[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pre-orders are up: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de tail?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 22
File: 4537807100139.10.jpg (59 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
4537807100139.10.jpg
59 KB, 640x640
pre-orders are up: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-010396&page=top

>fucktons of accessories (handgun, assault rifle, rocket launcher, knife, idroid, cigar)
>poseable eye
>removable scarf/goggles
>$30

was considering getting the PAK but this looks so much better. fuck man, i'm excited.
>>
Preordered.

Damn with April and May it's going to be a fun (and expensive) couple of months for me. I've got MGS2 Snake figma, Lucina figma, Pyramid Head in April, and Sakura figma and Venom Snake revomini in May.
>>
Awesome. I wonder when the soldier guy is supposed to come out too. I need a few of them for Snake to troll.
>>
>mini
>>
>>4750007
It's not about the size. It's about how you use it.
>>
File: FIGURE-010396_18.jpg (45 KB, 800x510) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-010396_18.jpg
45 KB, 800x510
Kind of neat the AK can be taken apart.
>>
>>4749970
I don't play Metal Gear because I lack any Consoles, but damn these figures are pretty damn cool. Wish I could play the games then I'd probably get the figures.
>>
>tiny joints revealing a massive void in his knees
And people complain about PAK knees
AHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAAAAAAA
>>
>>4749970
that cigar is ridiculous, looks like dildo
>>
Absolutely preordered.
>>
File: freud2.jpg (53 KB, 620x706) Image search: [Google]
freud2.jpg
53 KB, 620x706
>>4750049
If you say so.
I think it looks more like a shotgun shell.
>>
>>4750031
Considering PAK would be double or three times the price, and revoltech gimmick has been interchangeability with other revoltechs, yeah.
>>
>>4750070
Not to mention y'know greasy looking and shit like all other PAK's.
>>
>>4750070
In another thread someone said the Revolminis aren't mean to be modular and some joints just can't come out. Can you still mix n match?
>>
>>4750070
>>4750090
Minis are not like Revoltechs, the joints are meant to stay in. They have a catch to keep them in place but you can take them out, especially if you heat up the plastic enough. But you ran the risk of wearing down the peg holes if you do it too much I guess.

So I guess this is a different bunch, but in the past month or so people did nothing but bitch about Mini Venom Snake, and here all of you are excited...
>>
>>4750124
People always gonna bitch about the revolminis.

Snake and Cyborg Ninja are way too much fun for me to pass this up. Prethefuckordered.
>>
>>4750026
yeah, i noticed in the description it says
>can be combined with parts from other products

wonder what that's all about?
>>
>>4750164
Talking about the enemy soldier, who also comes with a modular gun, It said it can become grenade launcher, sniper rifle etc. So it means that.
>>
>>4750188
oh right, damn that's cool.
>>
>>4750030
>I don't play Metal Gear because I lack any Consoles
I assume you are posting from a computer, correct?
- Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2 (both excellent games) were ported to PC.
-3 (which is the best entry in the series IMO) can be perfectly emulated if you have a reasonably powerful system.
- 4 you will need a PS3 to play.
- Rising was ported to PC, you will again need a reasonably powerful rig.
- You can emulate the PSP releases of Peace Walker and Portable Ops.
- Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain require either 360, PS3, PS4, or Xbone.
>>
File: mgsv.jpg (181 KB, 1049x728) Image search: [Google]
mgsv.jpg
181 KB, 1049x728
>>4750201
Both MGSV's are on PC.
>>
>>4750201
>- Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain require either 360, PS3, PS4, or Xbone.
In correct, actually.

Both parts of Metal Gear Solid V are getting PC releases, Ground Zeroes already is on steam, and has been there for quite some time. But that aside, there really isn't any reason not to pick up the Metal Gear Franchise as a PC only Gamer, sans Guns of the Patriots.
>>
>>4750201
Oh, well screw me then, thank you for the info. Looking for a dl of 1 and 2 now.
>>
>>4749970
Looks excellent, and it's got a lot of stuff for the price, even at that size.

I got turned off of the revo minis though, so I won't be picking this guy up. It'll still probably be better than the PAK though.
>>
>>4750239
You can emulate any of them really, don't got to buy em'. There's even an update of MGS1 you might want to play instead. Only on GC so you'd need dolphin for it.

