[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best all-around action figure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: 1452176312946.gif (1000 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1452176312946.gif
1000 KB, 400x225
hi /toy/

What is your best all-around action figure? What would you recommend? My criteria are as follows:
>durable - not going to break by accident
>value - affordable or you get a lot for your money
>great articulation
>great sculpt
>can stand and pose easily
>bonus: i own a cat so ideally it won't have a lot of loose parts or small accessories, in case the cat knocks it down

A few 3.75 inch GI Joes that don't need accessories come to mind. A ToyWiz Deadpool I owned as a kid comes to mind. But what does /toy/ recommend? I've been out of the loop
>>
>>5414051
Classics Prime. Although I don't know if it's affordable right now.

Shodo Vs is pretty sweet right now. They're VERY posable and by virtue of their size/lightness, aren't too dainty, unless you a) have ham hands or b) you have a kid who likes to throw toys at walls. They get a lot of points for being cheap, especially if you split a case with someone.

OR, a Figuarts or Figma off Mandy. Provided you don't care about the source material and just want a good toy, you can get something that's middle/high end for as little as under 1K yen.
>>
File: image.jpg (385 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
385 KB, 1000x1000
>>5414051
DEATH IS THE ONLY WAY OUT.

>Affordable
>Great sculpt and paint
>Great articulation
>Includes multi-jointed stand
>Tons of great accessories
>Speech bubbles
>Heavy-duty ziplock bag to keep all the extras safely in one place
>It's a fucking ninja

One of the neatest figures I've spent money on recently.
>>
>>5414051
Maybe an SAS? When they're on point, they're some of the best things you can buy for 4000JPY or less. The young Joseph Joestar SAS is pretty much universally beloved by any who have bought it.
>>
>>5414051
I have two contenders for this.
Number one is the Revoltech White Raiden.
He's durable, pretty decently priced, has amazing articulation, an accurate sculpt, and stands pretty easily despite high heels (includes stand just in case he can't)

He does have some small parts around the face and the sword holster he has fits loosely on mine, leading it to be pretty floppy.
I think the only real negative is the stand he came with. It was really bad because the revoltech joints sat very loosely in the stand's pegs or were so tight that removing them was a nightmare. Also there was no hole to peg it into so you have to like...clip it around something like maybe his sword holster or his leg. Very unreliable.

My other best all around is the pizza Spidey Legends. Only real gripe with him are the limited hips. The paint can be bad too due to be a Legends figure, but I got lucky and his paint is really clean.
>>
>>5414051

If you're talking sculpt, it's easily any SIC designed and sculpted by Takeya for me. Kakugo from the Apocalypse Zero set from the Manga Realization line is my fav figure looks wise and it's got decent articulation.

However, if you're talking durability and poseability, I pick Raiden revoltech. I've played around with that the most out of my other toys, it balances well, poses easily and for once I actually do like what he changed from the main source (though that last part varies in mileage for others)
>>
>>5414051
SHFSS Kuuga, nothing posted comes close, literally perfect figure
>>
File: rider2.jpg (197 KB, 660x880) Image search: [Google]
rider2.jpg
197 KB, 660x880
imo Figuarts Rider 1/2 The Next/First are the greatest action figures ever made and meet all your criteria
>>
>>5414723
They're underrated, yeah. Which is great 'cause that's reduced their secondary market prices.

But I'd say any Figuarts in that 1000 yen range would fit the criteria. Moreso with Figma because of the generally higher accessory count.
>>
>>5414268
I vouch for this. Got Ninja Slayer on a whim and never regretted it. All the accessories and general articulation is worth the price tag which is really surprising. Posed him a ton so durability is there
>>
File: titanfall.jpg (42 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
titanfall.jpg
42 KB, 600x448
>>5414051

Have to volunteer the Threezero Atlas Titan. Yes he's a bit pricy, but for that price - I believe he's going for 400 now - you get a detailed pilot, a huge gun and a HUGE functional robot figure that can hold its gun and can have your favorite 1/12 figure pilot it. It photographs well, it poses alright and it won't fall apart on its own weight. It's durable too - you just have to watch out for the flaps, but they can easily be glued back on because they usually just get unstuck from their tabs.
>>
File: V3.jpg (105 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
V3.jpg
105 KB, 768x1024
>>5414723
Came to post this.
>>
>>5414719
This la familia
>>
File: LeafyRawBunting.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
LeafyRawBunting.webm
1 MB, 854x480
>>5414888
>>
>>5414888

This picture got me into Figuarts and Kamen Rider many years ago.
>>
>>5414051
get black series figures, they endure nasty falls and can hold human poses.

