[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one is a better figure overal? I like the mk 43 armor more,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: S.H.jpg (299 KB, 782x578) Image search: [Google]
S.H.jpg
299 KB, 782x578
Which one is a better figure overal? I like the mk 43 armor more, but I feel that if I get the MK 45 I wont fell "wrong" with an outdated armor... (well fuck Iron Man always changes his fucking armor)
Help me decide which one to get bros!
>>
>>5314395
They are both just about the same in terms of the figure, so just go with the design you like. Since Civil War will have like a modified version of 45 (? seem to have the tiny arc reactors through out the body like the comics) You might want the 45 more in the future when you see the movie.

I do like the 43. More traditional movie Iron Man design.
>>
>>5314395
I think the 45 looks better, but it's kind of a clusterfuck in a lot of places where the 43 is solid. The paint job on the 45 is amazing, for instance, but it has places like the hips and ankles that pretty much had chipping right out of the box from pieces scraping together. It's also got a bunch of gaps like in the knees and neck which look OK sometimes, but extremely weird at certain angles. The last, and probably my biggest problem is that his range of motion is a straight up downgrade from previous ones; the hips and torso in particular are hugely gimped in range of motion.

I've owned all the shf iron man suits at one time or another, and the 45 is by far the weakest mold. Only reason I held onto it was because it looks great. I'd easily recommend the 43.
>>
>>5314431
>>5314444
Thanks guys! I think i will get the Mk 43, i don't care much for the armor itself, but paint chipping really makes me worried, since here where I live they are fucking expensive!You guys are awesome thanks!
>>
I vastly prefer the one on the left due to coloration and sleekness.
>>
File: GUL_2437.jpg (478 KB, 777x1200) Image search: [Google]
GUL_2437.jpg
478 KB, 777x1200
I have the 45 and I like it a lot, but it does leave something to be desired in terms of articulation, but only when compared to other super articulated figures.

Also the paint scraping thing is real, just be really careful.
>>
Not OP, but was thinking of picking up the 45. Where and how do the paint scrapes appear?
>>
>>5314522
>>5314501
Op here! Thanks for the tips guys, I will get MK43 today, he is more bulky and will be much more nice next to war machine
>>
>>5314546
I put mine away already, but I think they are all talking about the front thigh armor, close to the hip. It's nice and smooth and contacting the hip armor could leave a mark.

But that's really an issue with most SHF with this type of hip articulation if you are not careful with the high leg poses, since the hip part is always hard plastic.

Armpit area is also another place both figures might have damaging contact with the chest plate.

It's really a general SHF safety tip thing. Easier to happen when the figure has defined edges.
>>
File: scratches.jpg (942 KB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
scratches.jpg
942 KB, 1920x2160
>>5314546
The little piece that covers the top of the foot moves up and down so you can point the foot upwards. That cover is metal and has a super thin edge, and WILL rub against the places I circled. I knew it was probably gonna be a thing and tried to be careful with it, but it still happened.

Second is the thigh area, the two parts circled will collide if you bring his leg up to 90 degrees or so, and that piece on the crotch area is just as pointy as it looks. That's another one I knew was going to be a problem, but it's even harder to avoid if you actually want to use the joint. This is kind of an issue on the 42/43 too iirc, it's just not as noticeable because of the kind of paint used on the thigh. I still like it, just be really careful.
>>
>>5314872
>>5314944
Thanks guys, I don't think I'll be too bothered about the ankle scratches, but I'll be super careful with the thighs now.
>>
>>5314395
Where were you hoping to get 43?
Isn't he sold out forever?
>>
So I assume this isn't safe to do?
>>
>>5315149
For a decent price, yes, but he's still available on some domestic sites for around 70 bones.
>>
>>5315991
It's scary as hell, but I've done it a couple times. It's not the kind of thing that gets easier over time like it's paint stuck or something though, so I avoid it.
>>
>>5315991
oh god that's scary to even imagine trying...
>>
>>5315149
OP here, I live in Brazil man! I bought him for a decent price, finding him here is very easy
>>
>>5316043
>>5316067
Yeah, I probably won't be attempting it. I am curious how Yamaguchi was able to do it with the top joint though.
>>
>>5316974
Well he said he got the figure covered with glue, dust etc because he was playing with it with his dirty worker's hands. I think he just doesn't care if it gets scratched up.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.