[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interstellar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14
File: 84.jpg (54 KB, 310x396) Image search: [Google]
84.jpg
54 KB, 310x396
Will we ever see a figure from this movie? Would it even be marketable?
>>
Only geek movies get figures. Is Interstellar a geek movie?
>>
>>4521523
Hot Toys or Pop
>>
>>4521523
I want a goddamn TARS figure that you can rotate all the sections and unfold out limbs and such

It'd almost be like some crazy Rubiks cube

TARS best brobot of all time
>>
>>4521523
>make a dope figure of astronaut guy in any scale
>it sells out fast as fuck

This will never happen because it would be a good idea. I could see neca producing this but they actively avoid good franchises made after 1990
>>
It's as marketable as Inception
>>
>>4522001
>>
>>4522003
That's made out of cloth, it's dirty as shit, and morbidly obese. If I received one for free, I would sell it. Certainly not "dope."
>>
>>4522003
Man, I can't decide if I like this thing or not. On one side, it's a skeleton in an astronaut suit which my goddamn fetish, but on the other flip of the coin, he's so fat.
>>
>>4522132
Just pretend he's an american astronaut
>>
>>4522129
>>4522132
>>4522134

But.... the fatness is the best part.
>>
>>4521523
Love that spacesuit design, would be great to get even just one main figure of the MC.
>>
>>4521523

I'd buy a Hot Toys with Tars or a cockpit display or something.
>>
>>4522134
kek
>>
>>4521598
build one out of lego
>>
Thanks for making me realise how much I want the bots.
>>
File: tars-interstellar.gif (1 MB, 795x355) Image search: [Google]
tars-interstellar.gif
1 MB, 795x355
>>4521523
Suits were pretty cool, if Hot Toys made it I'd buy one and keep the helmet on, not all that thrilled to buy a Matthew Mcconaughey figure. If they made an Ann Hathaway and nailed the headsculpt, I'd leave the helmet off.

Like everyone else, I want a fucking Tars. There is a vast hoard of money to be made there, and it wouldn't even be that hard. You really just need four beams that rotate around an axis, and some detachable manipulator limbs.
>>
>>4527449
>part swapping limbs
>not a fully transformable self contained transformer type

lame anon, lame
>>
>>4527450
I'd like it if they could pull it off, but I fear that integrating a transformation might compromise the looks of the toy.
>>
File: 15749597262_f221816967_m.jpg (14 KB, 181x240) Image search: [Google]
15749597262_f221816967_m.jpg
14 KB, 181x240
>>4527456
>might compromise the looks of the toy
>a toy might look inferior to the prop because a toy needs part swapping addons and shouldn't be fun and transforming like how the robots were in the film

you have no imagination
>>
>>4527459
they could do both, a good looking collector's version that matches the look of the movies, and a cheap transforming children's version for playing with
>>
>>4527460
>they could do both
>implying people wouldn't just want a popvinyl static block of plastic because its a brand everyone enjoys

No one enjoys taking risks anymore huh? Lets hope space aliens from the future hear our love and send us one.
>>
>>4527460
That sentence is contradictory. The robots were made to be easy to maintain/build and weren't splashed in fancy colors just block letters to identify which is which. So the idea of a company making a simple toy with rotating arms and features in the toy would be a more idealized version of them because a fancy collected edition, statue, would just capture a moment in the film when a mere childs toy could work as a custom army builder or even be something one could carry around in the pocket to fiddle around with whenever.
>>
>>4527463
I get what you're saying, and respect it, but if if you offer an adult collector two toys:

A. Looks like a Hasbro product, all unpainted grey PVC with some tampos for screens, but has transforming arms

B. Brushed metal look with printed displays under acrylic sheets to simulate screens and weathering to reflect damage taken in the film, but has swappable arms

Which do you think they'll choose? Aesthetics DO matter to most folks, even if you want to play by the rules that making the toy in a utilitarian way matches the philosophy of the bots in the film.
>>
>>4527470
I'd choose both, though I understand your point.
>>
>>4527470
Nah man its really simple' do you care about the idea and execution of the film you watched or was it because of the film you watched that the robots were good? You realize after cooper gets back to the space station he just makes another one, kipp, and we hardly get to know what kind of character he is because he only has a few lines of dialogue. I imagine anyone would even remember kipp's name because they are replaceable and merely tools to serve mankind
>>
>>4527463
who said statue? I mean t a well done toy, like a hot toys or a threea. They aren't super "playable" but they're poseable and capture the look of what they are.
>>
>>4527475
What the fuck are you talking about? Of course someone wants a toy of the robot because they thought the robot looked cool.
>>
>>4527479
>They aren't super "playable

They are test robots in a game about portals with no interesting folding gimmick like the superior bots from intergalatic had, just walking and high fiving because it makes funny videos for the community to giggle about. Also it doesn't help that 3A and neca use brittle plastic that crack easily because of the child safety laws they have to adhere to. Wait, 3A has that 'this is not a toy only for ages 15 and over' warning on all their boxes. Scratch that.
>>
>>4527482
>Of course someone wants a toy

They should make one, out of lego because its easier than mold making and resin work

>they thought the robot looked cool

Cool because it was a rectangle box or cool because it was a rectangle box that could fold out and transform and do neat things like have arms come and and little lever arms to control joysticks with?
>>
Transforming mechanics > lazy partsforming
>>
>>4527485
Okay?
>>
>>4527503
'Okay?' is not an answer.
>>
>>4527487
It could also move around by itself. are you demdaning that all toys of it also move around by themselves?
>>
>>4527490
Literally only transformers fans care about "partsforming"
>>
>>4527506
>are you demdaning that all toys of it also move around by themselves?
>It could also move around by itself

wow' you sure can't separate what happened in the film to what I expect a toy to be able to replicate, like transforming or something. Thats just crazy, right? To expect a toy that could simulate what happened in a film?
>>
File: ultimate-swiss-army-knife1.jpg (194 KB, 1061x884) Image search: [Google]
ultimate-swiss-army-knife1.jpg
194 KB, 1061x884
>>4527507
>only transformers fans care about "partsforming"

