[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3A and 3ZERO GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 17
File: 3a-2013new-logo.jpg (38 KB, 515x290) Image search: [Google]
3a-2013new-logo.jpg
38 KB, 515x290
Welcome to the 3A and 3Zero general

Talk about either line here, and we'll try to get the most up to date info on the line, as well as help you out.

So far:
>a bunch of the delayed stuff is finally shipping with most of it coming now, and then in march
>TK heavy slicers, 3AGO and the rest of the delayed stuff coming in March
>stragglers in April
>10" little shadows came and went
>1/6th 13th cavalry brambles sold out
>1/12 13th cavalery brambles still up
>miyu sheep figure up right now
> no news on 3Zero's lmz figures
> Lizard guy should be hitting 3Zero's online shop soon

No idea what else is going on, but we'll fill in those blanks as we go along.
>>
Opened my Atlas last week, the thing is by far the best purchase I've ever made. I can't fucking wait until Stryder, but who the fuck knows when he'll be up for preorder. It's been 8 goddamn months since Atlas went up, so what the hell?

Are we going to have to wait ANOTHER 8+ months for Ogre after Stryder? They keep showing off Stryder at every event they go to so he has to be up soon. And are they doing the other faction colors of these guys after the first 3? I'd be up for buying those.

As for 3A, they're killing me with a new TF every month. But it's going to be so nice getting them one month after another when they start shipping out. 4 straight months of bigass detailed TF's (assuming everything goes well), it'll be so fucking good. And I hope they eventually do more, Sentinel Prime and Shockwave are the most important.

I dunno what the fuck is going on with Halo. It's been months since we've seen anything about Jorge, and I heard that Bungie only wants them to make Destiny shit, and 343i Only wants them to make Halo 4+ designs, so we're probably out of luck on the rest of Noble team, or that fabled Elite they designed.
>>
>>4737833
patience is a virtue, friend
>>
>>4737851
I just wish they'd make schedules for their releases.
>>
>>4737833
Someone who actually cares about 3As Transformers and Halo figures? Color me surprised.
>>
>>4738677
Yeah I know, I don't really give a shit about anything original from 3A or 3Z. I don't even like video games. But the Halo designs (especially the pre-4 ones) are fucking awesome. And I love bayformer designs. Having recently had Hasbro shit in my mouth for liking them (the latest movie line was literally trash, (LITERALLY since I threw them away)) these things are a godsend and I hope they keep coming even though I know they won't after the main 4.

And fucking Titanfall. Dear lord what an orgasm I had from Atlas.
>>
After weeks of complaining about the decline in paint detail on recent 3A releases, the board has been pretty quiet about the obviously-not-as-good Dirty Deeds V2. The paintjob looks like the body of the Shadow Security AnkouEX, very spongepainty and without the layered muddy washes of the 1/12 DD Berties.

I think they are just trying to not look ungracious.
>>
>>4738762
DD looks pretty much fine to me. May not be as washy as the 1/12 but I'm not too concerned. At least it isn't orange. Still, I'll be comparing 1/6 #1 to my old 1/12 when it ships.

In other news the cool retail TQs and the shitty kitbash-fodder retail TKs are up.
>>
>>4738762
I am completely fine with the figures not being as weathered, for christ sakes my hands were actually getting dirty from handling them for a few minutes.
>>
File: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (352 KB, 1400x693) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.jpg
352 KB, 1400x693
>>4738762
>>4738782
I'm not that concerned about the quality of the weathering on the new DD. Actually, to be totally honest with you, I feel like some of the weathering on the old DD Berties is a little heavy-handed and a tad sloppy even. I don't think it would have scaled up all that well if they'd tried to duplicate the paintjobs 100%.

