[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discoloration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
I know that keeping your figures out in the sunlight will cause discoloration, but do light bulbs? I worry that my figures will get discolored due to the type of light bulbs I use.
>>
If it's not LED, it is.
>>
>>5351375
So would these do the trick?
>>
File: led-color-temperature.jpg (127 KB, 764x544) Image search: [Google]
led-color-temperature.jpg
127 KB, 764x544
Incandescent lightbulbs are great and pretty much only cause discoloration if they're near enough to be heated by the lightbulb.

LEDs are even better and most don't get hot enough to discolor plastic.

>>5351379
yes, that works well, but i'd choose a lightbulb that offers blue or white light.
Most LED boxes will tell you how the light will appear with a graph. Most LEDs you find at retailers are going to be shitty "soft white" which has that ugly yellow look. 5000k+ are best, if you want your stuff to look natural.

A lot of stores in my area are selling LEDs for 33ยข to a dollar. Seems like there's a lot of discounts being given to stores from the government and utility companies. They're all shitty yellow light though.
blue and white spectrum lights cost $10-20 now, which is pretty cheap.
>>
>>5351610
>blue and white spectrum lights cost $10-20 now, which is pretty cheap.
How long do they last?
>>
>>5351630

For a really long time. LEDs don't burn out easily. Haven't replaced mine for about 3 years now.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.