[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"How can I fix this?" General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 20160103_231527.jpg (959 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160103_231527.jpg
959 KB, 1920x1080
I just got this Sting figure the other day, and while checking it out to see if it had any of Mattel's usual QC gaffes, I found that one of the hands had been stretched and bent by the plastic casing. I kept the receipt and the box in case I needed to exchange it, but are there any simple fixes for this?

Also, General for these sorts of problems.
>>
Heat the joint with a hair dryer and bend it back into place. Optional: clamp it together as it cools, or put the figure in the freezer afterwards.
>>
>>5383026

I have tried that before with other toys and the bendy part always went back.
It never stayed unbent.... not sure what to do
>>
>>5383026
hair dryer won't work on the PA (assumption) being used for the joint here. You'd have to heat gun it with clamps consistently, freezing will just make it more brittle since it doesn't allow it to cool properly. The problem with clamps here is that they're most likely wreck the pvc surroundings, especially at the higher temps

>>5384545
because you have to actually heat it enough to warp it, not just bend it. this doesn't necessarily mean a higher temp but constant yeat treating. This wilo be much harder n PVC stuff, though
>>
>>5384921
jesus fuck i hate how mobile devices just cut out words sometimes, fixed last sentence
>this doesn't necessarily mean a higher temp but constant heat treating. This will be much harder than PVC stuff, though
>>
File: image.jpg (836 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
836 KB, 3264x2448
I dug up my Star Wars action figures today and found that stupid childhood me had pulled apart my Aayla Secura figure at the waist. I can't seem to get it back together. The peg is larger than the hole so I can't manage to just push it back in. I tried running it under hot water but that didn't help either. What should I do?
>>
>>5385809
hair dry
>>
>>5385954
Thanks. I ended up getting it to work by using a hair dryer on the hole and running the peg under cold water
>>
Fix it by giving him new hands that are actually gloves
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.