That said, I am oddly bored by this. 1/6 Mk.2 Berties were my most awaited release, and I've been a huge fan of the Dirty Deeds squad ever since back in the day. But this...I just can't get excited about it for some reason. Maybe I hyped it up too much in my mind, and now that it's here it's just like, "oh, it's a big version of that toy I've been playing with for years. Ok."
>>
>>4737679
Has anyone received their rescently shipped orders in the states yet? Im assuming California's harbor bullshit is holding everything up.
>>
>>4739448
Harbor BS shouldn't be a problem - individual orders all ship air mail, usually SAL. I have two thing on the way, and it looks like they've left HK and are on their way here.
>>
>>4739507
thats retarded cosidering that the 1/6 just look like upscaled 1/12 figures.
>>
>>4739425

Why the fuck would they make the gun two toned? That is beyond retarded. The berties are suppose to have retro aesthetics then they give these deus ex looking guns. Same thing happened with the recent 1/6 Bramble and the bright orange accents.

they had one fucking job....
>>
Anyone else excited for WBR?
>>
File: Comparison.jpg (1 MB, 2255x1060) Image search: [Google]
Comparison.jpg
1 MB, 2255x1060
>>4739507
Yeah nah, I don't think so. Did Ash actually say that anywhere? Cause it's clear that the shape is patterned after the WWRp mold almost exactly to the letter. If it was indeed supposed to be patterned after the OG Bertie, it should have less weathering overall, a more defined deep black color, cleaner tampos, more orangey rust, tiny toothpick legs with no feet, large pineapple grenades on its belt, and a large body that dwarfs its arms with a wider, flatter head. Basically, there is almost no way it aligns with the OG design, and damn near every way it aligns with the Mk.2. So I'm calling bullshit on your statement, and if Ash did indeed say that it was supposed to be patterned after the OG, well, he sure fucked it up.
>>
>>4739773
I am. I have Remus preordered.
>>
>>4739847
say how he feels when you get him, i read here that he was kinda light and fragile feeling.
>>
>>4739867
I dunno about "fragile," but I can practically guarantee he'll be light. Most 3A bots are, due to being constructed mainly of lightweight vinyl and ABS. This is a necessity for such large designs--if you make them heavy, the joints will undergo a lot of stress and it's easy for them to overbalance and come crashing to the ground.

So rejoice in your bot's lightness. It may not be as satisfying as handling a Chogokin, but it's better for your toy's "health" in the long run.
>>
>>4739917
yeah.. i was speaking in terms of other 3a bots, buddy.
>>
File: wwrpdd.jpg (15 KB, 236x281) Image search: [Google]
wwrpdd.jpg
15 KB, 236x281
>>4739823
Even though I own only the WWRp DD, I can say that from that comparison pic alone I still prefer the weathering and color choice of canvas satchels (and their weathering too).

What I do notice about the new on is the quality of the belt fasteners and extra spacing for the arm's double ball joint -- the former of course is because of the upscale and latter something I might like for dynamic posing but for display looks stupid as all hell.

In short; I'm not letting go of my WWRp any time soon.
>>
>>4739823
I don't think it'll look that bad in person. There are ALWAYS ways to finagle double balljoints around to minimize their appearance. And you gotta admit, the outward shoulder movement on the WWRp is crazy limited, so overall I think it'll be a positive change.
>>
>>4740066
Whoops meant to quote >>4739990
>>
File: seasir.jpg (97 KB, 923x1024) Image search: [Google]
seasir.jpg
97 KB, 923x1024
>>4740066
I think ultimately you're right, it will be a bigger plus than a minus especially when it comes to posing, but in general I don't much care for the look of it.

WWRp Caesar is the only later release bot I own that has such elongated balljoints, which makes him highly articulate and enjoyable. However as a total superautismo observation the joint is smaller in relation to the diameter of the balls/sockets and that looks a lot better to me - IMHO of course.
>>
>>4740101
Did you add a jewel or something to your Caesar's eye? It looks great, where did you get it?
>>
>>4740239
You can buy a package of "gems" in various sizes or finishes that have a flat side with adhesive (usually no stronger than a normal sticker) at any craft store like Michaels or better yet Hobby Lobby.

Best yet: it's cheap and you get a fuckton of em!
>>
So aside from WBR what are people looking forward to from the monster shipping update?

