[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RAH Care and Maintenance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 0714_annie_01.jpg (143 KB, 450x655) Image search: [Google]
0714_annie_01.jpg
143 KB, 450x655
Sup everyone. I'm fairly new to figure collecting, only having begun last summer. Over that time I have come into possession of two figures from Medicom's Real Action Heroes line: Annie Leonhardt and Rei Q.

Somethings been in my mind though. What's the best way, short of keeping them boxed, of taking care of and maintaining these figures? I specifically want to know if you guys have any tips for maintaining their clothes. I prefer to take my figures oUT of their boxes and pose them, but I'm afraid that poses where the arms (with Rei and Annie) or the legs (with Rei) bend will result in the material begetting damaged, such as colour wearing off, the fabric tearing, or it just getting irreversibly wrinkled.
>>
>>5320264
i dont think there is a way around this unfortunately

the only conceivable solution would be to buy 2 each one being the mint and the other being the poseable display figure

i noticed my cammys right arm joint becoming loose only a few weeks after having her ... and after only a few poses
>>
>>5320264
There are just some absolutes and inevitabilities in toy collecting that you need to accept. Fabric outfits fray, diecast joints weaken, white paint yellows, direct sunlight damages everything, rubber cracks, and glues lose adhesive quality- those are the big ones. The best way to preserve a figure with cloth materials is to just set it and forget it in a vanilla pose, not futzing with it ever. That's really the only way to get around the inevitability of it all, or at least to impede the process as much as possible. The cloth ones are not really designed for pose-aholics or people that play around constantly, because rather than being just thick globs of painted extruded thermoplastic with high levels of material tolerance, they're just being held together with threads barely thicker than your own hair and done with a level of quality control that reflects a mass produced product.

tl;dr: there will always be a direct proportion of product damage to product use with cloth materials.
>>
>>5320313

Man coming from doll collecting what are you guys doing with your clothed figures that is fucking them up so badly? I've had dolls in outfits displayed for years and the clothing is just fine. Are doll clothes just inherently tougher or what?
>>
>>5322021
I think it's mostly due to pleather materials not aging well, which is kind of a concern I have with my Sailor Moon Pullips. It is also a material prone to stress cracks and peeling.
>>
>>5322021
>>5322296
Toy clothes aren't designed to stand up to wear and tear like doll clothes. Compare human costume clothes to actual clothes.
>>
>>5322296
I can see that. Pleather is a pretty shitty material and holds up badly over time.

>>5322590
Man that sucks. I would have thought toys that come permanently sewed into thier clothes would have tough clothing to stand up to poseing them frequently but I guess not.
>>
>>5320264
post nudes mang dont be a pussy
>not best girl
where are the potato figures srsly
>>
>>5320264
I wanna see her nude
>>
File: 1448001131649.jpg (1 MB, 1146x1557) Image search: [Google]
1448001131649.jpg
1 MB, 1146x1557
>>5320264
strip her and post lwed pics op dont be a faggot
>>
I don't know what your conditions are OP, but I would highly recommend some sort of closed case compared to open display. It'll keep dust and such off the fabric with could get hard to clean up a long while. Just my two cents as a fellow with several RAH's. Do what you can to protect your ladies!
>>
>>5324621
Not OP, but aren't the clothes on these not meant to be removed? Isn't it bad for the clothes when they are taken off, like stressing specific areas of the clothing?
>>
>>5324673
are you a hamhands or soemthing jsut be carefull dude and strip it
>http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/15969
>>
File: two_hand1300508957.jpg (80 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
two_hand1300508957.jpg
80 KB, 600x450
whe need a poit of body comparison betwen annie, cammy and chun-li bruh godspeed
>>
>>5325006
its a bitch to remove cammys clothing... i did it the other night
she is 10/10 hot but im not doing that again... what a bitch that was to put back on
>>
File: 1448000150458.jpg (2 MB, 1152x1605) Image search: [Google]
1448000150458.jpg
2 MB, 1152x1605
>>5325703
whe already have cammy dude thanks if you're the one from last thread

now whe want some of OP Annie's and Rei's but OP is a little bitch that doesn't share
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.