[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Funko Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
I know these kind of have mixed reactions on here, but I wanted to spur some discussion on this brand.

I recently got into the mystery Horror packs and really like them! I think they're great little minifigures with a great design/style, sculpt, and overall good paintjob. In fact so much that I want another Horror wave! I'm not a fan of the bigger bobblehead figures, but I think they are onto something with these mystery packs.
Btw, who are the two covered figures, and that green/red reptile looking creature?

Anyways, what do you all think of these toys? Any recommendations? Thoughts? Favorites? Wants for future figures?
>>
Might as well just make it a blindbag/box/Vinyl figure thread instead of just Funko.

I've never bought a single Funko figure, but I've grabbed a handful of the Transformers X The Loyal Subjects blindboxes, and they're pretty nice (though, those particular ones a bit pricey.) I've gotten pretty lucky though, as I picked up 7 of them, and I've gotten no doubles, and one of the ones I picked up was even one of the rare chase figures.

Though, seeing that pic, I'd be interested in most of those. When does that series/wave come out?
>>
>>4322503
I've never seen these before. The sculpts vary from extremely eh (Spock and Tron) to something I might want on my shelf (Xenomorph and Robby). The two mystery figures are a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica, and I'm gonna say Neo from the Matrix. The "green/red creature," if you mean the one in the upper right, is a Martian from Mars Attacks.
>>
>>4322536
Yeah that is a good idea. This is blindbag figure thread now, loosely focused on Funko(?), give or take. And no, I wish I knew when they come out. I want some of them.
I have some of the funniest luck with blind bag figures. If I want a common one, I'll probably get one of the rarer ones, and vice-versa. I want Ghost Face, Pennywise, or Sam, but I got Billy (rarer one), Hannibal, and Leatherface. I thought I got the rarer Leatherface figure at first, but glad I didn't.
>>
>>4322584

I love watching videos of people doing unboxings of mystery/blindbox vinyl figures. Especially if they do a whole case.
>>
Those two "question mark" didn't make the final cut due to lisencing. They were replaced with two people from Firefly. (Not familiar with the show). If you go to Funcofanatic.com they have the new pictures, also have the ninja turtles mystery minis and the blizzard ones. I'm on a phone or I'd deliver the pictures.
>>
File: sci-fibbegfrontglam.jpg (396 KB, 1333x554) Image search: [Google]
sci-fibbegfrontglam.jpg
396 KB, 1333x554
>>4322604
Fuck it, Im bored so I got on a computer. Plus I love these little guys. Heres the current list of the SciFi guys.
>>
File: HotSminis.jpg (89 KB, 623x439) Image search: [Google]
HotSminis.jpg
89 KB, 623x439
I personally really dislike the rounded style and faces of the mystery minis, but they seem to have better QC than their normal line despite having more paint apps to mess up.
>>
File: jpeg.jpg (143 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
jpeg.jpg
143 KB, 800x800
>>4322604
Ninja Turtles (due out in august)
>>
Mostly out of curiosity, do these things show up at TRU?
>>
>>4322648

For the most part. Sometimes you get some bullshit exclusives at like Hot Topic or something. But yeah, TRU for the most part.
>>
>>4322624
Nice thanks anon, I appreciate it!
>camo Predator
I bet that's going to be a really rare one, that will probably be sought after.
>>
>>4322624
Whelp, I'm definitely a buyer for the Metaluna mutant
>>
>>4322653
I haven't seen the HTTYD minis or Pops in TRU.
>>
>>4322763

Granted, I don't particularly go looking for them, but I did say "for the most part."