I wish to fuck I'd ordered a WBR bot now. I've got a bunch of stuff coming, most looking forward to Sleeper because it's so different, and Zomb MD. And I didn't order one, but curious to see if 1 in 3 of the Mighty Squares arrives wet/bloated/fucked again or if they actually gave them time to dry for this release.
>>
>>4740339
You can still order WBR Remus at BBTS or Amazon.
>>
>>4739990
>>4739823

Jesus in that comparison pic even the original Bertie has nicer weathering. If they're gonna go simpler then they should do more than dab a few rounded sponges here and there. It looks like sponge-camo

The WWRp Dirty Deeds actually looked muddy and dirty, and the green pouches added to the whole jungle combat look.

The new one.... Like most amateurs can learn how to do basic paintwashes and drybrushing in a few hours. Why is their old paintmaster leaving even an excuse? I mean shit Ash is an artist himself.
>>
I only own 2 3a figures, grave digger bramble and medic grunt, both 1/12, the first I bought second hand, the second was my first time ordering a toy online. I love these things, I was a big fan of ashley's suff (being an artfag myself) and when I discovered there were toys I got a huge boner.

The thing is I live in south america, the exchange rate is pretty rapey, the customs taxes are also quite rapey, and these toys are expenisve to begin with, so seeing all these cool figures coming out is torture, and being the masochist that I am I keep checking these threads.

So bottom line: this is an expensive hobby, if you are a southamerican poorfag don't even try, just turn away and never look back, getting into 3a suff is suffering.
>>
>>4741800
well 1/6 do look better than 1/12 and easier to paint so
fuck off :^)
>>
>>4742060
>trying to buy all 3a figure
why? Unless you are one of those team colour fags
Getting only the ones you really like is more realistic
Not every release is that great
>>
>>4742083
I never said I wanted to buy every figure, and getting only the ones I really like would still be difficult given my situation, some people here are selling 1/6 figures for the equivalent of a medium wage salary ($6000 argentinian pesos) which is both nuts and not so much given the retarded exchange rate,
>>
>>4742105
Doesn't bambaland ship south america?
Also buying old figures is a bitch
Try mandarake if you want some 1/6 with okay pricing but the shipping will still be expensive but the toy itself will be 'cheapish' and 'newish'
>>
>>4742136
Yeah, I bought the medic grunt from bambaland, for some reason they received the order multiple times, so I had to cancel like 8 orders, it wasn't a great first experience. And I heard it's cheaper to buy new releases than old toys, but the whole preordering and waiting 6 months to get the stuff isn't too thriling for me when I'm spending a chunk of money for it.

I'll look into mandrake, thanks.
>>
>>4742083
>implying he even said he was trying to buy all 3A figures
I think he is merely lamenting the fact that it's prohibitively expensive to acquire these figures in his country given his current financial status. I don't see anything unrealistic in his post.
>>
>>4742158
I took "seeing all these cool figures coming out is torture" as wanting most releases
>>
>>4742164
southamerican toys enthusiast here, it's alright, I mostly like the robots and some of the human figures. I'm hoping that if the WWr movie is made there will be more affordable figures based on ashley's designs, they might also release poor quality toys, tho.
>>
>>4742022
There's one available at Bedrock City in Houston for normal retail price. I don't think they like it because it posed all shitty and stiff.
>>
>>4741754
WBR Remus is one occasion where I do actually prefer the retail colorway to the two Bamba versions, but being an Ausfag fuck paying retail + international shipping on it.
>>
>>4741800
Your romanticizing of the "good ol days" is sweet, but I hate to break it to ya, the WWRp Dirty Deeds didn't look all that great. They did look dirty, yeah, but the sponging was very apparent, the red/maroon color really stuck out, and it felt overdone in general to me. The OG DD is the real deal, where they spent a lot of time on the weathering and made sure it looked realistic. But that's simply not possible anymore. The stakes have gotten too high, the fans too many, and the time too short. We haven't seen truly gorgeous carefully done paintjobs since the first WWRp Bramble wave, at least IMO.
>>
>>4737833
>so we're probably out of luck on the rest of Noble team, or that fabled Elite they designed

