[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weird /toy/ habits?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: c1241095.jpg (108 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
c1241095.jpg
108 KB, 500x500
Hi /toy/,

So I'm just sitting here wondering if I'm the only one who has weird habitual behaviors with regards to toys/figures/collectibles. For example, I never handle any of my stuff without washing my hands first, even when there's nothing sticky or grimy on them. I don't know when the habit started but it's one of those things I started doing and now I just do instinctual whenever I go to move some of my stuff or open up a new item. It's also something I ask others to do before handling my stuff. I know it sounds autistic, but I just hate when people handle my things with grubby hands; including myself.
>>
i wash my figures before storing or putting them on display.
Hate that lube they put on toys, which they never take off all the way when putting them together and packaging them.
>>
I wear Nitrile gloves while handling/posing my figures, which are kept safely in a glass display case. I have literally never touched most of my collection.
>>
I'm worse, I never open the boxes they're in and I wrap them up in a layer of cellophane. Next I place them on the shelves.
>>
>>4534015
I just buy entire lines of toys and keep them in the distribution box they came in, without opening it. I then put the box in my bank vault, shut it, then never see it again.
>>
>>4533985

I do the exact same thing, OP
>>
I always wash my hands and clean my desk before doing anything with my figures.
>>
>>4534048
I collect just the shipping boxes, I throw the toys away. I store them in my backyard in the corner.
>>
>>4534015
>>4534048
I'm even worse, I buy the crates the manufacturer ships on boats across the Pacific to their domestic HQ, and store palettes of them in a warehouse I have a lease on. The crates are never opened. I offer tours for free on weekends. No one has come yet.
>>
I cum uncontrollably on my shinkis. Can't help it, always decide never to do it again, always do it the following week.
>>
>>4534087
I just buy the entire boat.
>>
I wash my hands before handling my figures too I don't think it's weird.
>>
>>4534101
I buy toy companies and store them in my gym locker.
>>
>>4533985
I'm okay with it, but I do wash my hands if they feel overly greasy, or if I recently ate something that exudes some oils.
Oils tended to transfer easily from my hands to the figure before, so it's a understandable precaution.
>>
I have to leave my Transformers in whatever mode they're not packaged in the first night I have them.
>>
If I feel that my hands are oily or dirty I will wash them before touching any of my toys or electronics.
>>
When building minifigs from a set, I always put the headgear on last, and I do the same thing with eyes on Mixels.

An anon in the Lego generals got me in the habit of building only from the finished pictures on any set under $15.

I always bring a few toys in my backpack for photo ops when I go longboard through the park. Not very weird in comparison to other /toy/soldiers, but I can't wait to see the look on the cop's face when he finds a grinder, a pipe, and a Millennium Godzilla vinyl.

>>4533985
I'm trying to get into the same habit. Nobody besides my wife and I really handles my stuff anyways, but I'd have to keep some pretty disgusting company for me to ask them to do the same.
>>
>>4533985
>I never handle any of my stuff without washing my hands first, even when there's nothing sticky or grimy on them.

Fuckign this 100% this, sometimes I get lazy and just look at my collection that i want to pose or move around and I just blow it off. Or after gaming and scratching my head or something i look at a figure and can't bring myself to re-pose it w/o going through washing my hands and being super careful.
>>
File: 2169707_big.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2169707_big.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
>>4533994
That's not that kind of LUBE my boy, No Lube.
>>
>All these germaphobes
My weird habit is taking a toy to the bathroom with me instead of a newspaper.
>>
>>4534695
I do this, too.
>>
Depends on the figure.

LIke my Ada Hot Toys with her rubber body, I wash my hands before hand due to the skin adn the silk dress. Same goes for Jill's rubber suit.

Otherwise, its not a big deal.
>>
>>4534695
As long as you're cool with briefly submerging your toys in a cloud of shit and piss particles, all's groovy. Your toothbrush lives in that cloud after all.
>>
>>4534695

It's nothing do do with germs. I just don't like my figs to feel greasy/grimy, so I remove opportunities where it could happen (IE, when I handle them).
>>
I always keep a toy next to me when I'm working. Even if I go work in a another room, I'll bring one with me to fiddle with while I'm thinking.

Though this doesn't really feel that weird.
>>
>>4533985
>For example, I never handle any of my stuff without washing my hands first, even when there's nothing sticky or grimy on them.

That just means you're not disgusting. Which is actually pretty weird when you consider how many nasty people are out htere.
>>
>>4535789

Pretty much this.
>>
I shower before opening a new figure

It's nice
>>
>>4536109
Same, but it has nothing to do with not dirtying the figure. I shower right before I sleep, so opening a toy is like...a nice finisher to the day, after I'm done with everything else.
>>
Any toy with brushable hair I will usually give a quick wash to before doing anything with it. A lot of them have that nasty hard glue in it that looks unnatural and often is just hiding a really bad cut job. Haircut gets fixed and styled with silicone based wig product and dried. Similar for cloth on toys, a lot of looser parts like sashes and coats that are packed separately in the box look shitty and out of scale when first put on (Hot Toys Jack Sparrow was a pain to get right). So I tend to fraycheck raw edges, gently wash everything, and while its still a little damp it gets ironed, put on, ironed again or even misted with a tiny bit of the wig product and then hit with medium heat from the blowdryer. Full scale fabric just doesn't fucking hang right on a 1/6 scale toy fresh from the box.
>>
>>4535789
This. Especially if chromed parts are involved.
>>
>Open box cafefully and remove figure.
>Toss box it came in.
>Always wash hands before handling figure.
>Never touch hands, face, legs, feet, or places of dirty origin, IE floor.
>Don't like for anyone to touch them unless they follow the rules and are carefull with it.

I hate being like this, but fuck damn people can be nasty.
>>
>>4533985

You're not alone OP, i do the same.. Especially with my retro or figma stuff
>>
>>4533985
>fuck GF good
>finish the deed
>she passes out and i get up put on my boxer briefs
>have some peace and quiet so i go to the living room and start playing with my toys
>100% sure my hands have bodily fluids all over them but they are dry by now
>no fucks given.
>>
I wipe my hands on my pants after eating before handling my toys.
>>
>>4537407
Once you get pussy, you don't give a fuck about germs.
>>
>>4533985
>I'm so cheezed up...
>>
>>4534012
>I have literally never touched most of my collection.

Wrong.

You have literally never touched most of your collection with your bare hands.
>>
>>4537652
>you are literally a massive faggot
>>
>>4537801
>6'3 and bearmode
>gay as a unicorn shitting sunshine and skittles

>you are literally a massive faggot

Yep, you're pretty much on the money.
>>
File: spongegrin.jpg (29 KB, 360x178) Image search: [Google]
spongegrin.jpg
29 KB, 360x178
>>4538055
Do you touch your collection with your...bear hands?
>>
I work all day so I usually find my packages waiting for me once I get home. First thing I usually do once at home is to take a shit so I often check my figures on the shitter.
>>
>>4538069
Yes... yes I do.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.