I've seen like, the Walking Dead ones and a few of the others. And I've seen a number of the Pop! Vinyls too. I'm sure it might vary from TRU to TRU too.
>>
>>4322717
Same. That's adorable.
>>
>>4322676
I found this information out.
Rarity is Metaluna Mutant 1/24, Robocop
1/12, Spock 1/12, Predator Blood
Spattered 1/24, E.T. 1/12, Robby the
Robot 1/12, Tron 1/12, Clear Predator
1/36, Alien Metallic 1/12, Rocketeer
1/72, Alien 1/24, Malcolm Reynolds
1/24, Judge Dredd 1/12, Jayne 1/36,
Tron GITD 1/12, Mars Attacks Martian
1/72 and Predator 1/12. Here's the rarity list
>>
File: SciFi_Funko.png (459 KB, 1079x406) Image search: [Google]
SciFi_Funko.png
459 KB, 1079x406
>>4322859
Nice, thanks! I made this rarity chart based on this information. Too bad the Mars Attack Martian is the rarest one. I also find it strange that the metallic Alien is easier to find than the regular one. Also no Rocketeer in this set based on the pictures. Is there one planned? A Rocketeer figure would be cool!
>>
>>4322624
>>4322859
I would get a xeno and predator, but none of the others interest me and I dislike those odds; at least bagged figures you can feel through
>>
>>4322859
>>4322906

At least there don't seem to be any 1/144 which seems to be something Funko likes to do in most of these lines.

Kinda sucks the Mars Attacks alien is pretty much the rarest one.
>>
>>4322915
>>Kinda sucks the Mars Attacks alien is pretty much the rarest one.

Indeed. It's the only one I wanted.
>>
>ET

dropped
>>
>>4322648
Bread and butter on current ones is Barnes and Nobel. They consistently price them cheaper (and even cheaper still if you're a bullshit 'member' but if you shop there as much as me it pays for itself) or Books-A-Million they ALWAYS seem ot have full cases when I go.
>>
File: Game-of-Thrones-Mystery-Minis-3.jpg (120 KB, 425x496) Image search: [Google]
Game-of-Thrones-Mystery-Minis-3.jpg
120 KB, 425x496
>>4322503
I'm into the Game of Thrones ones. But holy shit...those Sci Fi ones. Them and TMNT will be must buy, at least I don't want the whole Sci Fi Set. ALso...it's 'classic' Sci Fi and no Westworld, or Blade Runner? The fuck?

Also for anyone doing Game of Thrones. How in the actual FUCK do I find a Drogon? (Black Dragon)
>>
Why is the POP line so damn popular?
>>
>Predator
>Xenomorph
>Martian
>Dredd
>Robocop
>fucking Tron

10/10 choices nigga, will buy.
>>
>>4324546
Why do people keep asking this? Because it's obvious. It's very cheaply produced figures at a decent price point. It's hipster shit, I enjoy it, but will still admit it plays to hipsters that are like OH HEY __(insert pop culture character)__ I LOVE THAT! And buy one and put it on their desk, for a gift, go nuts and buy a series, whatever. It encompases an absoultely massive amount of franchies which characters all the way from Disney to Slasher Horror films to Cult stuff. And it also has several licenses in it that literally have very little, if anything else as far as merch goes. Funko is fucking printing money. I wish I had thought of it.
>>
>>4324551
>FUCKING TRON.
>FUCKING DREDD

TAKE MY MONEY!
>>
>>4324668

I'm actually kinda shocked at how many different things they can come up with for these vinyl figures...I can understand stuff like TMNT, Transformers, Horror figures, GoT, Marvel/DC superheros, etc, etc. But some of them are just weird random things....
>>
>>4324694
I'm not really, every figure is fundamentally the same body with slight differences in accesories/hair/ect that are pretty easy to achieve because of how stylized they are. It's kind of like Vinylmation, literally any character from any franchise is feasibly fair game as long as they can get the rights.

That's part of the reason that I really like the Mystery Minis more because they're a bit more unique and seem to have more effort put into them to me than the POP vinyls.
>>
>>4324668
People are asking that because Mighty Muggs were a thing not too long ago. The line started, had a huge cast of characters for years, then died off, presumably because people stopped buying them.

POP is offering basically the same damn thing and people are eating it up.
>>
>>4324724
Maybe it just wasn't the right time?
Between the two I consider Funko stuff superior. Mighty Muggs always just looked like ass to me.
>>
>>4324723
>I'm not really, every figure is fundamentally the same body with slight differences in accesories/hair/ect that are pretty easy to achieve because of how stylized they are.

I realize that, but that's not really what I meant.