No just NO what the fuck

They've already shown the prototype for Jorge, how could they not release it? I want muh Noble team and Elite, fuck their stupid H4 and Destiny shit no one buys them anyways. Everyone hated Master Chief because he had stupid arms and no one even knows who the hell is Thorne or whatever from H4 so no one cared about him, they should just give people what they want and get on with the Noble team. And Elite.
>>
>>4743879
no
>>
>>4743879
Just dip into the back catalogue, there are tons of good old releases. The 3A BST thread in the KidRobot forums will generally give you a nice fair price on aftermarket stuff, so go nuts.
>>
>>4743987
>they should just give people what they want

You don't want 5 new Barbies every month?
>>
>>4744343
Only if they're the Noble team.
>>
got my handsome wu set in the mail. First impressions, looks like 3a finally got their shit together, everything is a good balance of firm but movable, and the clothing is better fitted this time around. Inspecting f legion reveals that he's got a slim body, but his head won't move, probably due to cold. The slim bodies were never that great in my opinion though, so if it doesn't clear up when he warms up I'll have the same opinion. rest of him is fine though. Panda suits were never my thing, but I guess you'd love it if you even sort of liked that kinda stuff. It restricts leg movement something fierce though, feels like a stuffed animal out of the box.

Kinda underwhelmed to be honest, love the head sculpt, the fitted clothing, and the body though. I might just part him out and grab some mechanic gear when that guy ships.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (34 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
34 KB, 480x640
>>4746542
Looks kinda neat without the suit, but his pouches are kinda shit. This weird rubbery plastic thing, I think it's because of how small the guns are. They look kinda weird in his hands, honestly. Handsome John Wu here is a bit weird for me, but otherwise good, glad to see 3A is back on track with their old qc levels again. Also the smell of these things is filling up my room, makes me a bit light headed.

Anyway, if you got any questions about the guy, feel free to ask.
>>
>>4743987
They never even bothered showing off the Elite but it's been done for forever. And surprisingly a lot of people are ok with 343i's shittastic designs.
>>
>>4747539
I like 343's armor revisions (for the most part) and I bought the MC and the Spartan Recruit. That being said, I would kill any one of you for a 1/6th game-accurate ThreeA Elite.
>>
>>4747539
I'm just hoping that the elite is so awesome they're waiting for the right moment of release to drop the bomb. And it would really suck if they're not finishing Noble team, it's a _team_ and I'll never get over it if they don't make the rest of it. Jorge has to be ready by now anyway.

I have no idea when H5 will be released and I'm too lazy to check, but if it's coming this year maybe they're waiting for the Halo hype that comes with a new game? They'd probably get more sales than now, when only people who already collect the line are waiting for more releases.
>>
So, the new newsletter has brought at least one important tidbit of info: we are getting a 1/12 Dead Astronaut Gangsta, a feat which Ash previously thought was not possible in that scale due to complexity of the suit.
>>
>>4747865
Can you greentext the contents? I signed up for the newslettter, but got nothing.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (183 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
183 KB, 1200x800
>>4747868
I can't do the whole newsletter, it's actually a pretty long one. But here's the part about DAG:

>Chatting with Brent Ashe about the next wave of 1/12th carded figure's blister designs. Brent has cooked up some killer designs which I think are integral to the whole package - the package and the toy are both parts of the collective experience, this actually applies to all our works, but for some reason the blister card really offers a unique item. You get the toy, 200% upfront in what is essentially a frame to enhance and protect. You all will see the new style cards and what is essentially the first wave of WORLD OF 3A 1/12th toys. I will say, trying to wedge a 1/12 the Dead Astro on a blister that is coherent with the rest is a real fucker!