>don't want accesories
get out.

>owns a cat
you can't collect action figures.
>>
>people posting retarded looking bug figures
kek
>>
>>5414972
this is the gayest shit i've ever seen and any country/human/member of a society that deems this entertaining deserves to get kicked in the fucking head by a UFC heavyweight
>>
>>5415565
>the shit you talked about not wanting accessories
reality check: if your character is not tough enough to lack any accessories or weapons, then he is a gigantic fucking pussy and you should literally be lined up alongside your shitty characters and literally be executed by firing squad

>the shit you talked about owning a cat
my cat is a domesticated cheetah that I adopted from the WWF as it was rescued from poachers. There is a legal hunting license against it in my state so if it gets out of my house you are legally allowed to shoot and kill it. I walk it anyway every few weeks in my yard out in the country, but I bring my pistol anyway in case a redneck gets an idea. She is a fully grown cheetah and she can literally murder your pathetic sack of puss you call your body you fucking filth. I own this pet for the sole purpose of putting faggots like you in their place if they ever come on my property. I've been collecting figures for years now too. My collection consists of multiple DBZ Figuarts and Revoltech Gurren Lagaan figures, as they are the most powerful characters in the history of fiction, just like how my cat is the most powerful of all the domesticated animals, to stay consistent with the general theme of my lifestyle that is pure dominance and constant improvement across all of my endeavors. I'm an electrical engineer for fighter jets and I make over $75,000/year. I own my fucking life. For some faggot like you to talk shit about my cat and my taste in figures, well you can straight up go fuck yourself. Because at the end of the day I'm rich, successful and express my success thru my cat and figures and gun collection and Ford Raptor, while you're just some faggot on the internet. Fuck you. If you came around here I would shove my fist up your dickhole and punch you in the prostate from the inside you fucking faggot.
>>
>>5415608
Please explain.
>>
>>5415644
Never seen this pasta before. Source?
>>
File: 1448313246032.gif (899 KB, 275x216) Image search: [Google]
1448313246032.gif
899 KB, 275x216
>>5415644
fuck this was good
>>
>>5415644
>>5415656
>>5415706

Pasta was funny but make the salary higher 75k aint nothing to brag about my mother (college student) makes 25k more and she teaches Kindergarden.
>>
>>5415656
>>5415719
not a pasta you fucking j bag
>>
>>5415644
is this the /toy/ version of "i'm a navy seal with 300 confirmed kills"?
>>
>>5415758
no faggot this is me. this was not a pasta. i spent 20 minutes typing that fucking post and i am as serious as a heart attack. i get that a lot about my posts being copy pastas but truth is i am just a very passionate writer. so cut the shit before kick you in the fucking prostate faggot
>>
>>5415652
>a fucking asian DYEL dressed like he's trying to get fucked in the ass.
>a bunch of dildo wielding guys dressed in gray stuff getting beat up by him, somehow. they're literally circling him dancing. the absolute shittiest strategy for fighting one person. it's literally like 10-on-1 and they rush in one at a time like retards when they should rush him as a group, each limb grabbed by one guy, while 3 other guys stomp on his small asian penis 1000 times each.
>you needed this explained to you

put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger
>>
File: 1437330589741.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1437330589741.jpg
459 KB, 1920x1200
>>5415719
> 75k < salary
> teacher

Really
>>
>>5415799
Its called have a masters degree and multiple other qualifications in sped but if you get certified for more things the union has to bump your pay.
>>
>>5415966
>special ed in college
>special ed in grad school

it's adorable that special education is provided for the mentally handicapped even at the graduate school level
>>
>>5417184
>>Special-Ed college students are now able to graduate.
>>College-dropout now gets devalued to what high school dropout was in the 90s.

Fuck.
>>
>>5417288
good post you fucking retard
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.