[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sentinel They seem pretty into making obscure shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12
>Sentinel

They seem pretty into making obscure shit.
>>
What is that and where do I get it
>>
>>4321596
I'm pretty sure it's an Armaurauder toy; a line of mechas designed by much loved Transformers artist Don Figueroa. He's well respected for being one of the first TF fan artists to make it big, and for designing his own TF toys looong before 3rd parties were a thing.

It's pretty cool that Sentinel is making this stuff. I'd never expect a whole new property like this to get such a good company behind it.
>>
>>4321584
Isn't it T-REX, not Sentinel?
>>
>>4321584

They're sure the fanbois will pay out the ass for it anyway. I believe it's a sound business strategy, personally.
>>
>>4321616
No, sentinel.

>>4321596
Amarauder. Pre-orders starting next month, they'll have other colors i think.

>>4321613
He's the guy who did the thundercats reboot, rich dude pretty much marketing genius.
>>
>>4321584
One of the reasons they're one of my favourite companies at this point.

The other major reason being the god-tier engineering of course.
>>
>>4321645
>He's the guy who did the thundercats reboot
>>
>>4321653
I'd like them more if they lowered their price-point a bit.

>>4321655
No? I'm pretty sure its him.
>>
>>4321661
Eh, they're a niche product even within the niche market that is toy collecting. I don't mind their prices.
>>
>>4321584
I have less than zero interest in reading the comic this guy is from (Don Figuero is good at mech design but awful at comic page layout) but I might buy him just because he looks awesome.
>>
>>4321679
Let me sum it up for you, it's pretty much star ship troopers and blue gender. Except the mechs are the prevalent way to fight, when he designed this figure years ago, it was initially supposed to house gi Joe sized figures, and be fully cross compatible with later figures for part swapping.

It was projected to cost about 100 plus each, so they scrapped the bigger one and went for a smaller build. The projected cost was about 60 with a two inch pilot.

I'd love to pick it up, but I din'd want to pay 100 for the smaller version. Have we heard a price, or what size it will be?
>>
File: PROTOTYPE-49-BELL.jpg (40 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
PROTOTYPE-49-BELL.jpg
40 KB, 450x600
>>
File: PROTOTYPE-55-CLIP.jpg (54 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
PROTOTYPE-55-CLIP.jpg
54 KB, 450x600
>>
File: PROTOTYPE-60-PILOT-BELL.jpg (50 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
PROTOTYPE-60-PILOT-BELL.jpg
50 KB, 450x600
>>
File: PROTOTYPE-57-PILOT.jpg (51 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
PROTOTYPE-57-PILOT.jpg
51 KB, 450x600
>>
>>4321679
Yeah the comic is just page after page of aliens vs robot action scenes. Cool but doesn't make me love the characters. I'm also buying it for how nice it looks- comes with a hangar, too.
>>
>>Don Figuero is good at mech design

No he's good at Transformer design. These look like ass.
>>
>>4322487
k.

Here's the other color
>>
>>4321584
There's 3 versions, 1 is OP's pic, 1 is the gunmetal posted, and a 3rd is a blank for customizing (which will be the rarest).

Comic didn't appeal too much to me, but I'm in it for the mech alone (delicious articulated fingers, missle pods and open cockpit galore).
Also, the fact that a Singaporean was somehow involved in this got me interested in the first place

My only worry is that it's gonna be priced out of reach
>>
>>4322686
Have we heard a price yet? I like the op's figure, but I can't pay crazy prices.
>>
>>4323007
It's sentinel, so probably over 100$
>>
and still no Lazengann, dammit Sentinel !

At least this looks really cool

Scopedog Sen-Ti-Nel when ?
>>
>>4323022
I find that hard to swallow if ti's true. The guy who wanted to produce it said he wanted to keep the price down below 80 if he could, it's the whole reason he downscaled it. I wish he'd release barebones versions with less weaponry, no pilot, and no hangar.
>>
>>4321695
>It was projected to cost about 100 plus each, so they scrapped the bigger one and went for a smaller build. The projected cost was about 60 with a two inch pilot.
>I'd love to pick it up, but I din'd want to pay 100 for the smaller version. Have we heard a price, or what size it will be?
I'm pretty sure this is gonna be $150~$200.
>>
File: 20140106001.jpg (164 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
20140106001.jpg
164 KB, 800x600
>>4323027
More to the point, Dangaioh Sentinel when?