I only skimmed the rest, but there doesn't seem to be much other notable news. Mega Zomb will have articulated fingers, Ultron drops in April. Nothing new was shown off photo-wise aside from this new shot of their Bravest Warriors figures.
>>
>>4747882
>Ultron drops in April.
Looking forward to it, Starlord will have someone to play with anyway.

Shame about the bravest warriors stuff, I was thinking they'd be more....in Ash's style. Hope he does something like that for adventure time one day.

Glad DAG is getting a 1/12 for those who wanted it though!
If anyone's looking for a blind cowboy asceneded for about 160$ shipped, lemme know.

Also if you've decided to part out a soot Wu, I'm down for his body, and a pistol or two.
>>
>>4747995
I wanted the Cartoon Network stuff to be accurate, but like...weathered. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think it's cool as fuck that these properties are getting actual nicely made toys with real clothing and good joints and shit. But I want there to be SOME 3A flair to it, something that shows where it came from.

I'm not much of a Bravest Warriors fan honestly, but I'm definitely in for the Bee and Puppycat stuff. Adventure Time too, if they ever do that.
>>
Is oracle still here?
>>
>>4747865
1/6 was great but far from perfect, I can't imagine a 1/12th will be very good at all. So much shit was loose and fell off of him easily because of all the hoses, tanks, and straps.

Also I can't imagine it will have any articulation at all.
>>
>>4748137
It's possible some things will be pared down a little or modified, like for example 1/12 Grunts don't have quite as much gear as the 1/6 because that would have made them impossibly thick and layered with too much shit. Sometimes what works in 1/6, doesn't in 1/12. My suspicions of this are even stronger because Ash used to say it was impossible to shrink down DAG--I'm guessing the fact that he has means that he's made some changes or removed some things to make it work.
>>
>>4747843
>but if it's coming this year maybe they're waiting for the Halo hype that comes with a new game?

I'd love to say that makes sense but these are the same people releasing the fucking Matrix figures right now, and outdated Transformers from 3.5 years ago when there isn't a movie coming out for the next year and a half at least.
>>
File: image.jpg (802 KB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
802 KB, 1920x1920
>>4748148
1/12 Astro is going to be six inches of compromise. I imagine the suit will end up being similar to the super thin vinyl-like material they used for Wu's gun holsters, with far less padding than the 1/6. It's about the only way I can see the body retaining any ability to pose at all. I don't care much for AP but I'd almost be tempted to pick up DAG just to see how they pull it off.

>inb4 1/12 DAG is delayed for ages and some homo whines about it endlessly
>>
Got my first 3A figure in today. I got the 3AGO Zombkin and was not expecting it at all. Really nice figure but I'm either a tard or he has no wrist articulation outside of a swivel.
>>
>>4748619
3AGO is still a learning experience for most of us, you're among the first posters here to have one in hand. theres a photo of GO Zombkin dunking in a space jam uniform on the legion forum photo thread and it looks like standard ball wrists there, so I'd say yours are a little stiff or stuck from weathering.
>>
>>4748655
Oh okay I pulled the sleeves up and see the wrist joints. Not sure what type of wrists they're called but they're like figuarts ones where it moves up and down but you can rotate it for different angles and what not. Also I've been told 3A paint flakes off easily is that true?
>>
>>4749053
Never had paint flake off anything. Sometimes the weathering powders they use on some figures can leave your hands a bit dirty but that's about it.
>>
>>4748557
>with far less padding than the 1/6
I fucks with that. 1/6 Astro had too much padding IMO, some people even removed some IIRC. I might get him just because I think he'll be a cool little novelty to own in 1/12 scale. I hope they can retain the LED helmet gimmick, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got cut.
>>
>>4748619
I got it as well today. Its a solid figure for the price but it has pretty much the same limitations as old school Mego bodies.

The clothes and zombkin head are very well done and painted but here come my criticisms.

Main articulation problem I have is you can't get their arms in front of their chest at all really and you can't get the hands on the face unless its off to the sides.