I would too, seeing how the robots could transform limbs and such and not rely on part swapping. Its like they were designed to be multifuncitonal
>>
>>4527509
>To expect a toy that could simulate what happened in a film?
yeah,like how it could move around by itself.
>>
>>4527505
Please point out which part of that manifesto was the question.
>>
>>4527511

Nah, you're just misunderstanding. The robots moved around themselves by rotating their colums and using gravity. I guess it would be too hard for any company to replicate that.
>>
>>4522002
under rated post
>>
>>4527514
You seem confused if you're the one asking questions and expecting no answers.
>>
>>4527522
>I guess it would be too hard for any company to replicate that.
No toy then. If it can't do what it did in the movie, It's shit
>>
File: 987.jpg (31 KB, 366x292) Image search: [Google]
987.jpg
31 KB, 366x292
>>4527529
Same way optibotimus said these panels on the ede can't move when they do in the movie. I'm betting the hot toys will be able to though
>>
Ahhh. why can't we just get a /collector/ board so we can peacefully discuss high end collectables and not have trolls hate on something because it' wouldn't be very fun as a toy to play with like their 5 bucks transformers.
>>
>>4527533
Because you can hide those posts and pretend everyone agrees with you and nothing is ever out of place in your perfect world.
>>
>>4522003
Wow that looks like shit. Does 3a make anything good?
>>
We would have gotten toys had it been released in the 90s.
>>
>>4521578
Why didn't you answer me?
>>
File: file.png (275 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
file.png
275 KB, 560x560
>>4522001
Figuarts made an astronaut for Fourze
>>
>>4527449
>Tars
>Anagram of 'star'
>Movie is set in space

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

NOLAN
O
L
A
N
>>
there were a couple different astronaut figures from Doctor Who, one 5" and one 8" Mego-style

Mega Bloks's Call of Duty line has some mini astronauts and a satellite

and I also found this guy, the "Moonbase Omega Commander Nightshade Strigoi" from 3A
>>
>>4529049
>mega Bloks's Call of Duty line has some mini astronauts
>caring about tiny lego knock offs
>not fully fledged 6 inch action figures
>>
MegaBlocks has a bunch of.CoD Astronauts out now.
>>
>>4529055
Its not the EXACT look I want from the film.
>>
>>4528890
Oh fuck. I suddenly remembered I had that Ben Afflek figure as a kid. Why did they even make those?
>>
>>4527449
>You really just need four beams that rotate around an axis, and some detachable manipulator limbs.

You only really need to paint 4 Jenga pieces black to make this.
>>
>>4529074
or we could find the cgi files and see how the arms extend to make a transforming robot toy
>>
Welp going to see this film today, knowing there are no figures out for it will be sad.
>>
>>4529480
the ending is stupid
>>
It was an awful waste of time, this movie couldn't handle figures no matter what spin you put on them. Definitely stay away from this 3 hour stinker.
>>
>>4529494
There should have been more space. Night crawler was more enjoyable for me though
>>
This movie was really good. I don't know what people have to be disappointed about. Just be open minded and I can't see how you won't enjoy it.
It's not some cliche shitty action movie, and it's not a hardcore science oriented movie, either – it's more an experience, but there's plenty of good story and thrills to be had...not to mention some emotional stirring. Mmm...emotion soup.
I loved it. When Anne Hathaway mentions love, remember it.
>>
>>4529552
Red letter media told me they didn't like it
>>
>>4529555
>caring about reviewer's/anyone else's opinion
lel. pleb.

If a trailer makes something look good enough, I will check it out...I will look at RT just to make sure it's not a complete disaster.
>>
>>4529560
This is what I usually do, too. Movies ain't cheap.
>>
>>4529575
Cineplex in our area has cheap tuesday nights, only $6.50ish per ticket (non 3d), that's when I always go ;)
>>
>>4529480
Well I enjoyed it. Must say I did raise an eyebrow a few times towards the end really, but I think it was still pretty good. Catwoman rumbling about love to tie stuff together was still a bit weird though.
>>
>>4529555
Didn't they say at the end of the movie that they did actually like it, it just wasn't perfect. Not to mention, digging on as many flaws in a movie that they can find is kind of their schtick. They're the Yahtzee of movies, dude.
>>
File: MOE10103.jpg (51 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
MOE10103.jpg
51 KB, 752x564
I'd love me some bot figures, but at the very least we're getting a model of the Ranger.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MOE10103&mode=retail
>>
>>4522129
>>4522132
He's not fat. He's just big boned.
>>
>>4530580
>http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MOE10103&mode=retail
Seems pricey for something I assume isn't very large at 1/72...eugh.
>>
>>4528857
Their 1/6 scale halo stuff is top notch.
>>
File: tars_case.jpg (46 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
tars_case.jpg
46 KB, 500x450
>>4521598
>TARS best brobot of all time
That's a pretty tall order to fill and I'm not all the way there with out, but I'd certainly buy an action figure in a heartbeat.
>>
I would only want toys of the movie if it can pass through the 5th dimension and create a physical representation of time. But no, I could see NECA making toys from it, and at the very least I would get TARS or CASE
>>
>>4536855
>I could see NECA making toys from it

I don't think they'd do plain old hathaway or matthew mconoary, normal people are just too boring
>>
File: sad-anne-hathaway-photo-2.png (54 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
sad-anne-hathaway-photo-2.png
54 KB, 200x200
I will never get a good Anne Waifuway figure...
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.