Course kojima said he'd like to remake MGS1 on the fox engine, after MGS5 comes out, some day.
>>
Thanks for the heads up. I also preordered Gray Fox since I passed on him the first go around.
>>
>>4750253
I wasn't planning on buying em.
>>
>>4749994
looks like may 15th for snake, june 16th for the soldier.
>>
>>4750330
Oh perfect. That'll make it easy to combine a shipment on HLJ
>>
>>4750257
Oh, then try twin snakes first on the GC. Some people hate it, but it's essentially a MGS1 upgrade in every way.
>>
File: 12705611722192c1n.gif (361 KB, 294x173) Image search: [Google]
12705611722192c1n.gif
361 KB, 294x173
>>4750253
>>4750369
>recommending twin snakes to anyone
please stop
>>
>>4750418
>not liking good, clean fun
>>>/v/
>>
>>4750369
yeah expect voiceactors, cutscenes and gameplay
>>
>>4750418
Why? Because Ocelot dropped his gun? Seriously, no one has ever explained why it's worse.
>>
>>4750436
Because it's Kojima's personal End Of Evangelion where he just use his media to take a piss at his fans for taking his work too seriously.
>>
File: 1414790302916.gif (598 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1414790302916.gif
598 KB, 320x240
>>4749970
>$30
Holy shit that's how much Snake and Raiden cost and those were full size Revos. Turns out shrinking the line so they could lower the prices was just a straight up lie, but then again if people are stupid enough to buy them in droves then there's no stopping them. Revoltech really has become the new PAK.

Also it looks like he's smoking a fucking nerf dart.
>>
File: FIGURE-010396_13.jpg (79 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-010396_13.jpg
79 KB, 800x800
you've gotta be kidding
>>
>>4750457
It seemed like a faithful remake where he goes a little too far in some areas, and adds a little more humor so it's not as serious as before.

I did not get any iota of ill intent from it, seems fine to me.
>>
>>4750487
looks good to me, better than Solid by leagues.
>>4750479
>Holy shit that's how much Snake and Raiden cost and those were full size Revos.
Were they? I thought they retailed for more, but were 30 with dsiscounts. It's not just them doing it, GSC is getting in on price gouging too, fuck bandai is with their damashii line in some cases. Toy companies are becmoing aware of the aftermarket and charginng those prices up front, except some companies.

It's all going to pot, but then you vote with your wallet, and maybe it'll clear up.
>>
>>4749990
>Implying all those figmas won't get delayed
>>
>>4750496
But he still did it solely to piss off the fans.
>>
>>4750124
>but in the past month or so people did nothing but bitch about Mini Venom Snake, and here all of you are excited...

Welcome to the vocal minority.

People are going to bitch though. /toy/ acts the exact same as /v/ half the time.
>>
>>4750510
did what exactly? did he say he did?
>>
File: MrRal_GBF-1.jpg (47 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
MrRal_GBF-1.jpg
47 KB, 960x540
>>4750487
>>
>>4750516

>Ral: the teen years
>>
>>4750513
He said it himself by the end of the game ''you're supposed to realised you're not a secret agent on a secret mission to save the world. you just some asshole pushing some buttons'' just google it. Or something like that. whatever mate YOU liked it, 90% of the rest of the comunity hated it for the reasons I mentioned. You wanted your answer on why people disliked it so there you are. They where expecting a serious game for serious gamers such as themself and where meet by farts jokes.

You know, they went over the fucking top with revengence and the dialogues are corny as fuck but people expected that so people enjoyed it.

It's really fucking simple, deception tends to piss people off.
>>
>>4750520

He's 35 in the show.
>>
>>4750543

I know, it was a joke about how Ral looks a lot older than he actually is, and the figure's face looks kinda like a slimmer/younger Ral.
>>
>>4750567

Oh.jpg
>>
>>4750026
>Ground Zeroes rocket launcher
FUCK. I have to get this.
>>
>>4750523
>90% of the rest of the comunity hated it for the reasons I mentioned.
90% of the rest of the community needs to take the fucking sticks out of their ass. Not expecting a Kojima game to take the piss out of the player, and the series in general, is pretty fucking retarded.
>>
File: cvm.png (81 KB, 268x243) Image search: [Google]
cvm.png
81 KB, 268x243
>character name: naked snake
>not Venom Snake
>>
File: sneak.jpg (57 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
sneak.jpg
57 KB, 500x438
>>4750596
I'm glad Faraz is doing streams again. I was really starting to miss him.
>>
File: spiderfox13.png (415 KB, 1280x517) Image search: [Google]
spiderfox13.png
415 KB, 1280x517
On one hand, his face looks like a potato. On the other hand, I do like my Snake Mini even with his messed up face. On the third hand, all the busy design really translate well to mini scale. On the 4th hand, all those accessories are fucking neato.