What with Orgun and Dancouga, Sentinel's been dishing out some Obari love lately
>>
>>4321584
>>4322537

They are not making Lagengann, Vic Viper, and are taking their sweet time with Anubis for this shitty robot.
>>
>>4321584
I love robots in general, but these just aren't appealing to me for some reason. I guess it makes sense, I never did like Figueroa's art/designs when he worked on Transformers. Guess the guy just isn't my cuppa tea.
>>
>>4323162
Yeah,i'm not sure where he's getting the 60-80$ thing. I'll be looking forward to all the angry comments from casual fans when they realize a company that puts together 600+ pieces on a toy and QCs everything to shit charges upwards to 200$.
>>
>>4323484

Every time. "WHY SO EXPENSIVE? I CAN BY A VOYAGER TRANSFORMER AT WALMART FOR $25. PASS."
>>
>>4323484
They should ask neca to make a 20 dollar version for them.
>>
>>4323486
Americans are dumb and don;t understand that there are different types of toys for different reasons at different price points.
>>
>>4323488
I'm a collector but I don't know if i'm ready to spend 150$+ on this. I mean sentinel just put out a 7" iron man figure with less stuff for that much.
>>
>>4323489
Do you have a job?
>>
>>4323492
Yes but that doesn't matter. Being able to afford something doesn't mean you should buy it, like being able to spend 150$ on fancy wine doesn't mean you should do it.
>>
>>4323497
So why even bother in the first place?
>>
>>4323506
>I don't want to spend 150 dollars on a toy
>DEN WHY BODDER TOY COLLECTING HURR!?!?!?!
>>
>>4323551
So you're not ready to buy two things that cost 150 each and need to save up a bit more money. Got it.
>>
>>4323553
Actually I am buying it no matter what it ends up costing, I'm just making fun of you for being a fag.
>>
>>4323563
but I have a job and just want a anubis next to my jehuty/
>>
>people not understanding that some people don't want to throw large sums amount of money (in relativity) on a luxury, despite being able to afford it
>>
File: 5178282.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
5178282.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>>4321888
>>
>>4323591
Yeah pretty sure thats a poorfag. I HAVE MONEY NOW I MUST SPEND SPEND SPEND. Pretty sad.

That said I do want to get this, but if its anywhere near what i'm thinking it'll be i'll probably pass.
>>
>>4321584
Sentinel's strategy seems to be scout out cool mechs and build toys regardless of the popularity
>>
>>4323484
I'm getting it from back in the days when he first tried getting this off of the ground. He first showed it off on the hisstank forums during the height of the 25th anniversary line. Like I said, he intended it to be bigger, but it put itself out of the pricerange of his target demographic. His original intention was to promote a "collect em' all" type vibe. Picture Xevoz, but better made and less jarring to parts swap, and you have his toyline.

After talking about it for a year, he dropped off the face of the earth, only poping by to say the project wasn't dead once in a blue moon. He showed up again once MU hit it's peak on the toyark, posting updates and new prototypes. Then he disappeared again, only to show up now.
>>
>>4324355
what a chump!
>>
>>4324364
He has a job and all;around that time he was also working on Transformers comics.
>>
>tfw they wont sell pilots separately

Why live.
>>
File: Pricequestion.png (22 KB, 453x371) Image search: [Google]
Pricequestion.png
22 KB, 453x371
>>4325627
Oh also, I asked about the price awhile ago.
>>
>>4325631
Good god. Oh well HLJ/amiami tend to go halfprice on sentinel stuff.
>>
>>4325631
I like how this went from "we're aiming for a $100 toy MAX" and "the display base will be for FREE with the first release" to "$250 for the full set".
>>
>>4325637
I wouldn't say they've gone full jew yet, the person who answered me did say that they didn't know exactly due to the Sentinel handling pricing.
>>
>>4325637
I'd say it's reasonable for their regular sized figure, not the downscaled one specifically to hit the lower price point. Fuck that, wasn't 3zero's samurai robot with pilot something like 200$?
The bot was about a foot tall and the pilot was six inches? Somebody help me out on that.