I guess I more meant vinyl figures in general, not just Funko stuff. You've got Loyal Subjects, Kid Robot, etc. So while the Funko ones may all be (relatively) the same, just with a minor repaint or whatnot here or there, it is more that I've seen all sorts of weird properties, or random OCs as vinyl figures, etc, etc.
>>
>>4324724

Mighty Muggs might have failed simply because of the size. They were some of the biggest vinyl figures around. Though, they did have nice detail and accessories and stuff. They did try to go smaller and smaller, but I still don't think they quite hit it. Also, their aesthetic was kinda meh.

Pop! Vinyls are kinda shitty paint-wise, and have a somewhat dead look to them, but I think all the Vinyl blindboxes and stuff are what people really like. I mean, the nature of blindboxes/blindbags is pretty appealing even in stuff like LEGO and Megabloks, and the vinyl figures gives you something small and collectible, and people eat it up and buy more, more more to get the rare variants and chase figures and stuff.
>>
>>4324750

I still like my Mighty Muggs...I do wish I hadn't of bought into the Marvel ones though, I was hoping for a good large Spider-Man grouping, but nooope. I love the Star Wars ones though, they were tons of fun.
>>
>>4324724
It also doesn't help that Funko always caters towards the "NERDS ARE FUNNEH BAZOOPLE" crowd
>>
>>4324750
>Also, their aesthetic was kinda meh.
Yeah this is what turned me off of Mighty Muggs, or anything like them. The blindbox figures are cool imo because of their aesthetics and capturing of the characters.
>>
>>4322503
Ffff, other than a few of the POP figures, I had no interest in any of the Funko stuff. Now I want just about every single figure in this set. And then I looked up other things they've made and Domo DC looks kinda tempting too. But definitely gonna grab as many of these scifi minis as I can. It sucks that the Martian is the rarest when it's one I'd actually army build if I could. Now I'd settle for just one.
>>
>>4324527
>1/144
Oh man good luck anon. I don't know why they make things like those so hard to get. The rarest ones should be fun variants instead of actual character variants (like glow in the dark version of figures vs. canon variations of figures).

I just ended up buying the figures I wanted online instead of buying them blind. I can't wait to get them in the mail!
Sure it's fun to do it blind, but I'd rather save my money and just get the ones I want instead with full certainty. I will be buying them blind with the sci-fi ones coming up since I like 80% of those.
>>
>>4324983
Me too, agree with your post all the way. The minis are just more interesting. And they're cheaper. I've bought only one POP so far but I've spent well over the price of a case buying Game of Thrones minis chasing fucking Drogon

>>4325475
Actually....it's pure evil genius. Take a sought after character and make them ridiculously rare. I got extremely lucky and pulled a Jaime and I've bought probably 10-12 dupes chasing Drogon. I've even got to where I can tell when it's a Dragon for the most part but you never know if it's him or not. I have 4 or 5 Rhaegals. Whereas if they were easier to get I would have completed my set and said fuck it with the chase ones.
Drogon and the Glow Walker are all I'm missing, Drogon seems like he doesn't go as absurdly high on evilbay so I may actually just buy one that way. Or since I got a full case of 12 SDCC ones on the way I may be able to trade for one.
>>
that SCIFI assortment is god tier. I will totally blow a few bucks on those.

For the people who buy them, how rare is Mister Williams in the Horror packs? I try to buy every AoD product available, so I want to know how hard he is to getr
>>
>>4327514

I'm pretty sure Ash is like, 2 to a case.

I think there is a rarer bloody variant, but I might be wrong about that.
>>
>>4326737
>I've bought probably 10-12 dupes
I'd be interested in a couple wolves & dragons, depending on your price
>>
>>4327522
So he sounds rare. Damn. I don't want to spend too much just for Ash.
>>
>>4327546

2 to a case is as common as you can get with these things....
>>
>>4327552
Oh. I literally don't buy these at all. Sorry.
>>
>>4327552
Yeah it's not bad at all. I got an Ash on 1st try and I bought 3 randomly. Gave props to randomhastingsbro because they had a bogo on it so one for free and he picked Ash. Good man.
>>
I would buy the shit out of these if they weren't so fucking expensive. 10 dollars is way too much for a blindbox IMO.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.