I'll probably buy him once he gets re-released. I also would really like a Mini Fox reskin like pic related.
>>
I pre-ordered this.

It pisses me off, because I don't particularly like any of the revoltechs I own and I really don't like the way this looks but I love Big Boss and the price is good. At least I have more fun with the minis than the regular revos.
>>
>>4750609
*doesn't really translate well
>>
>>4750609
>3rd hand
>4th hand
Mistral, pls go
>>
>Yen drops

>Japan makes sure the world gets less for their money than ever before
>>
WOOOOHOOOOOAAAAAAAAH!
>>
>>4750828
>Japan makes sure the world gets less for their money than ever before
More like shit is more expensive to produce now.
>>
>>4750828
If only japan had their own oil. Murricans would got cheaper jap pvc toys and 14 more pearl harbors.
>>
>>4750999
bullshit. everyone's just been trying the shrinking game to pocket more money and failing at it.
>>
File: AFdirs5.png (806 KB, 911x1022) Image search: [Google]
AFdirs5.png
806 KB, 911x1022
Where's the best place to get Solid and Cyborg on the cheap? I love them but I don't 60$ love them as my comic shop would have me pay, especially not when standard revoltechs are 60.

I don't know what the search terms are for Mandarake but I looked up Solid Snake and Gray Fox and only got PAK
>>
>>4751333
Wow, brilliant, where'd you get your degree in Economics?
>>
>>4751351
Amiami has Snake on back order, you just missed out on the re-release preorder window for Cyborg on Amiami though.

Amiami does list the Japanese names in small text right under the English title, could just copy and paste that into Mandarake.
>>
>>4751405
Ahh fuck, figutres.
I'm also battling whether Figma snake is worth 90 goddamn dollars
>>
>>4750805
>tfw no mistral revoltech
>tfw no winds of destruction revoltechs
>tfw no armstrong revoltech
why can't we recreate these bossfights
>>
Just in case no one has mentioned it, but the water bottle on his belt can come off and be held by one of the hands
>>
>>4751424
I could if I had Raiden, Sam's almost done.
>>
Revol is ugly as fuck, it's nothing like big boss in video game aside the cloth.
>>
>>4750523
Are you confusing MGS1: The Twin Snakes with MGS2? Everyone hates The Twins Snakes because it puts MGS1's setting and guards and patrols in MGS2's engine with zero re-balancing. MGS1 wasn't hard, by any means, but TTS is a joke to play. Shadow Moses has even smaller areas than the Big Shell, so MGS2's first-person aiming is even more broken
>/rant
>>
About how tall are these revoltech minis?
>>
I dunno why you guys keep complaining about paks and revolminis, they aren't 6 inch like the majority of your collections are
>>
File: 15209669224_3346088a81_h.jpg (427 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
15209669224_3346088a81_h.jpg
427 KB, 1600x1067
>>4751769
Just a tad over 4". They look a bit too large next to GI Joes unless you fudge the heights by having Snake kneel or something, but they fit in pretty well with most Marvel Universe figures IMO.
>>
>>4751737
It's a mess presentation wise too. It's graphically superior and plays smoother, which is obviously the draw for many, but they redid the cutscenes to have Snake acting totally out of character, performing jumps and flips like he's in the Matrix, and they re-recorded all of the dialogue with voice actors who clearly don't give a shit anymore. None of the epic lines from the original are delivered with any gravitas or impact (or sillyness).

Stick with the original, 100%.
>>
>>4751368
fuck off moron, if it was really costing that much more EVERYONE would be out of business by now, but clearly more and more companies are arising and existing companies are producing more lines than ever.

They're making a killing of anyone stupid enough to buy shrunken revoltechs at more than half the cost of a regular one because they think they'll never have any other choice if they don't buy.
>>
>>4751784
Not to mention the facial animation is super bad on almost everyone. Snake gets it the worst, though. The scene where Fox dies had me cringing. And Otacon looks terrible just in general
>>
File: Metal_Gear_Solid_5_Big_Boss.png (345 KB, 456x772) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_Solid_5_Big_Boss.png
345 KB, 456x772
>>4751722
it's based on the artwork. i can see why other people might not like it, but i'm always a fan of yamaguchi's sculpts personally.

stylized toys look way better on display in my opinion, assuming you know how to pose.

