is bad mmkay. That's how fuck this world is. And that's why 2D is infinitely superior.

Not making any of the above up, by the way. Know way too many guys in college who had this exact thing happen to them.
>>
>>5198542
those exist?
>>
>>5198696
/r9k/ get out.
>>
>>5198696
tumblr pls go and stay go
>>
I asked a cute girl that worked at Toys R Us out once and we dated for a year. Checkmate tumblrailures.
>>
>>5198493
>nigger alert

So this is a thing? You guys call management when a black person comes into the store?
>>
>>5199260

Good management doesn't need to be called to watch black people, they spot them and give their full attention immediately.
>>
When I worked there, TRU used a "greet and assist" tactic to combat theft. This means if you see someone acting suspicious, grant them extra attention, because nobody will try to steal something when you're trying to make conversation with them. Essentially you buly them out of your zone and into another, or hopefully out of the store.

I'm sure I've lost perfectly legitimate sales before from trying to talk to a scruffy faced lad "just passing though" the MLP aisle.
>>
>>5199959

You're not allowed to chase them down, too, so yeah, they just want you to talk them to death. It's always the black moms that would come in with strollers or carriers and load shit up that way.
>>
>>5198696

I don't think Coach PK would teach false rape calls to their workers. It's just not very becoming of them! Nobody in their right mind would...do...that...
>>
>>5198448
>
>Why your toys are too expensive. lol
>Why do nerd guys fight the police with lightsaber toy from your stores?
>>
>>5198847
>tumblr
>false rape reporting

I think you're confused friend.
>>
>>5198496

Should have stole the trading card too

Toys'R'Us wins
>>
File: homer mad.jpg (20 KB, 370x449) Image search: [Google]
homer mad.jpg
20 KB, 370x449
>>5198448

Are you that piece of shit who told a young 11 year old boy that he owned the original Unicron toy and that his uncle was the president of Mattel?
>>
>>5198448
Why did you get a job at TRU? Did you think it would be some fun magical toy land and not a shit retail job with a slight toy theme?
>>
I think OP is gone, but for anyone else itt: do you guys have any horror stories? Like kids climbing on top of the shelves, crazy soccer moms, or neckbeards taking toys from childrens' hands?
>>
OP is long dead, guys. Once he posted on 4chan, toys r us could track him down easily. He should have stayed silent like Sarah Connor
>>
>>5198611
This. I passed up a job with Toys R Us a couple months ago because I picked up a delivery job a few weeks before but I was wondering what the employee discount was like.
>>
>>5200558
10%
>>
TRU can be a weird place just because it's so big and old stuff from YEARS ago that just never got bought can be shoved to the back of the shelves and forgotten about.

I remember pretty recently I went in there and found a fucking original Diddy Kong Racing figure. That game came out in 1997.
>>
Have you ever witnessed a pedo in your stores or kids getting abducted by pedos?
>>
File: mTCo3OIZ0vPdH5MyphGsCpQ.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
mTCo3OIZ0vPdH5MyphGsCpQ.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>5200530

I have plenty.

I believe it was my first or second Black Friday event, so this was back in 05 or 06, it was when Baby Alive had just come out and was hugely popular. It's nuts, there's people everywhere, as per the typical horror stories you hear about Black Friday.

Well at one point during the night, this middle aged woman comes up to me and starts yelling and ranting about how some asshole took the last Baby Alive out of her mother's hands (the elderly mother was in a wheelchair), and right behind them is the supposed asshole guy, with a Baby Alive in his hands, yelling and ranting at me how he DID NO SUCH THING, etc.

People are disgusting children, no matter what age, don't let yourself ever believe that anyone is mature or respectable if they're adult, because all it takes is some shit toy like a Baby Alive to turn them on one another.

Anyway, they're fighting with each other, the old lady is still sitting in a wheelchair just looking old and pitiful, and I stop them, tell the lady to just follow me, so we go to the aisle where the BA was stocked, I lift up the valance sign (the things above the aisles) and pull down another BA for her. The guy had followed us over for some fucking reason too... But yeah, I knew we'd stuck a few extras up top since we didn't want to have them upstocked or anything.

Mexican families were awful too. Any time they'd come in, they'd go wreck the Wrestling aisle. I remember one time walking and checking/facing stuff a while before closing, and this asshole was standing there while the kid was climbing up two shelves trying to look at the pegged out Jakks Wrestlers. I was like "He can't do that." and the guy gives me this nasty look, then grouches at me asking if we have a stool he can stand on instead. I'm like, noooo, we don't. Why don't you pull shit off the pegs for him to look at instead of having him King Kong it fucktard?
>>
>>5200686

Ugh, and bikes...fuck bikes! I remember one season where this little black kid was riding a bike through the store. I stopped his stupid little ass THREE TIMES and told him to take it back to the bike section, and each time he'd try to be a sneaky fucker and ride it more. I remember distinctly after catching him the second time to WALK it back to the bike section and leave it there, and he acts all sad and starts walking it...then turns the corner (I followed his ass without him knowing) and he immediately jumps on the bike and starts to take off again...I jumped him so fucking fast.

Little fuck. God damn I hate kids and their parents.
>>
>>5200690

TRU back of house here. Once an old lady asked me where the Stuff McDickens toys were when I obviously meant Doc McStuffins. I nearly lost it. I have other funny stories if anyone's interested.
>>
>>5201059

I had a woman come up to me and ask me where I kept my big balls.

Hand to God, worded it exactly like that, I had a co-worker with me and had to bite my lip so hard and just take her to the dump bin with what she was after.
>>
>>5198487
About... seven years ago, I stole thousands of dollars worth of toys from TRU/Walmart. There were multiple occasions where I'd just hold whatever in my hands and walk right out the door in plain sight.

If you wanna steal, act like it's already yours.
>>
>>5201079

And another story real quick since I just remembered it:

I remember setting an aisle for all the music shit we never sold, Karaoke, etc. Anyway, I'm on the floor, moving the base deck, putting in the new backer paper, and this retarded guy walks up to me and goes "Where do you keep your hard drives?" or something...he was asking about some computer part. And I just stare at him kind of dumbfounded and try to politely say "We uh, don't carry stuff like that..."

And without missing a beat, the retarded guy goes "WELL THEN WHAT THE HELL GOOD ARE YA?" and storms off.

It was incredible.
>>
>>5198497
>Staying three hours later
Damn, your store has a shitton of extra hours to give out. At mine the max we stay is about 50 minutes and then we all need to get the fuck out whether we're done or not.
>>
>>5198512
You sound like literally any 15 year old ever.
>>
I worked there for a seasonal stint but this is the most heart warming story yet.

So this mom and her little girl, probably barely older than 5 or 6 are looking for plushie kind of thing of Spiderman.

I end up finding something fairly similar but then the little girl wanted to know if there was a Deadpool one.

This is easily three years ago, way before any movie annoucements and even the Waypool push wasn`t around. She knew about Deadpôol from older comics so most likely just after Cable and Deadpool.

So I`m tell them there`s a whole Deadpool Corps and despite knowing that there`s a girl verison, she wanted the original Wade Wilson himself as she was going to dress up as him for Halloween.

She was the best kid.
>>
>>5198546
I've heard girls say this before...
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.