The hands were black plastic with orange speckling, while the rest of the body is orange with a wash. It look kind of lazy and off. Really should have just used orange hands with a heavy black wash for a better looking effect.

The legs on mine are so lightly weathered that the black paint actually looks purple on the orange, not even joking. And honestly it looks like they just patched a tiny bit of paint on it as an afterthought.

The head feels like super thin and hollow ABS plastic, it feels kind of cheap compared to everything 3A I've handeled head wise. On the bright side it allows more free movement due to the lack of wieght.

For 45 bucks or whatever I payed for it im happy with it, but honestly the hands specifically bother me. They really do just look kind of lazy compared to the rest of the Zombkin.

Ill post some pics ASAP.
>>
>>4749185
>The head feels like super thin and hollow ABS plastic

Shit, they really are done with vinyl aren't they?
>>
>>4749200
Seems that way, the only thing on the zombkin that seems to be vinyl is the waist mechanism which has always been true with Mego bodies from what I've seen.
>>
>>4749179
Yeah I took the fatsuit off my Astro. Makes him easier to pose and the outer suit holds its shape fine without it. And I reckon the LED will be the first thing cut out for the 1/12. At the usual AP price point of $45 I doubt they're gonna bother with electronics.
>>
>>4749185
Please do post pics, especially of issues you've mentioned like the bad looking hands and legs. I don't feel so bummed now that I missed Hemingway. Well. Maybe I feel a little bad, cause who knows when we'll get that fucker in 1/6.

>>4749262
Oh, I fully expect it to be more than $45, so that isn't really an issue. I mean, think about it--if a relatively simple AP figure like Bleak or JC or a TK is already $45, it's definitely going to cost more for a figure with a multi-layered spacesuit and backpack.
>>
>>4749185
Man this kinda makes me feel a bit bummed since he's my first 3A figure but I do enjoy him. Is it okay if I leave him in his box for a few weeks while I wait to buy a new detolf or like hot toys will he melt in his own fumes from the paint?
>>
File: image.jpg (346 KB, 1242x1494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
346 KB, 1242x1494
>>4749412
True, plus if it's anything like the AK set retailers will slap random higher price tags on what they deem the more desirable figures anyway.

Also, fresh from Instagram some Zomb MD art.
>>
Dirty Deeds Bertie #2 is up if anyone's keen.
>>
I also got my 3AGO zombkin today, I think this is going to be my first and last 3AGO figure, you would think that they would have at least the same articulation quality as their 1/12 line. Both the elbows and knees are single jointed, the torso feels very limited and the hands are just meh...

I liked the clothing and the shoes.

Its ok, but for 45, I was expecting a little bit more.
>>
>>4748557
Man.... I want to like DAG so much, but he's just so fat.
>>
>>4751415
I have more than a couple of 1/12 adventure kartel and WWR figures, so I was expecting at least the same articulation quality.

This was my first figure I bought on the 3AGO line, so I didn't know what to expect, reviews can only give you so much information.

And excuse me for not having your refined toy taste, but I am into stopmotion and I quantify quality in terms of sculpture and articulation. Being limited on the poses I can create is not something I am really fond of.
>>
I'm under the impression that the GOs are pretty much meant to be the most toy-ish thing 3A have done, it's even there in the product tag line: "We like to play". These are the 3A version of toys you'd bash together on the bedroom floor.
>>
>>4751435
Don't reply to such obvious trolls, bro.

Seriously though, it was pretty well-known for a while that this line was a retro throwback based on the MEGO Type 2 body from the mid-70s, so obviously there would be some limitations compared to the modern TrueType bodies used by the 1/6 and 1/12 lines.
>>
>>4751656
I'm fine with that, I as just hoping they had thigh and arm swivels, which apparently they don't.
>>
Anyone pre-ordering the DDV2? I'm new to buying figures, and that price tag is a little daunting. Looks really cool though.
>>
>>4751661
If they can show off the DD2, I wish they'd show us the DD1 as well. I want to see how much variance there will be between models in terms of tampos, weathering, accessory loadouts, etc.
>>
>>4751661
Not me, I hate Berties. If it was a drop cloth? Maybe.