>inb4 some fuckface starts bleating about muh game accuracy
>>
File: Dante main.jpg (34 KB, 550x399) Image search: [Google]
Dante main.jpg
34 KB, 550x399
>>4751953
>claims its based on the art work for the game
>looks like all other Yamaguchi sculpts but with a wash
yeah, no
>>
>>4751977
If "all other Yamaguchi sculpts" look accurate to the source artwork, what's the problem? Both versions of Snake so far have reasonably good likeness if that's what they're based on (and it clearly is) especially for the scale.
>>
>>4752017
>(and it clearly is)
No it's not. I can see what you're saying, but no it's not. I'd assume Yama here used the concept art as a reference, but his sculpts tend to turn out this way either way. It's impossible to say unless he came out and said it directly.
>>
Honestly if you're going to play the Metal Gear series leaving out the first two games for the MSX is a huge mistake because there's a lot of plot and things referenced later on that wouldn't make a lick of sense like at least watch a let's play or read a summary
>>
i'm not sure if i want this it or not, it's not in scale with anything i have, plus i have a lot of faith that big boss will get a figma someday.
>>
File: DCCJaeLeeWave1.jpg (102 KB, 820x395) Image search: [Google]
DCCJaeLeeWave1.jpg
102 KB, 820x395
>>4752390
People on /toy/ have a weird definition of what "accurate" means. It seems most people here just think having the general points for the overall look (two eyes, a nose, a mouth, cartoony) means it's accurate.
Accuracy means how exact it looks to the source, and Yamaguchi's style is noticeably different from the artwork, so it's not accurate since its two different looks.

Pic of true accuracy. Pure UNF.
>>
Looks fine
it is just "yamaguchi"

Any news on future mini ironman line?
>>
File: DSC03843 - Copy.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
DSC03843 - Copy.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
Doesn't look that great to me.
I'm glad I picked up the PAK one, and that it ended up turning out to be great even though I know PAK's quality tends to be wonky.
>>
Need some Spiderman and Venom minis
>>
>>4753409

lol I have problems with Yamaguchi sculpt but what the fuck did that superman and batman came from, because if that's accurate to the source, maybe it shouldn't be accurate.

the 2 on the left looks like shit.
>>
>>4752608
They summarize all that shit in MSG1.
>>
File: x-factor-85.jpg (83 KB, 400x618) Image search: [Google]
x-factor-85.jpg
83 KB, 400x618
>>4753653
>hating on Jae Lee art
I guess it's an acquired taste and his older art was even sharper.
Still, he's quite popular (hence the toyline being made for his run on Superman/Batman) and those figures are more than accurate, they're damn near perfect.
>>
Why don't you order on amazon? Minis are around d $30 on there.

Also, it's my first time shopping with aniami. What is the preferred shipping method? I'm on the west coast (oregon).
>>
>>4756539
EMS. Costly, but it gets there quick.
>>
>>4753510
Damn, I'd love those. Plus a mini Green Goblin with Glider.
>>
>>4753504
I dunno, The long neck and lipstick thing really bothers me about this figure, it's why I picked up the Ground Zeroes PAK instead.
>>
>>4753504
>all that glossy shit
literally why
>>
>>4753835
Yeah, he's one artist I could never get into. I remember he did some work on WildCats way back and it just looked like garbage. Felt the same way about Ramos when he did some Gen13 stuff.

But what do I know? Everyone seems to have loved Ramos' Spider-man and apparently people dig Jae Lee. Different tastes, I guess.
>>
File: Impulse and Legion.jpg (63 KB, 400x599) Image search: [Google]
Impulse and Legion.jpg
63 KB, 400x599
>>4757103
Man, Gen13 was just fap material and i can see why you'd hate Ramos being on there.

Ramos is a great artist though. Love love his stuff and i wish he'd get some toys made. All the old ones, even his Crimson statues just look too derpy.

Still, Jae Lee's much more mainstream now that he doesn't make everything look like they're made of needles and spikes, which wouldn't translate all that well in toy form.
>>
>>4757177
Eh, my problem with Ramos' stuff is mostly that it's extremely cartoony and he draws characters with gigantic mouths and stupid proportions.

That said, you're completely right that Campbell did his best to make Gen13 wankmaterial. Still, it was an enjoyable read for a very short time before it just got stupid.
>>
File: WOLV046003_col.jpg (143 KB, 688x1044) Image search: [Google]
WOLV046003_col.jpg
143 KB, 688x1044
>>4757177
I mean, what the fuck is wrong with Wolverine's neck?! I don't remember Wolvie ever suffering from microcephaly.
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.