How big is this thing anyway? 10 inches tall?

The goal post was moved quite the fuck off from where he'd pitched it originally, if it goes on heavy clearance, I'll definitely pick it up. Starting to get the feeling sentinel's products are severely overpriced, or at least Canti wasn't too badly over priced.
>>
>>4325637
I dont remember seeing the 100$ stuff but i do remember the free base comments.

>>4325643
They are. They do amazing shit but they charge out the ass. The fig looks to be about 7"-8" from the shots ive seen.
>>
>>4325645
>I dont remember seeing the 100$ stuff but i do remember the free base comments.
HE didn't like mentioning prices, but one of the earliest comments he made was back when he had to downscale the prototype. He said "we want to try keeping it under 100$, to do that, we had to downscale the figure, sorry joe fans!" Or something to that effect. It was the reason he was marketing to the hisstank in the first place. Back then I said 150$ was more than reasonable for a foot tall mech that housed a joe sized pilot.

Now that I see what similar companies can do for less, I think it's quite an absurdly high price for this. 3A, 3Zero, Hasbro, I'm sure there's more. They can offer larger products with similar or lower cost, I don't expect hasbro prices, in fact I'd expect double. But the MP prime was about 100$ was bigger, and came with more stuff.

I don't think I'd be as upset if I hadn't followed this guy since the beginning and trusted what he promised.
>>
>>4321584
>>
Can anyone guess how big it is based off getter over there? I dont know why he cant just give a size. It's floating on the base in this pic
>>
>>4325658
Size is meaningless; all it affects price-wise is the amount of plastic used.

Engineering is what you pay for when you buy something from Sentinel.
>>
>>4325753
No, it really is. Why would you pay more for less of a product, alternatively, if it's so meaningless, why not make it compatabile with bigger figures, as well as the original size?

Also Sentinel didn't engineer it, this man did. They're just producing it.
>>
>>4325755
because it'd be too expensive
>>
>>4325755
I would rather pay more for a small product that packs a lot of articulation and features than a large product that is simply just large.

Smaller things fit better on display shelves, too. I would not buy it if it were a foot tall. Where would I even put such a monstrosity?
>>
>>4325761
Anon, bigger is always better.
>>
>>4325761
>I would rather pay more for a small product that packs a lot of articulation and features than a large product that is simply just large.
But the articulation doesn't change, that shouldn't factor in.
>Smaller things fit better on display shelves, too. I would not buy it if it were a foot tall. Where would I even put such a monstrosity? Because smaller things can be too small and make your display look like garbage when you pile twenty into one case because they all so easily fit. If you have a deltof, you should be able to easily put a foot tall figure in there, it's by no means a monstorsity, it's been a standard staple in scale for decades.

I'm saying if I'm paying this much, they should be producing the 1 foot tall one. If not, they should be charging less for the smaller one as promised, there's no added articulation, and no added benefit to being smaller. I'm paying larger scale price for a figure that's significantly smaller.
>>
>>4325816
Make a custom if this isn't good enough.
>>
>>4321584

I wonder how much the price will be on that thing.
>>
One last bump
>>
>>4325667
It depends a lot on the pose of the Getter too.
The Getter at full height is roughly 17cms tall. But the pic is cropped off, so we can't tell if it's pulling off a dynamic pose with the guns, or standing tall.

I asked Valen about the scale before, and I THINK he mentioned that it was around 1/32 or something around that range.

anyway, here's one of T-Rex's guy (he handled engineering for it apparently) standing near it, and some early in hands pic of the prototype. Not sure if the prototype is the earlier larger version or the newer shrunken one. Probably the latter
>>
>>4336029
Wait...I think that's the old sized one! It's looking like it's the one that fits G.I.Joes, pretty cool.
>>
>>4336107
No it's the new one. The exclusive gun metal deco.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.