Price for me is way less because 3AA though.
>>
>>4751666
>>4751661

I am. The colors aren't the most exciting, but I don't own any Berties and I can't bear spending $90-100 on the 1/12 ones when they were like $30 originally. I am 3AA for the first time this year so the $153 seems like a steal.

I hope they are gearing up for other colors besides Dirty Deeds, though....

I a
>>
>>4752319

>>I hope they are gearing up for other colors

Exactly. Fuck Civic Defense.
>>
When the fuck is Optimus going to be shown?
>>
File: bums.jpg (578 KB, 1800x950) Image search: [Google]
bums.jpg
578 KB, 1800x950
Muh $600 collection of dirty homeless guys on a $20 Walmart shelf ;__;
>>
>>4754482
I like the dude in the boonie
>>
This is not a troll. I feel this difference in marketing needs to be discussed. You're not 3A fans. You're action figure fans. 3A might seem like action figures but you are confused. 3A does not make action figures they make art pieces. These are interactive pieces of art not action figures. I see many who collect 3A but no other urban vinyl. How can this be? To understand 3A one must be into urban vinyl. You are mistaken if you collect 3A but no other art figures. It is sad to see this happen. Ashley Woods art displayed alongside cheap transformers and marvel legends you can find in any drugstore. 3A is art and it is a mistake that you collect it. I feel this difference in marketing needs to be discussed. This is not a troll.
>>
File: 1346331766678.jpg (197 KB, 600x444) Image search: [Google]
1346331766678.jpg
197 KB, 600x444
>>4754606
>Painted like they're rolled around in shit
>Art
>>
>>4754615
This is troll.
>>4754606
This is not troll.

Please know this difference. Dissenting opinion is not troll. Blatant attack is troll.
>>
http://www.worldofthreea.com/about/
>3A is a toy, publishing and entertainment company founded in 2008 by Kim Fung Wong and Ashley Wood and has become known around the world for its incredibly detailed 1/6th and 1/12th scale collectible figures from Ashley Wood’s Popbot, Tomorrow Kings, World War Robot and Adventure Kartel and Isbobelle Pascha properties. Over the past six years, 3A has extended its award-winning design and production techniques towards licensed properties for Valve, Konami’s Metal Gear Solid and 343 Industries’ Halo franchise as well as an upcoming line of Transformers and Bungie’s Destiny game.

>For 2014 and beyond Ashley Wood will be designing various toy series featuring characters from Marvel, DC, Microman and Reservoir Dogs. In addition, 3A will also be collaborating with animation studio Frederator to produce figures from Bee & Puppycat and Bravest Warriors.
They're toys. This is /toy/.
>>
File: tumblr_mctiihV2yF1qd4ci0.gif (870 KB, 500x235) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mctiihV2yF1qd4ci0.gif
870 KB, 500x235
>>4754606
You probably think Funko Pops/similar vinyls are "art", too.
>>
>>4754538
Thanks, he, I believe it's called Punter Bot Sniper, was only 6000 yen on Mandarake.
I didn't really love the pictures that I saw of him online/I bought him on a whim, but I've grown to really love him.
>>
>>4754606
>This is not a troll
hahah ok~
>>
>>4754624
3A may not be a art, but trolling sure is.
>>
>>4754785
>Reservoir Dogs

What.
>>
>>4754829
Thanks for making me even more impatient for Optimus, you fuck
>>
>>4754897
yep, except they're robots. Look forward to pink robot steve Buschemi.

I'm 100% serious
>>
>>4754989
> Look forward to pink robot steve Buschemi.
There is nothing about this sentence I don't like.
>>
a little psa for the evol rothchild.
his robot arm is very fragile, i broke one of the fingers, but was able to fix it.
his shirt sadly uses that velcro shit, but the collar uses a button, be careful when you open that button. i wasnt able to properly close it anymore so my rothy is rocking a more casual look now.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.